Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zaraki Kenpachi's power

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaraki Kenpachi's power

Zaraki Kenpachi isnt just a case of , well if he got this far with out shikai or bankai then he will be a god when he gets it but is weak right now. Zaraki does a hell of alot to give his opponents an advantage. He mentioned three things which he makes a point of doing to make fights more interesting,

His bells which prevent him from ever being able to sneak up on someone, even if he is the faster.

His eye patch, which devours massive amounts of his reitsu weakening him greatly.

His own self control, Zaraki mentioned that he actually makes a point to swing his sword with much less force then he is actually able. He proved just how monsterously strong he was when he got irked by Ichigo's statement about his Zanpakuto, literally pushing the tip of his sword straight through Ichigo's.

Also regardless of what he said, Zaraki actually won his fight with Ichigo. After using his complete power Zaraki's sword actually should have cut Ichigo straight in half, as mentioned by Yoruichi, but instead Ichigo's hollow mask acted like armor, instead of his being cut in half, half of his organs were just crushed.

In my personal opinion amongst the captains he is probably in the middle , rather then at the very botton where most people put him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zaraki Kenpachi's power

Zaraki in the bottom of the captains??NEVER!!He kicked Tousen's ass without even removing the eyepatch.Obviously Komamura would have the same end if they fought.Moreover the 12th division captain was afraid of him when he caught his hand(where he had been questioning Ikkaku about Ichi).He is in the upper middle if he fights seriously 4 sure.

If he reaches bankai we will talk about a whole different level...Yamamoto's reiatsu level at least!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i totally agree!!

Zaraki kicked tousen's ass even though tousen was using his BANKAI! zaraki will be one to be wreaken with if he obtains bankai somehow...or even shikai...

although, i always thought zaraki's sword was already in shikai and it was like Zangetsu where it doesn't return to normal...all because zaraki's sword is a different shape and all...

also, i wouldn't be surprised if zaraki named his sword since he named yachiru and gave himself the name kenpachi and that his sword supposedly doesn't have a name

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say that Zaraki is is upper middle in rank of captains, based purely on overall power and fighting experience.

If he were able to harness his sword's power he would be in the top 2 or 3 captains.

I think next time we see him fight he may at least know his sword's name, yet i don't think he will have a bankai anytime soon.
    He will be much stronger though... which will look awesome.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toda350Z
    I think next time we see him fight he may at least know his sword's name, yet i don't think he will have a bankai anytime soon.
    He will be much stronger though... which will look awesome.
    I Can't wait too see him going berserk (without the eyepatch and with a Shikai) against the Espadas during the Winter War.

Actually, I can't wait to see the Winter War. Ichigo and Co better retrieve Inoue or run away quickly

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem with Kenpachi is that he lives for the fight, not to win, but simply to fight.

He suppresses his power so much because he wants to fight on equal grounds with his enemy, whoever it is, to enjoy the fight. I hate to say it but I dont know if we will get to see an all out full power Kenpachi, simply because he would think that it would be a funner fight if he wore the eye patch, bells, and all that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Kekeke...

OK, what do we know so far about Kenpachi:

-He's a battle genius. For one, he'd never have made it to captain rank with just raw power, and as we saw in his fight against Tousen, he was able to analyze Tousen's abilities and come up with an effective counter almost immediately.

-He's impervious to pain. We've seen him get stabbed so much I've honestly lost count. He's able to take a great deal of punishment and laugh at it. Honestly, I'd say this alone makes him superior to many captains (barring Soi Fong and Kurotsuchi, since both seem trained to withstand injuries and keep fighting, others)

-Kenpachi only has 2 weaknesses, his desire to make any battle last as long as possible and the willingness to just take any attack head on. The first means he adjusts his power output to match that of his opponent, meaning he could be beaten if his opponent either has an ace up his sleeve or is a better swordsman, the second leaves him vulnerable to attacks that could instantly kill him or leave him unable to fight.

-Yachiru might be considered a liability, or weakness, for Kenpachi by some, but honestly, the only way we'd ever get to see Kenpachi fight all-out and drop his thirst for battle, is for something to happen to her. Just picture it:

some Espada encounters Yachiru and Kenpachi and in a sneak attack badly injures Yachiru.
    Kenpachi would just SLAY the poor bastard... o.o;;

I'd say that out of all the soul reapers in Soul Society, Kenpachi should be feared the most. Even more so than Yamamoto.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyven
    Kekeke...

OK, what do we know so far about Kenpachi:

-He's a battle genius. For one, he'd never have made it to captain rank with just raw power, and as we saw in his fight against Tousen, he was able to analyze Tousen's abilities and come up with an effective counter almost immediately.

-He's impervious to pain. We've seen him get stabbed so much I've honestly lost count. He's able to take a great deal of punishment and laugh at it. Honestly, I'd say this alone makes him superior to many captains (barring Soi Fong and Kurotsuchi, since both seem trained to withstand injuries and keep fighting, others)

-Kenpachi only has 2 weaknesses, his desire to make any battle last as long as possible and the willingness to just take any attack head on. The first means he adjusts his power output to match that of his opponent, meaning he could be beaten if his opponent either has an ace up his sleeve or is a better swordsman, the second leaves him vulnerable to attacks that could instantly kill him or leave him unable to fight.

-Yachiru might be considered a liability, or weakness, for Kenpachi by some, but honestly, the only way we'd ever get to see Kenpachi fight all-out and drop his thirst for battle, is for something to happen to her. Just picture it:

some Espada encounters Yachiru and Kenpachi and in a sneak attack badly injures Yachiru.
    Kenpachi would just SLAY the poor bastard... o.o;;

I'd say that out of all the soul reapers in Soul Society, Kenpachi should be feared the most. Even more so than Yamamoto.

I agree that Kenpachi is one of the most deadly Captains ( he is the strongest officer of the combat squad , he better be).

Yachiru does seem to be the only exceptation to his disregard for the value of life and death. For any other officer he is close to their is a sort of agreement both with him and themselves that should they die in a fight, that that is what should occur. If YAchiru perhaps had chosen an honorable fight then it is possible he would see it in the same way. But if someone sneak attacked Yachiru I think the frail threads that bind together his sanity will snap faster then you can blink.

Saying he is stronger then Yamamoto though I think is a stretch. Yamamoto is a sheer destructive force in every sense. Honestly I think just standing too close to Ryuukin Jakka might kill some of the VIce-captains.

I would definately put him in the same class as the senior ranks of the captains, like Ukitake and Shunsui. Soi FOng might be able to kill him if only because of the power of her Zanpakuto. Mayuri's powers are cheap so he might win simply because Kenpachi will lose his motor functions mid battle, but otherwise there would be no contest.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry, there's a difference between being "more dangerous" and being "stronger"

Yamamoto is the strongest captain, but Kenpachi is the most dangerous one, since out of all captains, he's the most eager to settle everything with his sword.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyven
    sorry, there's a difference between being "more dangerous" and being "stronger"

Yamamoto is the strongest captain, but Kenpachi is the most dangerous one, since out of all captains, he's the most eager to settle everything with his sword.

lol well when I used them I was refering to power, not temperment. But what your saying is still true. The man loves ta fight.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaraki no doubt is one of the strongest captains out there. Man, just imagine if he were to learn shikai and bankai, he would OWN.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He already owns right now. Kubo has been very good about not making this just an ever escalating battle of raw power. The arrancar that came with grimmjaw were 3rd seat or lieutenant strength at best, Yammy , the tenth strongest,in his unrealised form is probably somewhere between the vast gap between lieutenant and Captain.

I would say that as far a vast power goes, we probably wont see some crazy amount of power that we have never seen before until we get to maybe the 7th or 8th espada in their released form. Grimmjaw in his unrealised is probably in the upper levels of captain power (excluding Yamamoto who is in a class of his own) so that would be possibly Ukitake, Shunsui or Urahara. After that I would say 5 and up will probably be stronger then most of the captains.

If Zaraki kept his eye patch off, and fought at full power in every sense when he fought , he would probably be able to handle possibly an unrealised grimmjaw.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm... I predict we'll see him fight one of the Espadas in his usual style, that is the "go ahead and try anything, in the end I will be the one left standing" style, he's always got this air of superiority about him. Even when he's seriously injured he acts as if nothing happened, I'd say he can go toe to toe with just about any espada, but his carelessness in battle might end up catching up to him one day.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ran0001's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poopoomaru View Post
    Yachiru does seem to be the only exceptation to his disregard for the value of life and death. For any other officer he is close to their is a sort of agreement both with him and themselves that should they die in a fight, that that is what should occur. If YAchiru perhaps had chosen an honorable fight then it is possible he would see it in the same way. But if someone sneak attacked Yachiru I think the frail threads that bind together his sanity will snap faster then you can blink.
    Sanity? I remember him saying that he doesn't remember having such a useless thing in the beginning. LOL =P
    Last edited by ran0001; April 12, 2007 at 11:08 PM.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

hehe Zaraki is just one of the strongest without bankai, so I imagine giving him only a shikai or bankai, he would be the strongest person in whole universum of Bleach, in raw power defiently
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast