Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unlikely (but Possible) Character Relation Theories

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old Man Espada & Ishida Grandfather

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    Due to the spoiler rule, I cannot say the old man Espada's name yet. Anyway, I'm sure this came up before but now that we're about to learn more about this Espada, we need to discuss whether this is Ishida's grandfather. This Espada has the same friggin mustache and hair as Ishida's grandfather. Furthermore, it would be a great twist. However, I'm not sure if it would match-up time-wise.

Anyway, I leave it to others to discuss.
    It's probably something more messed up the Mix of Ishida's, Sado's and Ichigo's grandfather with ichigo's grandpa being the dominate soul since hollows of there level are made of 1000's of souls but strangely has the hair style of ishida's grand pa the look of sado's and the very fun loving spirit isshin has
    Last edited by JioFreed666; March 22, 2008 at 01:53 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    Due to the spoiler rule, I cannot say the old man Espada's name yet. Anyway, I'm sure this came up before but now that we're about to learn more about this Espada, we need to discuss whether this is Ishida's grandfather. This Espada has the same friggin mustache and hair as Ishida's grandfather. Furthermore, it would be a great twist. However, I'm not sure if it would match-up time-wise.

Anyway, I leave it to others to discuss.
    The only reason I think he is not Ishida's grandfather, the final three-four Espada have to be Vastro. I can not see them using another person like the did with number nine espada.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

none whatsoever the connection from ishida, i would personally think that chad seems to fit in more since we BARELY saw what his abuelo is about. One thing we do know now is barragan (old man espada) is a pretty wide, shot and thick guy while chad's abuelo is pretty slim and diesed

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JioFreed666 View Post
    It's probably something more messed up the Mix of Ishida's, Sado's and Ichigo's grandfather with ichigo's grandpa being the dominate soul since hollows of there level are made of 1000's of souls but strangely has the hair style of ishida's grand pa the look of sado's and the very fun loving spirit isshin has
    thats not true a vasto lodre is composed of 1 soul. As far i can remember from the grimmjow flashbacks a while back: A gillian is composed of 1000 hollows, 1 hollow inside the gillians is able to take control of the gillian and the other 999 souls personalities do vanish (Grand fisher is the best example we saw being transformed into a gillian then into arrancer, due his size he could only have been a gillian and the fact that aizen only has hollows in his service off gillian class and above)

back on topic, the old espada cant be ishida his father as it would take ages (and hell of alot luck) to transform a human into a hollow (a shinigami researched on this aswell making the chance even slimmer) then turning into an gillian getting the ishida grandfather personality, achieving adjuchas level and after that vasto lodre (we can look at GJ his flashbacks and proof it takes a LONG time to become a vasto lodre) (and to put in another example the standard way of a shinigami to become a captain class and seeing how old rukia and renji are and how long it took renji to become a luitant/captain class shinigami)

The most likely explanation for his appearance is that kubo didnt have an original idea for the face art and used style ishida's grandfather had.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to get to that point you have had to be at one time a gilllan but at the same time you can take traits from those you absorb and one personality come out

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Gawd please not another Tobi = Obito, Pein = Minato, Pein = Naruto's twin brother, Suigetsu= Sai's brother thread.

Anime artists often reuse character features unless there is more proof its better not to make that assumption yet.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly certain it's just a coincidence. Though, it would be a pretty interesting twist if it was true. But yeah, like Richo said: Ishida's grandfather has not been dead NEARLY long enough for him to go from normal hollow to gillian to adjuchas to vasto lorde. It's simply not chronologically possible unless Kubo announces some ridiculous concept about Quincy hollows being more powerful or something.

There's also the fact that he was killed by Mayuri, which could either completely disprove or reinforce this theory. On one hand, Ishida's grandfather was killed by a shinigami, not a Hollow. So why would he end up becoming a Hollow? But, on the other hand, it is possible that Mayuri did some crazy experiment where Ishida's grandfather ended up becoming a hollow. But the odds of that are pretty much nil, and it would be a very far-fetched and ridiculous twist.

But hey, you never know.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvir View Post
    I'm fairly certain it's just a coincidence. Though, it would be a pretty interesting twist if it was true. But yeah, like Richo said: Ishida's grandfather has not been dead NEARLY long enough for him to go from normal hollow to gillian to adjuchas to vasto lorde. It's simply not chronologically possible unless Kubo announces some ridiculous concept about Quincy hollows being more powerful or something.
    It probably is just coincidence. But having too much time on my hands, may as well indulge in some idle speculation.

Timing this out is a problem to begin with. I think that the “Building a Better Hollow” scenes were a part of Grimmjow’s flashback during the big fight in Hueco Mundo. The process is described, hollow to gillian to adjucha but I don’t recall seeing how long that takes. Inevitably gillian will be formed faster than adjuchas and much faster than the vasterodes. For all we know it might take a day, a month, a thousand years? Rare as the vasterodes are, it probably tends toward the larger timeframes.

Assuming the normal route for becoming a greater hollow, it does seem very much a question of time. However we may have one possible method which isn’t particularly cheating on Kubo’s part.

Let’s say we make a fresh hollow, send it down to Hueco Mundo. Offer it up on a platter to the resident menos, who gobbles it down. Now by the very nature of the menos, our original hollow IS now that menos, being a part of it. We have evidence of menos chowing down on their lessers; back in the day when we first saw Menos Grande in Karakura Town during the Great Hollow Hunt – we saw that menos eating those hollows who got too close. No more than a snack, really. But the precedent that menos will eat lesser hollows was established quite early, even before we got serious and went to Soul Society. Of course, gillains must merge with or cannibalise other gillians to become adjucha – as well as the clause about a dominant individual/ego – and so on up the food chain, but nothing really seems to preclude them snacking along the way. Except that (in terms of their evolution) it is inefficient. So there is a potential short cut which could chop down the developing time significantly.

Now the problematic part – as if the rest wasn’t! – is how exactly the consumed hollow ends up becoming the dominant personality, in a menos which may already have one. (Also how long it takes, going back to the original thought of the timing.) It is possible on a gillian, one may suppose. Harder in a transcendant gillian in which a dominant ego has already become established. In an adjucha or vasterode where the ego is essentially cemented? Supplanting such an individuality/ego seems like an impossible proposition.

Who knows? And there are probably holes in that which I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvir View Post
    There's also the fact that he was killed by Mayuri, which could either completely disprove or reinforce this theory. On one hand, Ishida's grandfather was killed by a shinigami, not a Hollow. So why would he end up becoming a Hollow? But, on the other hand, it is possible that Mayuri did some crazy experiment where Ishida's grandfather ended up becoming a hollow. But the odds of that are pretty much nil, and it would be a very far-fetched and ridiculous twist.

But hey, you never know.
    Hang on, Ishida’s grandfather WAS killed by hollows – and those of Soul Society that were called on to assist him were “delayed” and came too late to do anything to save him. Remember, Uryu’s whole hatred of the shinigami stems from this incident. The whole thing came about because Mayuri was after Quincy research material, of course, and he did cause that fatal delay. But not saving Ishida Soken and actually striking the death-blow are two very different things. Still, that doesn’t make Mayuri a saint, it actually does make him seem more despicable.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mestizo311's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Decorus View Post
    Oh Gawd please not another Tobi = Obito, Pein = Minato, Pein = Naruto's twin brother, Suigetsu= Sai's brother thread.

Anime artists often reuse character features unless there is more proof its better not to make that assumption yet.
    I agree. Why does every introduction of a new character have to be linked with a current one? I know in some manga's this has happened but let's not jump to conclusions.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mestizo311 View Post
    I agree. Why does every introduction of a new character have to be linked with a current one? I know in some manga's this has happened but let's not jump to conclusions.
    It really is annoying isn't when this happens. It's just like how people immediately without any sort of basis started speculating that Captain Hikifune was Masaki Kurosaki. Some people are just dying to start theories I think or make sort sort of connection, and their zeal for these connections leads to wishful thinking, allowing them to see and believe in connections that are not really there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member frozen18ice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

does anybody notice that isshin(ichigos dad) kinda looks like yamamoto

i been looking at ichigo's dad and genrusai yamamoto or yama gi. they look very similar what if thats who ichigo's dad is why he would know a lot of things and why is that an old guy like that have not shown a family member or his son or daugther plus the fact that yurichi and bykura are royal family but not his blood relation. the fact that ichigo's dad is very strong and it fits i guess if he is ichigos grandfather

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: does anybody notice that isshin(ichigos dad) kinda looks like yamamoto

How do they look alike? I don't see any particular resemblance between Isshin and Yamamoto. Isshin being powerful does not mean he has to be related to Yamamoto either. Aizen, Unohana, Shunsui, and Ukitake are other notably powerful shinigami whose families have not yet been revealed, but they also probably have no relation to Isshin.

Also, Yoruichi and Byakuya are members of two of the four highest ranking noble families in SS, but they are not royalty, altough I don't understand why you bring them up. Are you suggesting that you believe Yamamoto is a member of one of the four great noble families?

Please provide some solid reasons why you believe what you think with manga references so that it seems that this is a serious theory you have and not just some spur of the moment thought. I don't want this thread to turn a spam fest for people. (If it does, this thread will be locked.)
    Last edited by Tsukisama; July 04, 2008 at 08:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member frozen18ice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

every time i look at yamamotos face his nose kinda looks like ishigos dad and his for head and some facial features if you take out the added hair on the side of his eye borrows it looks just like isshin eye, the line that isshin forehead are the same with yamamoto. and for someone who was the leader of the gotei fro so long not to have a son does not make sense and if he did have a son he will be as old as ichigos dad but you are right i still need more evidence to this but its as possible as those one that say he is part of squad 0 or he is the god him self or the missing captain.

and the circumstance that sorounds ichogo aside from him being a half shikigami why was his dad allowed to be in the real world if he was given special consideration and only lost his power 20 years ago.

ps but if you want to close it, its fine but i hope we find out more about isshin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darkbass's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah! really similar, both have two arms, two legs and a head, but the similarities end here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frozen18ice View Post
    every time i look at yamamotos face his nose kinda looks like ishigos dad and his for head and some facial features if you take out the added hair on the side of his eye borrows it looks just like isshin eye, the line that isshin forehead are the same with yamamoto. and for someone who was the leader of the gotei fro so long not to have a son does not make sense and if he did have a son he will be as old as ichigos dad but you are right i still need more evidence to this but its as possible as those one that say he is part of squad 0 or he is the god him self or the missing captain.

and the circumstance that sorounds ichogo aside from him being a half shikigami why was his dad allowed to be in the real world if he was given special consideration and only lost his power 20 years ago.

ps but if you want to close it, its fine but i hope we find out more about isshin
    A lot of the characters in this manga as well as other manga share some facial features without being related. Even the most talented mangka can't make every character look completely absolutely different unless there are only a few characters or they are all different species. I can recall someone posting a theory a while ago on Masaki (Ichigo's mother) and Aizen being related because their hair looked similar. While I don't see this few common features between Isshin and Yamamoto, this is definitely not a stong enough case for Isshin's identity. (If Isshin were related to Yamamoto, the physical connection would be more apparent. If Isshin is related to any known SS characters, it more than likely would be the Shiba clan, given the similarities in appearance between Ichigo and Kaien, similarities which are blatently obvious.)

Whether or not Yamamoto has children really has no relevance to the story, but why would it be so hard to believe that he might not have children? He always struck me as the solitary, legendary warrior-type. I have a little trouble picturing him ever being intimate and fathering a child. From the way he told Shunsui and Ukitake that he thought of them as though they were his sons, it gave the impression that he had no children of his own IMO, but again his family (or lack of one) never has been an issue in the story and has thus never received adequate attention to allow readers to make good inferences on the matter.

There actually is more validity to the theories about Isshin being in the royal guard or even being king than your theory about him being Yamamoto's long-lost son. We know that Isshin is a captain-level shinigami from at least 20 years ago. He has a captain's haori and an outfit not yet seen on any labeled shinigami (labeled as in we know what position they are in the SS army). Plus, neither Rukia nor Shinji recognize him, physically nor spiritually. Given these things, it makes it plausible for Isshin to be connected to the royal guard (or perhaps even be king), but this theory was not based on something obscure that could be easily explained away (i.e., how manga artists draw some similar features on characters).

I am going to close this thread, but if you feel like you have something else that adds strong support to this theory of yours, feel free to pm me about it (or another moderator listed as a Bleach moderator) and whatever new thing you have will be reviewed and judged whether it is worthy enough to reopen this thread.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast