Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: To whose bankai are you most looking forward?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yama

12 14.63%
  • Aizen

7 8.54%
  • Isshin

8 9.76%
  • Shinji

4 4.88%
  • Urahara

23 28.05%
  • Shunsui

14 17.07%
  • Ukitake

1 1.22%
  • Unohana

5 6.10%
  • Yoruichi

3 3.66%
  • Love

0 0%
  • Rose

1 1.22%
  • Tessai

1 1.22%
  • Other

3 3.66%
New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Unknown Zanpakutou Abilities

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi's Bankai

Maybe powers of gravity or something of that ilk.

Kinda like BlackBeard (from One Piece)'s powers..IMO.
    Would be awesome

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AkatsukiNoTobi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't know the zanpakuto's name, therefore he can't release it. So it's not the same as Ichigo's, it's just a sword...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah he explained that even though he doesn't know its name, he constantly forces so much reiatsu into it (just by him being so powerful) that he basically overrides the necessity to know its name to have it release, he just forces it to be released always... unconsciously truly a bad ass.

i think his sword would look like, REALLY brutal, really jagged and spiky. and probably really long and thin, like a more intense version of his sword now.

i think the idea of it being like... able to suck up his reiatsu would be cool. sort of like his eyepatch, like, it could take as much reiatsu as he gave it, and just put that reiatsu force into his sword strokes. that would be really badass, just all his moves having like 200x the force and speed and whatever. cuz if he had a really jagged sword it would make really brutal cuts...

i don't think it would have any like, special abilities though, like aizen's or byakuya's, or even hitsugaya's. probably more like ichigo's: just pure increase in strength generally.

i really hope we get to see it cuz regardless of what kubo decides to make it, every person's release has been really really cool imo. even the espada releases are all really awesome. so i have faith that kenpachi's will be equally awesome
    takin' on S-class missing nin since i was twelve -mrcongojack

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AkatsukiNoTobi View Post
    He doesn't know the zanpakuto's name, therefore he can't release it. So it's not the same as Ichigo's, it's just a sword...
    I believe it was confirmed officially.

Schrödinger's cat 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anax's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that Kenpachi doesnt' know the name of his sword is true (at least up to the chapter I've read, around 250). However, Kubo as a writer could easily work his way around that. For example Zaraki could have seen the name in his dreams or it could be that his "heart" knows it, or any amount of plot tools really. My guess is that Kubo as an artist has already hinted at Kenpachi's sword always being in shikai, since it has different artwork compared to all the other people's sealed swords. You could argue that the jagged edge is the result of countless fights and Kenpachi being so crude of a person that he can't even fix his sword with his spirit (although I think that's part of the sword's shikai), how would you explain the different tsuba though?

Now, concerning what Zaraki's bankai could be I can think of two cases. One, he never attains bankai because he's just one of those "me slash, you die" people, or two he does get it but it's still all about sheer force. For example I could never imagine Kenpachi with a bankai like Byakuya's since he likes to get his own hands dirty, something this dettached wouldn't be his style. Of course all the "weird" types as he himself would call them (poison, psychic, telekinesis etc.) are out of the question! However, I can't imagine him with a bankai like Ikkaku's either, because a huge weapon would shadow Kenpachi's awe inspiring aura. What would really fit his style is a bankai that aside from granting huge power, gives him a handicap as well, like Kuroi-san suggested.

So, to recap, I think that Kenpachi's sword is always in shikai and that if he ever attains bankai it won't be flamboyant, rather simple and brutal, possibly with a handicap.

~Schrödinger's Cat

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't believe it will have a handicap, unless it is one he can control. He only uses them to fight weaker opponents. If they are very strong opponents where Bankai is necessary, then having a handicap BanKai wouldn't make him to happy because he wouldn't be able to remove the handicap and fight at full force, leaving him unsatisfied with the fight.

I too believe that it will mostly just reflect his brute strength and be rather simple, like Ichigo's Bankai. Any effects that require a lot of strategy to use just wouldn't go with his style, and he wouldn't be able to soak up the moment of the fight.

But I like kuroi-san's suggestion of absorbing reiatsu. He would still be able to fight in similar fashion as before while reflecting his amazing strength, and enjoy his battles.
    Last edited by KyleUchiha; November 18, 2007 at 08:14 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

for zaraki's bankai if he ever reaches it, it would have to be a compression bankai like ichigo's but not so small, i think we might see something very very long like sepheroth's masamune. my idea behind his bankai might be a very long saw like sword after it cuts the person it has a high decompression and the wound literly explodes
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi is all about mad power, honor and most importantly thrill. I doubt that he will have a bankai similar to Byakuya's that keeps him out from harms way or a deceptive one like Tousen's that handicaps the opponent and kills the excitement of a fight. Zaraki's bankai -if reached- will most likely enhance his master's own attack power and allow him go crazy to his heart content so maybe Zaraki will have a decoration of bones and skulls on his outfit and will be fighting with a huge iron bat full of spikes that when it hits something, it will destroy it in a big explosion....yeah I think something along these lines fits Zaraki's character.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dedal_x's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

For starters, Kenpachi is far from BanKai. Not closer then the moon.

And second...Zaraki already asked his zanpakutou for his name, and the latter didn't answer. IMHO, Kubo will give Kenpachi a powerup somewhere soon, but he will make us witness it in the middle of the battle.

Something like this:

*Kenpachi and Espada are fighting*
    *Espada has a slight upperhand*
    *Kenpachi removes his eyepatch*
    *Espada gets kicked around, and to escape defeat - releases*
    *Kenpachi has his ass handed to him*
    *More fighting. The scene is: Zaraki lying on the ground, all in blood, the Espada is preparing to make a final strike*
    Kenpachi: (damn...looks like this is it)
    *He notices Yachiru in far background, and has a flashback about his old days in Zaraki quarters*
    Kenpachi: (damn...what was all that for? To die here? Yeah, RIGHT!)
    Kenpachi: "I want to get stronger!!!"
    *Looks on his zanpakutou*
    Kenpachi: (I want to fight, I want to get stronger, you can make me stronger, don't you? Why even now you won't tell me your name? I know! I know I'm not the best wielder you can ask for! I know I didn't care about your wishes or anything tiil up now! I know you are like me! I know you want to fight too!!! Then let's fight!! Tell me, PLEASE!! Tell me and we will fight!!)
    *Nothing happens*
    Kenpachi: (che...and I thought we really were alike..I thought you really wanted to fight too..but it's not like that, is it? You prefer to die, then to tell me your name, don't you?)
    *Kenpachi closes his eyes preparing for death, and suddenly has another flashback*
    *His eyes open in sudden realisation*
    Kenpachi: (Now I remember!! I remember why I wanted to fight!! I wanted to earn my own recognition!! I wanted to earn my new name!! you too...)
    Kenpachi: "YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!? GIVE ME A BREAK!! YOU WANT A NAME!! THEN EARN IT!! FIGHT AND EARN RECOGNITION!!"
    *The zanpakutou in Zaraki's hand starts roaring violently*
    Espada: "Eh?"
    Kenpachi: "STOP WHINING!! OPEN YOUR EYES, SEE THE ENEMY AND F-I-G-H-T!!!"
    *An incredible roar of rage, a bigass explosion, sudden rise of Zaraki's reiatsu*
    *The smoke clears and we see Kenpachi holding two swords, his reiatsu creates hurricanes in the background*
    Kenpachi: "Feels so good, isn't it? NOW, let us carve your new name into his flesh!!!"

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to start with, it seems that Kenpachi is one of those shinigami that not really need to pay attention to his reriatsu. He got tons of it compared to average shinigami.

If he ever reached BanKai, I would say probably an all round BanKai which eliminates his "weakness", that is uncontrolled flow of reriatsu (evidence that he needs that reriatsu eating eye-patch). This is my personal thought anyway

Eliminating that abnormal large flow will enable him to be more discreet in battle and making his presence/attacks less readable. While doing that, his BanKai absorbs his abnormal powers and releasing it as a focus attack, would make him more deadly than now since huge reriatsu-powered attack + focused attack would normally spell trouble.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AngryChubbs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i actually liked the idea of his sword maybe not having a name. i mean the whole thing with zaraki was that he didn't have a name and he named himself kenpachi by becoming the strongest. and then the whole thing with yachiru...so maybe his sword really doesn't have a name and its up to him to name it or just FORCE it into a bankai. i recently re-read the chapters where kenpachi fights ichigo and in them he says that his sword doesn't have a name or that he doesn't know it. but never the less, he forces it into shikai with his ridiculous reitsu...so maybe his sword doesn't have a name but the way he will go bankai is by just putting all his reitsu into his sword.

if something like this does happen, then i could see his sword becoming something along the lines of a light saber lol

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe he should learn shiki first...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefarted2 View Post
    maybe he should learn shiki first...
    Already has it. His sword is a full-time released.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi i agree is about the whole power fighting balls out to the wall type of guy. But its just hard to believe a captain would stand without a bankai i mean one way or the other its just a matter of time for him to learn bankai either now or later. Against an espada though seems a bit too early but its better to see it now than 30+ chapters from now im sure.
    Maybe something of a skull type bankai will be his

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kanzen Shinkiro's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi's bankai should be a massive force, yet something subtle to contrast with his underlying persona. Personally, I envision Zaraki's bankai to be something fearsome to the point where anyone caught nearby is rendered immobile due to the sheer spiritual pressure generated by it, and that virtually no other zanpakuto can guard against it. Unless of course they have been at the least released.

New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast