Shounen - The World God Only Knows by WAKAKI Tamiki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen The World God Only Knows by WAKAKI Tamiki

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

the World God Only Knows (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
By: WAKAKI Tamiki
Genre: Comedy
Serialized In: Shonen Sunday
Scanlated By: Red Hawk Edited Mangas
RTS

Katsuragi Keima is known on the net as the god of getting the girls while in real life he’s known as otamegane and he hates all real girls. However he is approached by Elsee, a devil from hell, to help her in catching runaway spirits that hide in people. Apparently the spirits only hide in the hearts of girls and the only way to get the souls out is by making the girl fall in love so the spirit gets forced out. And he’s not allowed to fail or he will lose his head.

tygreas

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: [Featured Series] the World God Only Knows by WAKAKI Tamiki

I had picked this series up a little while ago, no one in particular had recommended it, i just happen to seek out new manga on my own when i get an itch waiting for new chapters of alot of stuff. what immediately stood out for me was the artwork, in short, very refined and fitting to the storie's demographics.

be wary of hilarity that could induce minutes of giggling fits.

Orpheus 2

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I also read this out of curiosity. It's quite good for laughs.

sener

Reaction score
Country
Poland

this manga made me laugh my ass off , it's nice and relaxing

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I really like Elsee she's one of my favorite female leads. I really wish she got more screen time.

Skrymir

Reaction score
Country
United States

Elsee's a bit too ditzy for me to like as a female lead. I find it funny how after the "heroine" forgets, everyone around seems to forget that Keima was chasing her for a while. It's surprising that he hasn't been labeled as a playboy yet.

Oh, does anybody else imagine Keima with Lelouch from Code Geass voice every time he says "I can see the ending" and every time something goes wrong?

LilaChan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

^ Now if this gets a drama CD or anime I want Fukuyama Jun to play Keima. Since this manga makes fun of otaku culture, having FukuJun just adds more funny moments.

I enjoy this manga as a light read. I do hope Syngery would animate this after Cross Game, they animate a new shounen sunday anime every April. But would this work as a morning anime? Hayate No Gotoku is otaku targeted and did fine in the time slot, I guess this would do fine too.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Kami would make a great late night anime. Hayate was better after it moved to late night for season 2.

Orpheus 2

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

^ You have a point there but hopefully they won't animate until there are 100 chapters or more to avoid fillers. As for the VA, Fukuyama Jun would be perfect since Kami is like Lelouch being an otaku.

B@K@M@ST@R

Reaction score
Country
Canada

^ You have a point there but hopefully they won't animate until there are 100 chapters or more to avoid fillers.
Even without the fillers, there is enough content to animate it into at least 26 episodes. And you can't honestly expect them not to use the fillers in the anime, can't you?

If you guys want to talk TWGOK, come to MangaFox [http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_world_god_only_knows] since this is where the most active thread/post ever happens about TWGOK... There is just no one anywhere else who wants to talk TWGOK...

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hah, I'm surprised they didn't do this earlier:

Kami no Miso Shiru Sekai
(God's Miso Soup World)

An oft made pun on "Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai", now on sale :D

ZayCon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway
I've been reading this weekly for a while, and I think it's quite good. It's funny, the characters are good, and the plot is decent. Love the way the girls heart is caught. Would be awesome to use game-tactics in dating and stuff x)

shukketsumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shiori doesn't have a goddess in her, I think it's just stalking her.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
But all the goddesses have the same body as the host, and the one around Shiori looks just like her. Plus she's reading a book which is a common similarity with Shiori's interests and hobbies.

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really, I didn't notice the resemblance, and I just assumed she was holding a book because she was in a library, and I also assumed that the reason they had the same bodies was because we only ever saw them in the hosts reflections. Do not assume I suppose.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
The biggest fact to make is that Shiori remembers the kiss with Keima, she wouldn't be able to do that unless she had a goddess within her. This whole arc is building up for Shiori to reveal her goddess, I can't see it happening any other way.

Sama_al_Azraq

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
With the other 5 goddess have been revealed to possessed who, now it's only 1 remain. My only wish is, neither Ayumi nor Chihiro possess a goddess, and the one who will have a goddess is Mio. Just a wish.

kamakazi_1996

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Man i love this manga, i started reading it to pass the time but after a few chapters i was hooked to this manga, its weird no one actually knows about this manga/anime because its hilarious and interesting and should be well known. for some reason i seem to love elsie she is soo cute and funny, i fell off my chair laughing when she saw her first firetruck :D

i saw the recent chapter i have a feeling that both of them dont have a goddess and that kiema will end up making them both fall in love with him without realizing that or even if one of them has a goddess he will have to break the others heart, i love this manga but it seems when katsuragi gets the 5 goddesses and stops the old devils the manga will finish because when he does that keima will be free and be able to live his life without doing conquests, its sad that will happen but there is no more plot after that and its boring when a manga drags on and on without any good plot

Sakakibara Eitaro

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
There are 6 goodess, he found 5 (Diana, Apollo, Vulcan, Mars and Minerva). I think that Chihiro realy likes him (despite of the contest) as well, but doesn't have a goddess. I really think Ayumi might be the last of the Jupiter sisters. That is a great manga with cool references and a good story. Keima is a very well developed character and I hope Wakaki keep up the pace.

Great manga is not always the main stream ones.