Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1386

Thread: Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 295-296 discussion

Well Inoue has, and will continue too I'm sure, take many liberties with history and the original story so them rushing off to duel at a young age could happen. Though him introducing Matahachi as the narrator almost makes it seem like he'll be using him to allow time skips that flow rather smoothly. So a chapter or two devoted to what Mushashi does during the nine years prior to the duel wouldn't surprise me. Though it was definitely be mostly text in my opinion, since having too many images would take up too much space if he plans to finish by the end of this year.

But in the end, I have no idea. But this is Inoue we're talking about so I'm sure it will be well written.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The recent chapters showing Musashi's training shows he's already starting to develop the two-sword technique, as opposed to earlier battles where he only used it out of desperation or as a reflex.

So it would also be interesting to see Musashi training more, like I'd wanna see in detail how he comes up with the stuff, or why. I don't really like a time-skip regarding that because when the fight with Kojiro comes, he'll have already mastered the technique.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vagabond Vagabond 297 Discussion

So Inoue released sketches for 297:

http://itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond 297 Discussion

I can never make anything out of these sketches but it is good to know 297 is on the way. (although I was hoping that the scanlation team were too busy and would drop a few issues at the same time)

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dante Julius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but no raws to be found, so not much we can do. We're looking though. Hopefully we don't have to wait until the next volume comes out.
    DIABVLVS A NEFAS TIMOREQVE EXCITAT
    ATRVM LVCEM LEGEMQVE ENIM NET
    IVDEX VMBRARVM LIBERTATEM INNOCENTVM VBIQVE SVBRVIT

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Musashi should attain a level at least close to Sasaki in terms of clean cut, with a branch...then developing Nito Ryuu, and after that the duel...Sasaki said(?) that Musashi is still lacking, so I see Musashi developing during their fight, but with the necessary base before that...the fight with Gonnosuke might actually occur if it's during the journey towards Sasaki...I just want musashi to lose, and it's said that Gonnosuke beats him...maybe the manga will end that way who knows

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 宮本寶藏's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't get the Gonnosuke addiction that many seem to have..

In Inoue's Manga, he is an important character? ...

In real life, he and his disciples/followers "CLAIM" he defeated Musashi on a second round challenge. Where he invented this staff technique that Musashi has no way to defend against. Since Musashi have spared him during their first encounter, he spared Musashi's life in return...

Wikipedia has a passage where it was explained that Gonnosuke came up with a technique to defeat Musashi from a dream/seeing a "Divine Being".

So I'm suppose to believe that some skilled Martial Artist who claim to have defeated Takezo's dad, then taken down by Musashi with a single strike? And this loser came up with a technique that can defeat Musashi from tripping on acid?

In real life, historically speaking, I suspect Gonnosuke was just spreading rumors around so that his school/legacy (Shintō Musō-ryū) can carry on even after being defeated. IF and that's a big IF, Musashi and Gonnusuke even met at all.

Musashi probably won't develop Niten Ichi Ryu, even if he does, the Manga might not mention it at all.

If you noticed the style of this Manga, a Romanticized biography of Musashi, doesn't really focus on techniques and names associated with them.

Take Sasaki for example, he used Tsubame Geishi several times in the story now. None of which anyone, be it narrative or actual dialogue have ever mentioned what it is called. It's just, the way Sasaki use it, anyone who knows a bit of real Japanese samurai legends will immediately recognize it.

Same thing with Musashi. He periodically uses both blades, but never mentions why. Manga doesn't really go into detail to explain he is actually developing some kind of technique that requires two blades to execute. This is Inoue's style and I seriously doubt that we will see "Tsubame Geishi" or "Niten Ichi-ryu" mentioned... ever.

If you noticed, this Manga portrays very realistic events and confrontations. And in reality, even if you developed some kind of unique skill, you wouldn't scream it out loud then perform said technique.

i.e. Naruto/Bleach or (insert your main stream Shonen Anime title here)

Naruto: "Fūton: Rasenshuriken~~~~~~!!!!!!! AHHHHHhh!!!"
    (Fires Fūton: Rasenshuriken)

The above Naruto/DBZ/Bleach or whatever usual scene showing some super hero unleashing a devastating attack but for whatever reason "warns" their opponent before they attack

It's not going to happen in Vagabond lol...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heiji-sama

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

God, those color pages look fantastic! Maybe we will get some Mushashi x Kojiro interaction...or maybe that's asking too much.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

uh... could anyone refresh my memory... who is Gonnosuke please?

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

With respects to the English Scan and Translation team.

Vagabond 297 is out in Chinese. If anyone is interested in looking at some Chinese pages, go here: http://www.bengou.com/080820/lkx0080...505847176.html

Mods and Scan teams may take this off as you please, I'm just here to notify some other teams have already gotten the raw.

Regards,

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Gonnosuke is the one with the staff, who challenged Sasaki, because he thought he was the most powerful fighter...after that he went on the trip along with Sasaki and Ito...

@宮本寶藏
    well, it's not really an addiction, but it's more like a wish to see Musashi lose...
    Anyway he is the only one even if in selfclaims and rumors that developed a technique that Musashi had no counter for...that would be pretty spectacular to see, and now that he has been introduce in the manga I don't see why exclude him

Of course this is Inoue's story and the way he built things up, Sasaki might be the final opponent and the epitome of skill, regarding Musashi's development, but a ray of hope will always exist in my heart

Niten Ichi Ryuu is an important thing that was developed by Musashi and it was mentioned in the manga why Musashi uses both blades sometimes...it's a memento of his father's Jitte techniques...so Niten Ichi Ryuu is somehow a positive element of the legacy his father left...so I think it's important
    Last edited by benelori; July 22, 2010 at 02:23 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Duzy's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an update. The link given by the poster above will provide you with 298 and 299 as well.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Good looking out bro, didn't even bother to check recently, gonna take a look right now...

Too bad I can't read Japanese, and being able to read Chinese only led me to these sites but still waiting on the English scan team to do the translations
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Dude, omfg, I just finished 297, 298 and 299 now in Chinese translation.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Drmke; July 31, 2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Added spoilers >.>

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't read Chinese at all, so would you mind shortly summarising the dialogue parts ?
    Also, who's that fat samurai guy (I haven't finished reading/watching yet, as my connection is slow today) ?

New Reply
Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast