Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

Übel Blatt 78

The Singing Voice

en
+ posted by linuxnewb as translation on Oct 8, 2009 21:24 | Go to Übel Blatt

-> RTS Page for Übel Blatt 78

Names are hit or miss for me: These are the names that came up and how I translated them, if you have a better one or know a definite source from the author, that would be awesome.

クヴェリア - Kveria

ゼフォーレア - Zefourea

イェブナレス - Yebnares

Translation:

p. 79

Koinzell: So we need to go through that village

Ato: Yeah...

Koinzell: There's a place I want to reach... but it's going to be dangerous

Koinzell: I don't want to deal with getting caught in any "Rebel" hunt // so let's tread lightly.

Ato: Ok.

p. 80

Melodious Voice.

p. 81

Soldier: Hey!

Soldier: Where did you guys come from? You are not from this village.

p. 82

Soldier: Show me your face.

Ato: Koinzell..
Koinzell: Well so much for treading lightly

p. 83

Soldier: Hmm...

Soldier: They don't look like they are from any clans around here

Soldier #2: They are just travelers.

Soldier: Alright, you guys can go!

Ato: ...?

p. 84

Koinzell: What is going on?

Ato: Koinzell, is this the place you were looking for?

p. 85

Koinzell: ...

Ato: What are these ruins?

Koinzell: They are not ruins.

Koinzell: Merely 20 years ago, there was a magnificent building and town here. // My friend and his family lived here...

p. 86

Koinzell: Only 20 years have passed since.. // and it has been reduced to this...

p. 87

Ato: A song?

Singing chick: Sings a song... [insert war song] (gist is that she is singing about old battles, warriors, etc.)

p. 89

Singing chick: Are you guys // travelers?

Koinzell: Yeah.

Singing chick: Can you guys sing any songs?

p. 90

Ato: ...?

Singing chick: I'm Kveria. // I'm collecting songs. Travelers, if you teach me any song from your home, it will make me happy.

Kveria: Thats great!

Kveria: A song from a remote region has a mysterious tone to it!

p. 91

Kveria: Now that I think about it // I still haven't asked what your names are?

Ato: I am Ato. He is...

Koinzell: I'm Koinzell.

Kveria: Will you also sing me something as well? Koinzell?

Koinzell: I'm no good at singing.

Kveria: Really... that is too bad, but..

Kveria: Thank you, It was fun! // I learned a great song.

p. 92

Kveria: Lately // I haven't heard a song like that where someone wasn't trying to show off

Koinzell: ...!?

Kveria: You guys // should leave Jebr quickly

Ato: ?

Kveria: Because soon... this place will turn into a battlefield...

p. 93

Kveria: Do you guys know about the death of Glenn?

Koinzell: Yeah.

Kveria: In this area, there are a number of military factions that quarrel with each other. All they know to do is to fight.

Kveria: As long as Glenn was the lord of Jebr, he was able to keep them from fighting, but...

Kveria: With Glenn gone, a skirmish will likely occur soon... and then...

p. 94

Kveria: Before long a big battle will take place. If you don't hurry, you will get caught up in it.

Ato: ...

Koinzell: Thanks for the warning.

Koinzell: While you are at it, there is one thing I would like to ask you...

Kveria: What is it?

Koinzell: This place... The people who lived here...

p. 95

Koinzell: The people of the house of Yebnares... What became of them?

Kveria: That name... It has been a long time since I met a person who would dare utter that name...

p. 96

Kveria: As for the Yebnares...

p. 97

Soldier: Princess!!

Soldier: Princess what are you doing at a place like this...

Soldier: Let's return home before the sun sets. Everyone is worried.

Kveria: Sorry.

p. 98

Soldier: Who are these people?

Kveria: They are travelers. I had them teach me a song.

Soldier: ...

Soldier: Let's return home. Your brother is also worried.

Kveria: Ok.

Ato: You are...

p. 99

Kveria: I am Kveria Zefourea. I am the daughter of the house of Zefourea, one of the military factions that I told you about.

Kveria: Our conversation just a moment ago...

Kveria: If you want to know more, come visit me at the house of Zefourea.

p. 101

Soldier #1: The bridge fell apart!? What on earth did this?

Soldier #1: It can't be that he... did this in order to halt our pursuit?

Soldier #1: So the traitor has entered into Jebr?

Soldier #2: Go inform Lord Leberont!!

p. 102

Leberont: I see... The traitor has entered Jebr...

Have you shown your appreciation today? Click the thanks button or write your appreciation below!

2 members and 2 guests have thanked linuxnewb for this release

malkalvi, Suzu-chan

Approved by njt

Comments
Add your comment:

Login or register to comment

Benefits of Registration:
    * Interact with hundreds of thousands of other Manga Fans and artists.
    * Upload your own Artwork, Scanlations, Raws and Translations.
    * Enter our unique contests in order to win prizes!
    * Gain reputation and become famous as a translator/scanlator/cleaner!
#1. by njt (Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄))
Posted on Oct 22, 2009
p. 79

Koinzell: So we need to go through that village?

Ato: Yeah...

Koinzell: There's a place I want to reach... but it's going to be dangerous.

Koinzell: I don't want to deal with getting caught in any "Rebel" hunt // so let's tread lightly.

Ato: Ok.

p. 80

Melodious Voice.

p. 81

Soldier: Hey!

Soldier: Where did you guys come from? You are not from this village.

p. 82

Soldier: Show me your face.

Ato: Koinzell..
Koinzell: Well so much for treading lightly

p. 83

Soldier: Hmm...

Soldier: They don't look like they are from any clans around here

Quote:
Soldier #2: They are just travelers.
when you use "They are" it'll make it seem like it's being semi-polite. it'd be better to say "They're just travelers"

Soldier: Alright, you guys can go!

Ato: ...?

p. 84

Quote:
Koinzell: What is going on?
Other variations could be "What's the meaning of this?" "That was unexpected" etc etc

Ato: Koinzell, is this the place you were looking for?

p. 85

Koinzell: ...

Quote:
Ato: What are these ruins?
Are these ancient ruins of something?
(何か= something) - Also the reason I added ancient is, I didn't think the stress of the sentence was given away clearly enough. Like in the next line he says "they are not ruins, but ... they are :p - what he's meaning is they aren't ancient ones - so we convey that by adding ancient there and changing the next line.

Quote:
Koinzell: They are not ruins.
They're not ancient.

Quote:
Koinzell: Merely 20 years ago, there was a magnificent building and town here. // My friend and his family lived here...
Just 20 years ago... there was a magnificent palace and village here. // Along with my friend / and his family...
p. 86

Quote:
Koinzell: Only 20 years have passed since.. // and it has been reduced to this...
In just 20 years, // it was reduced to this.


p. 87

Quote:
Ato: A song?
Someone singing?

Quote:
Singing chick: Sings a song... [insert war song] (gist is that she is singing about old battles, warriors, etc.)
Need help here? Or are you going to bother? :p

p. 89

Singing chick: Are you guys // travelers?

Koinzell: Yeah.

Quote:
Singing chick: Can you guys sing any songs?
You could take out guys here.

p. 90

Ato: ...?

Quote:
Singing chick: I'm Kveria. // I'm collecting songs. Travelers, if you teach me any song from your home, it will make me happy.
I'm Kveria. // I collect songs. // I'd be delighted if you could teach me a song from your village.

Quote:
Kveria: Thats great!

Kveria: A song from a remote region has a mysterious tone to it!

How beautiful! // Songs from remote regions sounds so mysterious.
p. 91

Quote:
Kveria: Now that I think about it // I still haven't asked what your names are?
Which reminds me // I've yet to ask your names.

Ato: I am Ato. He is...

Koinzell: I'm Koinzell.

Quote:
Kveria: Will you also sing me something as well? Koinzell?
Will you sing me something too, Koinzell?

Quote:
Koinzell: I'm no good at singing.
I'm terrible at singing.

Quote:
Kveria: Really... that is too bad, but..


Kveria: Thank you, It was fun! // I learned a great song.

Oh... that's too bad. Well... // Thanks anyway! I had fun! // You taught me a beatiful song and everything!

p. 92

Quote:
Kveria: Lately // I haven't heard a song like that where someone wasn't trying to show off

Koinzell: ...!?

Kveria: You guys // should leave Jebr quickly

ものものしい = tense (also followed by the 歌なんか聴いてくれないから・・・ = "no one has time to listen to me sing." to support it.
Lately // things have been so tense that no one has time to listen to me sing. // You better hurry and leave Jebr.

Ato: ?

Quote:
Kveria: Because soon... this place will turn into a battlefield...
Soon enough // this area will be used for war.

p. 93

Quote:
Kveria: Do you guys know about the death of Glenn?
Did you hear that Glenn was killed?
(殺された= killed(by someone), a bit stronger than just saying he died

Koinzell: Yeah.

Quote:
Kveria: In this area, there are a number of military factions that quarrel with each other. All they know to do is to fight.

Kveria: As long as Glenn was the lord of Jebr, he was able to keep them from fighting, but...

Kveria: With Glenn gone, a skirmish will likely occur soon... and then...

There's a number of military factions that attack each other // around here. // All they did was fight. // After Glenn became the lord of Jebr / he was able to keep them from fighting, but... // Now that he's dead... // They've already started skirmishing... and...

p. 94

Kveria: Before long a big battle will take place. If you don't hurry, you will get caught up in it.

Ato: ...

Quote:
Koinzell: Thanks for the warning.
Thanks for the extremly needed warning.

Quote:
Koinzell: While you are at it, there is one thing I would like to ask you...
If it's alright, // I'd like to ask you one more thing.

Kveria: What is it?

Koinzell: This place... The people who lived here...

p. 95

Koinzell: The people of the house of Yebnares... What became of them?

Kveria: That name... It has been a long time since I met a person who would dare utter that name...

p. 96

Quote:
Kveria: As for the Yebnares...
Here you could probably go with "Well you see..." since her saying their name again is pretty un-natural.

p. 97

Soldier: Princess!!

Quote:
Soldier: Princess what are you doing at a place like this...
This こんな所に・・・ is more saying "Here you are" "we've finally found you" type thing^^

Quote:
Soldier: Let's return home before the sun sets. Everyone is worried.
This is a more strict sounding request. "If we don't get you back by sundown / everyone will worry"

Kveria: Sorry.

p. 98

Soldier: Who are these people?

Quote:
Kveria: They are travelers. I had them teach me a song.
They are travelers. They taught me a song.
Soldier: ...

Soldier: Let's return home. Your brother is also worried.

Kveria: Ok.

Ato: You are...

p. 99

Quote:
Kveria: I am Kveria Zefourea. I am the daughter of the house of Zefourea, one of the military factions that I told you about.

Kveria: Our conversation just a moment ago...

Kveria: If you want to know more, come visit me at the house of Zefourea.

I am Kveria Zefourea. I am the daughter of the house of Zefourea, one of the military fractions constantly at war. // If you want to know more // about what we were just talking about // come to the house of Zefourea and ask for me.

p. 101

Quote:
Soldier #1: The bridge fell apart!? What on earth did this?
The bridge was destroyed? What is the meaning of this!?

Quote:
Soldier #1: It can't be that he... did this in order to halt our pursuit?
Could this be... // an attempt by the "rebels" to slow our attack...?
(we used rebels for the beginning of the chapter, so it's best to continue it. Unless they really are "traitors" then change any use of rebels to that ^^; - I haven't read the story so don't know :p

Quote:
Soldier #1: So the traitor has entered into Jebr?

Soldier #2: Go inform Lord Leberont!!

Which means the rebels are in Jebr... // We must inform Lord Leberont.



p. 102

Quote:
Leberont: I see... The traitor has entered Jebr...
I see... // the rebels are in Jebr...


About the author:

Alias: linuxnewb
Message: Pm | Email

Author contributions

Translations: 6
Forum posts: 4

Quick Browse Manga

collapse

Latest Site Releases

Date Manga Ch Lang Uploader
Mar 1 MH Yearbook 2013 Mangahe...
Jan 19 MH Yearbook 2012 1 Mangahe...
Nov 14 Houkago 1 Osso
Nov 14 Oragamura 1 Osso
Nov 14 Kenka 1 Osso
Nov 14 101Kg 1 Osso
Nov 14 Murder 1 Osso
Nov 14 Doubles 1 Osso
Nov 14 Pinknut 1 Osso
Nov 14 Kimagure 1 Osso
collapse

Latest Translations

Date Manga Ch Lang Translator
Jul 29, 2014 81 Diver 50 en kewl0210
Jul 29, 2014 Gintama 503 en kewl0210
Jul 27, 2014 Galaxy Express 999 10 en Hunk
Jul 27, 2014 History's... 575 en aegon-r...
Jul 27, 2014 Ring 1 en kewl0210
Jul 27, 2014 81 Diver 49 en kewl0210
Jul 27, 2014 81 Diver 48 en kewl0210
Jul 27, 2014 81 Diver 47 en kewl0210
Jul 26, 2014 81 Diver 46 en kewl0210
Jul 26, 2014 Tokyo Ghoul 83 en Sohma Riku