Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
Thread Closed

Thread: Hollow-Quincy Hybrid???

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member delapaz13's Avatar
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollow-Quincy Hybrid???

I was just thinking if there is such as a thing as a shinigami and hollow hybrid (vizard and arrancar) could there be a hollow-quincy hybrid?*

*in order to break the limit in absorbing spirit particles or reishi as a human by tapping into hollow powers.
    "I am the bone of my sword.
    Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand blades.
    Unknown to death.
    Nor known to life.
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
    So as I pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."

http://www.friendster.com/throneofheroes

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hollow-Quincy Hybrid???

i've never thought abt that but now that u bring it up it is definately possible cause sado is human and has hollow powers, and ichigo is human and has hollow powers so the line of progression would be ishida and inoue with hollow powers. a bunch of hollow spirit fighters, they would neva b allowed in SS eva again. Lets say Ishida did get hollow powers. would all his attcks still be in quicy form or jus hollow form.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

that would be totally awesome...but highly unlikely

but can you imagine? ishida will hollow powers, and if he advanced in them quick enough, he'd gain like a cero-arrow...or like a arrow with a cero power ball in front of it...now that would be cool

cuz as of this moment, we haven't really seen ichigo use any hollow power unless you count the black getsuga tenshou.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

i realy doubt a quincy would gain hollow powers as quincy hate hollows even more then shinigami, and the fact stays that quincy only exist to destroy hollows so why should they ally with hollows?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincy absorb Spiritual energy and use that to form attacks. So in a sense a Quincy is using Hollow power to defeat them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Boombox2003's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

seems a bit unlikely really the reason quincys exist is to destroy hollows
    ichigo only accidentally obtained hollow powers in he quest to save rukia

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boombox2003 View Post
    seems a bit unlikely really the reason quincys exist is to destroy hollows
    ichigo only accidentally obtained hollow powers in he quest to save rukia
    accidentally? it was uruhara his intention and only option to give ichigo his powers back (changing him into a vaizard), the momeny a shinigami starts to unravel hollow powers he starts being a vaizard and ichigo real shinigami powers also awakend his hollow power at the same time....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

No thx

That would be to much of a Bount...sadly...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Vegetoacs's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing thats had me a little confused in recent times has been the Death of Quincies in itself.

If we are to assume that quincies are spirtually aware human beings, then what happens when they die? They would move on to soul society, and only receive a spirt form. However, we know this doesnt deprieve them of their powers, as ishida and co had to be turned into spirtual bodies via urahara's gate in order to enter soul society, which proved that ishida could still use his powers, and to greater effect given the higher concentration of spiritons. I think before we concentrate on hollow quincy hybrids, we should try and ascertain the nature of their spirtual forms.

As to ryuken's power, given that quincies rely on the power of their enviroment rather than that of their own soul, perhaps the more powerful quincies are simply more adept at effectivly utilising the spirt particles in their environment. Either that, or they do utilise the power of their own soul to some extent, which allows them to break the limit and absorb very large amounts of spirt particles which are processed very efficently into a denser form.

But I think the question really comes down to what happened to all the quincy after they died? Did not they go to soul society, given that they were human? Or, did the Shinigami literally destroy them all by killing their spirtual forms once they died?

Thread Closed