Seinen - Blood and Steel by Qiao Jingfu | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Blood and Steel by Qiao Jingfu

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Blood and Steel

Title: Blood and Steel (武道狂之詩)
By: Qiao Jingfu, Meng Ma Gong Zuo Shi
Original Publisher: New Youth (2011)
Target Group: Men, Adults
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Historical, Martial Arts, Mature
Chinese Release: 3 volumes (ongoing)
MH DB-Entry: http://mangahelpers.com/m/blood-and-steel
Manga Editors: Easy Going Scans

Samples:

Description by MU:

The story begins with an eradication of Qing-cheng by a group of martial art fanatic from Wudong, whose master and disciples only has one belief – to become the strongest in the world. In order to maintain their supremacy, they take over all the other martial arts group and kill those refuse to yield themselves to them.

Yan Heng, a young swordman in Qing-cheng, was saved by ‘Wudang Hunter' Jing Lie, who also lost his fellows because of Wudong. Being the only remnant of their groups, the two allied and start their journey of revenge.

Personal Note

So far we have 5 chapters but already so much is happening. What I really loved about this series is its Art. The battles are well drawn.

Last edited:

maxikki

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah this is one of my favorite martial arts manga/manhua/manhwa

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
anyone knows where i could find the raws for volumes 3-5??

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am not sure it will help you out. I don't know Chinese, but this link suppose to have the raws.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I picked this manhua randomly yesterday. And it was great :hee
that's my first manhua and it gave me a good impression, the story is very promising.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Last edited:

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
this manhua is based on novels made by the author, the novel is called sangre y acero (blood and steel) i've been looking for the novels but havent been able to find it in english. according to some info i read the novels are really popular in Hong Kong.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
this manhua is based on novels made by the author, the novel is called sangre y acero (blood and steel) i've been looking for the novels but havent been able to find it in english. according to some info i read the novels are really popular in Hong Kong.
It should be. So far, this manhua has been a delight to read. Yan has joined Jing in order to become strogner, to avenge what happens to Qing-cheng. I am excited to see him grow as a character. Jing is also a wonderful character. Great design and cool attitude, he has to teach a lot to Yan.

hdiuy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Just finish reading chapter 12, this looks interesing enough. I will probably get the manhua volumes when i'm free.

AluminumTough

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sikkim
I just read the first chapter the art is amazing, I will continue to read this after I get out of class.

hdiuy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Couldn't find any translation around so i thought i would post summaries of vol 4 & 5. Not that many people care, but i figured it might ease the waiting time for the few little people who actually read this.
-Yan Heng arrives at Ma Pai gang headquarters and Cai Tian Shou calls Yan heng his saviour . Yan Heng confronts Tian Shou about the truth,then Tian Shou’s father sprouts some crap and calling Wang Da ma’s story a lie. After which they treat Yan Heng to a feast.
-Liu Ren Yan follows some Wudang people( Shi Hong,Li Shan Yang , Jiang Yun lan and 1 other guy whose last name I don’t know how to read lol. All 4 are from Bing Ya Division of Wudang) and start fighting with them. By the time Ren Ying arrives, his brother is already dead.
-Hu Ling Lan attacks Jing Lie with a Odachi saying that she only have 2 choices: kill Jing Lie and avenge Wu Lang(her younger brother) or marry Jing Lie due to her father’s orders .
-Halfway through they notice someone is spying on them. That someone is from Wudang’s Shou She Division. And thus begins the fight between Jing Lie, Ling Lan and the 4 Bing Ya fighters from Wudang. Ren Ying kills the other Shou She Wudang disciple.
-Halfway through the rest of the 4 Emei fighters arrives and give Jing Lie and Ling Lan a hand. San Yang got killed by Ling Lan. Shi Hong kills Wu Yue’s daughter-in-law and his son. The Wudang guy whose last name I don’t know how to read kills Ren Ying but gets killed by Wu Yue.
- Back at Ma Pao Gang’s HQ. Cai Tian Shou and his father excuse themselves from the feast. Yan Heng got attacked by poison arrows from outside of the house. Yan Heng breaks through the house but got caught in a net. Tong Qing arrives to help Yan Heng
-Just as Ma pai Gang’s people are about to release the arrows and kill Yan Heng and Tong Qing. Yan Heng slashes through the net and kills Ma Pai Gang’s people before collapsing.

-Shi Hong gets killed. During the fight Wu Yue thrusts himself into Yun Lan sword so that Jing Lie and Ling Lan could kill them both.Jiang Yun Lan kills Wu Yue but his sword got slashed off by Ling Lan. Its now down to Jing Lie, Ling Lan vs Yun Lan.Yun Lan chances of winning is much higher but Yun Lan he has thrown his face as a Bing Ya fighter because earlier on Jing Lie and Ling Lan could have killed Wu Yue together with Yun lan. Yun Lan decapitate Wu Yue’s head and left. Jing Lie collapses after Yun Lan left.

-Yan Heng awakes to find himself with Tong Qing , Jing Lie and Ling Lang on Min Jiang Gang’s boat which left Cheng Du.

-Ye Chen Yuan and co arrives at Emei with Wu Yue’s head. Emei surrenders.

-Hou Ying Zhi( Yan Heng’s good friend) arrives at Wudan Mt and meets Fan Zong (Shou She) who brings him to meet Gui Dan Lei (Zhen Gui); now that Shi Xing Hao ( one of the 3 Assistant Headmaster) isn’t on Wudang Mt and that Wudang’s headmaster has locked himself up, Gui Dan lei is in charge.

-Dan Lei explains that on Wudang there is only one criterion for being the headmasters, and that is strength. The strongest one on Wudang will be the headmaster. Once a year every Wudang disciple can become “Dian Bei”(just a title) to challenge the vice-headmaster/headmaster for the title. Up till date there isn’t a single “Dian Bei” who defeated a vice headmaster and all of them dies in the duel.

- It is revealed that Hou Ying Zhi feels angry that he couldn’t be like Yan Heng rise up to Qing Cheng Sect’s “Dao Chuan Disciple”. He doesn’t believe that there are any martial arts that Yan Heng can learn that he can’t learn. Hou Ying Zhi meets Xi Zhao Ping’s ( the guy with the ridiculous big right arm) brother (who is part of Zhen Gui) and tells him that Zhao Ping got killed by ‘The hunter’ ( Jing Lie)

-Gui Dan Lei asks Fan Zong to ask the headmaster to leave his seclusion so that they can discuss about ‘the hunter’.

-Shi Xing Hao (Vice-headmaster of Wudang) and a few Wudang disciples are at the imperial palace. Beside the emperor are “Left Commander” Qian Ning and the "Official-In-Charge ofJin Yi Wei's (Imperial Military Police)affairs" Jiang Bin. And thus a match between Wudang disciple Chu Lan Tian (Zhen Gui) and a Eight Trigram Sect’s disciple( who is also part of Jin Yi wei). Note : Eight Trigram Sect is one of the Nine big sects. Chu Lan Tian wins the match.

-Emperor asks Shi Xing Hao how powerful Chu Lan Tian is among Wudang. Chu Lan Tian is among the highest level of disciples on Wudang but his sword and blade techniques aren’t ask good as his fist. There are around 30 of such powerful people on Wudang. Emperor says that if he has 30 of such powerful people they would surely defeat thousands of army soldiers. But Jiang Bin says that warfare and martial duel are different. Emperor asks Xing Hao how he would fare against Chu Lan Tian, Xing Hao believes that Chu Lan Tian will be defeated within 10 strokes.

-On Wudang Hou Ying Zhi is practicing with Xi Zhao Ping’ brother. Gui Dan Lei gathers Fan Zong and some Wudang people to discuss about Headmaster’s disappearance. Gui Dan Lei asks Fan Zong to leave and gather info. Afterwhich someone asks Gui Dan Lei if he should call the 3rd Vice Headmaster of Wudang (The taboo of Wudang). Dan Lei says no and that the 3rd Vice Headmaster must not be told of the Headmaster’s disappearance and that the news must be kept a secret.. He says that only the headmaster can restrain the 3rd Vice Headmaster, and who knows what will happen if the 3rd Vice headmaster knew. Gui Dan Lei gathers a few people and heads out. ( Xi Zhao Ping’s brother joins them on their way down) . However there is an unknown traitor who leaked out the news and it is implied that the headmaster is on his way to Mt. Hua .

- Wudang’s headmaster Yao Lian Zhou arrives on Mt Hua’s ‘Jian Xing Guan’(Place name). Those who wants to become Mt Hua Sect’s disciples must go through the test at Jian Xing Guan . And in order to go up higher to Mt Hua, the tester says that Yao Lian Zhou must go through him first. Yao Lian Zhou quickly kills him (empty handed against the tester’s wooden sword) and proceed . Note: Mountain Hua sect is one of the nine big sect. There is a saying :拳出少林,剑归华山 (which means something like Shaolin is famous for its fists techniques and Mt Hua for its sword techniques) The Volume ends with Yao Lian Zhou heading up to Mt Hua wanting to challenge Mt Hua sect.

If i have time i guess i will post the summaries of the novels in around 2-3 weeks time. Manhua vol 5 ends somewhere in the very early parts of the novel's vol 3. IIRC there are currently 10 novel volumes. Its going to burn a hole in my wallet...

Last edited:

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank u for posting the summaries, do u know when the next volume of the manhua is going to be released??

hdiuy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
thank u for posting the summaries, do u know when the next volume of the manhua is going to be released??
Not sure when vol 6 is coming out. But i've seen the covers for vol 6 being released.

---------- Post added April 10, 2012 at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was April 03, 2012 at 12:59 AM ----------

Don't mind the grammar and vocab >.>
Previously I missed out one small point when Shi Xing Hao talked about Chu Lan Tian’s powers. When the Emperor asked him what class Lan Tian belonged to on Wudang, Xing Hao replied saying that since Lan Tian was able to learn “Tai Qi Fist” he is considered among the highest class of disciples. And there are around 30 such people on Wudang.

I didn’t read from the start of Vol 3 but rather from the part where Fan Zong when to find Yao Lian Zhou.

Throughout the novels, the author has sections dedicated to the more in-depth stuff about the martial arts in the book and co-relation with real life martial arts, stuff about the sects etc.And the 9 big sects are revealed in this volume :
- Shaolin Sect
-Wudang Sect
-Emei Sect
-Mt Hua Sect
-Qing Cheng Sect
-Kong Tong Sect
-8 Trigram Sect
- Xin Yi Sect
- Mi Zong Sect
The 9 big sect can be broken up into ‘6 mountains’ and ‘3 men’(literally means door ). The 3 men are Xin Yi, 8 Trigram and Mi Zong. The ‘6 mts’ disciples are situated deep in the mountains to train their martial arts. The ‘3 men’ are not located at one place, they have more disciples then the ‘6 mountains’ . The ‘3 men’ don’t call themselves sects but ‘men’ (though it can be translate into sect).Their standards are not as high as the ‘6 mountains’ as their disciples do not isolate themselves to train on their martial arts. In the eyes of the people, the position of ‘3 men’ are lower then that of the ‘6 mountains’. But the ‘3 men’ have their elite warriors who goes through tough training and their martial art standards won’t lose to disciples from the ‘6 mountains’ .

------------------------

-It has been 3 months since Jing Lie & Co boarded Min Jiang Gang’s boat and left Cheng Du. All these while they have been training. Yan Heng has been teaching Tong Qing Qing Cheng Sect’s sword techniques to Tong Qing. She is frustrated at her progress. In the past her father always ask other people to teach her and within 3 months she could learn the whole set of moves. But now she learned only around 8 moves. Yan Heng says that because those people don’t want to lose their job and thus keep teaching a lot in a very fast pace.Yan Heng says that real kung fu isn’t learned in such a way. Tong Qing angers Yan Heng by saying that if Jing Lie who is stronger were to teach her, she would learn better

-Jing Lie says that he willing to learn any martial in the world to become stronger, even if it is Wudang’s. Tong Qing’s father( Tong Bo Xiong) arrives. Upon knowing that Yan Heng is Qing Cheng Sect’s disciple, Tong Bo Xiong betrothed his daughter to Yan Heng. But Yan Heng rejects. Bo Xiong then says that there is news that Wudang’s sect Leader is heading to Guan Zhong( a place name) Jing Lie deduce that he is on his way to Mt Hua sect. Tong Qing goes back with her father while the rest heads to Guan Zhong.

-While Yao Lian Zhou is on his way up to Mt Hua. Mt Hua sect gathers everyone. Mt Hua sect also has their own ‘Dao Chuan Disciple” like Qing Cheng Sect. But they have a total of 44 ‘Dao Chuan Disciple”. Among the 44 are 10 who are known as “Mt Hua 10 Wei Yi” ,they are the pillars of the future Mt Hua sect. There’s also the “Four Lian Shi” they are the martial arts juniors of Mt Hua sect’s Leader. In terms of position they are like what Wudang Vice Headmasters are to Wudang. There’s also 2 elders, t hey are the martial arts grand master’s junoirs of the current generation of Mt Hua disciples ( that probably sound confusing, basically they are 1 generation higher then “Four Lian Shi” and Mt Hua sect’s Leader).And of course there is Mt Hua sect’s 54 years old leader “ Jiu Xian Shen Jian” Liu Zong Wu. ( There are many literal translation due to Xian. But to me ,I guess “9 Xian God Sword” sounds the coolest.Though the most common translation would be 9 Now God Sword and it sounds bad.)

-Yao Lian Zhou arrives . One of the “Four Lian Shi” guess that Lian Zhou looks like he’s above 25 years old but younger then 31. Lian Zhou wants to challenge Mt Hua sect sword techniques. Liu Zong Wu says that Lian Zhou is pretty bold, coming up to Mt Hua alone. In his command hundreds of Mt Hua disciples could attack Lian Zhou and seals his death. But Lian Zhou replies that whether he will die or not will only be determined once they try. Lian Zhou wants to change拳出少林,剑归华山 to 剑和拳, 此后皆尊武当 (which means something like Wudang will be respected for its sword and fist techniques) and he wants to prove that wudang is invincible.

-Si Ma Tai Yuan, the chief of the “Ten Wei Yei” volunteers to challenge Lian Zhou. Si Ma Tai Yuan is 42 years old and is confirmed to be the Leader in around 10 years time. Lian Zhou uses Wudang Form Sword ( the one that Ye Chen Yuan used against He Zi Shen ) to force Si Ma Tai Yuan to use different Mt Hua sword techniques and keep breaking the Mt Hua sword techniques. When Lian Zhou decided he has seen enough of Mt Hua sword techniques, he slashes Si Ma Tai Yuan wrist.

- Lian Zhou then fights with Liu Zong Wu . Liu Zong Wu uses Mt Hua Sect highest level technique : Fei Xian Jiu Shi ( Flying Immortal Nine Stance). Lian Zhou uses Tai Qi sword against Liu Zong Wu, Zong Wu uses a similar technique like that of He Zi Shen’s Shaking Scale ( in the match against Ye Chen Yuan, Zi Shen uses Shaking Scale to counter Ye Chen Yuan’s Tai Qi ). But Liu Zong Wu isn’t He Zi Shen and his opponent isn’t Ye Chen Yuan. Lian Zhou kills Zong Wu and grabs his sword.

- One of the “Lian Shi” immediately shouts for 7 people( A mix of people from “ Ten Wei Yi” and “Lian Shi”) to get into “ Mt Hua Bai Dou Sword Formation” . There’s a rule on Mt Hua sect that this sword formation can only be used when the sect is faced with great danger. The 7 people intent to kill Lian Zhou and surrounds Lian Zhou. But Lian Zhou is smiling because it’s the first time since arriving on Mt Hua that he has faced real danger. He is happy because there are lesser and lesser battles that can make him emit cold sweat. The last time was 3 years ago when Ye Chen Yuan challenged him in a private battle. After the battle Chen Yuan said that as long as Lian Zhou is on Wudang he will not content for the title of Leader.

-Lian Zhou is described as having an ability whose analogy is: an accountant, after taking a look at the accounts he can see which have been tampered with, and what expenditures can be cut. Another analogy would be like an artisan, after looking at cars,house,boats he can see which parts are improper and how to improve it. And thus Lian Zhou, with just a look can deduce any martial arts weakness, strength and conditions for using that move. Even the word “genius” cannot be used to describe such a person.

-Lian Zhou breaks the sword formation killing 3 people and renders one person handicapped.1 of the elders was thinking of calling out to the hundred disciples out there to attack Lian Zhou, but in doing so there would be no meaning to such a sword sect. Lian Zhou says that Mt Hua sect can either surrender and be part of Wudang or dissolve Mt Hua sect. The many people who have seen this people went home and spread around what they saw(Previously there are many people from Jian Xing Guan who followed Lian Zhou up Mt Hua). 1 month later, Mt Hua sect breaks all their swords, burns all their martial arts manual and announced that they will not practice anymore martial arts.

-Back to Jing Lie and co. Jing Lie explains to Yan Heng that as martial artists keep learning higher level techniques, they tend to forget the basics easily. In the sense that there are times when people tend to form bad habits, sometimes they themselves wont notice these problems. As time pass they may form as an obstacle to improving. Thus there is a need to revise, 1 effective way is to teach others. This reminds Yan Heng of the time when he first became “Dao Chuan Disciple”, his master did not teach him new techniques but rather asked him to teach others.

- As they approaches Xi An Fu ( a prefecture name), they met 2 Xin Yi Sect people ( Xin Yi can mean feelings,intentions etc ); Dai Kui and his martial arts junior Li Wen Qiong . Dai Kui tells the gang about what happened on Mt Hua. Together they head to a guest house owned by Yan Qing Tong to gather news on Yao Lian Zhou. Qing Tong is also from Xin Yi sect. Even though Qing Tong is Dai Kui and Li Wen Qiong’ senior, his martial arts is lower then 2 of his juniors. Knowing that his martial arts talent has limits, he left and started an armed escort services.

- Not every can enter the guest house. Those from small sects are not allowed to enter. There are people from the nine big sects in the guest house. The more important ones are :
1) Yuan Xing , young monk from Shaolin sect with hair (around 20++) who’s eating meat. He’s a “Mu Ren Xiang”, someone who has gone through the harshest training in Shaolin temple.
2) From Mi Zong sect (can be translated into Secret sect, secret clan sect etc) are “ Dong San Qiao”(Literally means Dong 3 bridges, with Dong being surname) Dong Chao and his martial art’s master’s junior “ Wu Fu Tie Shou”(can be translated into Crow Symbol Iron Hand) Han Tian Bao (Literally means Han Sky Leopard, Han being surname)
3) From 8 trigram sect: 52 years old “Shui Zhong Zhan Yue”( Literally means Cutting moon in water) Yin Ying Chuan . He’s the younger brother of the current 8 trigram sect’s leader yin ying feng.
4) The 2 previously mentioned people from Xin Yi Sect.

-Qing Tong mentions that even Kong Tong sect’s leader is coming here to help out. And so they discuss about the location of Lian Zhou and how they should deal with him. And so they decided to form an alliance and gang up on Lian Zhou. Qing Tong says that he’s still investigating’s Lian Zhou’s location. The reason Yuan Xing eats meat is because he will have more energy when its time to fight.

-Jing Lie doesn’t look like he is paying attention when Qing Tong is speaking and thus 3 Xin Yi sect members are pretty pissed and they fling a wine bottle at him.After which Jing Lie flings it back ,spilling the wine on the 3 people. Jing Lie wonders who is responsible for leaking the information about Lian Zhou out and what their intentions are. And says that its maybe a trap set up by Wudang sect. Jing Lie is only interested in Lian Zhou’s news and not the alliance and so he decides to leave. But people are pissed at his attitude. Dai Kui challenges Jing Lie to a fist fight on a table , saying that whoever who drops down first loses.

- As the fight goes on Jing Lie uses Muay Boran ( something which everyone else in the guest house have never seen before) and gains the upper hand. Jing Lie is capable of killing Dai Kui but forces both of them to drop down at the same time and suggests that it’s a draw. Dai Kui is embrassed. Jing Lie and Hu Ling Lan leaves while Yan Heng stays. Qing Tong gets info on the Lian Zhou’s location ( a brothel) and that he’s alone. Qing Tong feels that this is a good opportunity to make money. He feels that if the alliance is successful then he as the host will have a reputation boost. Resulting in good business prospect for his armed escort business. Qing Tong then pays the errant guy to do ‘that’ thing that was previously discussed. (The discussion was done off-screen, its supposed to keep the readers into thinking what it is )Qing Tong announced that he knows that Lian Zhou is in the city but lies to everyone that he doesn’t know Lian Zhou’s exact location.

-Gui Dan Lei and his fellow Wudang comrades are in the city . Gui Lie thinks that the imperial court is responsible for spreading the news about Lian Zhou, as he thinks they are the only one capable of spreading news fast to many areas

- At the brothel. Yin Xiao Yan is a servant ‘brought’ by Lian Zhou. She knows that Lian Zhou doesn’t drink wine but tea which are more expensive then any wine. And that Lian Zhou likes to baths. Mrs Qiao (prostitute, whom has been ‘brought’ by Lian Zhou) plays the zither every night for Lian Zhou. Mrs Qiao has the freedom to reject any customer, but she did not reject Lian Zhou. There are times when she draws, recites poems and even sitting down doing nothing in the room with Lian Zhou. Still she does not feel bored. Xiao Yan hates the fact that she can’t hold her own fate in her own hands.

- Tong Qing chases up to Jing Lie and Hu Ling Lan, saying that her father asks and allows her to join them.

-Fan Zong is observing the corpse of the Qing Tong’s errant guy (got killed by Qing Tong’s armed escort men. The errant guy is someone from the prefecture who helps Qing Tong get info on Lian Zhou.). Xi An Prefecture is too big, thus Fan Zong has to observe the enemies’ movements so as to find out news of Lian Zhou. Fan Zong searches the body and he finds nothing important. But he realizes that underneath the corpse’s fingernails is poison. He remembers that the errant guy previously was heading into the brothel and heads east.

The End

EDIT: I added the part "Though the most common translation would be 9 Now God Sword and it sounds bad." to the part about "Jiu Xian Shen Jian" translation. Corrected Gui Dan Lei's name which i previously spelled wrongly.

Last edited:

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank u for the summary of volume 3(novel)

---------- Post added April 12, 2012 at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was April 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

volume 6 is going to be released on april 19th

hdiuy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
^ Thanks for the info. I'm on off on that day, hopefully it will reach here on the same day.

After re-reading a few pages of novel vol 4, I looked back at Jiang Bin’s rank back in vol 5 (manhua)and I realized I made a mistake. His rank shouldn’t be “commander of Jin Yi Wei” but rather something like “Official-In-Charge of Jin Yi Wei’s affairs”. I’m not familiar with the ranking system of the ancient china army/government and have to google around to figure it out. According to his description, Jian Bin is a military official and has soldiers stationed in the capital. And according to Qian Ning’s description, he is in command of the Jin Yi Wei . So yea sorry for the mistake, editted that part to correct that mistake.

Last edited:

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
it would be interesting if the novel were released in english

hdiuy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I like the way the author writes his action, but it would be insane to translate every bit so most of the time i just summaries them. Oh and don't mind the horrible grammar, vocab and sentence structure.

-The alliance are moving off into 2 different directions ; west and east. The east ‘army’ consists of Yan Qing Tong leading his fellow Xin Yi sect people, Yan Heng and the people from Mi Zong Sect. Dai Kui carries a saber, Li Wen Qiong carries something like an ancient truncheon (honestly I have no idea what’s the correct English translation for this weapon. I searched around and it gave me ancient truncheon and mace. I image googled mace and truncheon and they look nothing like the result of my image googling of the original Chinese word 四棱鐵锏. You can google四棱鐵锏 to have a look or http://www.hudong.com/wiki/锏) Han Tian Bao carries a Yan Ling blade ( a kind of blade) while Dong Chao carries a 9 section whip.

- The West ‘army’ consists of 8 trigram sect people and Yuan Xing. At this point of time Yuan Xing donned his “Shaolin Bronze Man Half Body Armour” which covers the left side of his whole body and he is holding on to his Qi Mei staff(name of a staff. Google 齐眉棍 to see, though it looks just like a normal staff). Yin Ying Chuan is holding on to a large Eight trigram saber (google 八卦刀 to have a look). In both of the armies there are many people from other sects. Qing Tong was the one who came out with the idea of having 2 group of people.

-He told the others that his plan was to notify both groups once he has info on Lian Zhou. This way the nearest group can go and take on Lian Zhou and prevent him from moving around/escaping while the other will come immediately and help out, thus making the alliance more efficient. (But then readers know that Qing Tong already has the info and is up to no good)

-In a guest house not far away are Li Jun Yuan(who is described as a scribe) and “ Jin Yi Wei Assistant Guard Commander” Wang Fang. (After re-reading this few pages, I looked back at Jiang Bin’s rank and I realized I made a mistake. His rank shouldn’t be “commander of Jin Yi Wei” but rather the literal translation is something like “Official-In-Charge of Jin Yi Wei’s affairs”. I’m not familiar with the ranking system of the ancient china army/government and have to google around to figure it out. According to his description, Jian Bin is a military official and has soldiers stationed in the capital. And according to Qian Ning’s description, he is in command of the Jin Yi Wei ) Wang Fang mentions that after a direct order from Qian Ning, they started spreading news about Lian Zhou. Wang Fang don’t understand the intentions of the his higher ups, since the Jin Yi Wei never interfere with Wu Lin’s business. To know about the situation in Xi An Fu, all he has to do is to sent runners to get information. Thus he feels that it’s strange that he the ‘Assistant Guard Commander of Jin Yi Wei” have to make it down here personally. His superiors never told him what position Li Jun Yuan holds and only that he is from Ning Prince Palace. After hearing Ning Prince Palace, Wang Fang suddenly had many of his suspicion cleared. The novel describes some stuff about the Prince of Ning, Zhu Chen Hao ( Read about him on wiki, if you want. Though it may provide some spoilers considering this novel does have people who exist in the real world; some of the stuff in real life applies to the novel) Anyway the description in the novel ends at the part where Prince of Ning wanted to restore his military power . Thus he gets Qian Ning to ask the Emperor release the restriction of his military army. Wang Fang deduces that Zhu Chen Hao bribes Qian Ning to get his Jin Yi Wei to spread the news of Lian Zhou, and intents to incorporate all the fighters that have gather in Xi An Fu into his army. Wang Fang asks Jun Yuan how did the Prince of Ning got hold of the information regarding Lian Zhou’s journey out of Mt Wudang. Jun Yuan asks Wang Fang what does he thinks. Wang Fang guess that
-Prince of Ning has a mole on Mt Wudang
- The mole has to be a disciple who’s practicing martial arts.
- Its not easy to plant a mole or to bribe a Wudang sect disciple.
- Such a thing cannot be accomplished in a short period of time.
-Prince of Ning has been planning for quite some time.

-Wang Fang says that he does not understand something and asks Jun Yuan why create such a scene when the Prince of Ning just wants to take in these bunch of powerful warriors.( They can see the western group). Jun Yuan replies saying that there strange people (pointing to Yin Ying Chuan and Yuan Xing)in this world who cannot be bribed by money and positions. And that only battle can give them a boiling desire and that’s when we can give them what they want. (This sentence will most likely sound very weird, but I just literally translate some parts and it’s hard to find a good way to put it.) Jun Yuan is looking at Yuan Xing and when Yuan Xing stares back, Jun Yuan feels uneasy.Jun Yuan then mentions that to attact such crazy person, you have to first create chance. And the best way is to let them fight.
Note: The current Emperor of the book is Zhu Hou Zhao.

-Gui Dan Lei & co ( Fang Zong is not with them) . Gui Dan Lei takes Jiao Hong Ye, Shang Si Lang and Li Dong with him and heads west. And orders Chen Dai Xiu, Xi Xiao Yan ( Xi Zhao Ping’s brother. Zhao Ping is the guy with the super big right arm), Tang Liang, and Fu Yuan Ba to head east.The plan is to let the Shou She division people to follow the enemy while they hide at the western and eastern part of town waiting to react. These people are not nervous despite knowing that currently they only have 8 people and are facing 200 people. Such confidence is described as Wudang sect’s greatest weapon.

-Tong Qing chases up to Yan Heng. And they start talking about Yan Heng temporary separation from Jing Lie, how Yan Heng is walking his own path etc.

- Qing Tong makes a signal and his armed escort man came up to him ‘reporting about Lian Zhou’s location’ (All an arranged act) . Qing Tong gets his man to report the info to the western group, and decides that they should attack first. However the truth is that Qing Tong’s man is going to tell the western group only after some time has passed. Qing Tong tells Dai Kui that later on when they have surrounded Lian Zhou, Dai Kui should lead Xin Yi sect people and be the first one to enter and capture Lian Zhou. Dai Kui thinks he is crazy but Qing Tong says that Lian Zhou is poisoned and will not be able to resist. Dai Kui asks Qing Tong how he got the info . After a while, Dai Kui understands everything and says that Qing Tong has thrown Xin Yi sect’s face. Qing Tong says that if the other sect people seen Lian Zhou first they would notice the treachery. And that after entering, Dai Kui should tie Lian Zhou up and give him the antidote, this way no one will know. Dai Kui says that Lian Zhou will know the truth but Qing Tong says that people will think that Lian Zhou is making an excuse for his capture. Qing Tong then continue saying that since Lian Zhou is already poisoned there is no point of return . And that Dai Kui decides if Xin Yi sect will be badmouthed by others as people who resort to dirty tricks or be seen as the heroes who defeated Wudang Sect leader .Dai Kui grabs the antidote, moves on and tell Qing Tong that he will never ever want to see Qing Tong again.

-Back at the brothel, both Lian Zhou and Hua Qiao (the prostitute, previously I read too fast and left out the word Hua)are poisoned. Lian Zhou asks Yin Xiao Yan to take care of Hua Qiao and not to leave without his permission. Lian Zhou says that they will be fine as they want to deal with him and not them. Lian Zhou tells Xiao Yan not to blame herself and he is the cause of this. During the conversation, Lian Zhou is having difficulty breathing. Fan Zong arrives and suggests that they escape but before he finishes the sentence, he slaps himself. That’s because the word ‘escape’ is a taboo. Lian Zhou reveals that the reason he stays in Xi An is because he wanted to wait for people from various different sect to gather and then defeat them in 1 swoop. But he didn’t expect them to use such a tactic. He decides to stay and is waiting for them to deliver the antidote.

- Yuan Xing tells Ying Chuan that he wants to be the 1st to fight Lian Zhou. Ying Chuan guessed that Yuan Xing secretly left Shaolin Mountain , he feels that if Shaolin sect were to deal with Wudang sect they wouldn’t just send 1 man. They meet up with Jing Lie. Jing Lie says that someone is following them and sends a blade flying at that guy but that guy fled away.

-Gui Dan Lei and his western team approach the western group. Dan Lei says that the enemy should leave Xi An Fu and the last sect to leave will be annihilated by Wudang sect. Yuan Xing steps out intending to fight. Dan Lei tells Si Lang to fight with Yuan Xing. Si Lang uses a blade to fight with Yuan Xing. At the start Si Lang keep defending to test out Yuan Xing’s strength before using Tai Ji.

-The alliance’s eastern group has surrounded the brothel. Dai Kui and 17 Xin Yi sect people decided to enter first. 4 Mi Zong sect people have started climbing up the walls. Once outside the room , Dai Kui raise his voice telling Lian Zhou that he knows about Lian Zhou’s condition. And should Lian Zhou throws his weapon outside of the window, he will not use violence. Lian Zhou retorts saying that since they have already use such methods why spew so much crap, if they want to enter just enter.

- Li Wen Qiong uses his weapon to smash the door and rushes in . Dai Kui attacks someone( he can’t see who) but that someone dodges, thats when Dai Kui saw another person who attacks Wen Qiong. Outside the window, Han Tian Bao gives the order for the 4 Mi Zong Sect people to attack using darts/shuriken (they have the same Chinese wording). But instead they got hit by broken pieces of a teacup. 2 out of the 4 died, the other 2 retreated. Dai Kui(badly injuired) grabs Li Wen Qiong(dead) and jumps out of the window. About half of Xin Yi Sect’s people exits the brothel, all of them are heavily injured. Back then Lian Zhou uses Tai Ji Sword style to ‘use’ Dai Kui’s blade to kill Wen Qiong and ‘uses’ Wen Qiong’s weapon to break Dai Kui’s left arm. Then Lian Zhou’s shirt (Lian Zhou changed when he first arrived at the brothel) got hung outside of the window, there are 14 words written on it : 强中再无强中手 千山未及此山高. It means something like they are already the strongest and that there’s no one stronger then them.

-Back in the brothel, Fan Zong closes the eyes of the dead Xin Yi sect people in the room and carries them out. Lian Zhou is having problems sitting properly and he looks even paler then before. Lian Zhou says that he is fine and that he is worried about Hua Qiao. Lian Zhou then passes his sword to Xiao Yan.

-Back to Si Lang Vs Yuan Xing. Si Lang’s Tai Ji Blade technique isn’t perfect and thus earlier on he has to test out Yuan Xing’s strength. Halfway into the fight, Si Lang abandons his weapon and fight. Yuan Xing follow suit. Ever since the battle on Qing Cheng Mt, Jing Lie has been thinking about countering Tai Ji. Thinking about He Zi Shen’s Shaking Scale, Jing Lie suggest to Yuan Xing on using ‘Short Power’. The novel describes Si Lang’s “Listening Power” being inferior to Chu Lan Tian’s “listening power” and thus unable to catch Yuan Xing’s attack. Si Lang’s stunned for a while when Yuan Xing countered his Tai Ji, that’s when Yuan Xing strikes Si Lang’s chest thus defeating him.
Explanation of Short and Listening Power said:
From http://www.denner.org/reinhard/neijia/index.html
-Listening Power
Peng is considered also as the audible energy because it is through peng that one can listen to the opponents body.
As the student develops the core peng strength, work is begun on building a good connection and communication between student and opponent. Through the aid of practice to increase sensitivity, the student can precisely detect the opponent's power, cent er of gravity, direction, pressure, etc., as if actually hearing the vibrations.
Understanding Power (Tong Jing) motivation, one can continue developing and advancing listening ability to the stage of under standing power. In other words, the mind becomes able to analyze and measure the pressure, directior character, speed, force, etc., of the opponent's movements in order to be able to cope with them properly.
- Chuen Jing
Sometimes called short-power.... the ability to release great power with very little motion.
http://www.willamette.edu/~jlaronge/seven.html describes short power as the practice of releasing a huge amount of energy and vibrations in a very small space.
http://www.clearstaichi.com/chi-energy/ting-jing-listening-energy-1134.html Honestly, i feel that this website describes Listening Power better.
-Ever since Wudang sect started to challenge different sects, other then having their members being killed off by ‘hunter’ they have never lost. And now that they have just lost a big battle in front of so many Wu Lin fighters, they are feeling an indescribable anger. Jiao Hong Ye immediately attacks Yuan Xing, and Jing Lie interferes. Li Dong then joins in the fight. Gui Dan Lei then says that this isn’t the 1st time Jing Lie is fighting with a Wudang disciple and it isn’t the first time Jing Lie has seen Tai Ji. Dan Lei deduces that Jing Lie is the “hunter”. Yin Chuan & co are surprised, they can’t believe that Jing Lie has the experience of fighting with Wudang sect disciples and that Wudang sect is paying such attention to Jing Lie.

-Gui Lei and Yin Chuan intend to join in the fight. But that’s when Qing Tong’s man announced the location of Lian Zhou.Gui Lei decides to head to Lian Zhou’s location. At first he is worried about Si Lang, but Si Lang decides to stay behind. Si Lang says that he lost in a fair match, and that he should have died. Yuan Xing stays while Jing Lie & co leaves. Yuan Xing says that the reason he left Shaolin Mt is to kill Wudang disciples or to get killed by them. Yuan Xing did not kill Si Lang and leaves.

-Back to the brothel. Tian Bao suggests that they wait for the western group before attacking. Qing Tong asked Dai Kui if Lian Zhou is poisoned. Dai Kui doesn’t reply. Qing Tong asked Dai Kui if he wants to avenge Wen Qiong’s death. Dai Kui replies saying that it was Qing Tong who caused Wen Qiong’s death. Qing Tong then says that he did this for Xin Yi Sect. Dai Kui then replies saying that Lian Zhou does indeed looked like he was poisoned. Qing Tong then lies to everyone else saying that Lian Zhou has internal injuries from his battle on Mt Hua, and that they should seize this chance and capture him.

- At this moment Xiao Yan walked out of the brothel carrying Hua Qiao and Lian Zhou’s sword. Xiao Yan then says that Lian Zhou intents to trade his sword for the antidote for Hua Qiao’s use. And that this situation does not affect outsiders, after Hua Qiao is saved he will be waiting for them to settle this business. Dai Kui feels ashamed that Lian Zhou is willing to sacrifice his sword for the life of an innocent girl, while he is leading many men to take advantage of Lian Zhou’s condition to attack him. Dai Kui did not take Lian Zhou’s sword and gave the antidote to Hua Qiao. After this conversation, Dong Chao and Tian Bao finally understand that Lian Zhou is not suffering not internal injuries but rather from poison. Qing Tong snatches the sword and says that the alliance should attack Lian Zhou now. Qing Tong gets two of his men to capture Xiao Yan ,but Yan Heng interferes allowing Xiao Yan to return back to the brothel.( Yan Heng is reminded of Xiao Li, who like Xiao Yan are innocent ladies who are caught up in Wu Lin’s battles).

- Initially Qing Tong doesn’t want to join in the assault. But one of Xin Yi sect’s people asked him to join. Tian Bao, Yan Heng ,Dong Chao and a few Mi Zong sect people decides to attack from the roof. However before they could reach, Fan Zong shoots out 2 broken tiles. Killing 1 of the 2 Mi Zong sect people. He announces that whoever who comes up here will die. Fan Zong has 6 short swords on him.

- The novel states that people who uses concealed weapons ( like Fan Zong) usually use it in ambush or sneak attack thus having a higher chance of hitting the enemy. But in a situation like this , the enemy is already in high alert .The effective killing range would be within 4 to 7 steps, too far it can be blocked or dodged, too near and the enemy would be within (weapons,fist,legs)striking distance. As Dong Chao and Fan Zong advances towards each other, Dong Chao is counting the number of steps between them. But Fan Zong releases the tiles when they still more then 10 steps away from each other. At that point in time Dong Chao was intending to attack Fan Zong, thus he thought that he couldn’t dodge it. Instead he smashes 1 tile with his whip while the other narrowly misses his chest. Dong Chao is surprised that Fan Zong’s attack would be so hard to dodge even though they are more then 10 steps apart.

-Wudang’s Shou She division people are specialized in information gathering and qing gong, but are rather weak in martial arts. But there are some in Shou She who are also skilled in martial arts , known as the “ He She” (Brown Snake) of Shou She . They are nurtured by the previous Wudang Leader and don the brown uniform. The group of less then 10 people is tasked with inspecting the security around Wudang Mt. However the previous Wudang Leader’s real purpose of nurturing them is to create an assassin group to be used as an emergency/desperate measure should Wudang sect meet with an unthinkable threat.
Note: Bing Ya can be literally translated to Soldier Crow. Shou She can be translated to first snake. Zhen Gui can be literally translated as Town Turtle.

- Dong Chao continues moving forward. When they are 8 steps apart, Fan Zong releases 2 more tiles, 1 being destroyed by Dong Chao’s whip with the other slashing his right thigh. When they are 5 steps apart, Fan Zong jumps up and intents to releases his 1st flying sword, with Dong Chao intending to sacrifice his right arm to block the attack. Right at this moment Tian Bao releases his concealed weapon (a 7 inch black iron nail) , Fan Zong decides to catch the iron nail with his left palm and release his flying sword at Dong Chao. If Fan Zong didn’t attack Dong Chao, he would be in a disadvantageous position when he land (He would be too near to Dong Chao).The flying sword pierces through Dong Chao right shoulder, back and even leaving a hole at the roof tile. Tian Bao is described to be an old pugilist who is even more proficient in using concealed weapons.

-Tian Bao is watching Fan Zong’s hand for any movement. But Fan Zong kicks out a roof tile before releasing another flying sword. Tian Bao is thinking that the tile is distraction, he intends to strike the tile with his sword, dodging the flying sword before releasing his iron nail. But his deduction was wrong, the flying sword hits the tile , shattering it and thus blocking Tian Bao’s vision. That’s when Fan Zong releases another flying sword. However Yan Heng strikes it with his sword before the flying sword reaches Tian Bao. Fan Zong recognizes that Yan Heng is holding on to a Wudang sword.Dong Chao and 3 of his martial arts junior use this chance to attack Fan Zong. Dong Chao manages to make a hole on the roof top, making Fan Zong angry. Fan Zong releases 2 flying swords to kill 2 Mi Zong sect guys. Fan Zong plucks out 1 of his flying swords from the dead body and use it to kill a 3rd Mi Zong sect guy. Tian Bao releases 2 iron nails, with 1 hitting Fan Zong’s left thigh. As Fan Zong falls, Tian Bao releases his 3 final iron nails with 2 hitting his left shoulder and palms. Fan Zong releases his last flying sword, Tian Bao blocks it and it returns to Fan Zong.( The sword hilt is linked to the handle via a chain). Tian Bao is astonished that 1 Wudang disciple can be so hard to subdue. Fan Zong is in really bad condition.Tian Bao grabs Fan Zong’s right wrist while Dong Chao uses his whip to prevent Fan Zong from escaping. Tian Bao calls out to Yan Heng to kill Fan Zong. But Yan Heng is wondering if it is the right thing to do. As he strikes, he imagines his master beside him. He wonders if his master would wants him to take revenge in such a manner, and if his master were in his position would he strike down Fan Zong?

- Yan Heng recalls a time on Qing Cheng Mt when he was 13. He remembers his martial art 2nd eldest senior telling him that learning the way of the sword is to be honest with yourself. It’s about sincerity. Yan Heng did not kill Fan Zong. He believes that his master would never kill an enemy in such condition. Before sheathing his sword, he draws a line of blood on Fan Zong’s left chest. Thinking that Yan Heng killed Fan Zong, Dong Chao and Tian Bao releases their grip. Fan Zong attacks the both of them with the iron nails. Yan Heng did not regret not killing Fan Zong. Fan Zong then retreats to the highest place on the roof.

-Yan Heng and Dong Chao fights for a while before saying that Yan Heng is a spy from Wudang sect. However Tian Bao doesn’t believe him. They continue fighting while 7 Mi Zong sect disciples (who climbed up the wall) join in the fight.6 out of 7 of them have never been trained fighting in groups, they’re all fighting with their own style. Tong Qing arrives and helps out Yan Heng. Yan Heng manages to injure some of them. Tian Bao tries to stop some them but the Mi Zong sect people refuse to stop after seeing people from their side getting injured. Fan Zong uses 1 of the iron nails and kills one of the person who is fighting Tong Qing. With this action the Mi Zong sect people are thinking that there is no doubt that Tong Qing and Yan Heng are from Wudang. But the reason Fan Zong is doing this is because that person is quite near to the hole at the rooftop, he’s afraid that someone will jump in and assault Lian Zhou. Tong Qing then accidentally drops into the hole. Yan Heng tries to dash through and jumps into the hole but Dong Chao & co are attacking him. Hu Ling Lan arrives on horse and fires a couple of arrows at Dong Chao & co thus saving Yan Heng. Ling Lan tells Yan Heng to go after Tong Qing while she take care of the rest. Fan Zong throws a tile at Yan Heng when he is running to the hole , but Tian Bao blocks that attack.

- At the east part of Xi An Fu, there’s an old man riding on a horse. He is carrying a sword,blade, metal fan, metal chain( at the head of the metal chain is metal claws), 4 flying knives with red cloth tied to the hilt, metal boxing gloves and a rod. Behind him are 4 people who are following him; 2 male, 2 female. They are wearing similar clothing and carry many weapons, though not as much as the old man. Among the 4 newcomers, 3 of them are young while 1 female is described as 40+. She refers the old man as her martial arts senior and leader (leader as in sect leader). The old man says he it’s going to be bad if he misses the fight. He doesn’t know where to go and randomly moves off with the others.
Note: The novel never mentions the names of the 5 people and which sect they are from. But readers should be able to deduce that they are from Kong Tong sect. Namely because
1) in novel 3 Kong Tong sect is describe as a sect which specialize in learning many typess of weapons, and its famous martial art technique is the Eight Greats.
2) In novel 3, Qing Tong did mention that Kong Tong sect leader is coming. The woman refers the old as leader. Connect all the dots and it should be obvious.

-Tong Qing arrives outside the room. She hears a voice telling her not to move around. She sees Lian Zhou sitting down, holding on to a sword that belonged to one of the dead Xin Yi sect people. Tong Qing saw Lian Zhou moving away from the chair and towards her. She practically closed her eyes and tries to stabs at Lian Zhou, but she misses. She then feels a strange force at her elbow and wrists, after which Lian Zhou snatches the sword away from her. Lian Zhou stares at her curiously; that she can catch his movement even in such conditions. Lian Zhou keeps coughing and Tong Qing finally realized that he has been poisoned. Lian Zhou recognizes the Wudang sword that Tong Qing is carrying and declares that if she leaves the bed, she will die.

-A couple of Xin yi sect people(previously from downstairs) decides to attack Lian Zhou. Lian Zhou kills some of them using Wudang Form sword technique. Lin Hong Yi( Xin Yi Sect)feels excited when his attack meets 1 of Lian Zhou’s attack head on; he believes that Lian Zhou is indeed suffering from internal injuries because from that attack he can guage that Lian Zhou’s hand strength is weak. If Lian Zhou was in normal condition he could have easily killed Hong Yi. But Lian Zhou is so deeply poisoned that he even has problem standing steadily; half of his body feels numb. And so Wudang Form sword technique is Lian Zhou’s only choice of attack. Tong Qing is stunned as she looked at the fight, this is the first time she has seen such experts in a death fight. She understands that even if your strength is inferior to your enemy, you can use such a technique to defeat your enemy. Lian Zhou slices off Hong Yi right finger, forcing his sword off his hands.

-Yan Heng drops down into the room. Lian Zhou quickly engages him, because the place where Yan Heng is going to land is only a few steps away from Xiao Yan. Lian Zhou doesn’t want Xiao Yan to be harmed. After 1 strike Yan Heng and Lian Zhou both lands in front of the girl that they want to protect. Then they start fighting, at this moment Yan Heng isn’t fighting for revenge but rather to protect Tong Qing. Lian Zhou feels that he would want to die if he, Wudang Sect leader can’t even protect a girl. As the fight goes on, Yan Heng gets a boost in his confidence knowing that he is still fighting with the invincible Yao Lian Zhou. That’s when Yan Heng starts to get more daring in his attacks. If Lian Zhou were in his normal condition, he would have easily countered the attack in at least 6 ways. But now when their swords meet, he could barely hold on to his sword. To a martial arts expert, knowing how to do something but having your body not being able to do it is humiliating. Feeling angry, Lian Zhou switches to Wudang Flying Dragon Sword technique (having the strongest attack power among all Wudang sword techniques). But Yan Heng blocks it using both of his swords. Lian Zhou used up all his energy on that attack and falls on the chair. Yan Heng did not continue his attack because he saw that Lian Zhou is coughing non-stop, his blood keeps bleeding , the grey layer on his face have gotten deeper and that he has no strength to carry his sword. Yan Heng is stunned but Tong Qing explains that Lian Zhou is poisoned. Then Yan Heng understands what Qing Tong has done .

-Lian Zhou tries to lift up his sword, but Xiao Yan tells him that it’s Yan Heng who saved her while she was outside. Knowing that Yan Heng won’t harm Xiao Yan, Lian Zhou looked more peaceful. Qing Tong ask Yan Heng why he didn’t kill Lian Zhou .( As of now, Qing Tong is outside the room) Actually Yan Heng have already made up his mind when he did not kill Fan Zong. He decided that as a true Qing Cheng disciple he will use his use his own strength in an upright way to defeat Wudang sect. Lian Zhou isn’t surprised by Yan Heng’s actions. He understands what’s going through Yan Heng’s head since they are both warriors. Fan Zong returns. Lian Zhou ask him not to kill Yan Heng.

-Tian Bao ask Dong Chao to stop fighting, saying that he doesn’t believe that Yan Heng is a spy. Ling Lan tries to enter the hole to help out Yan Heng and Tong Qing ( Ling Lan remembers that in the hole lies the strongest fighter in Wudang Sect), but got stopped by Dong Chao. That’s when the 5 Wudang sect disciples appear from the west. Xi Xiao Yan jumps up to the rooftop. While Chen Dai Xin(wielding a long sword) brings Tang Liang( carrying dual swords) and Fu Yuan Ba(carrying a Zhan Ma Po Blade, similar to the blade that Li San Yang was carrying) and heads towards the brothel. Tian Bao intercepts Xi Xiao Yan. Xi Xiao Yan intends to punch Tian Bao. Tian Bao gets ready and is judging the distance between the 2 of them. But everyone is surprised when Tian Bao got hit by Xi Xiao Yan; the 2 of them are too far apart and should be outside of each other’s punching distance. Tian Bao got hit in the chest and is spewing out blood. Xi Xiao Yan’s right arm is actually longer then its knees and is hanging beside his calf.

-Somewhere in Xi An Fu, there are 6 big monks walking at a very fast pace. There is a 7th monk who is old and skinny riding on 1 of the monks’ shoulder. The 6 monks are carrying copper fist-wrist armor.

-Back to Dan Gui Lei & co. Behind them are the western group. When they reach a pretty narrow street, Gui Lei tells the others to go without him while he takes care of the western group. The others ain’t worried about Gui Lei. (Not sure if I have mentioned this before but Dan Gui Lei is considered senior to the other wudang fighters who were with him. And he has both the yin and yang symbol of the Tai Qi symbol on his shirt. IIRC you have to learn both the soft and hard techniques to have the full symbol on your shirt) Behind him, the western group stopped. Jing Lie uses his spear head to help him jump on the rooftop and starts running past Gui Lei. Even though Jing Lie is interested in Gui Lei’s powers, he is worried about Tong Qing and Yan Heng. While running past Gui Lei , Jing Lie tells him that he wants to go first , Gui Lei says that they will meet later on. Gui Lei never expected to be able to stop everyone here. If Gui Lei allow Jing Lie to past and if Jing Lie gangs on him at the back with Ying Chuan at the front, Gui Lei would be at a disadvantage. But somehow Gui Lei believes that Jing Lie wouldn’t do such a thing.Ying Chuan is then preparing to fight against Gui Lei. Gui Lei’s palms have got lots of scars, they come from the countless times he spent training using his bare hands to catch weapons.

- Back to Xi Xiao Yan. It’s revealed that his right arm has 2 elbow joints. The reason Xi Xiao Yan and Xi Zhao Ping have such weird features is because of their father. Their father is from Wu Yi Religion. He has 4 wives, when ever 1 of them is pregnant , he would feed her a special medicine thus giving birth to children with weird features. His purpose is to create gifted warriors for Wu Yi Religion. His wives got pregnant for a total of 14 times, 5 times stillbirth occurred, out of the other 9 who did not, 7 of them couldn’t live past 2 years old. The 4 wives died due to the medicine, leaving only Xi Xiao yan and his brother. When Xi Zhao Ping was 5 years old, Wu Yi Religion was destroyed by Wudang Sect. Their father is one of the few survivors who defect to Wudang Sect. 3 years later their father died due to illness. Both brothers are trained in martial arts to learn techniques that other people cannot learn.

-Many people are pondering what kind of strike Xi Xiao Yan is capable of using with such an arm.( He is now wielding a blade) He manages to kill 1 Mi Zong Sect guy with just 1 simple strike. Xi Xiao Yan actually has the criteria to learn Tai Ji Fist. But he is too hotheaded, thus there is little improvement in the area of “Listening Power” and Soft Technique. Instead he completely mastered the hard technique. He is the total opposite of Si Lang. On his shirt he has the yang symbol of the Tai Qi Symbol. Despite being young, he is one of the top 3 on Wudang Mt in terms of hard power. Ling Lan manages to block Xi Xiao Yan’s attack. He is very surprised, ever since he perfected his “Yang Ji Blade Technique” this is the first time someone block his full force attack. Not to mention it’s a woman.

Ling Lan feels a little numb after taking Xi Xiao Yan’s hit. From young Ling Lan have been training with her brothers. Each one of them is fit. As a woman she is suppose to be learning agile blade techniques to contend with them, but she follows her brothers into learning the hard techniques. She is shocked by Xi Xiao Yan’s superior blade power, not to mention he is only single handedly holding on to his blade. Previously the only person who could shock her like this was Jing Lie.

The End

Last edited:

maxikki

Reaction score
Country
United States
thank u for the summary

---------- Post added May 06, 2012 at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was April 28, 2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

chapter 20 translated is out!

hdiuy

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Novel vol 5
To prevent confusion, I will write Yin Xiao Yan as Xiao Yan while Xi Xiao Yan is still Xi Xiao Yan. I realize that while reading this and the previous few summaries, there are sentences which may sound weird and may not have the same structure as the previous few sentences. It's because sometimes I'm just summarizing while there would be times when I'm just directly translating it off the book.

I will like to talk about certain seniority terms in Wuxia stories. For example the term Shi Xiong, some people translate it as martial arts (elder) brother. It's not wrong but i feel that people who don't know chinese might not understand its full meaning. So i figured i wanna clear it up.

Here are some examples:
Shi Fu- Master
Shi Xiong - Male, Senior. Some people translate it as Martial arts (elder) brother
Shi Di- Male, Junior. Some people translate it as Martial arts (younger) brother
Shi Mei- Female, Junior. Some people translate it as Martial arts (younger sister)
Shi Su- Male, Master's Junior . Some people translate it as Martial arts uncle.
Shi Bo- Male, Master's Senior. Some people translate it as Martial arts uncle.
Tai Shi Fu- Grandmaster ; master's master.
Tai Shi Su- Grandmaster's Junior

Previously i mistakes regarding Han Tian Bao and Mt Hua elders' description. Han Tian Bao is Dong Chao's Shi Su. When i was translating i seem to have forgotten that Shi Bo existed >.> So i just put it as junior/senior. The same goes to the 2 elders of Hua Mt Sect, both of them are Tai Shi Su of the current generation of Hua Mt Sect disciples.

For people who don't read wuxia, the term concealed weapon is probably confusing. An Qi (concealed weapon) doesn't necessarily means the weapon has to be hidden. The weapon can be in plain sight, it is usually small and that the speed at which the weapon is thrown will be very fast thus taking the enemy by surprise or/and making them hard to dodge.

- Story takes us 10 years before the series, when Jing Lie was 15 years old. Back then Jing Lie’s name is Jing Lie (Both Lie have the same pronunciation but they are both different words). At that time, his adopted father Jing Zhao is the leader of Nan Hai Hu Zhun Sect. He has an older brother Jing Yue (not blood related). 15 years old Jing Zhao found an abandoned infant and thus adopted the baby. That baby is Jing Lie. Jing Lie is only allowed to learn Nan Hai Hu Zhun Sect at the age of 11 compared to Jing Yue’s 5. Jing Lie is always wondering if his father (at that point in time Jing Zhao doesn’t allow Jing Lie to call him Step Father or Father) don’t like him, and if his father doesn’t like him why bring him back and raise him? The reason Jing Zhao doesn’t like Jing Lie is because of an incident which happened when Jing Lie was 2 years old. There was once when he was 2, he was carrying a short wooden sword that should have been too heavy for him. He was wielding it in a position that would allow him to exert all of his strength in a strike. Back then Jing Zhao has decided to not teach martial arts to Jing Lie. As Jing Lie grows older, he is like a monkey who can’t sit still. Be it climbing trees, swimming, jumping rope etc etc, when it comes to activities that require physical strength and co-ordination, he is able to learn them after playing a while with the other kids. Everyone in the sect knows that Jing Zhao wants Jing Yue to be the next leader. Initially when Jing Zhao brought Jing Lie home, all he wanted was a family member to be his son’s assistant. Many people have left Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect because of Jing Zhao’s selfishness. However to the outsiders it would be weird if Jing Lie doesn’t know any Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect martial arts and many disciples have also voiced out their opinion. Thus, 4 years ago Jing Zhao reluctantly accepts Jing Lie into Nan Hu Hai Zhun Sect. However Jing Zhao has only taught Jing Lie the etiquette of starting a fist fight; he did not teach any martial arts to Jing Lie. Instead he left Jing Lie in Pei Ren Ying (his junior) care. Jing Lie is described as being able to learn new knowledge and skills faster than a paper can absorb water. Pei Ren Ying is described as being one of the worst disciples (in terms martial art skills) of his generation. Knowing that he does not have the talent and the physique , Pei Ren Ying relies heavily on his eyes and brain. He is always observing how people fight and train. When he learns a technique that isn't suitable for him, he will try his very best to think on how to make it suitable to him. Even if in the end he doesn't succeed ,he will gain something new in the process of analyzing. From the very first day when Ren Ying started teaching Jing Lie, Ren Ying said to Jing Lie not to become his father or Ren Ying. But rather to open his eyes and to learn whatever that he feels is worthy to learn and to transform them into his. To a person who is just starting to learn martial arts, this is a wrong method of teaching as the person may confuse himself or grow to have a insatiable covetousness . But Jing Lie is different, in just a short 4 years even his growth stunned Pei Ren Ying.

- There are 4 famous sects in Fu Jian, Quan Province: Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect, Mt Ling Sect, Fu Jian De Tang Men and Min Jiao Sect. Right now there is a 4th Da Lei Jiao Yi ( Da Lei Exchange) About 20 years ago, each of the 4 sects gather before the fights to determine how many wins and losses each sect should have in this event. As a result, it becomes 'fake fighting'. (So as not to harm relations between the sects). This time round it has been discussed that each sect will have 1 win and
3 losses. Currently Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect already have 1 win ( previously Jing Yue won 1 match). This is the first time Jing Lie will be fighting in this event. The reason Jing Zhao allows his JIng Lie to enter is to test if Jing Lie will listen to his orders. ( Jing Zhao put him in a match where he is suppose to lose). Jing Lie then fights (without body armor) with 1 Mt Ling sect guy who is 28 years old. Throughout the fight, Jing Lie uses techniques from the other sects to defeat the other guy. Jing Lie watched the fights in previous seasons' Da Lei Jiao Yi, which is why he knows those techniques.

- After the event, Pei Ren Ying goes to find Jing Lie. Jing Lie thought that he has been kicked out of Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect, but he was wrong. Ren Ying said that though the other 3 sects have gathered in Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect demanding that his father hand him over. ( Mt Ling sect is pissed that Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect did not follow the agreement of 1 win & 3 losses, while the other 2 sects are pissed that Jing Lie 'stole' their martial arts.) His father did not do that and even kowtow to them, asking them to give him a chance. And that Jing Zhao will make sure Nan Hai Hu ZHun Sect will lose 5 matches so that Jing Lie can stay in Quan Province. However they disagree, and said that he broke the 20+ years rule and in the future if they ever see Jing Lie, they will beat him up. And that if his father kick him out of Nan Hai Hu ZHun sect, everything will be fine. However his father refuse. Pei Ren Ying says that his father is also a fighter he must have left guilty for having suppressed a talented child's growth. And after the fight his father he finally saw his selfishness and how funny it was to Nan Hai Hu Zhun Sect and to the way of the martial arts. But Jing Lie has already decided to go to the 'outside' world to continue chasing the way of the martial arts via a boat. Ren Ying gives Jing Lie his sword. Jing Lie then promises that one day he will bring back new martial arts and he will make Nan Hai Hu Zhun Sect the strongest sect in the world. Jing Lie then change his "Lie" character to another "Lie" character, which incorporated Pei Ren Ying's surname's character.

- 4 years after leaving. Shi Xing Hao led some of Wudang sect disciples and destroyed Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect(killing his father and Pei Ren Ying), Mt Ling Sect and Fu Jian De Tang Men, while Min Jiao Sect surrendered. 5 years later , Jing Lie returned . Despite feeling angry , he is feeling excited because he knows that there is "Wudang Sect', which such a high mountain waiting for him to challenge them.

- Back to the current events. At the brothel, no one dares to attack the 3 Wudang fighters who have just arrived. Qing Tong keeps thinking of a way out and tries very hard to keep a calm face. Keeping his voice to a minimum (he doesn't want the people who are upstairs to hear him) he asks the 3 Wudang fighters to go to the street outside, and that later on he will send someone to negotiate. His plan is to buy time for the western group to arrive. However Chen Dai Xin sneered at him.Qing Tong then waves Lian Zhou's sword saying that don't they understand what he is saying? And continues saying that they are too late.Dai Xin smiled and ask Fu Yuan Ba to recite the 3 big commandments of Wudang Sect.

The rough meaning of the 3 commandments:

1) People of Wudang Sect should keep training day and night , having no thoughts of life and death so as to reach the pinnacle of martial arts.

2) If one hits an obstacle or meets a challenger, one must not be afraid and must be merciless. Be it god, Buddha, the devil or magic, one must use its utmost to kill, so as to prove that Wudang is invincible.

3) One must not be tempted by fame and wealth, must not be tied down by anything, to find the road between heaven and earth.

Note: Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but Lian Zhou's sword is called the Shan Bei Sword.

- Chen Dai Xin mentions that if Lian Zhou is in Qing Tong's hands , Qing Tong can kill Lian Zhou if he wants. However after killing Lian Zhou they will not walk out of here alive. Qing Tong is stunned and doesn't believe what Yuan Ba just said. He says didn't they come here to protect him after travelling such a long distance? And that he doesn't believe they will watch their Leader die in front of their eyes. Dai Xin then says that as long as the situation isn't hopeless, they will try their best. But there is a difference between trying their very best and going against their beliefs. And that if Lian Zhou really dies today then there is nothing that can be done about it. Wudang Sect will then have another leader. After hearing all these , Qing Tong drops his facade . He then realizes that lying has its limits, and there would be a time when it is useless. Dai Xin then ask Qing Tong to get out.

- Lian Zhou & co heard the commandments recited by Yuan Ba. Fan Zong tells Yan Heng to use this opportunity to leave since their reinforcements have arrived. Yan Heng could hear the sound of 2 blades clashing on the roof. He knows that one of them belongs to Ling Lan, he decides that at this point in time, the safety of a comrade is more important than revenge. Yan Heng looks into Lian Zhou's eyes and tells Lian Zhou that one day he will defeat Wudang in a upright manner. Lian Zhou returns the Wudang sword that he snatched from Tong Qing back to her, saying that he is lending her the sword.

- As Yan Heng and Tong Qing are leaving, Lian Zhou is thinking about what Tong Qing did a while ago; back then when Lian Zhou snatched the sword from Tong Qing using Tai Ji Fist, she is capable of counter attacking with that 1 strike. By right she should not be able to even see a shadow, but not only did she saw Lian Zhou's movement, she even had that reaction. Lian Zhou wonders if she deliberately hides her keeping-sword ability or there are more reasons... Tong Qing grabs Lian Zhou's shirt( the one that is hanging outside with the 14 words) ,made a comic face to Lian Zhou & Fan Zong before leaving.

- Back to the Wudang disciples whom Gui Dan Lei asks to leave without him. While they are rushing to the brothel, they meet the old man riding on a horse. They nearly hit the rider . Enraged, Li Dong tries to attack the old man with his spear. Without even turning his head, the old man draws his metal fan and blocks the attack. Li Dong is shocked that the old man is a strong enemy. The metal fan doesn't look light and the old man is only using his wrist to move it around like how a scholar would be taking a paper fan and fan himself.

-Back to Gui Dan Lei Vs Ying Chuan. Novel describes the various definition of a 'martial arts expert'.

To Yin Ying Chuan, a true 'martial arts expert' is someone who has the confidence to defeat any enemy at any time and condition. And Ying Chuan believes that he is someone with such capabilities. But to believe and to prove it are two different things.

There's a saying: "A famous teacher trains a fine student." . An expert may be able to train a good disciple, but what about the future generations? Martial arts maybe able to be passed down without any problems. But the expert's battle experience and Xin Fa will have difficulties passing down. (Egscans translate Xin Fa as method. Read about it at http://readonline.egscans.com/Blood_and_Steel/Chapter_013/9) the first generation might be able to learn it well, but for the future generations it will slowly degenerate into assumptions and imaginations as such knowledge must be experienced by oneself. Future generations can accumulate such experience through battles. However, famous sects like Eight Trigram Sect already have such a reputation that outsiders wouldn't dare to offend them. There are actually very few people who dare to challenge them. And because of gradation of etiquette with social/WuLin status, it is not simple for disciples of big sects to challenge another big sect disciple . This is exactly Ying Chuan's problem. There are sparring sessions within the sect, but how can it compare with a life & death matches or a fight when you're gambling on your sect's reputation.As the younger brother of the current Eight Trigram Sect Leader and having trained many famous disciples, many Wu Lin people regard him as a 'martial arts expert'. However, Ying Chuan isn't satisfied. Despite learning martial arts for 40 years , Ying Chuan don't have a chance to prove himself .Because of Eight Trigram Sect reputation ,he has only fought in life and death fights and has only killed 6 people and all of them are not even comparable to his fighting level. And now finally, he has a chance to prove himself.

Note: Actually for the " of gradation of etiquette with social/WuLin status" part, the word's literal translation would be etiquette, but I feel like that if it's just translated into 'etiquette' there would be some stuff lost in translation . Its kinda hard to explain so I tried to figure something out and searched around the internet and got the 7 words.

- Gui Dan Lei won't allow Wudang Sect to lose this battle. Back then, Si Lang had already lost to Yuan Xing, it would be a great humiliation if he were to lose here. Ying Chuan wants to prove himself as a expert but like all Wudang disciples, Dan Lei seeks invincibility.

- Ying Chuan tells the rest not to move without his orders. Ying Chuan(wielding his blade, which is about 1.4m long) Vs Dan Lei(empty handed). . Gui Lei’s palms have many scars, they come from the countless times he spent training using his bare hands to catch weapons. The latest scar originated 5 years ago, since then there isn't any weapons that could hurt his palms. Ying Chuan deeply believes that there is nothing that he cannot cut. Dan Lei evaluates that in such a narrow street, Ying Chuan can only do 3 types of attack : thrust, downwards slash and upwards slash. However Ying Chuan stuns Dan Lei by doing a horizontal slash; he grabs the blade in his chest , with the back of the blade resting on his right shoulder. Ying Chuan keeps spinning forward, forcing Dan Lei to retreat. Ying Chuan keeps using his 'Ye Zhan Lao Ba Dao' technique ( Night Battle Old 8 Blade Technique). As the battle continues, Ying Chuan keeps forcing Dan Lei to retreat. Ying Chuan knows that the moment he forces Dan Lei out of the alley and into an open area, the rest of his forces can head towards the brothel or to attack Dan Lei. But Dan Lei knows that he cannot allow himself to be forced out of the alley, otherwise he would have failed his objective. Dan Lei allows himself to drop on the floor and aims a kick at Ying Chuan. But Ying Chuan spins even faster and jumps over the attack. Ying Chuan then aims a kick at Dan Lei, but Dan Lei attempts to grabs Ying Chuan right leg to use Tai Ji Fist to secure his victory. However as Ying Chuan's blade hits into the wall, he uses it as support to retract his right leg and uses his left leg to kick Dan Lei. Dan Lei uses his right chest to absorb the impact and rolls backwards. With only 5 more steps to the end of the alley, Ying Chuan grabs his blade and intents to finish the fight with 1 final downwards slash.

-Back to Ling Lan Vs Xi Xiao Yan. Mi Zong Sect's people retreats. Xi Xiao Yan says that Ling Lan is beautiful. From young, Xi Xiao Yan has never spoken to a single woman thus, he is just speaking from his heart. Hua Qiao wakes up. Qing Tong & co exits from the brothel, they no longer have Lian Zhou' sword. After clashing swords with Xi Xiao Yan, he manages to force Ling Lin's Nodachi flying out of her hand.

-Back to Dan Lei vs Ying Chuan. Dan Lei uses his palms to catch the incoming attack and uses "Tai Ji Fist - Yun Shou(Cloud Hand)" to utilize Tai Ji's Hua Jin ( neutralizing power). Ying Chuan then remembers the advice that Jing Lie gave to Yuan Xing on using Short Power. But Ying Chuan has already put all of his strength on this strike and cannot change his attack. He can only hope that his blade strike will be faster than Tai Ji's Neutralizing power. Dan Lei manages to guide the blade to floor but in the process his left ear was sliced off, a big part of his flesh on his left shoulder and upper arm got slashed away. Using Tai Ji 13 posture's Kao Jin, Dan Lei uses his right shoulder and elbow to hit Ying Chuan ,sending him flying nearly 10 feet away. Enraged, the 8 Trigram sect people starts attacking Dan Lei. Because of the narrow alley, not all of them can gang on Dan Lei; at most 3 people are standing side by side . With the front 3 people being defeated, the people at the back decides to push the people in the front . In the end they managed to push Dan Lei out of the narrow alley and surround him. ( There are about 70-80 people surrounding Dan Lei) Dan Lei is bleeding profusely. Many of them attacked Dan Lei at the same time. When Dan Lei is fighting off the 3th wave of attack, 42 people approaches them. The 42 people consists of Jiang Yun Lan , a Shou She division disciple and 40 other "Wai Shan (Outer Mountain) Disciples" (basically they are people whose sect surrendered to Wudang Sect). Before returning to Wudang Mt, Yun Lan heard about the news regarding Lian Zhou and so he gathered people and rush straight towards here.Yun Lan knows that the Wai Shan Disiciples are here unwillingly and are weaker then the western group. But the western group don't know that and even though the western group still have more people than the Wudang group, they are afraid to attack .

Note: I googled Kao Jin and got 2 explanations:
1) Body strike within shoulder distance
2) Kao Jin also used in close range fighting. Kao is using any part of your body to bump your opponent off balance. You can bump with your shoulders, head, arm, chest, back, hips, knees, etc. to disrupt you opponent’s base and set up a striking attack, lock or throw

-Ying Chuan then walks out of the alley being supported by someone. At this point in time, Ying Chuan is very pale , his chest bone and half of his ribs are fractured. Dan Lei is badly injured .Dan Lei asks Ying Chuan if he still wants to continue fighting. Ying Chuan replies saying that if it was 10 years ago, his blade would have definitely killed Dan Lei first. Dan Lei replies saying that perhaps so, but 10 years ago he hasn't started learning 'Tai Ji Fist'. Ying Chuan is stunned and looked a little ashamed. Ying Chuan then orders the rest to pick up the dead and leave. He then says that they will never sit and wait for death, they will gather all the 8 trigram sect disciples in the world and fight Wudang Sect to a death match.

- Previously Xi Xiao Yan used so much force that his right leg went through the roof tiles. Tong Qing and Yan Heng arrives. Tong Qing passes Long Ji ( Dragon Thorn. Remember the Qing Cheng Sect long sword that He Zi Shen passed to Yan Heng) to Yan Heng. After seeing such a sight, the eastern group people find it hard to believe that Yan Heng is from Wudang Sect. The old man then arrives. The old man is none other than Kong Tong Sect Leader, Lian Fei Hong. Kong Tong Sect is known for their "Ba Da Jue" technique ( Many ways of translating it, but I guess I find 8 Greats cool) Qing Tong wants to get into Fei Hong's good books. But Fei Hong ignores him, asking if the fight have already ended. Then he notices that there are still people fighting. Jiao Hong Ye and fellow Wudang disciples arrives. Chen Dai Xin exits the brothel to investigate the origins of the sound of the horse's footsteps. Dai Xin then announces that Lian Zhou is okay and tells the rest not to worry. Fan Zong then exits the brothel telling Qing Tong that he owes Lian Zhou something. Qing Tong walks nearer to Fei Hong , but Fei Hong is not even paying attention to Qing Tong. Initially Qing Tong don't understand what Fan Zong is talking about as he has left Shan Bei Sword in the brothel. Qing Tong then understands that Fan Zong is talking about the antidote, and is surprised that Fan Zong knows that he is the one responsible. Even though he feels like he's a dead man , he don't want to resign himself to fate .And so Qing Tong grabs a nearby armed escort man ,slaps that guy saying that that guy has thrown his face.Qing Tong makes it seems as if that guy is responsible. Qing Tong then makes that guy pass the antidote to Fan Zong. Fan Zong isn't fooled by Qing Tong's actions and says that Qing Tong will pay for what he did in the future.

- Xi Xiao Yan gets angry after hearing that Yan Heng is from Qing Cheng Sect. Jing Lie arrives. In the first strike, (wielding his oar and 1 blade)Jing lie intents to block Xi Xiao Yan's attack with one hand while striking Xi Xiao Yan with another. But the instant both of their attacks connect, Jing Lie judges that he is unable to take the attack using only 1 hand and thus switch to block the blow with 2 hands. Jing Lie was forced to take a big step back in order to fully absorb the blow. Both of them are surprised by each other's strength. Xi Xiao Yan Vs Jing Lie. As they are fighting , Qing Tong slips away. The 4 Kong Tong Sect people who were previously with Lian Fei Hong arrives. The 4 people are :
1) Kong Tong Sect's Vice Leader and Lian Fei Hong's junior : Cai Xian Jiao. A female of 40-50 + years old.
The other 3 people are young .
2) Xing Ying, Lian Fei Hong's female disciple
3) Guo Zhong, Cai Xian Jiao's male disciple
4) Bu Sa, Cai Xian Jiao's male disciple.

-Yan Heng, Ling Lan and Tong Qing intents to help Jing Lie out. The moment Jiao Hong Ye mentions to Xi Xiao Yan that Jing Lie is the 'hunter', Xi Xiao Yan gets really angry. After being told that Xi Xiao Yan is Xi Zhao Ping's brother, he taunts Xi Xiao Yan by pointing to a certain scar on his oar which represent Xi Zhao Ping's death. Enraged, Xi Xiao Yan, Li Dong and Jiao Hong Ye attacks Jing Lie. The reason Jing Lie taunts Xi Xiao Yan is because usually when a fighter is angry he will make a wrong decision or use too much strength . As a result, Xi Xiao Yan gets a boost in strength and Jing Lie is having a hard time blocking the attack. Yan Heng and Ling Lan join in the fight. Its Jing Lie, Ling Lan and Yan Heng Vs Xi Xiao Yan, Li Dong and Hong Ye. Though the total battle strength of the Wudang fighters are higher than that of their opponents, they are actually fumbling . Mainly because Jing Lie's team is working together while it's the opposite for the Wudang fighters. Since the battle in Cheng Du, Jing Lie spent a lot of time thinking on how to fight together with Ling Lan and Yan Heng. Even though they have yet to actually practice it, Jing Lie is already planning everything in his head. Coupled with the fact that Jing Lie & Ling Lan are able to understand each other quite well after having fought together once before.On the other hand, the Wudang fighters have rarely trained to fight together which is why they can't fight well as a team. Even though they are fumbling, the wudang fighters are no easy pushovers.Qing Tong is standing one side looking at the fight, ever since she has seen Lian Zhou's strike in the room, she seems to have something extra popping out in her heart, but can't seem to figure it out. At 1 point in time, Lian Fei Hong praise Yan Heng's Qing Cheng Sect Swordplay. Everyone knows that Fei Hong have met He Zhi Sheng before, and after this 1 sentence, people stop believing that Yan Heng is Wudang Sect's spy. The people who are watching such a battle are silent , because of the way the tide keep changing. Firstly its Jing Lie & co who are gaining the upper hand due to their teamwork, but then later on Xi Xiao Yan manages to break Jing Lie & co's formation using his that simple but powerful strike. Then there's the part where Yan Heng and Ling Lan swapping their weapon in the middle of the fight to use tactics to reverse the situation. The spectator are in awe at the way the tides of the battle keep changing.

- Lian Zhou exits the brothel. Lian Zhou is recovering from the poison . The reason Lian Zhou wanted to leave the brothel despite not having fully recovered was because he wanted to see the "hunter". Even though Lian Zhou wants to get rid of Jing Lie, he doesn't want to get rid of Yan Heng today as he feels like he owes Yan Heng one. Seeing Lian Zhou's dilema, Chen Dai Xin volunteers to join the fight. Lian Zhou asks Dai Xin to deliver his Shan Bei sword to Hong Ye ( Previous, Hong Ye's sword got hacked into 2 by Dragon Thorn) Jing Lie asks Tong Qing to leave as he is afraid that he might be unable to protect her now that one more Wudang fighter has entered the fray. But Tong Qing declines.

-Fei Hong jumps to the roof. Xing Ying wonders if Fei Hong will be helping Yan Heng out, considering that Fei Hong is He Zhi Sheng's friend. But Cai Xian Jiao corrects her saying that 20 years ago He Zhi Sheng defeated Fei Hong, and ever since Fei Hong hated He Zhi Sheng. And that Fei Hong won't help Yan Heng out. Fei Hong says that he went up to get a better view of the fight, that's all.

-Xi Xiao Yan keeps using the same strike over and over again. When someone has a strongest killing move, one will be over reliant on it. When an enemy forces that someone into a condition whereby that someone cannot use that move, that is when the enemy will have an opportunity to win. Jing Lie & co intents to stop Xi Xiao Yan from using his attack. Jing Lie realizes Xi Xiao Yan always uses all of his strength to strike, thus the speed of pulling back his blade will be slower. As the Wudang fighters are gaining the upper hand, Tong Qing steps in. Just a while ago, she was thinking about how Lian Zhou uses the smallest amount of force, how he made the finest movement to kill 3 Xin Yi Sect disciples. She saw every movement that Lian Zhou made. Somehow she made a connection with something hiding in her heart. Then she attacks Hong Ye with just a very basic sword strike, she didn't use lots of force and speed , she wasn't even feinting. But rather she aims the sword at a angle and strike at the right moment; slashing Hong Ye's right wrist's tendons when he's going to attack Yan Heng. It was Hong Ye's mistake for ignoring the 2nd commandment , for not killing any enemy that stands in his way. ( Previously Hong Ye ignores Tong Qing) Losing control of his hand, Shan Bei Sword flies out of Hong Ye's hand. Everyone is surprised, though the ones who are the most surprised are those that practiced Wudang Sword Techniques. It's because the trick to the way Tong Qing uses the correct moment and angle to strike is that of the principle of Wudang Four Sword Techniques' highest level of Sword technique, the Wudang Form Sword Technique's Zhui Xing Jie Mai ( Chasing to cut arteries). Lian Zhou remembers what happened back then in the room, and realizes that Tong Qing learned this move just by looking at him. Tong Qing is surprised that she could made such a move. Just as Hong Ye was about to attack her, Fei Hong interferes, stopping Hong Ye's attack.

- Jing Lie and Xi Xiao Yan goes into a very close range combat where Xi Xiao Yan is unable to use his blade techniques. Because of his nature, Xi Xiao Yan neglects soft martial arts techniques like Listening Power, Neutralizing power , grabbing and throwing techniques. Because of Jing Lie's superior grabbing and throwing techniques,Jing Lie manages to make Xi Xiao Yan lose balance and sends him flying off the roof. At this very moment Xi Xiao Yan remembers the last time when he is sparring with his brother. Back then his brother manages to goes into close combat with him and manages to throw him down to the floor. His brother also mentions the very same weakness that he has that Jing Lie exploited. But he didn't listen to his brother .

- Li Dong uses his spear to reach out to Xi Xiao Yan, Xi Xiao Yan grabs the spear while Li Dong, Hon Ye and Dai Xin supports him while he jumps back to the roof. Xi Xiao Yan stares at Jing Lie and Ling Lan, even though he did not suffer any injury he knows that in front of everybody else he has already lost the fight. If it wasn't for his fellow Wudang fighters who helped him out, he would have fallen off the roof and suffered severe injuries. Xi Xiao Yan feels humiliated and dejected. Jing Lie feels that Xi Xiao Yan is the strongest Wudang fighter he has ever fought. He isn't feeling excited just because he won that 1 move by utilizing the terrain. He can't shake off the shocking feeling of Xi Xiao Yan's 'Yang Ji Blade' technique, he feels that he has yet to straight-on counter that technique. Not to mention Xi Xiao Yan isn't dead yet. At this point in time, Jing Lie has got cuts on many parts of his body. Fu Yuan Ba wants to join in the fight. He feels that with Hong Ye's 2 hands injured,and that Fei Hong have joined in the fray (though all he did was to attack Hong Ye when he tried to attack Tong Qing. and he doesn't seem to have intention in helping Jing Lie & co out) Wudang fighters are now fighting 3 on 5, if he were to join in it wouldn't tarnish Wudang Sect's reputation. However Fan Zong retorts saying that protecting Lian Zhou is more important.

-Jiang Yun Lan & co arrive. With so many fellow Wudang people around, Yuan Ba and Tang Lang intent to join in the fight against Jing Lie . However before they could do that, Yuan Xing and 7 Shaolin Monks appeared. Other than the old monk, the rest are wearing their armor. Due to their own martial arts specialty ,each of them have armor on different parts on their body . As the old monk walks forward to speak to Lian Zhou, the other 7 monks are surrounding him, protecting him. The old monk is described as very old (he looks at least 70 years old) and skinny. The old monk is Le Deng, he is a scholar monk elder from Shaolin. Even though he is only a scholar monk, Le Deng is also the Shi Bo of Shaolin's Abbot, Ben Du. He is highly respected in Shaolin. Le Deng says that Shaolin didn't come here to fight with Wudang, but rather to find Yuan Xing (who left Shaolin Mt on his own accord). The non Wudang fighters are disappointed that Shaolin isn't here to help them out. Dong Chao says that how could Shaolin tolerate Wudang's behaviour. Yuan Xing agrees with Dong Chao ,he says that one day when Wudang have destroyed all the other sects they will come to find Shaolin, and when it happens it will already be too late. Le Deng says that he understands Yuan Xing's intention, that Yuan Xing left Shaolin Mt to fight with Wudang. And when Yuan Xing has killed Wudang people or got killed by them, there will be a blood feud between both sects. By then Shaolin will not stand by and do nothing . Le Deng then says that there is no 'Shaolin Sect' but only 'Shaolin Temple'. The reason martial arts was passed down was because
- Martial arts can strengthen their body and spirit thus increasing their energy for their religious practice.
- Martial arts allow the monks to protect the temple from evil do-ers ,bandits etc.
He then continues saying that Shaolin martial arts was created not for the sake of starting a martial arts sect and not for the sake of fighting with people and for WuLin. Lian Zhou says that Le Deng shouldn't say too much rubbish just to say that Shaolin Sect doesn't want to fight with Wudang Sect. Le Deng mentions that if one day ,people entering Shaolin with the purpose of destroying Shaolin, the people of Shaolin will definitely fight them. But until then Shaolin will not compete with the people of WuLin.

- Lian Zhou looks at the surrounding people and says don't they feel shameful? Just because they met with someone stronger than them, they come crying about Wu Lin's Justice , gathering many people to surround him. It's not that he cannot deal with it, but since they used such underhanded tactics (poison), he says to them what's the point of practicing martial arts? He says that only Jing Lie, Yan Heng & co have backbone. Le Deng asks Lian Zhou to give up and repent, and that he may anger even greater forces. Lian Zhou then says that he will be happy to meet a stronger foe who is out to destroy Wudang.

-Lian Zhou then declares that Wudang Sect will stop destroying other sects for 5 years. He says that it would be too meaningless to destroy them now as they are too easy to be destroyed since they are too weak. He gives them 5 years to train and hopes that they would be of challenge then. Everyone is surprised by his decision; even the Wudang fighters. Xiao Yan is jealous when she looks at Ling Lan and Tong Qing; that they can roam the world freely and can take up arms to protect themselves and their friends. Lian Zhou says to Yan Heng that he knows that Yan Heng wouldn't want him to feel like he owes Yan Heng anything. He says that if their roles were reverse he would feel the same way. Jing Lie says that he is from Nan Hai Hu Zhun sect and that Lian Zhou probably wouldn't even know what sect that is . But Lian Zhou says that he remembers every sect that Wudang has destroyed or absorbed. Especially those that has the courage to oppose Wudang. Lian Zhou says that the reason Jing Lie wants to defeat Wudang can't be simply because of revenge but rather also to become the strongest. Coming from a small sect to where he is today, Jing Lie must have sacrificed lots of blood and tears. If it's not for the fact that Jing Lie and Wudang have a blood debt, Jing Lie is the kind of enemy that Lian Zhou would most want to defeat. And among all of the enemies that Lian Zhou have met, Jing Lie is the one whose thinking is most similar to Wudang Sect. Lian Zhou says that after the 5 years he will only deal with Jing Lie after he finishes dealing with everyone else. Lian Zhou is also interested to see Tong Qing's development after 5 years, he is not sure if he is right about Tong Qing's potential. Dai XIn asks Lian Zhou if they should send Shou She people to deal with Qing Tong, but Lian Zhou says that Qing Tong is not worthy of them dealing with him.

-Yun Lan suggest to Lian Zhou that they should leave immediately . Lian Zhou agrees. Xiao Yan asks Lian Zhou if she can come along (she wants to hold her life in her own hands). Lian ZHou agrees and ask her to ask Hua Qiao if she wants to tag along too. Hua Qiao declines. Since Qing Tong is also from Xin Yi sect,Lian Zhou tells Dai Kui to look after Hua Qiao, should Hua Qiao come to any harm he will break the 5 years agreement and head straight to find Xin Yi Sect. After Wudang left, Jing Lie says that all of them should break the barriers between the sects and start training together . No one agrees ,to the fellow Wu Lin people, this idea is akin to betraying their sect. The reason many sects are able to stand out is because they don't lightly teach it to anyone. There is always a difference in big,small,strong and weak sects, if people from bigger sects were to exchange their famous techniques with the unrefined techniques from the smaller sects, it would be like doing a losing business. If in the future the barriers between sects are broken, there would be no sects at all. It isn't very different from the Wudang Sect which has many other sects absorbed into it.

-Back to Wang Fang and Li Jun Yuan. They saw the whole battle. Jun Yuan was hoping that today's battle would be fiercer, with more blood feud being formed. Jun Yuan was hoping to have Wudang sect under Prince of Ning's command. But after today's battle he feels that it would be a very difficult thing to accomplish.Jun Yuan asks Wang Fang to have people tail Jing Lie & co, he feels that they could be very useful as they are strong and do not belong to any sect .

- Dai Kui cannot imagines the day when Wudang sect attacks Xin Yi sect. He keeps thinking about what Jing Lie said, and made a decision to agree with Jing Lie's idea. Lian Fei Hong left a note telling Cai Xian Jiao that he quits being the leader of Kong Tong sect and that Xian Jiao will be the new leader. The note also mentions that he intends to make Tong Qing his disicple.

-Tong Qing was talking to Ling Lan saying that she can tell that Xi Xiao Yan likes Ling Lan. Tong Qing says that there is no hope for Xi Xiao Yan since they are enemies and that the one that Ling Lan likes is Jing Lie. But what Ling Lan knows that Tong Qing don't know is that there is bad blood between Jing Lie and Ling Lan ( the issue with Ling Lang's brother's death.)

The End

The author mentions that this is the end of the 1st part of the story .

Last edited: