Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: The Television Show Thread

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Television Show Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Yeah, the TSA as well :CD
    Haha, Department of Homeland Security! I thought they might do contraception/birth control stuff, though they might tackle that in this one as well as sub-theme. Either way for the prime theme I expect some dystopian references as well. Should be a nice opener, the last one of the last season was not my taste, it was good, but I always think they can do better.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Haha, Department of Homeland Security! I thought they might do contraception/birth control stuff, though they might tackle that in this one as well as sub-theme. Either way for the prime theme I expect some dystopian references as well. Should be a nice opener, the last one of the last season was not my taste, it was good, but I always think they can do better.
    Some of the earlier episodes last season really fell flat with me, particularly the iPad spoof. But some episodes were fantastic.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Some of the earlier episodes last season really fell flat with me, particularly the iPad spoof. But some episodes were fantastic.
    Yeah, some obvious parodies are not that good, even thought they try to make them as absurd as they can. But when they do a plot with it as well, like in "1%" then they really capture the very fabric of the series. When they specifically involve a character like Cartman or Kyle they can not go wrong. Even Stan and Kenny or Butters but the previous tow are their favorites it seems.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Yeah, some obvious parodies are not that good, even thought they try to make them as absurd as they can. But when they do a plot with it as well, like in "1%" then they really capture the very fabric of the series. When they specifically involve a character like Cartman or Kyle they can not go wrong. Even Stan and Kenny or Butters but the previous tow are their favorites it seems.
    Any Butters-centric episode is pretty much guaranteed to be hilarious in my opinion. The 1% parody was really good.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For a show I randomly picked up, I am starting to slowly get addicted to Once Upon A Time. Or rather, to Rumplestiltskin: what an awesome and mysterious character with actual depth. Thank god the tv show is nothing like what it seemed like from the plot description and first episode. Not that the pilot was bad, at all.

Spoiler: Rumplestitlskin show

---------- Post added April 13, 2012 at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was March 26, 2012 at 01:43 AM ----------

It appears like Chevy Chase is completely out of it. He's been having this verbal fights with the creator since Chevy supposedly walked out in the middle of a finale and said "I'm done". Usually it's between the two but in the latest by Chevy he attacks nt only the creator but all crew and the sitcom calling it mediocre etc.

Not another Charlie Sheen case... I actually find Community hilarious.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2012/04/chevy-c...diocre-sitcom/
    Last edited by ibra87; April 13, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to question the authenticity here. It might be for publicity considering how notorious Chase is for being like this. That and why would Dan Harmon record it? What does he have to get back at Chase for? He's still on the show...it doesn't make sense if it's real.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm? I'm not quite familiar with Chevy's antics IRL but what you're saying's definitely plausible. Hopefully at least. But as for the recording it's supposedly been more than a single incident so it not that surprising.

As for why he would get back at Chase for, Chase walked out on season 3 finale (supposedly because of a sub par script) --> Dan made a speech about Chase --> chase said this.
    I don't know. Not the first time celebrities started a "feud" just for publicity (cough Eminem-Mariah cough)
    Tiger, Tiger.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It was just a theory, I don't know. It seems like if Chase bugged-out on set I'm not sure it required him recording a phone call with him. Who knows.

Chevy Chase has been known to be difficult throughout his entire career. Community is the first thing he's done in a long time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    For a show I randomly picked up, I am starting to slowly get addicted to Once Upon A Time. Or rather, to Rumplestiltskin: what an awesome and mysterious character with actual depth. Thank god the tv show is nothing like what it seemed like from the plot description and first episode. Not that the pilot was bad, at all.
    yup... Once upon a Time and Person of Interest were the most appealing new Series this season for me.
    The Episodes that took the focus to the love-story of Snow and Charming were a little dragged out in the end but other characters such as Rumpelstilskin or the Mad Hatter are very well written and have an interesting agenda.
    A friend of mine called it "Lost with fairy-tale characters"... with all the mysteries and the flashback-narration I think it kinda fits.

Is anybody watching Person of Interest around here? Caviezel is cool as hell and works great with Emerson.
    If highly recommend this for anyone who likes a good conspiracy-procedural.
    Music of rebellion makes you wanna rage

But it's made by millionaires who're nearly twice your age

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well South Park is starting up, I am excited to see what they will pull towards the end of the season with the US election coming up. The last episode airs a day after the election, I think there will be a two part episode about the election, one before and one after it.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

For any NCIS fans out there, producers have revealed that this season will be the year "Tiva"(Tony & Ziva) make headway in their relationship. As well as the bombshell that was the bombing of the Navy yard, season 10 will be a lot about how Gibbs goes out of his way for revenge and settle matters with the ones responsible.

More preview info here.

Season 10 Premiered last night btw~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The thick of it is going to end next week. 7 years and 24 episodes. It has been a genuine joy in watching this show. I don't know how to feel yet, but I do know I am not sad it is going to end. All good things must one day end, I am just glad I have gotten the opportunity to watch such quality television. It has been of the highest standard both in its writing and in the performances. I am going to miss it the intelligent satire pervasive throughout it.

And fuck im going to miss those one-liners.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like watching Family Guy
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I love how Once Upon a Time has implemented Hook (from Peter Pan) into the whole story while explaining his backstory including his fear of Crocodiles. Not very excited about the whole Cora thing but it seems like the logical step with what's happening to Regina and all.

That and Frankenstein story was indeed awesome, though no monster yet =(
    Last edited by ibra87; October 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Tiger, Tiger.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Community's return is now scheduled for February 2013 #February7thIsOctober19th

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast