Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Djudge Thread

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yoshitsune's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Djudge Thread

explain this "partner" of yours....
    is it just business?

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsune
    explain this "partner" of yours....
    is it just business?
    It's more of an apples and oranges thing... except the apple is a stressed out underpaid senior retail employee and the orange is a slightly hypomanic international relations student. We both have sweet tooths for manga obviously, but when it comes to translation we've only been doing this for a short while.

Back before I went to post regularly here at MH, I had been doing a few impromptu translations using my limited Japanese over at BF (I'm sure you can still find them there if you search hard enough). Since I was running into a couple of stupid errors here and there and couldn't divert more time away for self-study, I ended up contacting the only real fluent speaker I knew. So now, the scripts that go out under this online handle are much more accurate than they have been in the past and work out MUCH more smoother with a proofreader on call more often than not.

If she never ends up signing aboard here at MH independently, feel free to reach her at her public screen name (AIM: AkiDizzled) or on IRC's Rizon, IRChighway, and neovanglist servers (IRC: lpyon).

Then again, she knows my login information here at MH so she may even come and nudge you first!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, interesting. I didn't understand it before, but there's two minds behind all your translations, eh? Well, can't argue the effectiveness of that at all.

I've caught up to TRC, and have only recently heard about xxxHolic (from another translator I just recruited here) so I suppose I'll check that out. ANOTHER MANGA!!! Tell me, wise one(s), when will my manga-reading days finally end?

Oh, and a fun question: what's your opinions on the Espadas at the moment after events of 244?

Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yoshitsune's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

>dj
    I remember your old scripts, you kinda made me want to start translating manga. I used to see your Bleach translations for the chapters (never read them since I don't read the manga), but I was inspired to translate

I even IMed you once so akwardly, loser-kun~
    or, you were added into a convo with someone else from BF
    Do you still even go to BF?...hehe, I kinda vanished and reappeared at NF

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    Heh, interesting. I didn't understand it before, but there's two minds behind all your translations, eh? Well, can't argue the effectiveness of that at all.

I've caught up to TRC, and have only recently heard about xxxHolic (from another translator I just recruited here) so I suppose I'll check that out. ANOTHER MANGA!!! Tell me, wise one(s), when will my manga-reading days finally end?

Oh, and a fun question: what's your opinions on the Espadas at the moment after events of 244?
    *Heh, it won't end if you're talking to translators man! Another one to pick up on would be the work that Null, Mangazero, and Blackout are doing for Dragon Head. And if you have the time, definitely check out Hiroaki Samura's romantic comedies in Ohikkoshi (just released by Dark Horse). It's definitely a different cup of tea than his much more well-known Mugen no Jyuunin (Blade of the Immortal).

Hmm, the Espada as of late... Most of them are actually disappointments as villains in my opinion with the exception of Ulquiorra and Grimmjow. Then again, we haven't really seen them en masse so I guess I'd be hasty in calling them throwaway characters. Still, it's a downside when you have a saturated cast like you do here in Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsune
    >dj
    I remember your old scripts, you kinda made me want to start translating manga. I used to see your Bleach translations for the chapters (never read them since I don't read the manga), but I was inspired to translate

I even IMed you once so akwardly, loser-kun~
    or, you were added into a convo with someone else from BF
    Do you still even go to BF?...hehe, I kinda vanished and reappeared at NF
    Ah shucks, well I never really actively tried to go out and inspire anyone, but I'm glad you I was able to spark your muse to start up for you.

Heh, as for BF? I admit that I haven't been there for a while given the injury I just recovered from and the burnout that started even before that. I guess like you, I vanished and reappeared, only here at MH.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea that Hiroaki Samura was doing some other manga than BotI! I'll have to try it (though romantic comedies aren't exactly up my alley, but I'll look into it anyway.) I'll look for Dragon Head as well.

Miss seeing ya around here Djudge, but I'm gonna assume you've gotten busy.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3