Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

Area no Kishi 24

Misunderstanding

en
+ posted by Dark-san as translation on Apr 12, 2009 13:59 | Go to Area no Kishi

-> RTS Page for Area no Kishi 24

*RESERVED ONLY FOR CHIBISUKE-SCANS*


// = panel change
------ = page change
A new dialogue = new panel
(s) = Small text

--------------------------

Kakeru and Matoba:

Pant ...

Pant ...

Pant ...

Pant ...

//

Chapter 24: Misunderstanding

Seven:

This is so disappointing! You guys are already that exhausted?

The sempais looked like they are good to go for another round!

//

Kakeru:

I can't believe it ... Even though they're already used to it ...

Seven:

Looked at you! I guess we will have to postpone tonight's training.

Kakeru:

I can't continue on ... But the first years have to tidy up afterward ...

--------------------------------------

Kakeru (getting cramps from standing up):

Ouch, it hurts!

Matoba:

Ouch Ouch

//

Mako:

Don't forced yourselves, first years! We will take care of the cleaning.

Kakeru:

But…

//

Mako:

In FC, we do not expect the first years to perform all the odd jobs.

You can take this time to rest.

//

Seven (following the guy with the flowerly pants):

I will help too!

Matoba:

Okay.

Kakeru:



//

Matoba:

It turns out to be an unexpectedly right thing that I failed the test.

Kakeru:

Kaoru ...

//

Matoba:

Frankly speaking when I failed the SC test, I've really no idea on what to do next.

The idea of doing my training with outside clubs has also across my mind ...

-------------------------------------------

Matoba:

It feels good to be here.

Kakeru:

Yeah...

//

//

Kakeru (placing his right hand to his chest):

You would also be thinking of the same thing, right Nii- san?

//

Kakeru (The panel bottom of the left page):

All we do now is to wait for Araki- sempai to return,

… then in that way, the team would be incredible.

Am I right, Nii- san?

-----------------------------------------------------

Kakeru (In the house having dinner):

I was tired because of that.

//

Kakeru:

But it was really fun out there!

Mother:

But as a precaution, you should exerted yourself too much.

Even though you have already recovered, you have to note that you're still on immunosuppressant medications.

//

Kakeru:

It shouldn't be a problem, Mom! You are just too overly- concerned.

The doctor advised that I should exercise more to build up my immunity system and prevent cold. That should have been good for the body!

Mom:

But…

//

Kakeru (looking at Suguru’s picture):

Furthermore, aren't we talking about Nii-san's heart here?

He wouldn't argue with me over this.

Mom:

Yeah, you are right.

//

Younger Sister:

That is if Kakeru nii-san does not do anything to make Suguru nii-san angry…

Kakeru:

Huh ... What do you mean by that, Mito?

//

Younger Sister:

Isn't it like the last time when you decided to peek into Suguru Nii- san's diary?

Mom:

What? Kakeru, you?

Kakeru:

Hmm ... It was because ...

It was then because of that, that I decided to enroll into Enoshima High.

-------------------------------------------

Younger Sister (talking to Kakeru):

Really?

Kakeru:

Nii- san's diary indicated that,

there is an awesome passer in Enoshima.

//

Younger Sister:

Is that person, Araki?

Kakeru:

What? It looks like you have already seen it, yourself.

But that’s right. it is indeed him. I have already met him but it seems like there is a little problem.

//

Younger Sister:

Yeah, I remember that Suguru nii-san wrote in his diary that Araki is a 'Naked Emperor'

(TL note: Naked Emperor as in the emperor from the fairy tale, 'The Emperor's new clothes'. It would mean that the person is proud and unwillingly to admit his/her mistakes.)

Kakeru:

Huh?

//

Kakeru (in Suguru’s room looking through the diary):



Younger Sister:

I'm right, ain't I?

//

Kakeru:

I didn't take note of the last page at the back ...



//

Suguru’s Diary:

I could still vividly remember the time when I met Araki at the Youth Soccer Representative squad ...

----------------------------------------------

Coach:

You're early, Suguru.

Suguru:

Good morning, Coach.

Today is the first time that I will be meeting my team mates.

//

Coach:

Another one came.

Suguru:

Huh?

//

- Araki juggling the ball with his feet

//

Suguru:



----------------------------------------------

- Shows Araki kicking the ball into the crossbar.


----------------------------------------------

- Araki practicing with the soccer ball

//

Suguru:

!

//

Coach:

Isn't that fellow interesting?

He is from Kanagawa Middle School and in the same grade as you are.

Suguru:

...

-------------------------------------------------

Coach:

Even though, he is not accepted by anyone is the team and unable to start in any matches,

His dexterity in ball control and passing

might even suppress yours... Hahaha

//

Coach:

Hey, Araki.

//

Araki:

!

//

Suguru:



------------------------------------------------

Araki:

!!

//

Coach:

Are you alright? Araki!

Suguru:



//

Araki:

Haha.

I am alright. I am not injured.

//

Suguru:

You are lying, aren't you?

//

Kakeru:

Heh… He is really an interesting person.

Younger Sister:

Looks more like an idiot to me!

-----------------------------------------------

Suguru:

I felt that Araki is a really skilled individual.

Though he isn't serious.

//

Suguru:

With his natural ability of imaginative and unique play,

//

Suguru:

He is able to grasp the opportunity and send in the passes at the most unexpected position with his keen sense of football.

It is an ability in which I myself do not have.

---------------------------------------------

Suguru:

His type is a perfect example for the definition for a dream player.

And his skills really astonish even me.

--------------------------------------------------

Suguru:

His pure passion for football attracts me.

With Kakeru and Araki ... I feel that we could one day play against stronger opposition in the world stage together.

//

Suguru:

It is because of his excessively independent actions that resulted in the fallout with the coach. He got cast out of the team practice.

I have always been concerned with Araki.

Kakeru:



//

Suguru:

What did you just say? You joined a hobby club?

(TL note: Prior to this chapter, due to many names given 'unofficial club' is universalized as 'hobby club' for the sake of consistency.)

Araki:

You’re right. It is a good chance.

//

Suguru:

Don’t be foolish! How could a person like you even able to adapt into their squad?

Araki:

I am not being foolish. Unlike you, I am not the type that likes to follow instructions.

//

Suguru:

With the current restrictions, the team would be having their hands tied behind their back. I can't play with my fullest potential like this.

That is why I ….

------------------------------------------------

Suguru:

You disappoint me, Araki.

Keeping yourself aloof from your club which can never go on and play a match

is just you being obstinate. You should be more..

//

Araki:

Stop your blabbering!

How the hell could a football genius like you even understand me?

//

Suguru:

It is true that I do not understand.

Araki:

What?

//

Suguru:

I don't want to understand a guy who choose to destroy himself because of his stubborn attitude.

And I don't want to understand.

//

Araki:



Araki:

Jerk!

-------------------------------------------------

Translation from the diary:

I am disappointed with Araki. Should I have known, I would prefer not to have met him.

//

Younger Sister:

I feel that this Araki is a really useless person. Is enrolling into Eroshima High a good idea?

Kakeru:



//

Younger Sister:

Kakeru nii-san.

Kakeru:

It is a misunderstanding.

Younger Sister:

Hah?

//

Kakeru:

Araki-sempai didn't choose Eroshima High just because joining a football club can let him play the football he most desires.

He must have gotten Coach Iwaki’s invitation.

However Nii- san feels that drawing on Araki’s stubbornness, they could have created a better football team.

//

Kakeru:

However, Nii- san did not know of this incident.

And he even go as far as to call Araki sempai stubborn.

Younger Sister:



------------------------------------------------------

Kakeru:

I am pretty sure that incident had shocked Araki- sempai.

Before this misunderstanding between the two gets resolved, Nii- san met up with an accident.

//

Araki:

That person looked down on me.

A person that is unmotivated, selfish and stubborn.

Kakeru:

How could he be?

//

Araki:

The main reason why I wouldn’t want to play football again is because of your older brother, Suguru.

//

Kakeru:

This cannot go on!

I have to convince him to pick up football again!

----------------------------------------------------------

Seven:

I see …

Kakeru:

Yups, that is why we should convinced him to rejoin FC. If he rejoins, we would have the chance to defeat SC.

Kouta:

That is impossible.

//

Seven:

Kouta!

Kakeru:

You say it is impossible? Oh by the way, how is your club entrance test coming to?

//

Kouta:

It is not easy but I managed to barely scrape across it.

Kakeru:

Is that so?

//

Kakeru:

Then in that case, I guess we could no longer play together since I have already join FC.

Kouta:

Are you sure that you are okay with it? You would never be able to appear in any tournaments for the next three years of your high school life.

//

Kakeru:

There should be a match before the tournament. If we win that match, we would be able to represent the school.

Kouta:

That itself is impossible.

--------------------------------------------------

Kouta:

I freaked out just looking at their tough training schedule. This is first time that I have encounter such a scary squad.

It isn't unusual for them not to win.

They're not a squad that can so easily compared to a club that only just managed the eleven people to form a team.

//

Kakeru and Seven:



//

Kouta:

It looks like I would likely spend the next three years of my high school life in the substitute bench.

Kakeru:

How can this be?

//

Kouta:

That can’t be wrong. Even the third years are all substitutes.

Kakeru:

What?

//

Kouta:

Those that are able to participate in matches are the first and second years that Coach Kondou brought in from unknown sources.

That is really too much…

--------------------------------------------------

Guy sleeping with face on the table:

If you are not satisfied, you can always win back the legitimate football position with your own strength!

Kouta, Seven and Kakeru:

!

//

Kouta:

Are you someone from our class?

Guy sleeping face down on the desk:

That is too much. In case you have not noticed, we are not just only from the same class but from the same club as well.

Let’s get along together, Nakatsuka- san.

//

Guy sleeping face down on the desk:

Are you Aizawa- san?

Kakeru:

Erm… yes?

//

Guy sleeping face down on the desk:

I heard you saying that you join the hobby club.

Kakeru and Seven:

!

--------------------------------------------------

Kakeru, Kouta and Seven:



--------------------------------------------------

Guy who sleeps on the desk facedown:

That means…

That you are my opponent.

//

Guy who sleeps on the desk facedown:

My name is Takase Michiro

Please take care of me.

//

Kakeru:



--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 25: The greatest weapon.

Have you shown your appreciation today? Click the thanks button or write your appreciation below!

Approved by Elkin

Comments
Add your comment:

Login or register to comment

Benefits of Registration:
    * Interact with hundreds of thousands of other Manga Fans and artists.
    * Upload your own Artwork, Scanlations, Raws and Translations.
    * Enter our unique contests in order to win prizes!
    * Gain reputation and become famous as a translator/scanlator/cleaner!
#1. by Elkin (Translator)
Posted on May 6, 2009
*tired* Here you go XD

=======

Seven:
How disappointing! You guys are already totally exhausted.
Don’t the seniors look like they are game for another match?
> You've got the nuances slightly off. 嘛 makes it a question, while 喔 is semi-rebuking when it's got a question mark after it :)
"You guys are completely worn out already?"
"The seniors look like they're up for another match, you know?"

Kakeru:
It is difficult to believe that they are used to this strenuous pace…
> "Unbelievable... Even if they're used to this strenuous pace..."

Seven:
Looking at your condition, I suppose we could use some rest before we start our night training in the park.
> She's saying that they'll be taking a break from the night training, rather than resting beforehand. The 先 here takes on the meaning of cancelling the night training NOW (in anticipation that they're not up to it) rather than cancelling it at the park, when they've really demonstrated that they're too tired. Hope that makes sense to you...

Kakeru:
No, I surrender. The first years have to stay behind to tidy up.
> "Can't take it anymore... I surrender... But then the first years have to stay behind to tidy up." He's probably referring to the fact that he's not playing the last match with the seniors.

Guy with Singlet 11:
It might turn out to be the right decision for me to fail the test.
> Did he intentionally fail the test? Doesn't seem like it to me :S

Guy with Singlet 11:
To tell you the truth, when I fail the SC test, it threw me into the mist of uncertainty.
> I really didn't know what to do with myself.

I have even taken into consideration of going to outside clubs to continue on my training…
> "I've also considered going to some outside club to continue my training..."
You continue something (no 'on'). A general tip would be that you want to avoid using too many words that end in '-tion', because it makes things too wordy (there are exceptions, of course).

The player wearing the singlet of 11:
It is a blessing for us to come here.
> "It's great that we can come here." (能)
"It's a blessing" isn't an expression commonly used by teenage boys. It's probably more suitable for say, middle-aged Western housewives XD


Kakeru (The panel bottom of the left page):
… then in this way, the team would be completed
> "Then this team will definitely become awesome..."

Am I not right, brother?
> Unlike Chinese and especially Japanese, we don't use 'negative' questions in English... so it'd be "Am I right?" rather than "Am I not right?". On the other hand, I'd translate something like 我没错,对吗? as "I'm right, aren't I?".


Kakeru (In the house having dinner):
It is because of this that I had totally exhausted myself.
> This is very... 'Asian' English. Would be better to say "This is why I'm half-dead from exhaustion."

Mother:
Don’t try to force yourself too much. Even though you have already recovered, you have to remember that you are still under medications.
> "Yes... But it's better not to force yourself. / Even though you're recovered, you have to remember that ou're still on immunosuppressant medications."

Kakeru (talking in the panel with the dishes):
The doctor had also mentioned that with increased exercise, the body should be able to strengthen the immunity system. This in turn will deter the flu virus and overall improved the body’s well being.
> "The doctor also said that increased exercise can strengthen the body and prevent me from catching colds, so this is rather good for the body!"

Kakeru:
What do you mean by that, Mito
> Missed out a 'Huh?' before this sentence.

Younger Sister:
It is like the last time when you secretly and without permission decided to peek inside Suguru nii-san’s diary.
> "Didn't you take a peek inside Suguru nii-san's diary? Stuff like that..." She's replying to his question about how he makes the brother angry.


Kakeru:
Well, it is also because of that I am able decided to enroll into Enoshima High.
> "Um... That's because... / But then it's because of this that made me decide to enroll into Enoshima High."
He doesn't actually state the reason.

Younger Sister (talking to Kakeru):
Is that so?
> "Really?" <-- sounds more like a younger sister

Kakeru:
In brother’s diary, it was written that there is an even better passer in Enoshima.
> Lol sounds kind of impersonal here. 'He wrote' would probably be better. Also, 很利害 doesn't mean 'better', but 'really amazing/awesome'.


Younger Sister:
Yeah, I remember that Suguru nii-san wrote in his diary that Araki is an impossibly opinionated person.
> 刚愎自用 means stubborn/obstinate, rather than opinionated.

Kakeru:
In the end, I have failed to notice the last page.
> Err 'in the end' holds a different meaning. "...There was one page at the back I didn't notice..."

Suguru’s Diary:
As far as I could vividly remembered the conditions when I met up with Araki in the Youth Representative Soccer squad…
> Noo not 'as far as'.
"I can still clearly remember the time when I first met Araki in the Youth Soccer Representative Squad..."

Suguru:
Good morning, Coach. I can’t wait to meet up with the team mates. This is the first time that we will meet.
> "I can't wait to meet up with the team mates for the first time."

Coach:
It seems that there is another person that came in early too.
> "Someone's coming."

Coach:
That fellow is interesting.
> 吧 is a slightly questioning tone.... "Interesting fellow, isn't he?"

Coach:
He possessed superior ball control and ball passing skills that could even rival you, Suguru. Haha.
> His dexterity in ball control and ball passing / Might even rival that of yours, Suguru. Hahaha."

Suguru:
You are lying without blinking your eyes.
> Umm doesn't flow very well. "Liar, you aren't blinking."

Kakeru:
Heh… He is really an interesting person in the past.
> 嗯 isn't a laugh, but a sort of 'Hmm' or 'Huh'.

Younger Sister:
He sounds more like an idiot to me.
> He's just an idiot.

Suguru:
However there would be times, when he could not get serious.
> "Though he isn't very serious."

Suguru:
In the dream team, he should be the one that plays this role.
> The term, 'dream player', would probably be referring to this type of person.

And his skills really astonish even me.
> "He really is astounding."

Suguru:
His heart warming passion for football attracts me.
> "His pure passion"

Together with me, Kakeru and Araki, I feel that we could one day in one team play against stronger opposition in the world cup stage.
> "Together with Kakeru and Araki... I feel that we'll one day face off against those footballing nations on the world stage."

Suguru:
It is because of his wishy-washy attitude that resulted in the fallout with the coach and hence driven out of the team.
I have always taken to heart of Araki’s incident.
> "Even if his excessively independent behaviour results in a fallout with the coach and drives him out of team practice, / I still feel very strongly about Araki---"

Suguru:
What did you just say? You took the opportunity to join another club?
> "You joined a non-official team?"

Suguru:
If I can't play how I like, the team would be having their hands tied behind their back. This way how can I played with my fullest potential?
> "You can't do this, can't do that. A team that's tied down will never let me play to my full potential."

Suguru:
Not appearing in matches is just your stubborn pathetic excuse, you should have…
> "Keeping yourself aloof from your club which can never go on and play a match / Is just you being obstinate. You should be more..."

How could you as a football genius even understand my plight?
> He's being rather rude here, so "What the hell can a genius like you understand?"

Suguru:
Why would I want to even understand the plight of someone who chose to walk down the path of destruction himself?
> "I don't understand the mind of a guy who destroys his own talent because of his stubborness."

> You missed out a line here. "And I don't want to understand."

Kakeru:
Araki sempai chooses to enroll into Eroshima High is because it is only there that he could freely play the football that he desires the most.
> Araki-sempai didn't choose Eroshima High just because joining a football club can let him play the football he most desires."

However brother feels that if he could utilize Araki’s flair, they could have created a better football team.
> Brother (Nii-san?) seriously believed that if he could draw on Araki's strong-headed personality, he could play brilliant footbal.

And he even go as far as to call Araki sempai as being stubborn.
> Put stubborn in '', because he's quoting from the earlier passage.

Kakeru:
I am pretty sure Araki sempai had taken aback on what brother had say.
Even before this misunderstanding is cleared, brother met up with an accident.
> "I think Araki-sempai must have taken a big blow." "Before they could clear up the misunderstanding, brother (nii-san) ended up in an accident...

Araki:
That person looked down on me. Suguru is someone who has no emotions, selfish and stubborn.
> "That guy must look down on me, / Someone who's so unmotivated, selfish and stubborn.

Seven:
So this is how the misunderstanding started…
> "I see..."

Kakeru:
Yups, that is why we should convinced him to rejoin FC. If he rejoins, we would have the chance to defeat SC.

For them to win is not really strange.
> "It's not unusual for them to win."

They are not a squad that quickly assembles any eleven players to form a team.
> "A club like yours that only just managed to get eleven people to form a team can't compare to them."
Lit: They're not a squad that can so easily compared to a club that only just managed the eleven people to form a team.
#2. by Elkin (Translator)
Posted on May 7, 2009
Mother:
But as a precaution, you should exerted yourself too much.
> shouldn't

His dexterity in ball control and passing
might even suppress yours... Hahaha
> surpass

However Nii- san feels that drawing on Araki’s stubbornness, they could have created a better football team.
> 'pride', not 'stubborness'

Kakeru:
However, Nii- san did not know of this incident.
And he even go as far as to call Araki sempai stubborn.
> call Araki proud
Lit: call Araki 'the naked emperor'

Wei wei :P Don't forget to make changes to the whole of the translation if you change a term, because I'm not picking them out for you next time...

About the author:

Alias: Dark-san
Message: Pm | Email

Author contributions

Translations: 56
Forum posts: 139

Quick Browse Manga

collapse

Latest Site Releases

Date Manga Ch Lang Uploader
Mar 1 MH Yearbook 2013 Mangahe...
Jan 19 MH Yearbook 2012 1 Mangahe...
Nov 14 Houkago 1 Osso
Nov 14 Oragamura 1 Osso
Nov 14 Kenka 1 Osso
Nov 14 101Kg 1 Osso
Nov 14 Murder 1 Osso
Nov 14 Doubles 1 Osso
Nov 14 Pinknut 1 Osso
Nov 14 Kimagure 1 Osso
collapse

Latest Translations

Date Manga Ch Lang Translator
Jul 25, 2014 Brothers... 2 en Sohma Riku
Jul 25, 2014 Ayakashi Hisen 11 it YukinaS...
Jul 25, 2014 Ayakashi Hisen 10 it YukinaS...
Jul 25, 2014 Ayakashi Hisen 9 it YukinaS...
Jul 25, 2014 Ayakashi Hisen 8 it YukinaS...
Jul 25, 2014 Ayakashi Hisen 7 it YukinaS...
Jul 25, 2014 81 Diver 43 en kewl0210
Jul 25, 2014 81 Diver 42 en kewl0210
Jul 25, 2014 81 Diver 41 en kewl0210
Jul 25, 2014 81 Diver 40 en kewl0210