Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

The English version by Darkhorse is scanned by comics release groups and can be found on IRC channels like #comic-scans, and I suppose Got Lurk, which also has raw tankoubon scans (under the Japanese title, Mugen no Juunin). I'd recommend doing what you can to support Dark Horse, as BotI seriously has one of the best English manga translations around.

Dark Horse is going to stop publishing it in monthly format, and will only be releasing it in collected trade paperback format (IE volumes) from now on. It's currently at 22 volumes in Japan, and the next volume should be released before too long.

Anyway, some big news: An anime adaptation is currently being produced and will begin airing this summer.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...med-for-summer

Here's the cover of the magazine announcing it: http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8817/54868uk8.jpg

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Jupp jupp *points a few posts upwards*

But finally a schedule time and some more informations, yay!

I think it's time to split the Anime talk from the Manga discussion thread. We don't want to spoil Anime only watchers. So please use this thread for any further informations and discussions about the Anime ->
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28027

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tarou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    The English version by Darkhorse is scanned by comics release groups and can be found on IRC channels like #comic-scans, and I suppose Got Lurk, which also has raw tankoubon scans (under the Japanese title, Mugen no Juunin). I'd recommend doing what you can to support Dark Horse, as BotI seriously has one of the best English manga translations around.

Dark Horse is going to stop publishing it in monthly format, and will only be releasing it in collected trade paperback format (IE volumes) from now on. It's currently at 22 volumes in Japan, and the next volume should be released before too long.

Anyway, some big news: An anime adaptation is currently being produced and will begin airing this summer.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...med-for-summer

Here's the cover of the magazine announcing it: http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8817/54868uk8.jpg
    I would seriously support darkhorse if it wasn't for the fact that i can't stomach reading manga on anything other than CDisplay.It would be really nice if Darkhorse started doing digital distribution for manga, i would buy so much of their stuff.

Anyways the anime is more than likely going to be terrible, Bee Train is a really bad studio, and the man directing it is nothing to be excited about.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarou View Post
    I would seriously support darkhorse if it wasn't for the fact that i can't stomach reading manga on anything other than CDisplay.It would be really nice if Darkhorse started doing digital distribution for manga, i would buy so much of their stuff.
    Really??/ Dude nothing beats curling up in a comfy chair with the actual books. I tried that GotLurk IRC program and eventually figured out how to grab the BOTI raw scans they had that went beyond the dark horse translations...but I ended up just ordering the Japanese language books (20-22) from Sasuga (even though I can't read them,) because I love the physical aspects of reading a book, which I can't get from reading on a computer screen.

Though the art on the computer screen IS bigger, so that's a positive aspect I guess..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone knows when volume 18 will be available in english in #lurk to download?? darkhorse published it in february but issue 131 is the last chapter i can find in #lurk.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roku-sky's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not aware of any group that's scanned it yet. Usually it takes awhile since, you know, its a whole Tankabon to scan.

Personally, I dislike the Darkhorse releases because I can't stand reading a manga from left to right. Guess you can call it bad emotions left over from some western Dragonball releases (where they'd flip the entire image, so sometimes you see inverted Kanji). I gotta start learning to read Japanese... haha. Too bad no group's picked up the monthly releases to scanlate.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

come on!!!! no group started scanlating Mugen no Juunin from chapter 131 up????? why??? i want my manga!! NOW!!!
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

This is hard because:

BoTI Raws available on udan_RAWS are not usable/allowed for scanlations. That means a group would have to provide themselves with direct scans, but all the magazines have already been published long time ago.

They won't scan the Dark Horse version until, well, they're out. And now that they're releasing BoTI in TPB format, it'll take longer for the chapters to come out. But the good news though is when they do come out, you get a volume's worth at once.

Just have to think of it being on hiatus for now.

I've heard BoTI is almost finished though in Japan. The next arc will apparently be the last one, according to Samura. So might as well be a little patient since it's all ending soon anyway. In the meanwhile, you have the new upcoming anime to look forward to.
    Last edited by Gold Knight; April 01, 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Succubus's Avatar
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

now I am kinda huge fan of this manga... I say the art style is masterpiece! <33

I can't find 159-165 raws anywhere.. actually found 165 on raw-paradise.. but Megaupload banned in my country =/

seriously I need it, anyone got it??? >_<
    Last edited by Succubus; April 02, 2008 at 12:44 AM.
    known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Medusa / L41n / Guts

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    This is hard because:

BoTI Raws available on udan_RAWS are not usable/allowed for scanlations. That means a group would have to provide themselves with direct scans, but all the magazines have already been published long time ago.
    Are those the same raws available at Got Lurk? Because they do have up to volume 21 there (no idea what chapter that is, but still should be way ahead of ch131). And volume 22 raw should be out soon too, since it was released in Japan awhile ago.

As for more recent chapters, Raw-Paradise does host them on MU (sorry, I've no mirrors). As far as I know those raws are the same as what is used for most scanlations... Why is there a problem using them?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Tarou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha man

I hope Samura does a romance after this, Ohikkoshi was amazing.One of my fav romance for sure.

Still, can't believe BoTI is ending, its my favorite manga and basically what made me such a big manga fan.
    Last edited by Tarou; April 02, 2008 at 12:52 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Succubus's Avatar
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have volume 22, but it's chinese.. http://www.mediafire.com/?nf22krcruwg

Chapters list here..

Volume 01 - Chapter 001-003
    Volume 02 - Chapter 004-008
    Volume 03 - Chapter 009-013
    Volume 04 - Chapter 014-019
    Volume 05 - Chapter 020-024
    Volume 06 - Chapter 025-031
    Volume 07 - Chapter 032-040
    Volume 08 - Chapter 041-047
    Volume 09 - Chapter 048-053
    Volume 10 - Chapter 054-059
    Volume 11 - Chapter 060-067
    Volume 12 - Chapter 068-075
    Volume 13 - Chapter 076-083
    Volume 14 - Chapter 084-091
    Volume 15 - Chapter 092-098
    Volume 16 - Chapter 099-105
    Volume 17 - Chapter 106-113
    Volume 18 - Chapter 114-120
    Volume 19 - Chapter 121-127
    Volume 20 - Chapter 128-134
    Volume 21 - Chapter 135-141
    Volume 22 - Chapter 142-148

Quote Originally Posted by Tarou View Post
    Ha man

I hope Samura does a romance after this, Ohikkoshi was amazing.One of my fav romance for sure.
    it does ^^
    known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Medusa / L41n / Guts

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    This is hard because:

They won't scan the Dark Horse version until, well, they're out. And now that they're releasing BoTI in TPB format, it'll take longer for the chapters to come out. But the good news though is when they do come out, you get a volume's worth at once.

Just have to think of it being on hiatus for now.

I've heard BoTI is almost finished though in Japan. The next arc will apparently be the last one, according to Samura. So might as well be a little patient since it's all ending soon anyway. In the meanwhile, you have the new upcoming anime to look forward to.
    well, so, basically, no one knows aproximately how long it`s gonna take Dark Horse Comics to release something or when? i started reading the goddamn RAW`s i downloaded (even though i don`t know any Japanese ), because ch. 131 didn`t conclude anything... i kinda` watched them for nothing, since what the characters say matters...

right now, there are 2 mangas on top of my very favorites list and i can`t say which is the best: Blade of the Immortal and Berserk... when Miura finishes one Berserk chapter, it doesn`t take long and the scanlation is out and i can wait for 2-3-4-5 weeks for a chapter, since the story just goes along... with Blade of the Immortal, however, is another story: the only volumes i could find are those from Dark Horse Comics, up to volume 17 (and they`re read from left to right, dammit!! ) and from 131 up, read `em RAW`s, if you can!!

how can Berserk be scanlated and not BotI? that is the main question i asked... if i had the money i would`ve bought all the volumes and the i could say: "look, i contributed by buying the volumes from you, now i can afford reaing the scanlations done by a group!!"...

about the ending of BotI: well, it could be a good thing or a bad thing... a good thing since i hope that we`ll get more volumes or a bad thing, because an era ends... and the anime? well, i don`t know... i heard that the studio and the director aren`t that good... but, i won`t say anything until it comes out... looking forward to it!!!!
    Last edited by crazy_horse1989; April 02, 2008 at 02:05 AM.
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roku-sky View Post
    Are those the same raws available at Got Lurk? Because they do have up to volume 21 there (no idea what chapter that is, but still should be way ahead of ch131). And volume 22 raw should be out soon too, since it was released in Japan awhile ago.

As for more recent chapters, Raw-Paradise does host them on MU (sorry, I've no mirrors). As far as I know those raws are the same as what is used for most scanlations... Why is there a problem using them?
    Don't forget that raws found on the "[UR]DAN" bot of "#Lurk"aren't allowed to be used for scanlations.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luckas View Post
    Don't forget that raws found on the "[UR]DAN" bot of "#Lurk"aren't allowed to be used for scanlations.
    I had no idea that was the case... didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the site.

Guts, where did you find the Chinese scanlation? I always hate browsing through Chinese forums since they load extremely slow and are full of pop-ups that mysteriously get through my blocker... So haven't searched that much even though I read Chinese Do you have a link for their distro location? I'd really appreciate it.

New Reply
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast