Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blade of the Immortal by Samura Hiroaki

Well yeah I mean, without Rin, there would be no cause for Manji to really join the foray. A question she asked at the end, if Manji met the Itto ryu first, and not her, would he have joined them then?

But I think it was just a question that could make us answer it easily- no. He was like Magatsu, I believe, who really didn't give a fawk. His only driving force was Rin, even if he was in total denial up to the very late chapters. I think he only kinda accepted Rin's importance when Shira (was it? the psycho freak?) got his hands on Rin and put her in the lake or something- the arc before we get to the Habaki-Itto Ryu chase.

All in all I think the Itto Ryu was a well-crafted set of characters- all very sick and twisted and psychotic, you could imagine crossing paths with them and Rin who's just a girl, really, trying to take them down. All for revenge, when Itto Ryu doesn't even bat an eye for her because they supposedly have bigger fish to fry.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

His new manga in Manga Erotics F if anyone cares http://www.sendspace.com/file/w8rmby

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

a new manga already!?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was announced in the previous issue (2 months ago) that it starts now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member silver_soul's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Just completed this. I'm a little let down by the ending, but just a little. Mainly because we didn't see a final confrontation between Rin and Manji with the former's fate largely unnkown...would have been nice to see their farewells. On the whole, the manga had some great moments and was very unpredictable at times.

Habaki was one amazing character, his resolve to try and kill Anotsu no matter what really made me wonder if Samurai's from that era were truly that loyal to the shogunate and for him to even conduct those immortality experiments for the same reason....it was proper sad when his family killed themselves but what was even more sad was the death of Ryo .......Even then he didn't kill Hanabusa (sp?) but he allowed Anotsu to kill him.

It's gotta be the characters more than anything that makes this manga great. Samura did over-do the gore, but the worst of it he reserved for Shira to truly make him stand out in the story.

90 years on and it seems like Manji and Rin are still connected (glad to know that Rin probably did have a family after all) but I found it a bit sad that Manji didn't remember much of the Itto-ryu, Anotsu or Rin until he was given the memento from the little girl....I guess even an immortal brain can only store so much memory.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

I downloaded the first volume of his Beageruta in raw , and it was amazing .

Does anybody know if there is a group working on this manga ?

And could someone give me a link to download chapters from 147 to 155 by anotsuutranslate ?

Acually I have them , but I need the link for my friend .
    Last edited by albabar; July 26, 2013 at 04:28 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Nagashiwa's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by albabar View Post
    I downloaded the first volume of his Beageruta in raw , and it was amazing .

Does anybody know if there is a group working on this manga ?

And could someone give me a link to download chapters from 147 to 155 by anotsuutranslate ?

Acually I have them , but I need the link for my friend .
    here ya go http://www.mediafire.com/?mu0x0ik7s3ogwfc

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

About chapter 218, who is the old man that Giichi thinks its someone he knows?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member IamJacky's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joseahan View Post
    About chapter 218, who is the old man that Giichi thinks its someone he knows?
    Abayama Sosuke
    Check out my friend's clothing company - Copy & Paste Apparel Repping San Francisco Giants!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ganner_Rhysode's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post

And anotsu isn't dead,
    I need to clarify this. He is dead. Anotsu is dead.

And here's the gist of it:
    I just read the German release of the Volume and the Chinese seafarer says "...Wei Si.", which is translated to German as "...not mortal." and not "not dead"! The Chinese symbols are 不是凡人, which translate as 不是 (is not/ ain't) and 凡人 (mortal!! 凡人 is a NOUN, not a adjective, so there is no mistake about it.). This is a translational error of the scanlation group, sorry baboysai...
    They are of course talking about Manji, and he's like 'Huh? What were you just talking about?'
    Okay, here I need to explain thoroughly (and teach you all a little bit, in the process... )...

The seafarer asks Anotsu as he boards the ship in 218: Gan Wen Si? This translates roughly as "Can I ask you about death?" - to which Anotsu answers: "Not (yet) knowing life, how can one know death?" - These are QUOTATIONS from Confucius' teachings (the exact source is Confucius' "Lun yu", chapter 11 - The Analects of Confucius in English).
    These were not written by Confucius himself, but years, decades and hundreds of years later by his students, GREAT-students and great-great-students (so to speak) of which one was named Mencius (a great philosopher in China, probably the second-best known Confucian after Confucius himself).

Now, back to BotI, the seafarer asks Manji "Do you like the Analects?", of course referring to Confucius' Analects. The German edition translated Manji's reply as something like "Why should I?", not "Of course not".

And here is the big point in all this:
    Here stands the ONLY PERSON (in the knowledge of the seafarer) who could know something about death, as according to Confucius, and that's why he says "... Not mortal.", he would like to maybe discuss philosophical improbabilities with Manji, or turn his interest TO these teachings, as Confucius was very interested in terms like life, death and immortality. Why should Manji be interested in Confucius' teachings? Dammit, because he is immortal!

And now to the grrreeeat 'twist' (which now should FINALLY make sense to you):

Chapter 219: Manji (after being asked by the old hag, what he did in those 80 years they haven't met each other): "I got stuck studying Mencius." Isn't that great? I mean seriously, this was just proper planning and great character development, IF you know where to look (and how to translate properly... ;P).
    The scanlationgroup just did a not-so-great job at translating, and if something like that happens in a VERY CRUCIAL moment like this, it leads to erronous results, sadly.

I hope I haven't destroyed your hopes too much and you get to live with the knowledge that Anotsu IS dead in fact. Hopefully I taught you something and you could follow my lesson.
    Last edited by Ganner_Rhysode; October 15, 2013 at 02:44 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahaha. I can't even remember it anymore. I think when I posted that the manga hadn't ended yet? I'm not sure. When I saw that my post was quoted, it felt weird because I also remember thinking at the end that Anotsu surely died. (Eventually, or whatever). Naturally only the ones with the worms get to live forever.

But thanks for the clarification on the translations anyway.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ganner_Rhysode's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I get your meaning, but Anotsu however dies through Rin (and not 'eventually' getting old and stuff^^), that's what this is all about and I tried to exemplify. As they bring his corpse to the ship he is dead.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought i was disappointed with the ending (read upto the chapter before the last two). thought the way ittu ryo finished was anti-climatic, something not right with it. Then i took a looong break, came back and read last ten or so chapters. All i can say is if I ever recommend reading any manga more than once, this it. The ending seemed absolutely out of this world this time. Thing is samura Hiroaki san is a master of climax, all the previous arcs would bear testimony for that. But this time, the last and final ending was not about plot and climax, it was about something more. I'm deeply impressed with the way he finished it, showing how the continuity of life and time goes on, and even the biggest fights and greatest climaxes are but blips in that continuity. Its incredible to convey that sort of feeling to the reader imo, you read a novel and it ends in such way that it still seems to continue. Wonderful.

If there is one thing i disliked,its how Rin was prepared to give up her life...i guess for a character like her, it is the most likely conclusion that such a person would arrive to. Still it was bit cliche, and Rin herself is anything but cliche, so i thought perhaps it'd have been better not to tell us what she thinks about Renzou.

New Reply
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37