Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Vagabond Vagabond 246 & 247 Discussion Thread

246 is out and the translation is posted, discuss in this thread.

RTS is here: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25707

247 RTS here: http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25845

So Matahachi does seem to have some redeeming qualities when he finally realizes what an idiot he's been.
    Last edited by bax; February 15, 2008 at 07:35 AM.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 246 Discussion Thread

I always knew Matahachi would redeem himself somehow. Well, technically he did save Musashi about two times now... always there for his buddy, if not anybody else, heh. Matahachi's not a bad guy - he's just all about himself most of the time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member battle angel's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

matahachi`duty is to save musashi !!!!well the story is getting strange (different from the books)what will happen next???

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gokusgirl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't necessarily see any character growth in Matahachi, but he does realize now what he's lost (His friend, his love) and he wants to salvage whatever is left. It's going to be really interesting to see how Otsu will react to him being there - and of course Musashi will forgive him (he's got to - Matahachi has saved his life twice), but they won't be close like when they were children.

I'm just happy that Otsu gets to see Musashi again. Hopefully this will be a more tender reunion (with hopefully some declarations of love for each other?) than the last time.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 244 - 245 Discussion Thread

You can get the latest chapter (244 & 245) from Strays website

Matahachi, you're such an asshole, but thanks for saving mushashi's life again and let otsu reunited with him LOL

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, haven't seen significant growth no, since Matahachi has done this before and he essentially seems to be the sort of guy that keeps on regressing. He's one of these guys who doesn't really know how to lead, but just follow - because whenever he's with Musashi he does seem to be a better person. It's when he tries to be on his own that he seems to be getting in the most trouble. Still, there may be potential for him to finally grow as a person after this though because he does seem to be coming to some realizations about some things.

It was interesting to see how Otsu reacted to him, first by not recognizing him, and then by commenting how different he looks. It doesn't seem like Musashi and Matahachi will be having their reunion right now though, but just Otsu and Musashi.

I've really enjoyed the art of the past three chapters.

Vagabond chapters are just rolling in now, huh?

It's good to see that Inoue apparently hasn't been lazy lately (like some others!) Can't really say much about 247 yet until I see a Zinny translation though.

Although I guess I'm glad to see that Musashi's leg wound has at least finally been acknowledged. I was wondering what the heck was going on there, because it seemed as though that was a shot that really should have crippled him. Also, Otsu seems so cute in this chapter... and it seems as though Matahachi inadvertently revealed something of significance that stunned Otsu. Be interesting to see just what that was...
    Last edited by Gold Knight; February 15, 2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gokusgirl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Gold Knight, the last three chapters' art work is superb (considering the entire manga is drawn flawlessly). I was wondering too when Musashi's leg wound would be brought up... I don't think that he's far from being over with living by the sword due to this injury. He's been through so much, and I can't see this ending it for him.

Otsu was so surprised hearing Matahachi tell Musashi that he needed to take her with him this time. I'm really loving that Inoue is focusing more on the this Otsu/Musashi situation now; Musashi needs to know let Otsu know where she stands in his life (which she already knows where she stands, that's why she's been so paient). But the situation needs to be resolved, otherwise the poor girl is going to follow him all over Edo.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 246 & 247 Discussion Thread

I'm eager to get to the next story arc and see who Musashi is taking on next. The Yoshioka are destroyed so nobody will be coming after him.

I'm guessing it's going to be Musashi vs. Muso Gonnosuke next. I liked Muso's character design and I'm actually pretty interested to find out how his life played out since Sekigahara.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I finally understood after reading Zinny's translation. Great chapter!

I wrote up some thoughts on this chapter (See my sig.)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member battle angel's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

ooo 247 ´is one of my favorite chapters ,i loveee otsu, she´s so shy and funny, "hey otsu god place for hiding"!!!!!, musashi´s leg is another problem,comparing manga/novel characters, i prefer musashi manga, he is more realistic than the musashi from the novel, poor musi-kun!!!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Neru's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aqsa View Post
    I'm eager to get to the next story arc and see who Musashi is taking on next. The Yoshioka are destroyed so nobody will be coming after him.

I'm guessing it's going to be Musashi vs. Muso Gonnosuke next. I liked Muso's character design and I'm actually pretty interested to find out how his life played out since Sekigahara.
    I liked his character design too. Mainly because he reminded me of Sagara Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin. More or less a coincidence, eh?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Streifen's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

may i ask... do they release vagabond weekly?....

Credit to : Akasunanosasori

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

It is on a weekly schedule, yes. No one has scanned in last week's Vagabond from Morning #12 (Chapter 238) but that's not bad because Vagabond is not in this week. Likely due to Inoue being hard-pressed to release it weekly.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Streifen's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you....

btw... how come they cant use ur tls for scanlations?

Credit to : Akasunanosasori

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

That's more of a question for my thread or a PM. But in any case, my Vagabond translations are only for the Strays scanlation group, that's why.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff

New Reply
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast