Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 586 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Television Show Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tanuki-dono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Television Show Thread!

Man, you guys want to turn me into a TV junkie, bringing up all these names. I traditionally am not much of a TV-watcher. However, lately, I've found myself doing it more in my spare time (which might be a bad thing).

Back in the days, I did watch some of <i>The Simpsons</i>, and, due to my father, got stuck watching <i>South Park</i> here and there - more for the satire rather than the gross stuff. My father has a disgustingly funny sense of humor.

Recently, I watch <i>House</i>, but although some of the myseterious illnesses are quite fun to figure out, some of the rag-tag ideas, inconsistent characterization, and simply incorrect medical procedures makes me go *squick.* Especially when the doctors put on suits and go directly themselves to investigate contaminated, roped off areas. Uh...govt. duties anyone? NOT the normal physicians' job. @.@

Awhile back, I watched the series <i>Into the West</i>, which I loved even though I never got to see all of it. ;_; It makes me sad. It also gets me into a philosophizing mood. I get so sentimental watching it. "Why Mom, why? *sniffle* People are people - <i>why</i> do they act that way? People are people are people are people...."

I want to see all of <i>Lonesome Dove</i>... *sighs* If only I knew someone who could loan it to me. I liked what I saw of it. The characters were loveable.

Most of the time, though, I'm a big dork and wind up watching Discovery Health Channel. I adore <i>Mystery Diagnosis</i> and <i>Medical Incredible</i> the most.
    Comic or Manga I'm Reading at the Moment = Vampire Fetish

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

i just got scrubs first season on dvd. i love that show! its so friggin funny!

other great shows, Lost. it just gets better and better. i mean its about a bunch of people stuck on an island but you dont
    give a damn about a rescue. its not even in the plot. it was for the first like 6 episodes but not anymore. now its all good stuff
    instead.

prison break. man that was good! when i first heard about it i was like: "what do you mean he got the blueprints as a tattoo? thats just stupid"
    but hey it wasnt. in fact it was really smart. and the story is just great. the whole conspiracy thing and so on. but a second season????
    i dont want to sound negative but i cant imagine what that will be like... very weird

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destinator
    Does anybody like Lost xD? I like it but the second season final was.... xD
    I'd be lost without it! "Lost" is pretty cool. We've just started the second season in the U.K. and every week you end up switching off the the T.V looking like this:

How many series are there meant to be?
    <br /><br />&quot;I&#039;m not bad, I&#039;m just drawn that way!&quot;

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Verena
    How many series are there meant to be?
    ive heard something about seven seasons in total but im not sure

Post Thanks / Like

HOW CAN YOU HAVE SEVEN SERIES?!

*dies*

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

hpefully they will all be as great as the first two... trust me youre in for a ride with season 2!

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, my head hurts everytime I finish watching, lol.

Anyone here like Wife Swap?

Yayz, 20 posts ^0^

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

no clue? whats wife swap?

Post Thanks / Like

Wife Swap is where two families swap Mothers. It's brilliant. Usually, in the British version they pair up soemone really, really common with someone rather posh. You just sit back and watch the sparks fly. The American version is funnier, though. They usually pair some highly religious people with non-religious, gay or lesbian couples. Ahhh, wonderful cheap T.V.

Anyone follow Big Brother?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG I always thought that this wife swap thing was an idea of a stupid german producer xD damn no offence but I think its rather dumb. Most of them end up crying and stuff like that. But if you like it (same for BB)... (:

And I really hope their wont be 7 seasons of Lost, or at least that they will change the style of storytelling. Its okay that you need to develop everything but the 2nd season is just a crap of 24 episodes with a million questions and like no answers...(especially the season final was a huge dissapointment in case of "I want ansers now").

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brede's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by des
    especially the season final was a huge dissapointment in case of "I want ansers now").
    but that's what keep the viewers coming back to watch season 3 neh? i'm not much for serials...don't have the patience. like des...i just want to skip ahead to see the ending and the AnSWers! when my friends chat about the latest Jap/Korean serials (a bit like "Dynasty", "The bold and the beautiful" except usually shorter)...i'm totally 'lost' after the first 2 episodes. i just wait until it nears the end to find out who died...who lived and who had whose baby no offence to drama serial lovers out there.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brede
    but that's what keep the viewers coming back to watch season 3 neh?
    sure it is...but i think its possible to give answers in a season final and also put new questions into the head of the viewer
    the only question that got answered in the final was why the plane crashed...thats nothing for watching a 2h final >.<

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Count me as a new Lost diehard fan. My dad's always been a fan of Lost, so I got for him the first season DVD set for his birthday a couple of months ago, and watched it with him the last week. Loved it. I wish the second season set was already out (I checked and it's not out until October 6th T_T ).

Seven seasons - sounds fun. If that's true, it probably means they have the whole story planned out from season 1 to the last season. Shouldn't be any letdown, hopefully. I like the characters enough that I think it'll be good.

As for Wife Swap, Big Brother, etc, sorry, the only reality shows I watch are Survivor and The Amazing Race.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i think i saw Wife Swap a bit before.. but it was mean..
    they put a poor african american mommy into a super rich japanese family..
    she was struggling to eat raw fishies...and she's shocked when she saw how much they have to pay for that... (at a super high class japanese restaurant.. about several hundreds of dollars for 5 people)
    she made a comment that that would feed her family for a year..

big brother... it sickens me now..
    only an excuse to put sex and nudity on screen..
    or maybe it's just the australian big brother.. i haven't seen the american one..

i'm watching Mythbusters, supernatural, medium, tru calling..
    just watched an episode of tru calling last night very very very sad

used to watch all sorts of law and orders, csi, ncis etc..
    was good.. but there's a lot of em.. my fave is Criminal Intent... Detective Goren? or Goran?
    until i can't keep up with them and the piling assignments.. i decided to quit it..
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karasu
    i'm watching Mythbusters, supernatural, medium, tru calling..
    just watched an episode of tru calling last night very very very sad
    too sad they canceled true calling in the 2nd season...still I liked it too.

New Reply
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast