Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Succubus's Avatar
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

^ I got it from jcafe [LINK]

it's only vol 22 lol, sorry

you can find BotI 1-22 Chinese (HK) HQ comics on Emule verycd ver.
    known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Medusa / L41n / Guts

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roku-sky View Post
    I'm not aware of any group that's scanned it yet. Usually it takes awhile since, you know, its a whole Tankabon to scan.

Personally, I dislike the Darkhorse releases because I can't stand reading a manga from left to right. Guess you can call it bad emotions left over from some western Dragonball releases (where they'd flip the entire image, so sometimes you see inverted Kanji). I gotta start learning to read Japanese... haha. Too bad no group's picked up the monthly releases to scanlate.
    Dark Horse doesn't flip Blade of the Immortal, they cut and re-arrange the panels and word bubbles to fit the left-to-right reading order, and they do it at the request of Samura.

I'd prefer it if they just went right to left as well, but regardless, the translation and quality is just top notch.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roku-sky's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I get annoyed at the translations too because they leave way too much Japanese words in, making you look through a whole slew of lists in the glossary. I mean, a leaving a few (with notes on the same page) would be awesome, but they did too much of a good thing. And they seem to have a habit of bolding words that were never bolded in the Japanese version. I can't seem to understand that.

As for them not really flipping, yes I did read about that, but there are still instances where they are forced to (not to mention redrawing parts they took the bubbles from) - and as I said, my aversion to reading manga that's been rearranged stems more back to bad experiences with inverted kanji, when that is clearly not the case here. But it still gets to me having to read manga that's been rearranged... since I have to think about bad memories whenever I'm reading it... its like, as Pierrot says in Yakitate Japan - "if you talk about shit before eating curry, no matter how good the curry is... I wouldn't want to eat it..."

...Eh, bad analogy, but you get the point

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ako's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade of the Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry77 View Post
    hi all..you can dl it at http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index...he%20Immortal/
    theres alot of manga in it..and it's free, no registration at all..
    how do you download from this site?

Quote Originally Posted by gdupninja View Post
    Oh here is another site. You can download it by the volumes. Just register for free.
    http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/serieslist/
    It is under the B section on like the second page
    thanks for the link

~~

I've known this manga since way back in 1997-98, If I remember correctly
    I've been searching for a copy since then, till I went to this anime/manga store where they were selling the original japanese tankoubons. At first, they said they didn't have the manga when i asked for 'Blade of the Immortal' because the title was in Japanese (of course) the sales staff even said that there were a lot people who were asking them about it )

too bad, the next time I went to the store to buy the rest of the volumes, most of it was already sold out T__T

good thing there are scanlations available ^_______^
    Last edited by ako; May 05, 2008 at 04:11 AM.
    we are roses with thorns
    we won't put ourselves on sale

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade of the Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ako View Post
    how do you download from this site?

thanks for the link

~~

I've known this manga since way back in 1997-98, If I remember correctly
    I've been searching for a copy since then, till I went to this anime/manga store where they were selling the original japanese tankoubons. At first, they said they didn't have the manga when i asked for 'Blade of the Immortal' because the title was in Japanese (of course) the sales staff even said that there were a lot people who were asking them about it )

too bad, the next time I went to the store to buy the rest of the volumes, most of it was already sold out T__T

good thing there are scanlations available ^_______^
    the original name of this manga, running in Japan is "Mugen no Juunin" (something translated like "Inhabitant of Infinity"), so that`s why you didn`t find it, in case you didn`t know...
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ako's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ quite the contrary

I found the manga in their shelves, the store didn't know it was the "Blade of the Immortal" until I pointed it out to them

I was like, "Xcuse me, you got 'blade of the immortal'?" "Nope, sorry" "That's fine I'll just look around...... um... isn't this 'blade of the immortal'?" "Oh, so that's what it is... a lot of people are asking around for that... we call it 'mugen no juunin'" -___-

after that they started labeling it accordingly, thus other people found it and it got sold out T____T

shouldn't have pointed it out in the first place T____T
    should have bought the whole volume myself
    we are roses with thorns
    we won't put ourselves on sale

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member PB|Ichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the sketchlike artwork, also the finishingpanels altough they're quite rare in the latest vols (19-21). I hope that the scanlationgroup will release a bit faster, cause I'm ahead of what the've released till now (tank 21), I don't wanna wait till EMA (german publisher) gets the new Tank out.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's at least not one of the series that EMA announced to drop, which were quite a few. (Though, doesn't change the fact that I'm not supporting the German wannabe-release.)

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    It's at least not one of the series that EMA announced to drop, which were quite a few. (Though, doesn't change the fact that I'm not supporting the German wannabe-release.)
    German wannabe release? Sorry but that I just couldn't left uncommented, cause EMA is really a great publisher, great translations and series they provide, german wannabe releases, tze, you gotta support your fave manga, otherwise it's not surprising that series are being droped, cause everyone just reads the scanlations.

Sorry 4 offtopic

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, that's not offtopic. We only talk about a publisher and his version of this Manga.

I'm not against EMA as a whole but I could care less whether they drop this one or not since I don't see anything good about such kind of censorship. Though, I know the opinion differs here between the readers, but I prefer to support the original work and not the reasonless fear of a company. That's not what I buy Manga for.

We had a discussion about the censoring some time ago and I know that some readers even support this step. But in my eyes that was a really bad and stupid decision which I'm not willing to support in any way. That doesn't mean that I hold onto Scanlations only, btw.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure, that it's being censored, I must admit, that I only read the EMA-version, so I don't really can compare, but other EMA-manga weren't edited, for excample "Eden", "Vagabond" or "Blame!", and the brutality isn't really lower there. Do you have some excamples for the censorship? Would be really great!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure, you can't really overlook that they edited Manji's clothes through the whole series. It caused a big ruckus among fans when the German release started.

Spoiler: original version show

Spoiler: german version show

The reason for this censorship is the fear of law consequences although there aren't any since this is not a Swastika on his back but a Buddhistic symbol - a Manji. The US release by Dark Horse kept the original artwork and put a note in every release, explaining the symbol to the readers.

Spoiler: Dark Horse translator notes show

Personally I think that readers of a Seinen Manga like BotI are mature enough to understand such an explanation and don't need a wrong censoring just to avoid problems which can easily be solved by open talk and enlightenment. The Swastika and the reverse Swastika are ancient symbols and if it's not in the context of those right-winged idiots then there's no need to freak out about it. Dark Horse has my deep respect for the way they handle this topic but EMA's reaction was a huge disappointment to me.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by eni; May 17, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, thanks for that, didn't knew that, imo they should've kept the original reverse swastika, wouldn't have had any consequences, just the normal swastika is forbidden in Comics/Manga, cause they're not seen as any form of art, just like movies for excample (Censorship in the Hellsing manga <-> Hellsing OVA), so it's not really understandable, why EMA censored that, a note would've been enough to clear up any possible misunderstandings.
    Thanks alot for the info, I really didn't knew that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AriSuper's Avatar
    Valpovo(10k people and we have a castle,go figure)
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

As far as I know the symbol dates to the Neolithic period(not the exact one,but something similar).The word is derived from Sanskrit[svastik] (hope most you know what that is),and it's been used in most major religions trough the past :Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.We most know it as a Tibetan good luck charm symboling love and mercy and Facing right, it represents strength and intelligence(well something like that).The Nazi's used it because they believed in
    that whole supreme being crap(you know Aryan supremacy and shit).They got the Idea form the fact that a long time ago,a nordic tribe(called the Aryans) concquerd the old age people of India(don't remember the name),to cut it short they became the Nazi poster boys for all their crap.
    So what I'm trying to say is that the problem is in the fact that what comes to our minds first,when we see a svastika is Adolf(to be blunt).
    Blade of the immortal is an masterpiece,rarely seen in the "comic" world,its art is unique and the most important thing of all IT CAN BE CALLED ART.the svastika shouldn't be a problem(nobody said anything to Spielberg when he made Schindler's List[awesome movie btw]-it only has historic relevance to the story)

that's my point sorry if I'm being boring.
    Last edited by AriSuper; May 26, 2008 at 12:45 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner manjiXrin's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roku-sky View Post
    Personally, I dislike the Darkhorse releases because I can't stand reading a manga from left to right.
    Same here.. And personally I think it costs too much! This is my favorite series, but I can't afford DH's volumes. 3':

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, volume 23 was released in Japan on June 23, and the artbook was released June 19! :3

New Reply
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast