Character - PoT Character Tier List (please give input and help as the list is far from completion) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character PoT Character Tier List (please give input and help as the list is far from completion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antares

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Okay, first thing first, i'm no expert about Prince of Tennis, simply because i couldn't remember all the character names, skills and matches, so inputs are very welcome, and i really hope we can create the list together.

I'm going to put a few names and a quick description first, starting from the strongest ones along with their strongest skills. Please, aside from giving a character a tier category (A,B,C,D,S), also give a quick description about the character's strongest skills. This, while requires more effort, is helping other people on the forum to recognize the character.

I don't put Nanjirou on the list as he didn't really participate in official matches between school kids.

Rank of God (SSS)

I put two people on the list because even though Ryoma seems overwhelming Yukimura at the end of the first PoT series, Yukimura eventually could fight back (he at last could see Ryoma's suped-up ball movement and even once returned Ryoma's Samurai Drive).

And Yukimura, as the last boss, with his "Child of God" yips skill could dominate anyone else, even Tezuka, Sanada and Atobe. If you think this is wrong, please give reasonable argument.

Echizen Ryoma

His strongest skills are cool drive (no-bounce drive), Muga no Kiyouchi (ability to instinctively copy other player's skills, although there are skills of a certain level that couldn't be copied yet such as Tezuka Phantom or Rai Attack), Hyakuren Jitoku No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Hardwork: an aura which gives ability to return opponent's techniques with multiple power and speed. Ryoma can also move this aura to his legs as necessary), and Ten'imuhou No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Perfection: The ability to play tennis purely to play, and at the same time allows the body to unleash its full potential of incomprehensible power, immeasurable speed, create-your-own technique, and mental integrity that can even overcome any kind of fear, while still enjoying the tennis itself).

Yukimura Seiichi

His strongest skills are perfect tennis (always truly efficient and effective in playing and knowing seemingly every opponent's technique's weakness, that no matter whose techniques will be presented before him, Yukimura will always return it perfectly at the opponent with relative ease in his composure, pragmatism, and matter-of-fact demeanor), and the "Child of God" (ability, by his action and presence, to overwhelm the opponent mentally at such level that the opponent loses one's five senses). At the Shin Prince of Tennis U-17, it wasn't explained whether Sanada attacked him with another series of "Black Aura"s or not. It just showed that Yukimura won dominatingly.

Rank of Emperor (SS)

I put two people on the list: Sanada and Tezuka. This is still open for input, because i'm not sure whether Fuji and Atobe reach this level already or not.

Genichirou Sanada

His strongest skills are "Earth" (i don't remember the effect. Anyone?) , "Forest" (dims any kind of ball rotation and annihilate the opponent's ball "effect") , "Fire" (destructive offense and smash that is so powerful it can't be stopped without making holes in the racket or breaking the opponent's arm), "Wind" (ball-hitting skill that is so fast it's invisible to the naked eye), "Lightning" (movements so fast it seems like a teleport and ball course so free and powerful Renji describe it at "speed of light", faster than Wind, and stronger than Fire), Shadow (multiple behavioral pattern which cause the opponent to confuse and unable to predict Sanada's movement), "Black Aura" (Pinnacle of Destruction as Fayte said. Unknown yet seemingly more powerful than any other techniques of Sanada's, it got pass Yukimura once in U-17 with such immeasurable speed and power, although Yukimura still beaten Sanada in the end).

Kunimitsu Tezuka

His strongest skills are perfect tennis (always truly efficient and effective in playing and knowing seemingly every opponent's technique's weakness. But it seems to me that Tezuka's perfect tennis are a tad bit weaker than that of Yukimura's), Tezuka Zone (Tezuka spins the ball in such a way that the returned ball will always come back to his direction), Tezuka Phantom (Tezuka spins the ball in such a way that the returned ball will always go outside the court), Hyakuren Jitoku No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Hardwork: an aura which gives ability to return opponent's techniques with multiple power and speed), Saiki Kanpatsu No Kiwami (Pinnacle of Wisdom: an aura which gives the ability to predict the opponent's movement and the match's continuation).

Rank of King (S)

Atobe Keigo
Echizen Ryoma - 6-7 (119-117)
Tezuka Kunimitsu - 7-6 (37-35)
Sanada - L, 0-4 (retire)

Fuji Shususke
Nioh Masaharu - 7-5
Shiraishi Kuronosuke - 6-7 (8-6 i think)
Kirihara Akaya - 7-5
Jiroh Akutagawa - 6-1
Echizen Ryoma - 4-3 Tie
Hajime Mizuke - 7-5
Tezuka Kunimitsu - 6-0 (kids)

Chitose Senri
Tezuka Kunimitsu (Inui) - 1-6
Tachibana Kippei - 7-5

Kuronosuke Shiraishi
Fuji Shusuke - 7-6 (8-6)

Tooyama Kintaroh (he did go toe to toe with echizen for 40 minutes and he's unanimously considered the strongest in SHitenhouji)
Echizen Ryoma - 1-1 (tie)
Ibu Shinji - 1-0 (retire)

Rank of Knight (A)

Renji Yanagi
Inui Sadaharu - 6-7 (31-29)
Genichiroh Sanada - 4-6
Inui Sadaharu - 5-4 (when they were kids)

Kirihara Akaya
Lilaiden Krauser - 7-5
Fuji Shusuke - 5-7
Echizen Ryoma - 4-6

Tachibana Kippei
Chitose Senri - 5-7
Saeki- 6-2
Kirihara Akaya - 2-6

Eishiro Kite
Tezuka Kunimitsu 4-6

Nioh Masaharu
Fuji Shusuke 5-7
Hiroshi Yagyu 6-8

Hiroshi Yagyuu
Nioh Masarahu - 8-6
(no other singles matches but we know he's a very capable singles player)

-----

I will update the list continually, and i will wait everyone's suggestion and argument for the list (Maybe below "Emperor" is "King", "Genius", and so on. Please add this list with more PoT characters and give quick comprehension of the character's strongest skills. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sherlock Holmes

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hmm, one suggestion first of all. It's about the format of the tier list.
How about this?
(Just for the sake of an example. The information bellow is completely fake)
Rank A
1)Horio
Record: 5-7 Oshitari, 6-4 Yukimura, 6-0 Sanada.
Horio has two years of experience in tennis. His best technique is the "Two years beam" that sends his opponent two years into the future.
2)Momoshiro
Record: 7-5 Jesus, 5-7 Simon Cowell, 7-6 Ash Ketchum
Trickster. Known for taking over the earth once, but had to hand over the control over the earth to Niou after he blackmailed him.
3)Tezuka
Record: 6-0 Dinosaurs, 6-0 Gravity, 7-5 Accelerated aging syndrome.
Tezuka is known for killing the dinosaurs. Many people refer to him in both fear and admiration as "The Dinosaur Killer"

So yeah, my suggestion to keep the list organized is to keep their descriptions and official records inside a spoiler tag, basically. I think we should first all agree on a formatting before moving on the list itself.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good luck on the list...i'll help out with it tomorrow if i get the chance.

Antares

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Sherlock Holmes, thanks on the format idea. I'll do it now...by the way, Horio is the strongest? :facepalm let's give it our best shot.

Atobe The King, thanks for helping. Take your time...the list is going to be long, isn't it? :amuse

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was just using them for the sake of an example. I mean, Momo didn't really lose to Simon Cowell 5-7, haha.

I'll also help with the list tomorrow or later today, it depends on how a certain something goes.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay just a few..once we finish this list i think it warrants a sticky....it'll take a while and we want as much board member input as possible.

You know..i did all of this myself..memorized the cores i mean...fuck i could have just used FET >_>

Rank of God SSS

Echizen Ryoma -
Yukimura Seichi 6-4
Kintaro Tooyama 1-1 (tie)
Keigo Atobe - 7-6 (119-117)
Kei Tanishi - 7-6 (9-7)
Genichiro Sanada - 7-5
Hiyoshi Wakashi - 6-2
Jin Akutsu - 6-4
Yuuta Fuji - 6-3
Tezuka Kunimitsu - L (0-6 maybe?)
Shinji Ibu - 6-3

Yukimura Seichi
Sanada - 7-1
Echizen - 4-6

Rank of Emperor - SS
Sanada Genichiro
Kunimitsu Tezuka - 0-6,1-6 (when they were kids) 7-5
Echizen Ryoma - 5-7
Atobe Keigo - W (2nd year), 4-0 Retire

Tezuka Kunimitsu
Sanada Genichiroh- 6-0,6-1 (when they were kids) 5-7
Chitose Senri (zaizen) - 6-1
Kabaji Munehiro - 7-6
Eishiro Kite - 6-4
Atobe Keigo - 6-7 (37-35)
Fuji Shusuke - 0-6 (kids)
Rank of King - S ( i think this is an okay title...if you want to change it antares then be my guest ^_^, also if you disagree with the placing let me know and we'll all edit them to a general consensus..hopefully more member come and participate also these aren't in any order)

Atobe Keigo
Echizen Ryoma - 6-7 (119-117)
Tezuka Kunimitsu - 7-6 (37-35)
Sanada - L, 0-4 (retire)

Fuji Shususke
Nioh Masaharu - 7-5
Shiraishi Kuronosuke - 6-7 (8-6 i think)
Kirihara Akaya - 7-5
Jiroh Akutagawa - 6-1
Echizen Ryoma - 4-3 Tie
Hajime Mizuke - 7-5
Tezuka Kunimitsu - 6-0 (kids)

Chitose Senri
Tezuka Kunimitsu (Inui) - 1-6
Tachibana Kippei - 7-5

Kuronosuke Shiraishi
Fuji Shusuke - 7-6 (8-6)

Tooyama Kintaroh (he did go toe to toe with echizen for 40 minutes and he's unanimously considered the strongest in SHitenhouji)
Echizen Ryoma - 1-1 (tie)
Ibu Shinji - 1-0 (retire)

Rank of Knight - A (same as above..a tentative name and tentative placement)

Renji Yanagi
Inui Sadaharu - 6-7 (31-29)
Genichiroh Sanada - 4-6
Inui Sadaharu - 5-4 (when they were kids)

Kirihara Akaya
Lilaiden Krauser - 7-5
Fuji Shusuke - 5-7
Echizen Ryoma - 4-6

Tachibana Kippei
Chitose Senri - 5-7
Saeki- 6-2
Kirihara Akaya - 2-6

Eishiro Kite
Tezuka Kunimitsu 4-6

Nioh Masaharu
Fuji Shusuke 5-7
Hiroshi Yagyu 6-8

Hiroshi Yagyuu
Nioh Masarahu - 8-6
(no other singles matches but we know he's a very capable singles player)

Last edited:

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Rank of Knight - A (same as above..a tentative name and tentative placement)

Eishiro Kite
Tezuka Kunimitsu 4-6

Nioh Masaharu
Fuji Shusuke 5-7
Nioh lost 5-7 with Final's Fuji, who was obviously much better than Tezuka's First Round of Nationals, the one who defeated Kite. So Nioh is better than Kite. Also, Kite in Knight's Rank A is not clear...And if Nioh is here, why Yagyyu isn´t?
The rest of the list it's OK

Other thing: Rank B and the others will be very difficult to tier.
Rank B could be named "Outsiders"
My players for Rank B: (considering Yagyyu in Rank A, and Kite here):
Kaidoh,Inui,Kabaji,Gin,Bunta, Kite, Akutsu. Maybe Oshitari

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Javimgol you should read my entire post before commenting..i clearly stated

i think this is an okay title...if you want to change it antares then be my guest ^_^, also if you disagree with the placing let me know and we'll all edit them to a general consensus..hopefully more member come and participate also these aren't in any order
I just put them in the rank i felt...

I also said i wasn't doing a lot of them just a few..hence i didn't add yagyuu i only added who came to mind..but it's a good suggestion..like i said im just putting in input..we have to decide on this as a forum.

Antares

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
(Input's Atobe's list to first post)

thanks Atobe, i wonder what the "B" should be named, should it be "Outsider" like javimgol's suggestion? Or should it be named "Warlord" or "General" or "Paladin" or "Duke" such? By the way i'm not too familiar with this knightly hierarchy so i dunno which one's higher than the other :facepalm

By the way, about rank B, is Inui on par with Kabaji, who can push Tezuka heavily? Shouldn't Kaidoh on the same rank with Akaya, who can also release his "demon" or such? hmm, tricky tier listing here...:oh

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Kaido is on Akaya's level..in a singles match i think it would be lopsided...

Kabaji cannot be ranked because his skill is about as good as his opponents...

As for names..i wasn't going by knight hierarchy..i was thinking of chess lol..

THe order i put the characters in isn't really the order..thats the order i had in my head..so you guys feel free to change them..also Antares you should add the match records i put up for Tezuka, Sanada, echizen and Yukimura..so the lists looks more...idk so it flows better? not sure what im trying to say lol.

Ravsieg

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I'm not so sure Kintaro is stronger than Chitose. We'll see it soon, though.

Sure, Shiraishi said that Kintaro was probably their strongest already. But I remember Gin saying that if they didn't have Chitose they wouldn't be able to hold Tachibana. Either way, Shiraishi is probably weaker than both.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats true....we still don't have a lot to go on..but he should be playing Chitose so we shall see

Ravsieg

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Indeed. We'll see who's right next week most likely.
Shiraishi (Kintaro wins) or Gin (Chitose wins).

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Atobe, try to make Rank B ("Bishops" in Chess, "Outsiders" as I said, "Dukes" in ranges of nobility).We need to discuss something :D
Gin, Krauser and Bunta are here for sure. Maybe Inui, Kaidoh, Akutsu,Oshitari...

Ravsieg

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
My laptop is down and I lost my list. Sigh.

Lemonphantom

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The top 20 players in order are:
Echizen Ryoma SSS
Yukimura Seichi SS
Sanada Genchirou S
Tezuka Kunimitsu S
Kintaro Tooyama S
Atobe S
Fuji S
Shiraishi S
Tachibana S
Renji S
Chitose S
Niou A
Yagyuu A
Kirihara A
Gin A
Kite A
Krauser A
Akutsu A
Oshitari A

This is a rough list
I have no idea how much Akutsu grew, and I believe he'll probably go up on the list and be a formidable opponent to even the top 5 players on the list.

Krauser defeated Kirihara easily before Devil Mode. He easily defeated a Kirihara that Echizen had to go to Myuga to beat. I think that Krauser will improve and be a lot better since he is now gaining popularity.

Argue with me if you want...

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
The top 20 players in order are:
Echizen Ryoma SSS
Yukimura Seichi SS
Sanada Genchirou S
Tezuka Kunimitsu S
Kintaro Tooyama S
Atobe S
Fuji S
Shiraishi S
Tachibana S
Renji S
Chitose S
Niou A
Yagyuu A
Kirihara A
Gin A
Kite A
Krauser A
Akutsu A
Oshitari A

This is a rough list
I have no idea how much Akutsu grew, and I believe he'll probably go up on the list and be a formidable opponent to even the top 5 players on the list.

Krauser defeated Kirihara easily before Devil Mode. He easily defeated a Kirihara that Echizen had to go to Myuga to beat. I think that Krauser will improve and be a lot better since he is now gaining popularity.

Argue with me if you want...
Momoshiro should be in the A tier as well, since he was playing evenly with Oshitari despite using only 30% of his power, and both of them are definitely out of Akutsu's league. I'd also rank Kaidoh and Inui above Akutsu-level. I also would probably push Niou and Yagyuu up to S class. Niou gave Fuji an extremely difficult match, and Yagyuu then beat him rather handily.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Momoshiro should be in the A tier as well, since he was playing evenly with Oshitari despite using only 30% of his power, and both of them are definitely out of Akutsu's league. I'd also rank Kaidoh and Inui above Akutsu-level. I also would probably push Niou and Yagyuu up to S class. Niou gave Fuji an extremely difficult match, and Yagyuu then beat him rather handily.
Out of past Akutsu's league, sure. But past Mr.I-defeated-Kawamura-easily? Not so sure. I think he it's safe to assume he is awesome now. How awesome though is up for debate.

Momo-I-can-read-you-shiro is awesome indeed, but let's not go there. Oshitari is definitely not in the top 20. Inui and Kaidou are probably better than him.

Also, to that top 20 list...

Krauser is popular in this forum due to the fact he crucified Richard, and we all have an almost unreasonable hate for him. That doesn't mean he is popular in Japan. Also, potential does not count in the tier list. Only the current strength. Which is why I'm not sure where we should place Akutsu.

Jackal and Marui are also A level players. Clearly worse than the others, but still A level. The reason Rikkai is so freaking broken is that they have 6 A Rankers and two S rankers.

Also, I argue that Chitose does not deserve to be S-Ranked AT ALL. He lost 6-1 to Tezuka. If anything, Shiraishi is better than him.

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Akutsu Studied abroad...

If Akutsu who didn't practice and smoked Regularly gave Ryoma his first real match imagine what an akutsu enlightened by the Europeans (because you just KNOW he went to Europe..probably Spain with the claycourters since he's so damn fast haha)

Last edited:

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Akutsu is definitely S ranked now imo. I mean he was the ONLY broken character in the original seasons besides Tezuka. The kid was able to teleport to the net when the series was realistic... >_> Just imagine what he could do now that Konomi threw realism out the window.

He is stronger than Kawamura
Faster than Kamio
Better eyes than Sengoku
Just as flexible as Eiji

Where is his weakness now that the series is unrealistic?

*Edit*

Even Tachibana said during the Nationals that they may have lost, had Akutsu been there.

-------------

In other news, I totally called Kirihara getting owned by Renji when he was in devil mode. But everyone was like "NO NO KIRIHARA IS HAX." I knew where Konomi was headed when it came to Renji's ability level. Like I mentioned before in my old thread, Renji should be above Shiraishi and Tachibana for sure. Fuji? I would say maybe. I personally think he could take Fuji but that's just me. I don't think the current Fuji is much better if at all, than the current Kirihara in devil mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.