Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade of the Immortal Discussion Thread

I'm just going to wait until I hear that the current storyarc is over. BotI is definitely more fun to read a lot of chapters at once instead of on a weekly basis. :/

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    I'm just going to wait until I hear that the current storyarc is over. BotI is definitely more fun to read a lot of chapters at once instead of on a weekly basis. :/
    Yes, that's true.
    I also wait for this arc to be complete. I can't recognize the new characters when I read just a few pages in a month^^

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siedhr's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I sort of hate the current arc, it's too bloody long. So I'll wait until it's over and skimm through the chapters.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too, I hate this arc.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MadDog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just started getting into BotI based on the reccomendation by Gold Knight and Kadoman (manga rec thread). Wow - definetly living up to the hype so far. I'm liking the gritty feel to the characters and artwork. Thanks for pointing this one out.

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! No worries Maddog! It's great to get another convert!

Keep reading because the chapters just keep getting better and better. I'm still stuck on Vol 15 and I've heard rumours that the volumes after that are not as good (hoping that's not true).

Tell us who your favourite character is! With me, I found my fave character changed with each volume! In the end, I really, really liked Manji but it was a tough competition! And then of course, Anotsu is a very complex and well developed character. So many of them! Rin is who I wish Sakura was more like...

But yeah, thanks for letting us know you've picked the title up and keep us updated with your opinion on it!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MadDog's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kadoman! I wanted to have read a little further along in the manga before giving my impressions, but I'm only through volume 3. Still, I'm definetly hooked on the series and glad to hear that it keeps getting better (at least up to volume 15, anyway).

So far, Manji is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite manga characters. He's much different from other "tortured hero" types that are out there. What intrigues me is that he resents his power (immortality) and the fact that he's making up for his sins so that he can get his wish of dying a samurai's death. "You're lucky you can die!" What a sick bastard. Plus, I'm liking how he acts almost bored when surrounded by a group of enemies...it's fun watching them get upset over how casual he is.

As for the other characters, Rin's single minded desire for revenge kind of reminds of a a female version of Sasuke, in that she'd do almost anything to get revenge for her parents. I totally agree that Sakura would be so much stronger if she was fearless like this kid.

Thanks again for the rec on this fantastic series - I'll definetly share some thoughts once I'm further along.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the current arc is improving now, and there are more sidestories going on that I'm enjoying better. Right now I think they're just exploring just how crazy Manji's "healing ability" really can be (I wish we'd learn more about the old hag that gave him his powers.)

And Maddog Hayate, glad you're liking it

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    I think the current arc is improving now, and there are more sidestories going on that I'm enjoying better.
    I have read the last chapter in August '06. That arc was boring to read on a monthly base, so I decided to wait and read it all at once then. Do you think it's a good time to catch up now?

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

well. i only read till volume 10 so i got about 6 volumes to catch up but yeah it is interesting.....all the cutting and stuff and yeah it also gets boring sometimes but worth reading!!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eni
    I have read the last chapter in August '06. That arc was boring to read on a monthly base, so I decided to wait and read it all at once then. Do you think it's a good time to catch up now?
    Wait a little longer, I suppose. I think it'd be best read when the whole arc is over.

Quote Originally Posted by ruby_06
    well. i only read till volume 10 so i got about 6 volumes to catch up but yeah it is interesting.....all the cutting and stuff and yeah it also gets boring sometimes but worth reading!!
    Hehe. Spoken like a seinen fan, it seems.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dent's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Blade of the Immortal, how can i say of it, if i like manga today is because of it. The story is excellent, the fights are also good. I don't get why is not that popular. They publish it here in my country, and i was told it is up-to-date with Japan, but i don't know exactly at what point it is. Sometimes we spend months waiting for a new volume.

But certainly, Manji is a very original character in my say, and Magatsu is definitely my favorite hehe.

Ghosted 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member godofthesunn's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited to find this, I always wanted to read this one. Mostly because the name is so intriguing and similar to my own personal goals.
    How much heat can you take?

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Always good to get new converts so welcome to the thread both of you!

Dent, I think it's not as popular as it should be because it is seinen manga and not shonen. Still, I agree - it should be more well known than it is at least (look at Beserk!). Even our own admin, Zindyr, who is a seinen freak, hadn't read it! *still grumbles about that*

They publish it in my country too, and we also have a very long wait in between volumes. I think it's because the mangaka takes his time over it. You'd have to. There is no way a single mangaka could produce art of that quality and still meet a weekly deadline.

Good to see the Manji love!

And godofthesunn - your goal is to kill a thousand baddies? Sorry, couldn't resist!

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kadoman
    Even our own admin, Zindyr, who is a seinen freak, hadn't read it! *still grumbles about that*
    If only there was more time in the day. I'll get around to it when I can. I'm still busy trying to find more obscure titles to bring to the table. (Blade of the Immortal is fairly well known, there just aren't that many people who actually talk about it.)
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

New Reply
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast