Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Chapter 37 - You've grown a little stronger

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Djmewmew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 37 - You've grown a little stronger

Spoiler: Author's Note show

“Onii-san, I'll definetly make you proud!”

‘Easier said than done’ Tabitha thought glumly from where she sat in the training hall. She’d been practicing all day, but ‘how am I supposed to get stronger if I haven’t any idea how too?!” she mused as kicked a wall.

…………

“OOOOOW!” ……well that didn’t help. She was frustrated, tired, thirsty, and now, her foot hurt too. Tabby idly wondered if this was what Rinvak felt like usually. Meh. She left herself fall onto her back and began to stare idly at the patterns created by sunlight coming through a window…………

----------------

*crashbangboomcracka’splode*

‘Huh? What was that……….musta dozed off……or something’ Tabby thought groggily as she sat up and looked around. “Oh, hey Rinvak. What are you doing here?” She said flatly.

“…………tripping over you” Rinvak said as she sat up from her face plant. “Ouch. Damn. I’m bleeding.” Rinvak said moodily as she wiped blood from a scrape on her forehead, “Could you have picked a better place to nap?” Tabby said nothing. “I mean hasn’t your brother ever told yo-“ At the mention of her brother Tabby tightened up, and looked as if she was going to cry. ‘Aw shit, now you’ve done it.’ Rinvak thought as she internally kicked herself for her stupidity, ‘Don’t bring it up you dumbass! Be nice damnit!’ “-u……Ah…..sorry ‘bout that.” Tabby still said nothing. ‘Damn. Now she hates me. It was so much easier when she was a spaz.’ Unsure of what to say, Rinvak let the awkward silence continue.

Tabby was the first to speak. “I’m……….supposed to get stronger, make nii-san proud, but I’m such an idiot, I’ve got no idea how to……….” Tabby said as she pulled her knees to her chest, as if to make herself as small as possible.
    ‘ACK. Now she’s depressed. That’s worse than hating me. What am I supposed to do? I’m no good at this touchy-feely crap!!!’ Rinvak frantically thought. “Well, a……I guess…… I could help you………or something…..” She managed to mumble out. At this Tabby lifted her head and gave a small, sad smile, a fraction of its former self.
    “Well, where do we start?” Tabby asked.
    “………..no idea.”
    “Some help you are.”
    “Hey, I’m new at this!” Rinvak growled back. Tabby visibly flinched at her raised voice. “Ah. Sorry…….” More awkward silence. “Er…….well is there anything you know you need help on?”
    “Well, I’ve noticed my Innocence isn’t reacting as well as it usually does today.”
    “Eh? Show me.” At Rinvak’s request, Tabby stood up and activated it. As it flared into life, Rinvak saw nothing wrong. If Tabby was losing control over it, there would be some sort of sign, some sign of weakness, but it looked the same as always. “Well maybe its because of your low synch rate.”
    “59 is a good number!” Tabby retorted.
    “Not really.”
    “Oh yeah? What’s yours?”
    “88.” Rinvak smirked
    “…………………………………….”
    “Not so good anymore is it?” That comment earned Rinvak a rather nasty glare she hadn’t thought Tabby capable of. “…….er……..yeah. Well, it’s a good thing that you’ve noticed it seems odd.”
    “eh?”
    “Well, you never noticed that before right?”
    “Yeah, so what?”
    “Well, noticing it means that your actually trying to improve for once.”
    “I guess-HEY! You make me sound like a slacker or something.”
    “And smiling your way out of training isn’t slacking?” Rinvak got another glare. Tabby was going to have to stop this. The glaring was her thing, smiling was Tabby’s. “Well, once again you’ve noticed it, so you’re not slacking anymore. It’s an important first step.”
    “….umkay…….?”
    “Now you need to work on improving your synch rate.”
    “And how would I go about doing that?”
    “Dunno.” Rinvak shrugged, “It’s different for everybody. The trick is to let yourself go and let the Innocence tell your mind what to do.”
    Tabby seemed slightly surprised at her answer, and Rinvak wondered what the hell she had thought you had to do. “Well, I’m off to the infirmary. My forehead is still bleeding.” Rinvak frowned as she stood up and headed for the door.
    “Ah…..wait!” Tabby called from behind her. “…..Thanks.”
    “No problem” Rinvak said with a slight smile.

‘Nii-san, I’m not giving up yet!’

Spoiler: End Note show
    Icon art by Tune. You rule! X3

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted rhapsody blue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapter 37 - You've grown a little stronger

Awwwwwwwwwww... so cute! It's nice to see Tabitha and Rinvak getting along.

I've been looking forward to your chapter for such a long time. This board was kinda getting dead because there wasn't an update on the story but school comes first!

I hope there isn't a big battle soon... though I shouldn't care since I won't be writing for a while.

Overall, good job! I can't wait to read the next chapter ::coughcoughmagiercoughcough::

credit to the amazing GrayFoxx for this amazing sig ^.~

suffer school withdrawal with rb

AthrunZala222

59? *cough* newb *cough* j/k

I waited so long to read this! I'm glad it was worth it ^^

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted rhapsody blue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to write this down but am I correct to guess that Tabitha's Innocence will be evolving?

credit to the amazing GrayFoxx for this amazing sig ^.~

suffer school withdrawal with rb

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not evovling, second opening >< Appearnace isn't changing, just its function[br]Posted on: March 05, 2007, 07:16:12 PM_________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by AthrunZala222
    59? *cough* newb *cough* j/k

I waited so long to read this! I'm glad it was worth it ^^

....................newbs pwn j00 XD j/k She cared more about being silly and playing pranks than training. She avoided it like teh plauge. So duh, she's a newb XD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

'zero to hero' ? i'm really loking forward to tabby's REAL action in battle!
    Q 1: there is a heavy blizzard on christmas eve and santa has to send the presents to the good kids. which reindeer will he choose for his sleigh? (1 mark)
    a. the reindeer with the blue nose
    b. the reindeer with the green nose
    c. the reindeer with the red nose

Q 2: name the reindeer (0 marks)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tune
    'zero to hero' ? i'm really loking forward to tabby's REAL action in battle!
    *pictures Tabby as one of those dancing ladies on those pots in Hercules.* Ack >_+

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schwindelmagier's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Uih, I feel sorry for Tabby. She was so depressed but now, everything kinda seems to be okay. Gambare, Tabby ^__^.
    And her Innocence is about to evolve? Nice idea.

New Reply