Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93
Results 1,381 to 1,384 of 1384

Thread: Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I loved this chapter. And honestly, I've really enjoyed Farmland. It's been a very interesting change of pace, though obviously I'm excited to see Kojiro again and hopefully the epic, final fight
    It was certainly a necessary arc and is basically all done by Inoue. The arc in the manga is way more philosophical and introspective than the book in that particular chapter, not to forget that Shuusaku is also created by Inoue.
    Now it is gonna be interesting to see how much he is going to adapt from the Kokura chapters since there is still a lot he could do, he could also move directly to the fight against Kojiro though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner someonees's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question, it's about the real Takezo!
    Did he actually kill all the 70 Yoshioka men or it was an add from Inoue! If there any source that will be great
    Thanks

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched a documentary (it's in youtube) and the 70 men were also mentioned.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by someonees View Post
    I have a question, it's about the real Takezo!
    Did he actually kill all the 70 Yoshioka men or it was an add from Inoue! If there any source that will be great
    Thanks
    Musashi challenged Yoshioka Seijūrō, master of the Yoshioka School, to a duel. Seijūrō accepted, and they agreed to a duel outside Rendaiji in Rakuhoku, in the northern part of Kyoto on 8 March 1604. Musashi arrived late, greatly irritating Seijūrō. They faced off, and Musashi struck a single blow, per their agreement. This blow struck Seijūrō on the left shoulder, knocking him out, and crippling his left arm. He apparently passed on the headship of the school to his equally accomplished brother, Yoshioka Denshichirō, who promptly challenged Musashi for revenge. The duel took place in Kyoto outside a temple, Sanjūsangen-dō. Denshichirō wielded a staff reinforced with steel rings (or possibly with a ball-and-chain attached), while Musashi arrived late a second time. Musashi disarmed Denshichirō and defeated him. This second victory outraged the Yoshioka family, whose head was now the 12-year old Yoshioka Matashichiro. They assembled a force of archers, musketeers and swordsmen, and challenged Musashi to a duel outside Kyoto, near Ichijō-ji Temple. Musashi broke his previous habit of arriving late, and came to the temple hours early. Hidden, Musashi assaulted the force, killing Matashichiro, and escaping while being attacked by dozens of his victim's supporters. To escape and fight off his opponents he was forced to draw his second sword and defend himself with a sword in each hand. This was the beginning of his niten'ichi sword style. With the death of Matashichiro, this branch of the Yoshioka School was destroyed.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93