Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member battle angel's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 240 Discussion Thread

nooooo my musi no!!! damm ueda....!!!!! i can`t wait the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think it's Musashi who got hurt by that blow ? On one hand it's what Inoue wants us to think, on the other hand, we know Musashi won't die in this fight, and this seems to be a serious blow. It's hard to say from the colour of the kimono who received it.

My opinion is that Musashi managed to catch Kurando and invert positions to make him receive Ueda's blow.

There remains one last, but unlikely possibility, another character (a defeated Yoshioka disgusted by Ueda's ways, or Sasaki ? Matahachi ?) would have hit Ueda or Kurando.

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's someone else. The clothing Musashi and Kurando wear are a different shade than what is actually being hit by Ueda. Musashi's is much to dark and Kurando's is much too light. I don't think Matahachi would kill himself here to save Musashi, but I guess I don't know. It really could be him. Regardless, excellent chapter. I'll see about getting it translated as soon as I can.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it could definitely be Kurando, if seen from the dark side with some shadow it would look darker, just like what is being shown.

Matahachi is unlikely, IMO.
    Spoiler show

My bet would rather be on Tagaya, the man who disarmed Musashi. We're not even sure he really died (he got hurt but was it lethal ?).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner walter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    My bet would rather be on Tagaya, the man who disarmed Musashi. We're not even sure he really died (he got hurt but was it lethal ?).
    Tagaya? Musashi saw his corpse just last chapter... Page 8. Not to mention you can see his GUTS spilled out after he and Musashi fought. Also, why the hell would Tagaya step up to take a killing blow from the guy he just tried to kill? And no BS please.

It'll be either Kurando or Musashi.
    Last edited by walter; September 18, 2007 at 09:37 PM.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

well i think musashi receive the blow but he can move to avoid the complete hit..or maybe kurando receive the letal hit........hummmm i`m not sure...but don`t forget the manga and the book are different .....but musashi will survive (he`s the main character)

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 240 and 241 Discussion Thread

You were right, there was nobody else, Musashi received the blow.

Seems like Ueda has passed away, not sure whether Musashi turned back to strike him immediatel after grabbing his katana, or if Ueda put his whole life in that final blow and died from exhaustion.
    From the katana's tsuba (the thing down the blade) it seems it's Kurando who got disarmed. But Musashi is also falling down in the end... Looks like the whole battle is over now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Guadeloupe
    Post Thanks / Like

oooohhh god!!!
    this chapter is awsome but these autors..
    damn them!!!
    how can you be that talented and write a chapter which is more an apetizer than a conclusion
    can't wait for the next chapter
    hail musashi!!!

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

woowwww.....ueda and the yoshioka brothers were cute kidsss!!! i remenber in the book , musashi received a blow in this leg......but musashi didn`t realize his own attack again (look his eyes is the devil!!!!) anyone knows when the next chapter comes???????

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Musashi_Keiji's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully no break was taken and the next chapter will be next week.
    But yeah it seems the speculation has come to an end. Ueda did get Musashi...although it looks as if it was a shallow hit on the leg that musashi just countered Kurando killed ueda, and now finished off Kurando too.

Anyone keep track of the number of people killed? I'm wondering if any of the Yoshioka survived to carry on the school? Cuz historically the Yoshioka eventually abondon swordsmanship and become a textile company or something.... Or maybe they become a textile company cuz of the female inheritance (Den's daughter and wife)

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

yoshioka kempo has a textile company and while he was running his bussines,he develop the yoshioka sword-style,and he got famous,well don`t forget there`re many member of the yoshioka dojo living outside kyoto.....poor ueda, he died thinking he killed musashi., well what will happen with musashi????

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting last few chapters, I just now caught up (hadn't really kept up since 233). I've enjoyed this battle, but it's certainly taken its while. At the same time, it certainly validates Musashi as one of, if not the MOST, kick-ass swordsmen ever in all of manga.

Somewhat ironic that even after all that experience he'd amassed since the first chapter, he still strongly resembles the "demon" that he was in his youth. I mean, killing seventy men? If he had been that strong at the Battle of Sekigahara, he would've won it all on his own.

As for Ueda's slash, I think it's Musashi (his leg was clearly shown blooded and cut on page 16, and he certainly hollered), but I think it's probably going to be more of a surface wound. He got lucky though. If that sword HAD severed the back of his knee, he'd be a cripple. Still, that's not going to make it easy for him to travel. Guess it's time for that ol' monk buddy of his to make another appearance. Or maybe his girlfriend. Either way...

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 238 & 239 Discussion Thread

Cool.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Vagabond 242 Discussion Thread

The 242th chapter of Vagabond is HERE!!!

Get your fix? Good
    Now it's time to discuss the chapter here. Sure, you can throw in your predictions too! Happy discussing guys

ps: Vagabond is on break until late November

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 242 Discussion Thread

Who is that girl? Did she stabbed him?

New Reply
Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast