Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    I've read upto shira's death last night. His last dialogues sounded pretty odd to me, out of the character. Why would he advise the boy, and why would he call himself evil? Then nagato's lines sounded out of character too. Was he ever the wise type fella? I didn't think so, but then he suddenly started talking like one. I've forgotten the name of the kid, but his characterization was really cool...but i feel that Samura somewhat bent the other characters to shape up this kid's character.
    Shira was a mad dog.
    I think that his last words weren't that weird. I remember too many other characters who said weird stuff that looked out of character during their deaths... But I think it's normal, since humans show their true selves at their last moments.
    Like the last moments of the villain in this movie =D

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

shira called himself "a real bad guy " at the end of his first battle with magatsu ..

even though it was not in a direct way .

"real bad guys never give up "

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

^ oh i forgot about that. But then again it was sort of in a boastful way, but here he almost said it like he was self-condemning. Then again, shinsatsu has a point i guess. I just wanted him, as the real bad guy, not to give up/change even in the very end.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Gorgias's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, that's one of the hardest scenes in the manga to understand. I didn't get it either.

But when I read it again, some lines striked me: "I'm sorry I couldn't kill the man who murdered your dad." - So apparantly Shira feels some kind of guilt against Renzo (the boy). Weird. But in regard of his speach after he realised that his death is near, he says: "Now I can say it. It didn't matter who I killed. [...] Their suffering gave me no pleasure..." So there's maybe a climax of his intentions being sadistic and a "bad guy": Having suffered in his own past - which will maybe remain a blind spot to us -, he got his personality Samura presented us during the story. We all can understand that someone who suffered, was dominated or violated - maybe by his own father (just a wild guess) - will pass over his feelings to other people (without knowing this intention for his behaviour). No dought, that this is a pattern of Shiras life.

But with Renzo he found someone who: 1. was alone, 2. was filled with hatred, 3. shared a common goal (killing Manji). And - that's what I think - he recognised himself in this boy (even if Renzos past is totally different from his own). His relation to him became ambivalent: on the one hand he treated him like trash enjoying the imbalance in power (a kind which suffered himself), but on the other he took care of him in a very unique way (something that he never had, but maybe ever wished) - regarding the quote on top, that he had regrets, because he couldn't revange Renzo's dad . And this is what we saw at the near-end: He accepted his benevolent, sad or sentimental - or however you wanna call this -, but in any case suppressed side.

I suppose that this is a background, which could make us understand Shiras last words.

[I regret to express these things in english - but I hope it's possible to get my point. Quotes from mangareader.]

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

^ brilliant post mate.

MH's Best Username 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GomuGomuNoBigBoner's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've read up to chapter 177 on mangareader, any news when the next chapter/volume or at the very least, the RAW appear?
    Thanks in advance

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an unscanlated volume but I have no idea regarding scanlation status. I would not count on them coming any time soon though. If they do it will be a happy surprise.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Nagashiwa's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the other group already is busy to translate volume 27. ..

because why would anotsuu translate try to translate volume 27 if a other group did do volume 26 too?
    Anotsuu translate did only do volume 26 too because it was already translated.

to me it's still strange why that other group still didn't came with volume 27?
    If they really would translate it from Japanese.. it could be done already!

Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomuNoBigBoner View Post
    So I've read up to chapter 177 on mangareader, any news when the next chapter/volume or at the very least, the RAW appear?
    Thanks in advance
    But vol 27 is on manga reader !!

Here
    Last edited by albabar; October 16, 2011 at 07:28 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a case of reverse jinxing? You complain about the absence of the 27th volume - and suddenly, here it is.

Actual download link for those who think of Blade of Immortal too highly to read it on some lame reader.

Thanks go to Happy Scans!, Offtopia and Rippersanime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    It's been one chapter. Lets revisit this issue when the first volume is out and we actually have an idea of where the story is going? Though I guess my suggestion will probably fall on deaf ears and if/when it is cancelled, the 'I told you so' crowd will pop their collars in misguided and unfounded praise of themselves. ....Just another day in the WSJ thread I guess.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I found out it was out this morning. And Blade of The immortal is something that deserves to be read in a manga reading software... not some low quality online reader.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Anotsuu release will drop Blade of the Immortal.

Easy reason. Because another group is much faster with translating this series.
    So we quit.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys!

I pre ordered volume 28 in yesasia, I keep on checking the site if they already updated the cover scan of it, it says it will be out on oct. 21 with few days left I wonder why still no cover scan. I also tried googling image it but not luck. And then I remember benippon site, I checked in there but they are out business already because of the tsunami. I really eager to see the cover.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to know the cover too.. but no one yet -.- and Friday the volume will be released!!!

I can't wait till I get it!!

---------- Post added October 18, 2011 at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was October 17, 2011 at 07:43 PM ----------

the cover!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lazarai's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah, so cool! It's been a while since Manji had full use of all his limbs. I know I'm excited!

Finally got to put some context to volume 27 and once again, I'm in love with / full of pity for Hyakurin. Samura really likes to drag her through the dirt, and she deals with it better than you'd expect. Such an underrated character... Tougher than Makie in many, many ways.

... Also, understanding what went on between the acid guy and the Ittoryu dude didn't make it any less grim... eeew.

New Reply
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast