Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Shoujo Anime & Drama Discussion

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoujo Anime & Drama Discussion

A general hang-out place to talk about the latest shoujo/josei anime or drama series that you have seen and like to recommend, or even ask what is the next good one to watch.

You can also create a NEW thread to talk about your favourite series.
    So far, we have the following anime discussion threads :
    -- Ouran High School Host Club Anime
    -- Honey & Clover Anime

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, the last recent shoujo anime that I watched was Ouran High School Host Club - this is so funny that I almost cried laughing at some parts.

I'm currently watching Nodame Cantabile...another funny comedy, apparantly by the same studio who did Honey & Clover I heard, so the 'blurry' effect is quite well done, giving that classic romantic feel. Everytime i watch this, I always look forward to see how Chiaki deal with Nodame's nonsense.

What about you? What's the last anime that you've watch and are there any nice ones to watch recently?
    Last edited by Nami; March 21, 2007 at 10:08 PM.

▲Away till end June. ▲

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shoujo Anime Chill-out Thread

Well, I recently just started on Onegai Twins / Please Twins, a sequel to Onegai Teacher. It's kinda funny but I just get goosebumps when I watch it because they might be siblings!! so yes, incest

I also started watchin Kare Kano, and currently at episode 13 because I watch at youtube, have to wait for the uploader to finish uploading the other episodes.

I realized recently I've been watching a lot of shojo, and I mean a lot. I guess it's because most of them are short (abt 26-51 episodes) and complete while the shonen tends to be long and on-going.

And yes, I've finished watching Ouran High School Host Club in the beginning of Feb. I really liked it, funny and sweet, a girl surrounded by guys, kinda like Perfect Girl Evolution.

If you're wondering, I'm following PGE closely.. Sunako is just hilarious but if the art style is a steak, it's either overcooked or undercooked, never just right.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member choucha0308's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

just discovered and finished The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (14 eps in one night, Yep it was a good one ).
    It is the most entertaining anime I saw in the past few months : it's really hilarious, art style is just fine and there is a real story, not just a "will he kiss her before ep.26" story (not truly important but in fact, the kiss happen way before ep.14).

Only problem
    : for some reasons I can't understand, they decide to put the eps in a random order... It can be fun with anime like XXXholic or Samurai shamploo but with a shoujo it's SUCH A BAD IDEA !!!!!!!!

So now that the serie is finished, it's highly recommend to watch it in chronological order.

I already saw Onegai Twins / Please Twins but I felt a bit disappointed, not as fun as I thought (even if the incest is a not-so-often idea )

Don't konw Ouran High School Host Club but now that U say :

Quote Originally Posted by Nami
    For me, the last recent shoujo anime that I watched was Ouran High School Host Club - this is so funny that I almost cried laughing at some parts.
    I really have to check this one

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Lilium~'s Avatar
    Country
    British Antarctic Territory
    Post Thanks / Like

I just watched "Ouran High Host Club" as well. It was good. probably one of the firsts of this type of anime i actually liked... . I'm currently reading the manga too!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shoujo Anime & Drama Discussion

I just started on Ghost Hunt and I love it It's a supernatural and horror base anime! So if you like ghosts, psychics and the paranormal.. then, it's definitely a must watch

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Meno's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit, I'm not much of a shoujo kind of guy. But I watched all of Ouran at a friend's suggestion. Then I started to watch Lovely Complex on /a/'s suggestion and rather enjoyed that as well. I did watch some of Fushigi Yuugi, but couldn't finish that cause it just got too boring.

And...I think that's about it for the shoujo section.
    [center]

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

ah yes! i just started watching lovely complex too! it's hilarious.. but the manga scans are quite slow >.<

Hmm.. I thought I would just list out some shojo anime I've watched since for some shojo, I don't read the manga.

Marmalade Boy
    What if your parents divorced and swapped partners with another couple and now all of you are living in the same house, along with a new stepbrother?

Hana Yori Dango
    Makino is a commoner trapped in an elite academy that is ruled by the super rich F4 and hopes to move along without bringing much attention to herself. But will she able to?

Lovely Complex
    She's tall and he's short. What happens when a tall girl falls for a short guy?

Perfect Girl Evolution
    Sunako was scarred when the guy she likes called her ugly. Can the 4 pretty boys change her into a lady for a free rent?

Ouran High School Host Club
    What happens when a girl disguises as a boy in the Host Club?

Kare Kano
    Yukino was the perfect model student. But behind that facet, lies her true self. And now, she has finally met her match.

Well, that's all I can think of right now
    Last edited by Azurel; June 15, 2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I have finished watching Golden Corda - Primo Passo, and like it a lot. Too bad it has only 26 episodes.

The story is a high school girl Hina who can see a little fairy named Li-Li, and at Li-Li's request took part in the school's musical competition. Hina knew nothing about music and violin, but with the magical violin given by Li-Li she can play like a pro. In the competition she got to knew the boys who are music genius and dashing of course. There were some romances but all in the end maintained as friendship. (Otherwise she will be hated by fans =__=)

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

between anime and drama which did you prefer??

for marmalade boy, I kinda like the anime better, it's sweeter while the drama just feels kinda weird when the characters think out loud. it didnt give the same feeling as the anime I suppose

for hana yori dango, I like the drama's storyline way better, it's more realistic and has a better flow while in the anime, they just seem to go cruising somewhere and missing school etc without a care in the world and the ending for the anime didn't really wrap up the story.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member choco_vanilla's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Re: Shoujo Anime & Drama Discussion

Is anyone watching the Drama "Life"? (you can find up tp the latest episode raw on veoh.com or the first 2 or 3 eps subbed on Youtube)
    Compared to many dramas coming from shoujo, I think it's well done, well acted without overdoing it like Hanakimi. The story is a bit heavy on the stomach but it reflects a reality happening now. Many youngsters have had to or actually are still fighting with bullying and adults trying to act like nothing is happening. It's a reality that worries me more and more now that my eldest son is almost entering elementary school. So watching this drama makes me abit sad at the same time as interested in what's going to happen next.
    Are there any other TV dramas or movies which the story comes from a manga but was well adapted to the screen?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choco_vanilla View Post
    Are there any other TV dramas or movies which the story comes from a manga but was well adapted to the screen?
    I recently finished It started with a kiss , a Taiwan drama that was adapted from the manga, Itazura na Kiss. The drama is light hearted and definitely hilarious so I recommend it. There was a japanese drama made earlier but I didn't know if it's any good.

Here's a link about it: http://niko-niko.net/dorama/2006/01/...with-kiss.html

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend Glass Mask (2005). Sadly, 17-3X are not subbed and 3X+ haven't been subbed as well. The manga is still ongoing since 20-25 years ago. The 1984 version is just as good if you don't let the "dated" art style bother you.

This was one of the rare animes that just blew me back in awe.

A summary if you will:
    The story follows the trials of Maya as she matures into one of the best actresses that might one day be cast as the legendary "Crimson Goddess."

(Please read from right to left.)

New Reply