Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ichigo overrated?

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Ichigo overrated?

I think ichigo is overrated because if u think about it, the author just basically "lets" ichigo win. Ichigo only has one attack. His bankai is even more stupid. He just has super speed and the same attack as his shikai. After all this time, he still didnt find out any new abilities his bankai has.

Also, why does ppl think that ichgo is stronger than characters like naruto and luffy?
    Naruto and luffy has the kyubi and gears 2, 3 while ichgo only has his hollow form, which is like sauske's cs-it will eventually consume him if he uses it for too long.

so why do people think ichgo is so strong?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Silver_Archer's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Ichigo overrated?

Super speed and one cool projectile weapon. That is pretty much all you need. Realistically speaking, you don't really need much past the super speed, if you learn to use it effectively.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol simple. y do ppl think he can beat naruto and luffy. well because they cant tocuh him, remmber you can't harm a shinigami if your just a regular human. they prolly can't even see him. So they would have to be able to hit him and see him to beat him

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

"just" super speed?

you seem to forget that you cannot hit what you cannot catch...

His speed is such that not even Byakuya can keep up with it (as displayed when Ichigo had the tip of his blade against Byakuya's neck)

That's how you use the speed effectively, strike before your opponent can counter it.

Naruto and Luffy can do what they want, but if they can't catch up with Ichigo's speed, there's no way they can beat him.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefarted2
    I think ichigo is overrated because if u think about it, the author just basically "lets" ichigo win. Ichigo only has one attack.
    Heh.. If you just want to count Ichigo's victory, then I would disagree. Ichigo lost many times too. Most notable against Byakuya and against Grimmjow (even with his Vaizard form).

And how many times he was saved? Against Byakuya by Yoruichi and against Grimjow by Rukia.

And one attack is not overrated as well. Byakuya basically has one attack as well. His Shikai and Bankai attacks are fundamentally the same. Byakuya's second Bankai form, is just another standard sword fighting method, only stronger.

Yes, Byakuya has Kidou. But remember, Byakuya is an experienced captain who has lived far longer than Ichigo. Plus he is from a noble family and been trained with Shinigami arts since like forever. While for Ichigo, just for how long he actually been a Shinigami? Compared to Byakuya's experience, Ichigo's experience is just not enough.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes Ichigo strong is not just because his dad is a shinigami or because his reiatsu is strong. His will and determination is what makes Ichigo, like any other shonen character, strong. He doesnt just fight for himself, he fights for what he believes in, like his friends or his family. And I doubt that Ichigo will only depend on his Hollow-form or just his bankai. I believe that Ichigo and his friends won't be satisfy with their current level of power/skill. Reaching that stage will not come without a price to pay, and the price is hardwork and determination, something that Ichigo have a lot of.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nell's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It is true that he has only one attack for his shikai and bankai. His speed seems like not an important advantage since Grimmjaw (probably other Espadas, too) also matches his speed. But I do think that this lack of power supplies the space for Ichigo getting much more stronger. He still has a long way to be strong, in fact he has just started to use his powers, learnt to use bankai and his hollow, but he needs to improve both of them. He is not a match for Grimmjaw and upper villains in his current form but he will be in time.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with nell. Ichigo hasn't had his bankai for very long at all. He has bankai, but he hasn't come close to mastering it yet. He may discover new abilities or attacks once he trains with it more.

Just look at the Hollow Ichigo fights. Ichigo nearly loses twice because he hasn't gotten to the point where he's thinking creatively about how to use Zangetsu.

But I do get a little tired of hearing Ichigo talked up like he's the hottest thing to ever hit Soul Society. Ichigo loses all the time. He just learns quickly and has a lot of resolve.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know where he got his power from and know he's pretty much ignorant about his powers and what to do with them. He just bumbles about and that's how he's learnt pretty much. He hates to train so he's pretty lazy to about his power and doesn't care as long as he can win.

He really needs a life threatening loss where he is forced to focus more instead of just bumbling into and out of fights.

Grimmjaw better hand Ichigo's ass to him

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ami_neko
    I agree with nell. Ichigo hasn't had his bankai for very long at all. He has bankai, but he hasn't come close to mastering it yet. He may discover new abilities or attacks once he trains with it more.
    Well, like Byakuya said, it took years to master Bankai the normal way. But the method Ichigo used was just days. Well, although the end products maybe the same, but the experience gained from it is different. Just view it like this: there is a thick line between studying hard & score well for exam and just cheating to get a well score (in terms of the effort, I mean).

And in this case, I don't think Ichigo is overrated at all. Yes, he has the talent of becoming one of the most powerful character (as expected from a Shounen). But he is still learning how to use his powers. Even right now, I don't think he can fight the Espadas efficiently, judging from his performance against Dorudouni.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

There are three things that make Ichigo cool: his incredible rieatsu, old man Zangetsu and the fact he is a visored.

As bax said above, KT doesn't let Ichigo win...he's latest battle were either incomplete or lost...may be with the exception for the last one.

Ichigo's awesomeness is in is potential which even Aizen has recognized that.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Makiyura's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

dude Ichigo's potential is off the scales, even the characters in the series stated that is his most dangerous ability, over a short amount of time or a bit longer, there wont be much he cant do!

u might say that Naruto's potential is huge, but is it on level with Ichigo's, not really!

why do u think Aizen is so interested in him, just not for his potential, but his potential to be a weapon to harness to defeat any opponent! GG!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

ichigo isnt overrated he loses alot but the thing that makes him so cool that he learns so fast, he is an genius in adaptability he can learn anything in a very short amount of time (reminds me of Gundam X).
    Ichigo does learn at such fast rate due some help though as without that specefic help (urahara teaching him to achieve shikai, yoruichi learning him bankai and the vaizards learning him to control his hollow). the thing that bothers me alot that ichigo does learn something but never bothers to master it and thinks by achieving it he masterd it. this fact doesnt make him overrated.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If ichigo is fighting with his Bankai like his Hollow did he would be awesome.
    Shooting getsuga tenchu like crazy to distract the enemy and then attacking from behind. For his Hollow using getsuga tenchu was like an ordinary attack

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

he is ..
    I mean not even Ichigo in bankai could damage an unreleased Grimmjow
    let alone defeat him...
    wtf does his bankai do?
    how come Toshiro could damage Luppi ...beat him even... unreleased btw
    and Ichigo not even make Grimmjow release his zanpaktou with his strongest move...
    I think that Titie does some .....
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast