Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Dancouga Nova

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Dancouga Nova

Dancouga Nova is a mecha anime tv series which is a sequel to Dancouga produced in 1985.

The series takes place in the 22nd century, where small wars take place all over the globe. A team of four people; Aoi Hidaka, Kurara Tachibana, Sakuya Kamon, Johnny Burnette, are chosen to be the pilots of the mysterious large robot that "protects the weak" and stops these small-scale wars, the Dancouga Nova. Like its predeccesor, Dancouga Nova is a combining robot type of Super Robot, which have four separate units with each unit having its own pilot; the Nova Eagle, Nova Rhino, Nova Liger, and Nova Elephant, that form the Super Robot Dancouga Nova. The pilots are gathered by a secret organization that maintains the Dancouga Nova and dispatches its pilots on assigned missions from the organization's base of operations, the Dragon's Hive

Aoi Hidaka & Nova Eagle

Kurara Tachibana & Nova Liger

Sakuya Kamon & Nova Rhino

Johnny Burnette & Nova Elephant

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are currently 12 episodes that are scheduled and so far, only 2 episodes subbed on youtube. I don't like mecha much (>.> Gundam) but this anime is pretty interesting and did I mention both female char are strong. I especially like Kurara And their Novas remind me of Power Rangers, the good ole days.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity PaperYomiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dancouga Nova

Sounds like an interesting show, Azurel. Can you only see it on youtube? () And do you have to see the first one to understand what's going on?

I've actually never seen any of the Gundam series, but I do love Full Metal Panic and I enjoyed Vandred as well. (those are mecha too, right? I'm never entirely sure about these kind of things )

Anyway, I'll try and give this one a shot, thanks for the recommendation
    "Peace to the books of the world, an iron hammer to those who would abuse them..."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dancouga Nova

You mean the first sequel? Well, I don't think so since I didnt watch the first series either.. The art is pretty damn old, don't think I will like it. it's a sequel but definitely an entire new series on its own. So far I've only found it on youtube.. maybe if i know anywhere else I will post it here. And to be honest, I dun reali noe much abt mecha either since I'm not exactly a mecha fan

New Reply