Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Thread: The Television Show Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Television Show Thread

I watched through the final season of Luther this weekend... my gosh, what a hellride.

The best TV-Drama always seems to come from the U.K. these days.
    Music of rebellion makes you wanna rage

But it's made by millionaires who're nearly twice your age

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno but I dont think thats really true. Breaking bad, Game of thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, House of Cards, Mad Men. The US still wins through the sheer numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

The Shadow Line, Marchlands, Hidden, Utopia, Luther, Sherlock, Black Mirror...
    Well, it can't really be compared due to the totally different network- and production-background in both countries and I like almost every US-show you named, but those British Mini-series keep on amazing me over the last couple of years.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea it is a hard comparison to make I guess. Im surprised you put in hidden, did you like it? I just thought it was decidedly average.

Anyway, have you watched Broadchurch and Top Boy? I think you might like them.

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Broadchurch is already on my to-do-list... i'm gonna check out Top Boy, thanks for the tip.

I saw the first two episodes of "Ripper Street" yesterday. The opening may suggest that it's just a ripoff from Guy Richies Sherlock Holmes Movies, but it's actually more dark and gritty.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what's better Mad Men or Breaking Bad?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a matter of personal preference imo, because you can't really compare them.
    Both are great drama-shows, but with very different setup and story.

I really like the overall-atmosphere in Mad Men with the great costumes and soundtrack... but storywise, I find Breaking Bad a bit more intriguing.

Needless to say that both shows have a great cast.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched the last episode of Dexter today, it is really a pity that after the fourth season, which was arguably the best of the series, the quality gradually decreased, finishing the series with the worst season so far but then again, four very good seasons are more than most other shows.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Dexters decline. My friends watch it and their anger has been a consistent source of amusement for me this season. Scroll down and read the AV club episode reviews Absolutely hilarious.

Oh and who can forget, the best scene in TV history.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The Black List is promising so far. A bit hectic, but I'm a big fan of James Spader. Recommended for now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone watch the pilot of hostages? How was it?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

For new tv series, I watched the pilot of "we are men" & the pilot of "sleepy hollows".
    For the first one, it is what I expected: some kind of "sex and the city" for men. An innaccurate but still funny parody of mens (women are evil bitches & men are kids who refuse to grow up). The actors are good enough to save the show (Monk, Jerry "Sliders" O Connell & Kal Penn is quite a prestigious casting for a new TV serie)

For the second one, this is about a good down-to-earth female cop & lunatic genius combo ... Sounds familiar ? Elementary, Mentalist ... The number of series with a lunatic & someone down-to-earth with him is really high. Here the originality comes from the supernatural aspects of the serie.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    I love Dexters decline. My friends watch it and their anger has been a consistent source of amusement for me this season. Scroll down and read the AV club episode reviews Absolutely hilarious.

Oh and who can forget, the best scene in TV history.

I'm one of the fans (well was). There is no point in season 8. Season 7 was the revival of the serie & Dexter should have ended there. Dexter was very inconsistent through the years.

I read what happened in the finale & I won't even watch the episode. When dexter started to do obvious mistakes & even completely incoherent choices, the serie was lost. Season 8 was full of those moments. When dexter choose to spare a serial killer who just killed his one & only mother figure, it just doesn't make any sense.

Sometimes, I think that the serie would have been better if it ended after season 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    The Black List is promising so far. A bit hectic, but I'm a big fan of James Spader. Recommended for now.
    I will watch it as well. Thanks.
    I like James Spader as well. He is the original daniel jackson & also that awesome lawyer who is friend with Captain Kirk . He got an interesting filmography as well.

NB: I just watched it. "A bit" hectic ... That's an understatement. It got potential to be entertaining. It feels a little like "Alias"... under speed/ecstasy/LSD. There is too much happening in 45 minutes. And it's not very realistic either. A top 10 criminal is basically doing whatever he wants (a 5 stars hotel room, really ? A rookie who nearly lose her husband and she have direct access to a criminal who is somehow involved, really ? So many things that are unbelievable. FBI looks like morons in this.). In reality, I expect someone like Spader's character to be tortured until he spit everything he had to say. Given the quality of the first episode, I don't expect a renewal for this. Without Spader, this show would have no chance but there is spader & because there is Spader, it's funny ... so, wait and see
    Last edited by zelllogan; September 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just the first episode. Pilot episodes can be great or awful and it still has no bearing on it's success really. I imagine we'll get more substance eventually...or not, and then it'll be cancelled.....or not. Never know with these networks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I continue with the new stuff. I just saw the highly anticipated pilot of marvel's agents of shield.
    I was sceptic. I thought this was going to be just a show for teenagers. It's far better than what I expected. There is rhythm, comedy, superpowers, gadgets ... and a really hot female cast (Chloe Bennet, Cobie Smulders, elizabeth hentstridge ... try to top that). Highly entertaining. The plot is far better than in the average superheroes series we had so far (arrow, smallville or others).
    Last edited by zelllogan; September 25, 2013 at 06:34 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I saw first episode of Veep, right now I am done with season 1. What an awesome show. Can't believe you Americans didn't recommend it to me.

Unfortunately it suffers from the same syndrome as every HBO show with a Seinfeld cast member: less than 10 episodes per season, 20 min each...
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

New Reply
Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast