Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ichigo overrated?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Ichigo overrated?

^ Yeah, that's what I would've thought--but he emphasized that the Tenshou was "black". I would've expected him to say that it was stronger or something, especially since Ichigo had the mask on. That's what bothers me about it.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe because black is the Shinigami color?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gigantor21 View Post
    One thing I've never understood is why Byakuya thought the Tenshou being black is such a big deal. I'd understand if it was stronger than the Shikai version, but Byakuya and Grimmjow said that Tensa Zangetsu only increases Ichigo's speed. And Kubo never addressed the significance of the color again.

On the speed increase, that isn't very useful anymore, since it didn't help with an unreleased Grimmjow. A more hollistic Bankai would go a long way in making Ichigo a better fighter.
    the thing is with every shinigami (not only ichigo) the color of the reiatsu a shinigami does posses changes with the release of bankai.
    ikkaku: normaly he has a golden/yellow color reiatsu, in his bankai its purple/red with black
    ichigo: normaly he has a blue/white color reiatsu, in his bankai its black with red (while in hollow form) and white/blue with black in his normal bankai
    byakuga: normaly he has a pink/white color reiatsu, in his bankai its more dark like purple
    renji: normaly he has a red color reiatsu, in his bankai it turns darkred.

however since ichigo did achieve his vaizard form it seems his reiatsu color changed permanent to red with black.
    Byakuya and grimmjow wasnt surprised by his getsuga tenshou only about that ichigo (as shinigami) pulled down a mask on his face witch he did not know about, the 4th espada was also very surprised about this. this means that the arrancar and about all shinigami dont know about the vaizard, so its naturaly that they are very surprised by someone using a hollow mask.

Quote Quote:
    maybe because black is the Shinigami color?
    the normal shinigami clothes consist of black, it isnt the prime shinigami color.
    Last edited by Richo; May 29, 2007 at 10:26 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya's reiatsu turned white when he fought Ichigo in the end, though. But I kinda see what you're saying

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner omgShikagami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey if you ask me,(which I'm sure everyone has) I believe what people often base their ideas of characters on is the design of the character. What i mean is when you think about about it, the average shonen characters of look and act little wacky and strange (naruto's jumpsuit, luffy stetching, Jio's...everything).

But when it comes to Ichigo, he dresses somewhat cooler normally, when he's in shinigami form, he looks like a cool black samurai, in bankai form he looks like a samurai/neo from the matrix and it's amazing. And his layed back "cool" attitude and which differs from the "shonen" always smiling, go get em' attitude makes him seem a little cooler and different.
    I do like that about him, but when it comes to winning and over coming his battles, he's very unreliable now, well since the fight byakuya, he hasn't really overcome anything...So I'm siding with luffy in a fight, but ichigo still looks cooler.

I'm done.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefarted2 View Post
    I think ichigo is overrated because if u think about it, the author just basically "lets" ichigo win. Ichigo only has one attack. His bankai is even more stupid. He just has super speed and the same attack as his shikai. After all this time, he still didnt find out any new abilities his bankai has.

Also, why does ppl think that ichgo is stronger than characters like naruto and luffy?
    Naruto and luffy has the kyubi and gears 2, 3 while ichgo only has his hollow form, which is like sauske's cs-it will eventually consume him if he uses it for too long.

so why do people think ichgo is so strong?
    The flash.

Cant hit what you cant catch.

Still, cross-manga comparisons are useless. There's no common marker to judge by.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

so what #4 could catch up to Ichigo in Bankai form
    better put bankai speed wasn't much help for Ichigo even against #6
    and even with Bankai and mask Ichigo could not even scratch #4 ....
    so I don't see how time would help Ichigo...thing is Tite does let Ichigo win

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefarted2 View Post
    I think ichigo is overrated because if u think about it, the author just basically "lets" ichigo win. Ichigo only has one attack. His bankai is even more stupid. He just has super speed and the same attack as his shikai. After all this time, he still didnt find out any new abilities his bankai has.

Also, why does ppl think that ichgo is stronger than characters like naruto and luffy?
    Naruto and luffy has the kyubi and gears 2, 3 while ichgo only has his hollow form, which is like sauske's cs-it will eventually consume him if he uses it for too long.

so why do people think ichgo is so strong?
    You cant compare characters from different,unrelated stories. Their worlds are completely different.

Anyhow, I dont see how Ichigo can be overated. He loses quite a bit, and he hasnt mastered any of his techniques or upgrades. But hes just a likable character.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly don't like him. And for someone who everyone brags about progressing rapidly, he sure sucks and maintaining his Vaizard form.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    I certainly don't like him. And for someone who everyone brags about progressing rapidly, he sure sucks and maintaining his Vaizard form.
    that is true...
    wtf fast progress then his progress just disappears...wtf???

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, pretty much. It's like he can't progress in things that rule, but he's terrific at crappy things like having the lamest Bankai ever.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    That's what bothers me the most about it. He's not a likeable character, and now he doesn't have the skill or strength to justify his being in the series. The only route left is for Kubo to bail him out with some convenient twists and timely contrivances.

It's really hard to feel for him as a person, or have faith in him as the protagonist.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yanniv's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it has more to do with Kubo not wanting a character who could clean house. If Ichigo could walk in HM and kill all the Espada, then what good is it to watch? People want a challenge and some story rather than some hero that can walk on people.

Though I do agree Ichigo is a little too weak and should possibly have more of abilities.

Also one could argue Ichigo always has to fight against really strong people and never gets a break.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo pretty much cleaned house during SS arc. Now he's on the recieving end in HM. He needs to get the hell out of there without Inoue. But from the latest chapter, it's gonna be tough. I dont think he's over-rated per se, just inexperienced and hasteful.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was about to say. He just walked through SS before, and won every fight my just believing in himself. And Kubo has really screwed the story up now, because there's plenty of other guys who are stronger than Ichigo now that could just as easily be the protaganists now. I am of course referring to the Vaizard. If this whole manga was about them, I'd love Bleach again.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast