The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.
Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 2
You may also find that the administrator has enabled smilies, which allow you to use small icons to convey emotion, and the [img] code, which allows you to add pictures to your message.
For more information about BB code, click here.
Picking a Desired Avatar
In order to do that, you can either go to various websites to search for them, or make one of your own. After you have chosen your desired avatar, you should "save as" it into your computer. For GIF, make sure you "save as" it as .gif file, not .jpeg. The maximum dimension for this forum is 150x300 pixels and the maximum file size is 100 KB. Anything bigger than that will give you an upload error.
After you are done with picking and choosing, you can now move on to uploading and setting it up in your Personal Details or hover over your username on the top right corner and select Avatar on the dropdown menu.
To access the search feature, click on the "search" link at the top of most pages.
You can search any forum that you have permission to search - you will not be allowed to search through private forums unless the administrator has given you the necessary security rights to do so.
There are two editor modes available: BB Code Editor and Rich Text Editor. When using the BB Code Editor, there are no vBcode buttons to assist your editing. You must enter any BBcode markup manually in this editor.
When using Rich Text Editor, highlight the text you wish to modify and press the appropriate button. This will place the proper BBcode tags around the selected text. Pressing a button while not having any selected text, will simply enable the BBcodes for any subsequent text you type.
To use the clickable smilies, simply click the smiley that you want to insert into your message and it will be placed where you have chosen for it. The smilies display in tabbed categories, so clicking on those will show more smilies from that group.
Cookies are used to enable functions such as showing whether or not a thread or forum you are viewing has gotten new posts since your last visit. They also automatically log you back in when you return to the site after being away for a while or to track your current session which ensures that you remain logged-in while browsing - to enable this function, select 'Stay logged in' when logging into your account. If you choose not to store this information in a cookie, the session data will be sent through each link you click.
If you are using a shared computer, such as in a library, school or internet cafe, or if you have reason to not trust any other users that might use this computer, we do not recommend that you enable this.
Choosing not to use a cookie may cause problems if your computer's connection to the Internet uses a proxy-server and you share links with other users behind the same proxy. If in doubt, we recommend that you choose to enable the cookie. After you have registered, you may alter your cookie options at any time by changing your settings.
Edit your profile information in the Personal Details section of your Account. You can manage your email address, as well as various personal messengers, under Contact Details.
- You can translate manga every week from Japanese to English and post your translations to our database. Use the Translators' Guide to find out how!
- You can translate manga every week from English to other languages and post them to our database. Again, use the Translators' Guide for all information!
- You can submit pieces of art (manga or non-manga art) and writing (poems, short stories, etc) to us. And post them in the Art and Stories forums.
- You can enter and/or vote in our Art Contests.
- You can post all kinds of posts (no spamming / bashing, please) to encourage good discussions in various sections that we have.
- You can help promote MangaHelpers to all your friends or on different forums/ social media.
- And so on..
- From the bottom of any page on the forum:
- Find the Style Chooser on the bottom left side. If you are using the default theme, the button will say "Milk."
- Select the style you want to use.
- Wait for the page to refresh with your chosen theme.
- From your Account page:
- Click on Preferences in the sidebar.
- Open the Style dropdown menu at the top of the page and select style you want to use.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the 'Save Changes' button.
Sometimes in a post, you might want to post a few images along as illustrations. Sometimes, you need those images to post spoilers pictures and so on. Exactly how do we post an image?
- Upload your image to one of the file hosting sites. (For more detailed information look at the signature section of this FAQ).
- For large files, Imageshack/Photobucket will automatically create thumbnails for you and you can just copy/paste the link.
- If you don't want to use thumbnails, copy the whole "Direct Link" url and put that between the image tags:[IMG]http://direct link url[/IMG]
.jpeg - This format is most widely used in avatars and signature. It is used in still image, meaning no animation or flash. Just a still image. So, if you are uploading a still image, make it into .jpeg form.
.gif - This format is used for animated images. Moving objects in an avatar, animation in signatures, they should be saved in .gif format to make sure they 'move'.
.png - Transperancy comes with .png. For example, if you have a transparent sig like this:
There are a few image uploaders that you can try on:
Though there are many to choose from this one will be a simple guide on photobucket.
- Open your "Edit Signature" option (under Preference or hover over your username on the top right corner and select "Signature"
- Go to photobucket and upload your image
- Find your image (under library if you have an account there)
- Copy the direct url or right click and copy the image url
- Paste it in the editor box in your Signature tab, by choosing the image icon just above your edit box.
- Preview and change alignement to suit you.
Alternatively, if your image is saved on your PC, choose the "Click to Upload" link under the "Save Changes" button.
Avatars are the pictures above your user name when you make posts. You can change your avatar by going to My Account -> Personal Details and clicking on the picture space next to 'Avatar:', by hovering over your user name in the top right corner and selecting 'Avatar' from the dropdown menu, or by following this link.
Upload a picture from your computer to use as avatar by clicking on the 'Browse...' button, then select the picture you want to upload and click on 'Open.' Click the 'Save Changes' button to complete the process. Be sure to stay within the dimension and file size limitations specified.
When set, your signature will show up below every post you make. You can set a signature by clicking on My Account -> Signature, by hovering over your user name in the top right corner and selecting 'Signature' from the dropdown menu, or by following this link. Here, you can either enter text into the text field or upload pictures by clicking on the 'Click to upload' button. Click 'Save Changes' to save your signature.
Furthermore, you can decide whether or not to view signatures when browsing the site. Click on My Account -> Preferences, or hover over your user name in the top right corner and click on Preferences, or follow this link, then check or uncheck the checkbox 'Show people's signatures with their messages.' Click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom of the page once you have set your preference.
For further information on avatars and signatures, please refer to the Avatar, Signature and Images FAQ.
If you check your News Feed, you can see all actions people on your Follow list have taken recently, such as posts they have made, posts they have liked and when they have changed avatars.
Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your Ignore list, messages posted by those members will be hidden when you read a thread. You can add members to your Ignore list via My Account -> People You Ignore, by hovering over your user name in the top right corner and clicking on People You Ignore in the dropdown menu, or by following this link.
If you have used email or internet chat systems, you will probably be familiar with the concept of smilies already. Certain combinations of text characters are converted into smilies. For example, :) is converted into a smiling face. To understand smilie codes, tilt your head to the left and look at the text: you will see that :) represents two eyes and a smiling mouth.
For a list of the smilies currently used by this forum, click here.
On occasions, you may want to prevent the text in your message being converted into smilies. You can wrap the tag around the message to disable them.
Manga # - H
- Black Clover
- Boku no Hero Academia
- D. Gray Man
- Fairy Tail
- Fire Brigade of Flame
- Hunter x Hunter
Manga S - Z
- Reply to threads and edit your posts.
- Create new threads.
- Have private conversations with other members.
- Receive email notifications for replies to threads, posts and/or private conversations.
- Follow your friends and stay up-to-date with their latest activities through the News Feed.
|User Rank||Number of Posts|
|初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner||0|
|下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member||50|
|中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member||100|
|上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member||250|
|英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member||500|
|有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity||2,500|
|MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted||5,000|
|九千以上だ！ / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!||9,001|
|伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member||10,000|
|神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike||25,000|
|最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form||50,000|
A new pane opens. Enter either your username or email address in the text field and verify that you are human by completing the capture task. Then click on the 'Reset Password' button. An email will instantly be sent to that address or the email account associated with that username. In this email you will find further instructions.
You can also go directly to https://mangahelpers.com/forum/lost-password/ to request a new password to be sent to your registered email address.
Page 1 of 2