Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ichigo related to the Shiba Clan or someone else from SS?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conan's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo related to the Shiba Clan or someone else from SS?

well is it possible that ichigo is from the shiba clan.
    since ishin is a shinigami, and i cant forget the reaction captian ukitake had on his face
    when he first saw ichigo and thought he resembled shiba kaien, and sui fong mentions something about the
    shiba clan being destroyed when they were a noble family in soul society.
    could sui fongs statements be becuase of ishinsactions either in helping urahara or leaving soul society or
    whatever he did in the past, and finally i recall what byakuya mentioned about whyichigo has so much rieatsu even
    without being nobilty.
    what do you guys think.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ryderdm3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: is it possible,could ichigo be ganju's relative (spoilers)

It's possible. Ichigo looks a lot like Kaien. Also, this would explain why no one recognized Ichigo's name. It's obvious that Isshin was quite strong. So I find it hard to believe that he was unknown in Soul Society. It's possible that Kurosaki is a fake name that he took on to hide himself in the human world. Your theory is quite good, and I find it believable.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Ichigo and the Shibas are related.
    Why didn't Ganju tell him about that? Or at leas his sister (forgot the name)? I mean she seems quite capable and well informed about Soul Society. She would have known if Ichigo was part of the Shiba family, I believe.
    And the resemblance to Kaien doesn't mean much. Ichigo also resembles one of the vaizards. But that doesn't mean that they are related.

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, i wouldn't be surprised correction, i would be, but i say the possibility is there... Would be a cool twist to the story...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kukaku could very well know and not say anything. She never told Ganju that Ukitake came by to clear Rukia of any wrong doing. It's possible that she never told Ganju about Ichigo either.

Remember, it's likely that Isshin left Soul Society when Ganju was very young. Even if he wasn't very young, Ganju has no idea who Ichigo's dad is. Ichigo doesn't make it a point to go talking about his family. For all we know, Ganju may have fond memories of his Uncle Isshin. If my theory on the Kurosaki name being made up, then Ganju would have no clue who Ichigo was.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

you have a point there miso,but i think the thought is still valid ,to tell you the truth its just a thought not even atheory it could be tru and may not,
    i just wanted to see what other people thought of it.
    about ganjus sister kukaku well ichigo only existed 15 years ago when he was born.
    no one except urahara should know that ishin has a son fom soul society.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member graphic_content's Avatar
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

well ukitake first saw ichigo on the bridge...byakuya said something to the effect, "he is not the man you think he is, and is unrelated to the man who used to be my superior"...

...i thought they were making a foreshadowing reference to Ichigo's father...

...Ichigo's father is in fact a death god, a captain level at that, and considering his age I think its possible that he could've once been Byakuya's superior...i dont think there is any relation to the Shiba clan though...or that would have been explored already during their time in Soul Society.
    What's necessary in a fight isn't fear; Nothing can be born from that. If you dodge, "I won't let them cut me"; If you protect someone, "I won't let them die". If you attack, "I'll cut them".

- [urahara] kisuke

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Meijin no Kori

Quote Originally Posted by graphic_content
    well ukitake first saw ichigo on the bridge...byakuya said something to the effect, "he is not the man you think he is, and is unrelated to the man who used to be my superior"...

...i thought they were making a foreshadowing reference to Ichigo's father...
    Nope, Byakuya and Ukitake were definently referring to Shiba Kaien there, not Isshin.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

wait a second there graphic content, i think there is a misunderstanding.
    when baykuya said what he said on the bridge ,what i understood is,"he isnt the man that just flashed through your mind,my superior".
    thats what i understood,my superior refering to ukitake as he is higher than him in age and experience being one of the first two captains
    after yammamoto.
    check it again and so will i,becuase that makes things much more different.
    and then ichigo doesnt look anything like his father,and he is like a reflection of shiba kaien,ukitakes vice captain except the hairs colour is different.
    and byakuya mentions that ichigo resembles kaien when he takes rukia forcibly to soul society.
    he tells her after seeing her defend him without an unknown reason.
    "i see, rukia,he resembles (him)".
    thanks for making my poin Mnk

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you got the translation wrong, at least I think so. I remembered it as him saying "No relation to the man who just passed through your head, my senior". It's assumed he meant Kaien. I haven't read the manga for those episodes, but in the gamecube game they assume that as well. When they show Ichigo on that bridge, they pan an image of Kaien over him for a few seconds. I just assumed Byukuya meant his senior was Ukitake.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member graphic_content's Avatar
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess i was mistaken...

...but clarify something for me guys, if Ichigo's father is in fact a captain gone missing from soul society...

...why didnt anyone make that connection when they raided the place to save Rukia...and does that mean that Ishin had in fact already died in a previous life, became a member of the soul society, went A-wall like Urahara, entered a gigai and just started a whole NEW life!!!...

those are my thoughts...but definetly thanks for clearing up that Shiba Kaien thing...makes more sense to me now.
    What's necessary in a fight isn't fear; Nothing can be born from that. If you dodge, "I won't let them cut me"; If you protect someone, "I won't let them die". If you attack, "I'll cut them".

- [urahara] kisuke

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about all that. My thoughts are Isshin changed his last name from whatever to Kurosaki. When Ichigo stormed Soul Society, no one there would have a clue who Ichigo was and that he was Isshin's son. They don't look all that much alike, at least not enough that when you see Ichigo that you think Isshin. And with Ichigo going by the Kurosaki name, they have no clue as to who his father is or what his family is. To them, he's a regular human with shinigami abilities. Ichigo was born in the human world, so no one in Soul Society would know his name. Isshin most likely left around or before Urahara, changed his surname, and then started a family in the Human world.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

well ichigos father isnt in fact anything, i mean we know he is a shingami and quite a strong one at that,he knows urahara,and thats it.
    thats all we know for a fact about ishins shinigami life.
    i would think the reason of no one recognising ishin up til now is well that no one but rukia saw him til now from the shinigami.
    and well since ishin lost his powers like urahara said he didnt have to worry about rieatsu,until he got his powers back ofcourse ,he had to hide them then.
    so thats what i think.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Conan: Actually, there's a chance that Isshin might have been a part of the Royal Guard, if not a Captain/Vice-Captain.

Even if we don't know what kind of Shinigami he was, there's no question in how deeply involved he might have been, in anything.

But back to the question in this thread...

I think there might be a chance that he is. I know for a fact that alot of people think that Ichigo might be a reincarnation of Kae, but I think that's too much.

What made me think of the chances of Ichigo being in the Shiba clan, was the fact that Kuukaka is quite close friends with Urahara/Yoruichi. Why? Maybe because of Yoruichi being in royalty and meeting Kuukaka that way.

But then Kuukaka was really wanting to help once she found out Urahara was involved in that Rukia-saving-arc thingy. My theory here would be, that Urahara did the Shiba clan a favour, by helping Isshin or something like that.

I know it may be far-fetched, but it's just a thoery.

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm,well both pasts of ishin and urahara are two of the biggest mysteries in bleach.
    so no one can say for sure but thanks for your post anyway DZ .
    any other theories on this?

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast