Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: To whose bankai are you most looking forward?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yama

12 14.63%
  • Aizen

7 8.54%
  • Isshin

8 9.76%
  • Shinji

4 4.88%
  • Urahara

23 28.05%
  • Shunsui

14 17.07%
  • Ukitake

1 1.22%
  • Unohana

5 6.10%
  • Yoruichi

3 3.66%
  • Love

0 0%
  • Rose

1 1.22%
  • Tessai

1 1.22%
  • Other

3 3.66%
New Reply
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Unknown Zanpakutou Abilities

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unknown Zanpakutou Abilities

The manga at large has emphasized that using your zampakuto depends extremely heavily on the relationship you have with it. At the very least when ichigo used GT unconsciously in SS he had a relationship with zangetsu, he basically had access to his power. At the very least for me it does not make a shred of sense for ichigo to use GT without even knowing there was a zangetsu thingy inside of him which granted him such powers. The relationship, knowing the name, it is all of the utmost extreme importance when it comes to zampakuto, how is it vaguely reasonable to argue that such a thing was a GT instead of a regular sword slash with more reiatsu than ichigo knows what to do with? its not like sword pressure is even a rare thing among shinigami, it is merely a sword slash with reiatsu, any shinigami should be able to do things of the sort.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unknown Zanpakutou Abilities

Shunsui and Urahara. Both are "not fit to be seen by others". I hope Urahara's has some sort of gorey blood effect and something like Jumanji for Shunsui lol.

Theirs are closely followed by Unohana's, her's has gotta be amazing. I read a fanfic of hers once and it was mega-epic.

Quote Quote:
    ^I don't see how ishin could have used an actual GT with a sealed sword that much makes no sense IMO. Thats why I compared it to tousen's shikai....
    GT is just a concentration of Spiritual Energy, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to do with a sealed sword. Hailbel and Urahara have performed nearly identical techs with their sealed swords and Kido is basically the same thing.
    Last edited by White Silver King; October 08, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

New Reply
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21