Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 261-262 Discussion / 263 Prediction Thread

Was 263 released this week?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. The draft sketches have been published only yesterday on Inoue's website. So it'll probably get released within a couple of days.

My bad, the chapter has been released not that long ago it seems.
    Last edited by Aquarius; February 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: chapter's out

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The Adamant Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I must Admit, this is the best Seinen-Manga I've ever read.

Too bad we won't get translations for the newest Chapter anytime soon, but a good chapter nevertheless. Though the way I see things building up, it would seem that Sasaki Kojiro will work under the "Okura of Hosakawa". And if Takezo ended Accepting to work under the "Yagyuu", then even though Takezo and Sasaki have managed to build a strong friendship regardless of their impressive skills and their way of the sword, in the worst case Scenario and Even though I would hate to see it happen, they'll end up facing and Cutting each others in a battle. ---> Since most Edo lords are currently fighting to gain more territories.

Either way, I can't wait to see how the author will work things out.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know if this has been scanned yet?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 宮本寶藏's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Vagabond 261-262 Discussion / 263 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Adamant Dragon View Post
    I must Admit, this is the best Seinen-Manga I've ever read.

Too bad we won't get translations for the newest Chapter anytime soon, but a good chapter nevertheless. Though the way I see things building up, it would seem that Sasaki Kojiro will work under the "Okura of Hosakawa". And if Takezo ended Accepting to work under the "Yagyuu", then even though Takezo and Sasaki have managed to build a strong friendship regardless of their impressive skills and their way of the sword, in the worst case Scenario and Even though I would hate to see it happen, they'll end up facing and Cutting each others in a battle. ---> Since most Edo lords are currently fighting to gain more territories.

Either way, I can't wait to see how the author will work things out.
    I really hate to rain on your parade man... but... they.. do face each other and ended up cutting each other in battle. That's... what the story of Musashi all about. It's an actual historical event, happened in the novel and will most undoubtedly happen in this Manga.

But I understand that this may be the first time you've heard/read the story of Miyamoto Musashi. So I'm sorry for spoiling it for you. I assume that anyone who reads this Manga and is familiar with the story of Musashi knows about Ganryu Island and the outcome. We've read the great novel by Eiji Yoshikawa and even though we all know what happens in the end, yet Inoue's art/story telling still fascinates us.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The Adamant Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

宮本寶藏I really hate to rain on your parade man... but... they.. do face each other and ended up cutting each other in battle. That's... what the story of Musashi all about. It's an actual historical event, happened in the novel and will most undoubtedly happen in this Manga.

But I understand that this may be the first time you've heard/read the story of Miyamoto Musashi. So I'm sorry for spoiling it for you. I assume that anyone who reads this Manga and is familiar with the story of Musashi knows about Ganryu Island and the outcome. We've read the great novel by Eiji Yoshikawa and even though we all know what happens in the end, yet Inoue's art/story telling still fascinates us.

Sigh . . . there was really no need to spoil a part of this Manga for me fellow. Next time, put the spoiled info(s) under spoiler tags... that way, the reader(s) will be warned. You might have read Eiji Yoshikawa's Novel, but I didn't and just as many others in this forum... I'd rather wanted to slowly discover that info and see it unfold on my own. Even more importantly when the Given info is so Far ahead... don't assume everyone know about Musashi's story. I'm slightly Kinda furious right now. Becarefull next time.

There's epic Stories that aren't made to be spoiled. And this is one of them.

--> But that aside, I'll agree, and it's undeniable that Inoue's work is by far one of the most fascinating story and its definitly a masterpiece.
    Last edited by The Adamant Dragon; February 21, 2009 at 01:15 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I guess it sucks for you about the spoiler. The original book sold 120 million copies in Japan and 250 worldwide. I guess he tought everybody read it. Anyway, those two got to fight, it's pretty obvious. Even knowing that, the manga is da bomb.

Read the books or get the movie trilogy. Anyway, the manga won't be finished in 10 years.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have RAWs of 263 and 264 yet?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

263 is out. read the online link for 262 and keep going. it will take you to 263.

Adamant Dragon. If you wanna know the story read the books. the main story would remain the same (i assume) but the side stories are different.
    Trafalgar Law is the new Shichibukai. He cut down the samurai from Wano. 2-15-12

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KaNx's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Vagabond Vagabond 263-265 Discussion / 266 Prediction Thread

Chapter 263 is out, grab it at the RTS Thread here!
    Get chapter 264 here and grab chapter 265 here.

Discuss and predict the next chapter here!
    Last edited by KaNx; March 04, 2009 at 08:21 AM.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 263-265 Discussion / 266 Prediction Thread

Pleas someone, Scanlate. I beg of thee.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My group (Nihil Sine Nefas, we did c.262) should have c.263 out by this weekend; hopefully by Friday, since we want to try and close the scanlation/raw gap.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dante Julius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We got 263 out a bit earlier than expected:
    http://mangahelpers.com/s/nihilsinenefas/details/14994
    We're working on the next chapter. No usable, though there are some cam shots, raws for the one after that though.
    DIABVLVS A NEFAS TIMOREQVE EXCITAT
    ATRVM LVCEM LEGEMQVE ENIM NET
    IVDEX VMBRARVM LIBERTATEM INNOCENTVM VBIQVE SVBRVIT

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Chapter.................that ghost is being a bit self righteous isnt he? I mean they DID instigate the matter. They should have left well enough alone, and further more they fought him like a bunch of thugs with no honor, they deserve what they got.

I dont see where they come off as victims. They're swordsmen, they live and die by the sword......Takezo fairly challenged and defeated Den, and defeated the eldest brother in self defense.......so once again, how does the ghost get the moral high ground here?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm not sure if the ghost (Ueda?) is being self-righteous in the sense that Musashi was wrong to kill the Yoshioka, or if he's simply extolling on the folly of following the path of the sword in the first place. His last line is something like, "They all wished for luck like Musashi's," which can be taken as either 1) luck in the sense of being good at swordfighting or 2) luck in the sense of surviving the battle. If the former, then he's not being particularly self-righteous. After all, his last words in the actual battle were more like "why couldn't 70 of us kill him?" rather than "why is he killing us?", so it'd be strange for him to be particularly self-righteous about it. So perhaps the ghost is simply lamenting the wastefulness of the path of the sword (a pretty common theme throughout the series).

On the other hand, if he is blaming Musashi, I'd agree with you that he doesn't have much basis for doing so. But I don't think he has such a simplistic motive... well, hopefully the next chapter will shed some light on what, exactly, that is.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast