Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Unlikely (but Possible) Character Relation Theories

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Unlikely (but Possible) Character Relation Theories

    Use this thread to discuss seemingly absurd character relation theories. If you have some theory that seems crazy, make sure that you actually believe it and post reasons why you believe in it. Just posting crazy nonsense is not allowed. ~ Tsukisama
    Last edited by Tsukisama; July 28, 2008 at 08:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dr_ndr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Toushirou Hitsugaya & Grimjaw

    i think Toushirou Hitsugaya and Grimjaw looks alike
    people has been talking about shiba ganju and kurosaki isshin being siblings so what about them ?_?

    and hitsugaya often says things like i will kill you, you are dead, etc.

    that is also makes me put them more alike in my mind

    so what do you say?

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    University of Maryland
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toushirou Hitsugaya & Grimjaw

    No.

    Alot of people speculate Isshin is related to either the Shiba or Shihouin clans because we know a member of one of the noble families was disgraced and/or left SS sometime pre-Bleach time-line....and Isshin is too powerfull to be a nobody, especially when you factor in all the power seemingly bleeding into his kids. But still its an unfounded theory, just like this one.

    Better luck with your next one. Keep at it.

  4. #4
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ran0001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toushirou Hitsugaya & Grimjaw

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_ndr View Post
    i think Toushirou Hitsugaya and Grimjaw looks alike
    people has been talking about shiba ganju and kurosaki isshin being siblings so what about them ?_?

    and hitsugaya often says things like i will kill you, you are dead, etc.

    that is also makes me put them more alike in my mind

    so what do you say?
    Hitsugaya only says stuff like that when its concerns people who harm hinamori. He is shown to be merciful and almost respectful to his opponents when they deserve it where as I don't think that grimjow respects anyone. He often disregards orders and fight with his superiors[tousen, he doesn't even use keigo when talking to him] quite unlike the responsible hitsugaya.
    Last edited by ran0001; April 22, 2007 at 12:02 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'm a proud Haruhiist. Join the revolution to change the world!SOS Brigade Rules!

  5. #5
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dr_ndr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toushirou Hitsugaya & Grimjaw

    i meant appereance but he also gets too heated even if it isnt for hinamori

    i remember him saying you re dead meat when we return to SS to his comrades in real world

    this things makes me think they re more alike

  6. #6
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ran0001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Toushirou Hitsugaya & Grimjaw

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_ndr View Post
    i meant appereance but he also gets too heated even if it isnt for hinamori

    i remember him saying you re dead meat when we return to SS to his comrades in real world

    this things makes me think they re more alike
    Well, maybe but he doesn't mean it. I do it too when someone annoys me. Its pretty normal.Abarai and countless others do it as well including Ichigo and the guys on the 11th division. Its an expression that is not unique at all but for grimjow, he really does mean it.When grimjow says he wants to kill, he really wants the guy dead. If its just being heated-up then there are more better people to compare him to than Hitsugaya. The guy's a nice person at heart, unlike grimjow.
    Last edited by ran0001; April 22, 2007 at 07:13 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'm a proud Haruhiist. Join the revolution to change the world!SOS Brigade Rules!

  7. #7
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    Due to the spoiler rule, I cannot say the old man Espada's name yet. Anyway, I'm sure this came up before but now that we're about to learn more about this Espada, we need to discuss whether this is Ishida's grandfather. This Espada has the same friggin mustache and hair as Ishida's grandfather. Furthermore, it would be a great twist. However, I'm not sure if it would match-up time-wise.

    Anyway, I leave it to others to discuss.

  8. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mestizo311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    332
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    I don't think there is any connection between any of the espada and the good guys. Ishida's grandpa was tested on by Mayuri. I don't think the testing was done on his human body but to his soul. There shouldn't be anything left of his gramps.

  9. #9
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    Due to the spoiler rule, I cannot say the old man Espada's name yet. Anyway, I'm sure this came up before but now that we're about to learn more about this Espada, we need to discuss whether this is Ishida's grandfather. This Espada has the same friggin mustache and hair as Ishida's grandfather. Furthermore, it would be a great twist. However, I'm not sure if it would match-up time-wise.

    Anyway, I leave it to others to discuss.
    I doubt that it is Ishida's grandfather or even Sado's grandfather (as there was also speculation on that a while ago). I think that he is probably just an espada, no connection to anyone else beyond HM. Ishida's grandfather was examined by Mayuri; so, I doubt that his soul could somehow make the transformation into a hollow and then espada-level arrancar, which I imagine would take a very long time to do.

  10. #10
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    I doubt that it is Ishida's grandfather or even Sado's grandfather (as there was also speculation on that a while ago). I think that he is probably just an espada, no connection to anyone else beyond HM. Ishida's grandfather was examined by Mayuri; so, I doubt that his soul could somehow make the transformation into a hollow and then espada-level arrancar, which I imagine would take a very long time to do.
    On the above I think we can probably eliminate Ishida’s grandfather as a likely suspect. However I don’t think anything definitive was made of Sado’s abuelo. I’m wondering if abuelo deserves a rethink now that we have better pictures of the Old Espada – look at that symbol on the belt. (Is it safe to say here what it is? Too spoilerish?) That looks like something I’ve seen a few times in various Latin American settings. Is anyone knowledgeable about that symbol? It might shed some light.

  11. #11
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    You still cannot pass off the fact that Ishida's grandpa and Old Man Espada have the same exact mustache and hairstyle.

  12. #12
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ⎳█
    Country
    North Korea
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    Due to the spoiler rule, I cannot say the old man Espada's name yet. Anyway, I'm sure this came up before but now that we're about to learn more about this Espada, we need to discuss whether this is Ishida's grandfather. This Espada has the same friggin mustache and hair as Ishida's grandfather. Furthermore, it would be a great twist. However, I'm not sure if it would match-up time-wise.

    Anyway, I leave it to others to discuss.
    Maybe, might I would like to think Kubo can create new characters instead of bringing old ones back form the dead.

  13. #13
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    You still cannot pass off the fact that Ishida's grandpa and Old Man Espada have the same exact mustache and hairstyle.
    Indeed I cannot.

    Nor can I pass off the fact that Old Man Espada is build solidly, like a freaking mountain in fact – not exactly like the slim Soken Ishida – he’s easily a few Soken Ishidas wide! Old Man also sports an Espada coat with short sleeves to show off hugely muscled arms, which sounds like Abuelo’s favored fashion. Old Man Espada as well is depicted in colored versions with darker skin as are Abuelo/Chad. He also lacks the patch of beard which Soken Ishida had – but that last point is akin to people claiming kinship between Aizen and Masaki, for example, as we have lately seen, simply on the basis of similar hairstyle. It's a thin argument at best.

    On the basis of looks, Abuelo has at least as much claim to Old Espada as does Soken Ishida.

  14. #14
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    You still cannot pass off the fact that Ishida's grandpa and Old Man Espada have the same exact mustache and hairstyle.
    The geriatric espada has a similar mustache and a similar hairstyle. (The hair is not an exact match; as for the mustache, they seem very similar and could be drawn the exact same, but perhaps Kubo just draws mustaches like that.)

    Quote Originally Posted by nordicbattlesigns View Post
    Indeed I cannot.

    Nor can I pass off the fact that Old Man Espada is build solidly, like a freaking mountain in fact – not exactly like the slim Soken Ishida – he’s easily a few Soken Ishidas wide! Old Man also sports an Espada coat with short sleeves to show off hugely muscled arms, which sounds like Abuelo’s favored fashion. Old Man Espada as well is depicted in colored versions with darker skin as are Abuelo/Chad. He also lacks the patch of beard which Soken Ishida had – but that last point is akin to people claiming kinship between Aizen and Masaki, for example, as we have lately seen, simply on the basis of similar hairstyle. It's a thin argument at best.

    On the basis of looks, Abuelo has at least as much claim to Old Espada as does Soken Ishida.
    I agree. The espada looks more like Abuelo to me than Soken (since he only looks like soken due to the mustache and a similar hairstyle), but even so, it is still a very tenuous argument like this poster has said.

    So, yes, I can pass off the espada's and Soken's similar mustaches and hair, because otherwise they look nothing alike and Soken's fate has pretty much been explained. For Soken to appear later on as an espada is even more absurd than Kenpachi's two-hand power-up, which I place as the border of believability. (Hopefully, Kubo won't try something even more incredulous than that tactic.)

  15. #15
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

    if the argument is solely base on the similar in the drawing then.. it is not good enough.. since artists cannot help sometimes similar in their style of drawing characters..

    the thing with espada is that they can think logically .. *i am not sure if they remember their life before hollow* but if they did then this old guy have no reason to joined up with aizen

    I second what mestizo311 said.. there probably nothing left of gramp

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts