Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Gods dont pander to mere mortals. He puts a preview up to tell his subjects that he MAY be releasing sometime soon or not. Maybe a sacrifice will appease him and he will send one out

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siedhr's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Gods dont pander to mere mortals.
    And people wonder why I'm an atheist.

"throws some virgins Takehiko's way just in case"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess Inoue wasnt happy with the people. Hopefully he wont cast a plague.

It wasnt the leechers that were getting to me, it was something unrelated but i think ill keep it going. Also, the scans aren't coming right now because i'm still on break but when i do i will do at least two chapters

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 210 raw finally http://www.sendspace.com/file/xef9tz

Looks interesting. Kojiro is so childish and rather manipulative. I wonder why he reached for his sword and then decided not to draw it after all.

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll get to that tomorrow, doesn't look like too much work. Hell, doesn't look like it really even needs translating as you guys can pretty much see what is going on fairly easily. Kojiro and Musashi fighting with sticks, flashes to what might happen if they were using real swords, Myoshu happy that they're playing along together and stopping them saying it is time for a meal, and Musashi saying that he doesn't know who would have won a real fight, (I think? Not looking at it right now, not in front of me, but that's close enough. It's that or he knows who would have won, and it wasn't him).
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thanks for the summary, zindryr. Looking forward to the translation.[br]Posted on: 03 July 2006, 04:36:44_________________________________________________Vagabond chapter 211 out: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wz1ft5

W00t!!! So soon. Looks like an interesting chappie.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting back to the new chapter, I can't wait for zindryr's summary (and translation). I wonder what are they all talking about. Oh and this page, the bottom panels, hilarious.

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, rofl, new chapter again. Somehow I missed seeing it. I'll translate it tomorrow afternoon sometime.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay, I can't wait. I'll only be able to give you feed-back Sunday evening though. I'm going on a short vacation to the mountains with my former co-workers tomorrow and I won't have any Internet there.
    Quote Quote:
    Somehow I missed seeing it.
    That shan't happen again. I can PM you when a new chapter comes out if you want.

Totally unrelated, I love this emoticon. Love it.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    I have made a decision regarding the scanlations. (at least of the raws) There will be minimal (other than leveling) editing of the raws simply because making the blacks look black takes up way too much time so the quality drops further. The volume scanlations however will remain high quality because it doesnt take much work to get those looking good. I only have to redraw once or twice anyway.

In short, this will speed up the scanlating process and get more out for the fans. I will probably purchase volume 23 and 24 and see if i get around to scanning them after i finish some other manga on my scanning queue (and after 24 comes out ).

As a result of this decision, i should be able to crank out vagabond chapters. they wont be particularly pretty but they'll get the job done.

edit: i saw your post on ritual scan forge siedhr. You know french? you are one smart woman.

also, read that story and give me honest feedback on the story itself so i can move forward accordingly. I have an idea of where i want to go but still second opinions are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siedhr
    That's understandable. I wouldn't want to ruin my books either. Maybe the [UR]DAN good folks will scan it.
    ... Somehow I doubt that. :P

Getting back to the new chapter, I can't wait for zindryr's summary (and translation). I wonder what are they all talking about. Oh and this page, the bottom panels, hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by zindryr
    Oh, rofl, new chapter again. Somehow I missed seeing it. I'll translate it tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Guys and gals, somehow you're going off-topic.

Although your discussion somehow evolves around Vagabond it's more like a chat abput translating and scanlating and so on.
    Although your effort is certainly appreciated, this thread is to discuss the series and not your techniques how to work on it.
    I suggest making an own thread for it.

Thanks.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh... snap!

I've been waiting for soooo long for the next tank to come out. Thanks to whoever is working on it.

ok.. to get back on topic.
    What do you think makes Takehiko's art style so sweet? (that's on topic right?)
    [img width=550 height=122]http://www.nd.edu/~mquisao/Pictures/VagabondBanner.jpg[/img]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess if you see the more recent volumes of vagabond and real, you'll see the kind of detail that makes him great. Especially in Vagabond in the color pages. You see his fine attention to detail and the playing with colors also helps it. I just dont know how to express the greatness in words. He just is that good.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Takehiko is the Musashi of manga. As an artist, his wonderful blend of eastern and western comic art is baffling. It is very obvious that he has had formal training. I would say he has a thorough knowledge of anatomy.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

What I like the most about his art is the expressivity of the characters. In most mangas you only see a set stock of faces for each emotion, but in Vagabond, each character is distinctive, each expression stages, depending also on the character's aging process. And it's not only the faces, it's also the position of the body, the clothes and so on. Just look at Kojiro's hair who's perpetually being blown this way and that by the wind. Amazing stuff.

His women aren't that great, though. Not to mention the character designs which are very similar - though not as much as Hiroaki Samura's which are practically identical in design, with the notable exception of Doa. I've always found Otsu rather bland and Akemi also. Oko is the only one who is different - both as design and personality. And Otsugi too, but she's old and she's been the only old woman character for a very long time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that his women look the same. I mean the only one that looked remotely different was the girl from slam dunk (i think that she, or her looks make an apparence in real).

In vagabond, i love how he is able to show the despair in the face of the fake kojirou (didnt musashi's friend take that name). I love how he has made Musashi evolve from a twirp from some village to the imposing figure that Musashi is. The other thing that makes his artwork different is his use of paint in the color pages. I you can see the strokes and the layering and stuff. Like i said, it is hard to describe his greatness but we all know it.

Catfish, you are right. If you have ever read slam dunk, you can see just how much of the human anatomy he knows. He makes the characters move like actual basketball players. You can see the fatigue and the wear and tear and that was all those years ago. He has only gotten better in Vagabond and Real

New Reply
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast