Shoujo - Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: [Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

I just caught up with this very awesome manga (I know, a good day to do so, eh?) :lovebunny

I must say, while the number of shoujo manga I've read or am reading is little, KimiTodo is the best among them and judging from the sales and what I've heard from my Japanese friends, really among the creme de la creme. It's fluffy, but not excessively, and the characters are portrayed in such a way that you end up feeling as if they're your friends. They're so realistic. The situations the characters find themselves in are also not too out of this world, they feel like they could happen to anyone - I'm sure just about everyone will be able to relate to the majority of the KimiTodo cast. I really take my hat off to Shiina-sensei for creating such a great manga :tem

good_boy said:
is it just me or i have a feeling that if some event wont interupt sawako's and kazehaya's lovey-dovey life, the manga will end very soon? I hopeit doesnt end soon.

Anyone knows when the 54 chap is coiming out?
Oh, I'm sure some event will interrupt their lovelife - it's all part and parcel of a relationship after all. I don't think there is any couple out there who has never fought or quarreled. Like Goodsy and Kaiten said above the couple still aren't fully comfortable with each other and there are a lot of things about their relationship that Shiina-sensei can explore. It took 39 chapters to get a proper confession - how long do you think it'll take till they kiss? :p

Manga Scans has a release progress updater thingy here, apparently they are editing ch54, so with luck it'll be out soon :nod

I can't wait for it! I'm really tempted to go read the Chinese Edited Mangas since I do understand Chinese but... :shakefist

Last edited:

Medduch

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Lithuania

KIMI NI TODOKE CHAPTER 56 SPOILERS

Source: Shoujo Cafe
Credits: Seiren@Shoujo Cafe

originally posted by Seiren said:
Chapter 56
KnT Chapter 56 is still about the Osaka fieldtrip. As usual more Sawako and Shouta moments as well as ChizuxRyu and dundundun... dun, Pin and Yano.

Chapter Cover is Ryu and Chizu back to back

image 3

CLICK THE LINK TO VIEW THE WHOLE CHAPTER: http://www.shoujocafe.com/showthread.php?166-Kimi-ni-Todoke-Chapter-58-RAW&p=3055#post3055

Last edited by a moderator:

oceansportrait

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I really didn't understand why the manga continued on after they both confessed their feelings for each other and their unrequited loves became a mutual feeling (well, I can understand---for the sake of milking a popular series for all its worth...)

Ideally, it should have ended the moment their feelings reached each other. That's what I thought was meant by the title ("Kimi ni Todoke")

Reactions: GB

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

An interesting interpretation you have there... And a part of me does agree. However, regardless of the title (a title only means so much... I mean, what the hell is "Bleach" supposed to mean? :blink), I think the story set out to show Sawako's (and to a smaller extent Kazehaya's) growth, development and maturation, and I think there's still a lot of things that can be shown in that respect.

Anyway, in chapter 56, they almost kissed :gigglebunny It took like, 30-40 chapters for them to actually confess properly to each other. How many chapters do you think it's gonna take them to finally kiss? :XD

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

I really didn't understand why the manga continued on after they both confessed their feelings for each other and their unrequited loves became a mutual feeling (well, I can understand---for the sake of milking a popular series for all its worth...)

Ideally, it should have ended the moment their feelings reached each other. That's what I thought was meant by the title ("Kimi ni Todoke")
WHile I completely agree with you, but when i was reading the manga Iw as thinking that it would be great to see how their relationship is going to work out. Well as a fangirl, i just wanted to see them finally kiss to be Honest :XD. THe latest chapter is pretty good....Wow i was dissapointed when they didnt kiss even though it was sooooooo close. :crying

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

I guess the author wanted to go further than with just dating since things can go wrong as well. Think of it like when Sawako made friends, she denied them being friends because of a misunderstanding. The author probably wants to show Sawako growing and experiencing new things, like kissing, being pretty close and comfortable to Kazehaya. They don't seem as close with each other as they should.

Plus, there's also Yano and Chiwa to focus on, along with Pin and Ryu. :3c If not the latter two, Yano and Chiwa are definitely important since they helped changed Sawako for the better and were there for her.

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

M3J brings up a good point.

Indeed "Kimi ni Todoke" is about "reaching you", but it's not just about Sawako and Kazehaya's feelings reaching each other, but also about the secondary characters' feelings reaching each other as well. So there's also Yano and Pin's, and Chizu (surely you didn't really mean Chiwa, Milly... But then again you had to ask me what Kazehaya's name was so I wouldn't put it past you :tem) and Ryuu's feelings that have to reach each other. I'm sure they will before the end of Kimitodo :)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Probably got her mixed up with the main character from Hapi Mari. <_<

Exactly. While we dunno abut Yano-chin, Ryu's feelings have to reach Chizu and they need to get together! A great pairing I say, a great pairing with chemistry! Two total opposites, a loudmouthed energetic girl with a quiet, sleepy guy who can be epic (like saving Sawako from a baseball) getting together would be somewhat like Roy and Riza. :zomg

Plus, I think this manga will end with Sawako and Kazehaya getting married. I hope it doesn't show Sawako consummating the relationship since she's actually much better off looking totally innocent. :x

I know Kazehaya's name was "Kaze" something, but I kiept thinking "Kazuya." I get names mixed up. <__<

Sharikaaria

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kazehaya and Sawako's feelings have reached each other, but they aren't comfortable yet. Sawako's still too self-conscious, especially in social situations. I think the point when their awkwardness, nervousness, and whatnot fall away will be the end of the story - so probably when they get married like M3J said.

Oberon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #59: Click Here

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Chapter 59 is out, scanlated :woo

Nice chapter, lots of developments on different fronts. Kazehaya and Sawako seem even more distant than before, which is bad, though :( And now that Ryuu has confessed to Chizu (yay for that though :D), I wonder if the same will happen to them. Of course I hope Chizu really gives some more thought to what her true feelings for Ryuu are, especially now that his feelings for her are clear and she knows them.

I'm happy that Ayane broke up with her boyfriend - I didn't really like him and seeing him "reporting" to his friends like that was irksome :darn Can't stand kiss-and-tell guys like that. Anyway, I like Ayane x Pin but seeing as a student-teacher relationship may be just too complicated, I'm leaning more towards Ayane x Miura happening. Not that I mind either way since both pairings are good and this chapter especially made me like Miura more :) I hope that this time, Ayane will be able to do what she said she never was able to do, that is to love and to work hard for love.

Oberon

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Kimi ni Todoke take a break this month, so chapter #60 will be released in September and not in August.

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Kimi ni Todoke take a break this month, so chapter #60 will be released in September and not in August.
thanks for info although I am really dissapointed. I have a feeling something good should happen soon between kazehaya and sawako, cuz how long are they gonna be so awkward :yelling

Oberon

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Some news about chapter #60... First of all it'll be composed by 50 pages and Kimi ni Todoke will have the cover of the current issue, plus into the magazine there will be some artwork and wallpaper related to KnT.

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at August 29, 2011 at 04:52 PM ----------

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #60: Click Here

Cover Betsuma Issue #10:

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at September 13, 2011 06:39 AM ----------

Kimi ni Todoke Eng #60: Click Here

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #61: Click Here

Last edited:

Oberon

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #62 & Little Summary: Click Here

---------- Post added December 12, 2011 at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was November 13, 2011 at 12:07 PM ----------

Kimi ni Todoke Chinese Scan #63 & Little Summary: Click Here

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Regarding the line at the end of chapter 63, "It has finally begun," which seems to have caused some confusion on other sites, judging from what I read of the original Japanese text off some blogs, it seems to be in the present tense rather than past tense, i.e. "It is finally beginning/about to begin"

The last few pages were quite powerful, and somehow especially moreso when read in Japanese. Ryuu has always been the very silent type so his "outburst" of sorts was made even more impactful. I hope this does really mark the beginning of a romantic relationship between Ryuu and Chizu! I think they're adorable together :wub It's obvious that Chizu became all the more important to Ryuu after his mother's death, even if he knew all along that Chizu liked Tooru. I can understand Chizu's confusion, but I hope she can sort it all out (I think she's just in denial because she doesn't want the status quo to change) and, whilst ending the "childhood friends" relationship with Ryuu, start a new kind of relationship with him instead.

tonyyao82

Reaction score
Country
United States

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Chizu and Ryu. I think it will be a new beginning for both of them. Chizu probably will start to understand. Yano is probably next on the list to gain a significant other? I like Pin more. Perhaps a romance after high school?

I was wondering how everyone got into KnT in the first place. It still seems like it's the most popular shoujo manga right now. I wrote about it at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/14633606048/kimi-ni-todoke-popularity

What I like about the series is that it focuses on growing up as a whole, not just romance. I do agree that Sawako and Kazehaya are still awkward around each other, despite being a couple. Being comfortable with new things is another part of growing up as well.

Oberon

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Kimi ni Todoke #64 Chinese Scan & Color Page: Click Here

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I was wondering how everyone got into KnT in the first place. It still seems like it's the most popular shoujo manga right now. I wrote about it at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/14633606048/kimi-ni-todoke-popularity

What I like about the series is that it focuses on growing up as a whole, not just romance. I do agree that Sawako and Kazehaya are still awkward around each other, despite being a couple. Being comfortable with new things is another part of growing up as well.
I got into it thanks to repeated recommendations from c_k, igotthegoods, Kaiten and M3J :amuse And I'm sure glad I did! On the surface it seems like any other romance shoujo, but it's portrayal and how it makes the reader connect with the characters and feel for them (and like them), is one of the big selling points for KimiTodo. I don't think anyone can read this manga without being reminded of their own past relationships or one-sided crushes, the situations portrayed in KimiTodo are real and relatable for just about anyone.

Having read the latest chapter, Sawako and Kazehaya continue to be awkward around each other (though it's still kinda cute). With Christmas around the corner, they're also approaching their first anniversary as a couple~ I'm sure Shiina-sensei will make mention of that when the time comes. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to what Christmas brings for the two of them, and for the other couples/pairings in the series.

tonyyao82

Reaction score
Country
United States

I got into it thanks to repeated recommendations from c_k, igotthegoods, Kaiten and M3J :amuse And I'm sure glad I did! On the surface it seems like any other romance shoujo, but it's portrayal and how it makes the reader connect with the characters and feel for them (and like them), is one of the big selling points for KimiTodo. I don't think anyone can read this manga without being reminded of their own past relationships or one-sided crushes, the situations portrayed in KimiTodo are real and relatable for just about anyone.

Having read the latest chapter, Sawako and Kazehaya continue to be awkward around each other (though it's still kinda cute). With Christmas around the corner, they're also approaching their first anniversary as a couple~ I'm sure Shiina-sensei will make mention of that when the time comes. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to what Christmas brings for the two of them, and for the other couples/pairings in the series.
Yeah, I do feel that KnT is like a "Story of my life" type of series. I think hearing about it from the crew at MH heped too! It's definitely the side characters that make the series go. You don't see too many shoujo series that focus on its supporting cast as much as KNT does.