Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Television Show Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The Television Show Thread

Well, I don't watch a LOT of T.V., but I used to be a big fan of comedies like Simpsons, Seinfield, Frasier and Friends. (But that was awhile ago.)

I also enjoyed Quantum Leap, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: DS9 and Kung Fu (starring David Carradine ).

Then college came around and I barely had time for TV anymore except football games - BUT I did start enjoying reality shows like Survivor ( I've watched every show ) and The Amazing Race ( I sort started liking it when a couple from Survivor competed on that show also. )

Lost is another show I like to watch occasionally, though I haven't seen every episode and I'm mainly just waiting to get a season box set. There is also another new show these days I enjoy whenever I get to watch it - it's called House, M.D. ( it's about an antisocial doctor who's a genius at solving difficult cases about diseases. )

Sometimes I'll watch Monk and C.S.I. and Law & Order with my dad, though I'm not particularly fond of any one of these three.

Anyway, what T.V. shows do you enjoy?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Television Show Thread!

My favorite television show of all time is Mystery Science Theater 3000. The basic premise is, a man and two robots are trapped in space and forced by their captor to watch the worst movies ever made. They deal with this torture by riffing on the terrible films, making jokes throughout its entire running length. It's kinda hard to describe, but I'd reccommend everyone watch at least one episode of what I feel to be the funniest television show ever made.

What I regularly watch that's currently running...

- Law & Order (regular and SVU)
    - The West Wing
    - Project Runway
    - Futurama
    - Family Guy
    - Basically all of Adult Swim's original programming
    - The Amazing Race

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    [img width=282 height=170]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/devomania/smallfingers.jpg[/img]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KaiserRyuujin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I myself dont watch alot of TV anymore. I just kind of wait for the shows to come out on DVD and just rent them check them out and hey who knows, just might purchase. But I did watch Quantum Leap, loved that too, back when it first was out, kicked butt, though I was pretty tired by time it came on but, now Netflix rules! Also watched Family Guy, cant beat it. Also Futurama, I wish was still going instead of Simpsons, Futurama is alot beter then the Simpsons, but hopefully in time it'll get picked back up much like Family Guy. The A-Team was great too, reminds me, gotta rent that too hee hee. Oh another great show I watched when they had it on a Local TV Station was Red Dwarf, great british sci-fi comedy and more. Another new show that I got into probably because I am a Sethite is Robot Chicken being Seth Greens project and rules because then Seth Macfarlane does voices too, and getting the Seths together is a golden combination! [br]Posted at: March 07, 2006, 11:45:30 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by devo
    My favorite television show of all time is Mystery Science Theater 3000. The basic premise is, a man and two robots are trapped in space and forced by their captor to watch the worst movies ever made. They deal with this torture by riffing on the terrible films, making jokes throughout its entire running length. It's kinda hard to describe, but I'd reccommend everyone watch at least one episode of what I feel to be the funniest television show ever made
    Aw! I forgot that one! Stupid me!! >_< Been aquiring the original Episodes and watched since Season 1 and now up to Season 4 part 2. The Experiment is called "The Rebel Set" I can only wonder what it will hold heh, infact I think I'll go watch it heh heh. I wish MST3K would be back, rip on the new movies ha ha, I already did my own parody going after Lord of the Rings and Freddy vs Jason(this one was freakin easy) and did it in their style. Because Im sorry every movie can be ripped on and just joke with, high budget or not, because its just fun and even the big budget films have really lame moments that make you wonder what the director or writers were smoking when they wrote it. Oh, I also plan a MST3K against Star Wars New Trilogy heh heh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Futurama is alot beter then the Simpsons, but hopefully in time it'll get picked back up much like Family Guy.
    So far there's no word of it getting picked back up, but there are direct-to-DVD movies in production as we speak. Check it out.

http://www.billywest.com/forum/forum...685&PN=1&TPN=4

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Not the most official source, I'll admit, but I'm 99.999 percent sure he's telling the truth.
    [img width=282 height=170]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/devomania/smallfingers.jpg[/img]

vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Futurama, Simpsons, Family Guy, Friends, That 70's Show, Lost and Prison Break are all necessary components for the world to go around.

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

CSI: (vegas) > CSI: NY > CSI: Miami ( though i watch them all )

Furthermore... Lost and The 4400 ( i know i know )

Friends... occasionally... but not anymore the last six months...

And for startrek... the one i really loved as a little kid was 'the next generation', the one i loved as a less little kid was 'voyager', the one that never entertained me even was 'deep space nine' ( sorry phil ) and i have not watched the rest ( apart from a few old series' ones... )

I never watched the simpsons ( or futurama ), but for a few fortunate times, and it hurts not to...

I watch and like sex Rome, and no, not for that reason.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KaiserRyuujin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devo
    So far there's no word of it getting picked back up, but there are direct-to-DVD movies in production as we speak. Check it out.

http://www.billywest.com/forum/forum...685&PN=1&TPN=4

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Not the most official source, I'll admit, but I'm 99.999 percent sure he's telling the truth.
    Hmmm well, that same thing happened with Family Guy. There was the straight to DVD movie and the new seasons and yippy yahoo. Who knows, maybe Futurama is enduring the same bit, they get a DVD movie, that'll sit, then maybe who knows new season and bam along with the DVD being released. But just with time to see.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khaludh
    And for startrek... the one i really loved as a little kid was 'the next generation', the one i loved as a less little kid was 'voyager', the one that never entertained me even was 'deep space nine' ( sorry phil ) and i have not watched the rest ( apart from a few old series' ones... )
    Actually no problem - I actually enjoyed Next Generation a lot more than DS9 myself... though I couldn't get into Voyager.

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, apart from the fact they didn't have a Picard, Wolff or Ricker ( or what's-his-name-again ) , i just loved the characters in Voyager...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was probably just the story itself - how the crew in Voyager was "lost in space" that kind of turned me off - gave me a sense of homesickness even. I was more used to Star Trek shows where the crew at the very least seemed to have an idea of where "home" was.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not watch tv series much and in turkey american series are not very popular (except simpsons and south park and smthng like that, world-wide famous ones)

but i like watching gilmore girls  ...does this show still continus?? anyone knows??

besides of G.G. i like scraps and malcomn in the middle also, and no need to mention about simpsons

the only time i could watch family guy was, when i was in usa...i liked that also but i can not watch it any more..may be i should get a cable tv

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Only get cable TV if you watch a lot of TV, Walkie.. otherwise you'd just be better off buying DVD sets, 'cause they're making DVDs for everything now.

I have cable TV, but that's just because of football. (Though next year ESPN won't have football games anymore so I may just do away with it when I go to graduate school.)

Scientist of Anthropology 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Predator's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I like Stargate quite a lot. I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned here already as I've met a few members watching it as well. Anax and Miso for example. Only two seasons of SG! were shown on television so I reverted to my net computer. Since then I like StarGate Atlantis even better than original SG1.

At times I watch CSI, but as I watch TV rarely, I've misssed most episodes. Agree with Khal. Las Vegas is better than Maiami. I like the actors of CSI Las Vegas more. Dunno about NY, haven't seen.

South Park rocked at the beginning, before it became the fart-humor classics. And Futurama is Simpsons. I don't care the setup is different, it's one and the same thing.

OK, I'm tired of remembering other good shows

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xallisto's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like Stargate

but gotta wait for season 3 and 10 now for atlantis and SG1 since both seasons ended recently
    And Progress is a debt we all must pay
    its convenience we all cherish its pollution we disdain.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

"Chappelle's Show"  rocks my life
    It makes me crack up on a regular basis
    [img width=185 height=170]http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3782/saddam7bf9jc.gif[/img]

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast