Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 216 Discussion [Vagabond]

I don't exactly remember but right after that scene the story shifts to 8 or 9 days prior to the end of that duel. So I'm assuming that in 217 Musashi is gonna lop off Denshichiro's arm. But seeing this chapter reminds me why I love this manga's character development so much. All the wisdom/training that I'nei and Sekishusai gave to Musashi is beginning to come through and show how awesome he is as a swordsman. To become so skillful that one no longer needs the sword to win is something that Musashi is finally starting to understand. Splendid chapter!

And contrary to what Gold Knight posted, I think there's a lot of suspense right now. Because just seeing how everyone is going to react is gonna be gold when they see Denshichiro defeated. Plus, right in that last page the shot of Denshichiro's wife and son is a good foreshadow of how Takehiko is gonna delve into Denshichiro's past and character. Much in the same way that he did for Seijuro right before he was cut in half. I'm pretty sure Takehiko will do that because he's done that for just about every duel Mushashi's had, like when he fought Baiken and Inshun. Denshichiro is an intresting character too so I'm sure Takehiko will spend some time with him before he bites the dust.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 216 Discussion [Vagabond]

I suppose I just meant foreshadowing as in the outcome of the battle, but there's still some things to be determined, yes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siedhr's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Good idea, GK. Time to get a bit more organized.

In other related news, Manga-sketchbook just released the Viz version of volume 22. Here's the torrent link. I still like our version better, though I'm keeping both of them, naturally.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Im not gonna bother downloading it again. I really dislike how they scan in licensed manga but that may just be me..... *has to find the time to work on chapter 216 (is almost done)*

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vagabond Vagabond anime/OVA, good or bad?

Personally, despite the obvious great material they would have to draw upon, i dont think Vagabond could make it as an OVA or anime. I mean the pictures really work for this series. I am not sure why but there is this feeling that cant really be done (unless, imo, they spend a ton of money on it) in animation. Am I wrong or will we be seeing Vagabond announced as an ova soon?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond OVA, good or bad?

I think there's simply too much story for an OVA. Unless they focus on a single important moment, like
    Spoiler show

I would love to see Vagabond animated, but it would take a lot of money to create the type of animation that would do the manga justice.

Have you heard anything about OVA or is it just something that crossed your mind?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond OVA, good or bad?

its just something that crossed my mind. I guess i should have said ova or anime, either one.

Take Slam Dunk, for example. Admittedly, it isnt quite the style of artwork in vagabond seeing as he has honed his artstyle much more over the last few years but i have seen the anime and compared to the manga, it is sort of meh. Vagabond is a project that could be really good or really bad seeing as the animation quality plays a big role. I just dont see an anime happening that would do it justice and that sucks alot.

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond anime/OVA, good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    I just dont see an anime happening that would do it justice and that sucks alot.
    Actually, the guys doing the new Hellsing OVAs could probably capture the art style perfectly, (even though there have been some complaints with the animation style, that were fixed very thoroughly in the second OVA). Considering the new OVAs for Hellsing are the artstyle almost exactly, though the arstyle is fairly difficult to capture in an animated form, (at least in my opinion).

It would be possible, but it would take a lot of money and a lot of time to do it right, which no company is willing to do. (Hellsing OVA guys aside).
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

217 Discussion [Vagabond]

A new week and a new chapter is here.

Raw: here
    Translation: here

Discuss away.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Musashi - Eiji Yoshikawa

I picked up the book at Amazon.ca here is Canada, but Amazon.com has it as well. Below is a link to the one I got.

http://www.amazon.ca/Musashi-Eiji-Yo...e=UTF8&s=books

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 217 Discussion [Vagabond]

fj;lsdfjl;aksj GREAT CHAPTER.

To me anyway. I'll translate when I get home, here's a spoiler summary.

Summary:
    Spoiler show
    [br]Posted on: October 19, 2006, 12:27:25 PM_________________________________________________Translation: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9978.0
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. Totally caught me off guard. I thought Denshichiro wasn't going to have any chance whatsoever in this battle judging by the sneak preview glimpse we got of the fight much earlier on, but looks like we were all misled.

Of course, Denshichiro fighting left-handed (?) and without a right hand is pretty bad odds for him, but I'm curious to see how Musashi gets out of this one anyway. Whatever the outcome, Denshichiro has definitely gained a little bit more respect from me.

Post Thanks / Like

It's almost like the roles of both characters have been reversed. In their first encounter Musashi was willing to sacrafice anything for victory against the Yoshioka. While Denshichiro remained calm and collected. Now Denshichiro is doing exactly what Musashi did in their first duel. Oh, and it's Denshichiro's left hand that gets cut off. I feel the same way as Gold Knight about Denshichiro, he's gained a couple of cool points after the last chapter, but too bad he's gonna bite the dust in the next chapter. And I am curious to see what Musashi does to Denshichiro, because in the beginning of this story arc I saw Denshichiro lying on the ground and Musashi standing up holding a bloody sword.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

could somebody please point me to the place where musashi is standing above Denshichiro ? i.e. the place where everyone found the results of this battle out. It would help me a bunch

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the first chapter from volume 21 (chapter 180), if I understand what you're asking correctly.

New Reply
Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast