Theory - battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I see players like Tachibana or Chitose, Kite, Marui and others defeating Gin and Kawamura. And I see Kaidoh stronger than Kite, Momo could also defeat him now since he would be able to deal with Sukuchihou and Kite won't return BJK. Gyro Laser, as you don't know when he'll hit it, it confuses the opponent, so he is almost invincible. Kite won't win against Kaidoh right now, I'm pretty confident about it.

And mark my words, Kaidoh will make it to top 8 regardless there are other players stronger than him.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I see players like Tachibana or Chitose, Kite, Marui and others defeating Gin and Kawamura. And I see Kaidoh stronger than Kite, Momo could also defeat him now since he would be able to deal with Sukuchihou and Kite won't return BJK. Gyro Laser, as you don't know when he'll hit it, it confuses the opponent, so he is almost invincible. Kite won't win against Kaidoh right now, I'm pretty confident about it.

And mark my words, Kaidoh will make it to top 8 regardless there are other players stronger than him.
Yagyuu has the same ability with Curving Laser which is arguably better than Gyro Laser. Since you have no idea when the laser will curve. and a sharp Curve is more lethal than the Gyro snake.

Except Kite can effortlessly teleport. So every now and then, eventually he would reach Gyro Laser. Kaidoh is being overrated here. Just coz he had his water stolen by Tanegashima?
Im not comparing Kite to Momo right now, Its Kaidoh, and Tachibana and Chitose right now > Kaidoh.
Just the way Kirihara was all over him in the Nationals prior to bringing out Gyro Laser makes me feel he aint Top 8 level.
Top 8 meaning he will be in same category as King Hax Fuji? or Nature defier Yukimura? I just dont see that yet bro.
Kaidoh's improvement needs to be AWESOME. Since I reckon the way Ochi and Mouri are, Tohno or Kimijima >> Kaidoh.

Just the fact that Momoshiro NEEDED BJK to beat Taira and Hara. Kaidoh should need far more than Gyro Laser to defeat No.7 or 8. And there's a chance Kaidoh could go for a higher position too. So unless Kaidoh's improvement is enormous, then Top 8 wouldnt be right for Kaidoh.

And Kaidoh making Top 8 when there are several above him would make the Top 8 not exactly the Top 8.
Even this suspect Top 20 that sucked having several guys like Irie, Tokugawa and Oni not in the team that went abroad that allowed fodder replacements like Kaji. No.11-20 were all a joke besides Date and Ban.

Its likely we will finish with a Top 8 that contains members that are weaker than several other players.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
That he is in the top 10 like Fuji or Yukimura doesn't mean he is in the same league.

And I'm sure he has made an enormous improvement dude. You just have a different point of view, you see Kaidoh weaker, I see him stronger. We just have a different point of view about Kaidoh. Only Konomi will show how much he improved.

No, because Tanegashima stoled his water bottle, that it's shitless, it's not important. He doesn't deserve more screentime because of that, and I never mentioned that by the way.

Brandnewkid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kawamura should be No.12? We can name 15 players better than them though. Regardless of power, do you see Kawamura beating Fuji? Or Chitose?
I dont see Gin beating Akutsu regardless of power.
Kawamura and Kabaji are in the wrong positions. I dont see Kawamura/Gin sending Fuji, Akutsu, Atobe, Shiraishi, Yukimura, Sanada, Tooyama, Ryoma, Chitose or Tachibana flying. I see each of them soundly defeating Kawamura/Gin.
Well, of course, those players, Tachibana-excluded are the 'top' players of the story, and you know this. Those guys are protected by plot. Realistically, they wouldn't be able to handle all the power that Takeshi and Gin could dish out.

All in all I believe Top 8 is way too high for Kaidoh. Also, I get the feeling Konomi likes promoting Kirihara as ''really strong'' and I have a bad feeling Kirihara may go Top 8.
Kirihara's a baby. He should be a 11-20 member, if anything. He's just a guy who tries his best to beat the opponent up using a tennis ball. How many players do we have like that again? Besides, without his Satsui no Hado, Kirihara's food.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, of course, those players, Tachibana-excluded are the 'top' players of the story, and you know this. Those guys are protected by plot. Realistically, they wouldn't be able to handle all the power that Takeshi and Gin could dish out.
Tachibana-excluded? Why lol.
As a matter of fact, I fancy Inui's chances against Kaidoh nevermind at the start of the series, I see a good match and perhaps Inui winning. Simply due to how Yanagi can crush Kirihara, Inui and Kaidoh is an exremely similar pair so I see a good chance of Inui > Kaidoh.
Oh and also, not only Yagyuu > Kaidoh, but definetely Niou > Kaidoh. So we have a lot of players currently above Kaidoh. He seriously has to be handed some massive power-up by Konomi.

Kirihara's a baby. He should be a 11-20 member, if anything. He's just a guy who tries his best to beat the opponent up using a tennis ball. How many players do we have like that again? Besides, without his Satsui no Hado, Kirihara's food.
whats Satsui no hado?
I also see Kaidoh as outside Top 10. He has never been protected by plot. In actual fact, Kirihara is more promoted by Konomi and for some reason appears in the current anime ending besides the awesome players.
I dont see Kaidoh as promoted by Konomi as much. And even if he was now, I see him outside Top 8, since it seems as though Tokugawa will be up there for this. If the HSers also stay as 1st Stringers although I doubt they will, I dont see a place for Kaidoh in Top 8 since there are just too many players better than him that are protected by plot as you said.

That he is in the top 10 like Fuji or Yukimura doesn't mean he is in the same league.

And I'm sure he has made an enormous improvement dude. You just have a different point of view, you see Kaidoh weaker, I see him stronger. We just have a different point of view about Kaidoh. Only Konomi will show how much he improved.
No not really. If your viewing Kaidoh from Part I, then I honestly cant see why you think he is so strong. Not much separates him from Yagyuu.
Your yet to explain to me why you believe Kaidoh is so strong.
Right now as we know, Kaidoh is strong, but there are several stronger than him. Around 10 definetes, and a debatable very few more.

All im saying is until we see the power-ups, Top 8 wouldnt be right. Your only guessing he has made ''an enormous improvement''. Until we see it, that power-up doesnt exist. The moment I see the power-up will be the moment I accept how strong you claim he is.
Kaidoh isnt like Fuji. Fuji is so hax, that we know he will get a high ranking spot. Kaidoh has never been that hax so we really wont know.

Just as you say, we can wait for Konomi to show us. Until then, Nationals!Kaidoh isnt good enough for Top 8.

No, because Tanegashima stoled his water bottle, that it's shitless, it's not important. He doesn't deserve more screentime because of that, and I never mentioned that by the way.
Well, ive seen you state before you believe he may challenge No.2 due to this and I assure you, you have stated he may challenge Tanegashima due to this, aswell as this being Sanada's reason for possibly challenging Tanegashima. I could find it too if you dont believe but it'll probably take unnecessary time lol.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Dont get me wrong btw guys, I like Kaidoh and think he's awesome too. But im justing expecting Top 8 to be the current strongest 8.
Since Top 8 I imagine will be the ones that play the most and the most important part of the team. So if Kaidoh was Top 8, can you tell me which of the plot protected Middle/High Schoolers would have to make space for him?
Im honestly not character bashing.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I stated that? I can't remember. Kaidoh won't play such a strong player but rather No.8 or 7, I want so bad that he plays against Kimijima/Tohno and wins.

And I could list 8 players stronger than him but, I think he just made an enormous improvement that makes Momo look like trash. But we'll have to wait like you said, when we see how much he improved, then I'll say what I think about him.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

whats Satsui no hado?
I also see Kaidoh as outside Top 10. He has never been protected by plot. In actual fact, Kirihara is more promoted by Konomi and for some reason appears in the current anime ending besides the awesome players.
I dont see Kaidoh as promoted by Konomi as much. And even if he was now, I see him outside Top 8, since it seems as though Tokugawa will be up there for this. If the HSers also stay as 1st Stringers although I doubt they will, I dont see a place for Kaidoh in Top 8 since there are just too many players better than him that are protected by plot as you said.

No not really. If your viewing Kaidoh from Part I, then I honestly cant see why you think he is so strong. Not much separates him from Yagyuu.
Your yet to explain to me why you believe Kaidoh is so strong.
Right now as we know, Kaidoh is strong, but there are several stronger than him. Around 10 definetes, and a debatable very few more.

All im saying is until we see the power-ups, Top 8 wouldnt be right. Your only guessing he has made ''an enormous improvement''. Until we see it, that power-up doesnt exist. The moment I see the power-up will be the moment I accept how strong you claim he is.
Kaidoh isnt like Fuji. Fuji is so hax, that we know he will get a high ranking spot. Kaidoh has never been that hax so we really wont know.

Just as you say, we can wait for Konomi to show us. Until then, Nationals!Kaidoh isnt good enough for Top 8.

Well, ive seen you state before you believe he may challenge No.2 due to this and I assure you, you have stated he may challenge Tanegashima due to this, aswell as this being Sanada's reason for possibly challenging Tanegashima. I could find it too if you dont believe but it'll probably take unnecessary time lol.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Btw, Satsui No hado is from Street Fighter Akuma is an evil fighter that went into the Satsui No Hado, brandnewkid is comparing that to Kirihara's devil mode lol.

I hope Fuji defeats a top 5 or it would suck, since he is in the first place of the NPOT popularity poll, he needs to defeat a player like Duke or Tanegashima at least. And he'll do it, we all know he'll defeat a godlike HS.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I stated that? I can't remember. Kaidoh won't play such a strong player but rather No.8 or 7, I want so bad that he plays against Kimijima/Tohno and wins.

And I could list 8 players stronger than him but, I think he just made an enormous improvement that makes Momo look like trash. But we'll have to wait like you said, when we see how much he improved, then I'll say what I think about him.
Im worried that Tanishi will get a Top 8 space. Since besides Kaidoh and Sanada and Ryoma was the fattie.
Had Kaidoh had no screentime after the BJ Revolution, its likely nobody would be saying he could get a Top 8 space. #JustSaying.

You can hope he gets a Top 8 while im busy hoping the Top 8 has Akutsu, Fuji, Sanada, Atobe, Ryoma, Yukimura, Tooyama, Shiraishi at the very minimum.
While we wait for this Kaidou improvement, we have to take into consideration that currently he isnt better than Yagyuu, Kite, Niou and although debatable, Inui.

I see Kaidoh and Kirihara at an equal level following up from Nationals. And @ LetalHawk why are you so sure Kaidou will break away from being Momoshiro level hahaha. As cool as Kaidou's potential is, I doubt Konomi will allow Kaidou to live up to his potential. He's definetely capable of it, but I havent seen Konomi hint it.
Although anything is possible with Kawamura holding the No.12 in the Nation badge.

Remember Konomi is talented at throwing disappointment at readers.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Im worried that Tanishi will get a Top 8 space. Since besides Kaidoh and Sanada and Ryoma was the fattie.
Had Kaidoh had no screentime after the BJ Revolution, its likely nobody would be saying he could get a Top 8 space. #JustSaying.

You can hope he gets a Top 8 while im busy hoping the Top 8 has Akutsu, Fuji, Sanada, Atobe, Ryoma, Yukimura, Tooyama, Shiraishi at the very minimum.
While we wait for this Kaidou improvement, we have to take into consideration that currently he isnt better than Yagyuu, Kite, Niou and although debatable, Inui.

I see Kaidoh and Kirihara at an equal level following up from Nationals. And @ LetalHawk why are you so sure Kaidou will break away from being Momoshiro level hahaha. As cool as Kaidou's potential is, I doubt Konomi will allow Kaidou to live up to his potential. He's definetely capable of it, but I havent seen Konomi hint it.
Although anything is possible with Kawamura holding the No.12 in the Nation badge.

Remember Konomi is talented at throwing disappointment at readers.
I will kill myself if Tanishi gets a top 8 spot, that fat can't be that good now, he was shit, Chinen defeated him. Him, getting a better spot than players like Atobe is just crazy.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I will kill myself if Tanishi gets a top 8 spot, that fat can't be that good now, he was shit, Chinen defeated him. Him, getting a better spot than players like Atobe is just crazy.
Lol.
Its the sort of thing that worries me with Konomi.
He had Marui, Ishida, Kaidoh, Ryoma, Sanada, Atobe, Tachibana, Kite and Shiraishi challenge the Top 10 and Tanishi just stood out as a crap player.

So its sort of a way of saying giving screentim to characters means nothing to this guy.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Lol.
Its the sort of thing that worries me with Konomi.
He had Marui, Ishida, Kaidoh, Ryoma, Sanada, Atobe, Tachibana, Kite and Shiraishi challenge the Top 10 and Tanishi just stood out as a crap player.

So its sort of a way of saying giving screentim to characters means nothing to this guy.
Yeah, it's better that Tanishi gets a spot between No.11 and 20, he can defeat Oishi and become No.16, that seems more logical, since he can hit 4 balls, he sure will have improved.

Brandnewkid

Reaction score
Country
United States
So these are my predictions, assuming we'll even get to see all the matches.

Doubles 3: Mouri-Ochi vs. Atobe-Nioh

Atobe-Nioh win.

Doubles 2: Tohno-Kimijima vs. Marui-Kite

Tohno-Kimijima win.

Doubles 1: Ohmagari-Duke vs. Fuji-Shiraishi

Fuji and Shiraishi take the win.

Singles 4: Oni vs. Akutsu

Akutsu takes it.

Singles 3: Tanegashima vs. Sanada

Tanegashima wins. Or Sanada. Either one.

Singles 2: Ryoma vs. Ryoga

Ryoma loses.

Singles 1: Yukimura vs. Byoudouin

Yukimura wins it.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So these are my predictions, assuming we'll even get to see all the matches.

Doubles 3: Mouri-Ochi vs. Atobe-Nioh

Atobe-Nioh win.

Doubles 2: Tohno-Kimijima vs. Marui-Kite

Tohno-Kimijima win.

Doubles 1: Ohmagari-Duke vs. Fuji-Shiraishi

Fuji and Shiraishi take the win.

Singles 4: Oni vs. Akutsu

Akutsu takes it.

Singles 3: Tanegashima vs. Sanada

Tanegashima wins. Or Sanada. Either one.

Singles 2: Ryoma vs. Ryoga

Ryoma loses.

Singles 1: Yukimura vs. Byoudouin

Yukimura wins it.
lol

I like how you're completely disregarding Kazuya, plus you've come to the amazing conclusion that 3 and 6 will be a doubles pair. How would 3 and 6 even work? So far, all doubles pairs in the top 20 have been consecutively numbered players, such as 18/19, 15/16, 12/13, and 9/10.

So, um, you apparently believe that Akutsu will not only gain 10 at once, but some tech that breaks BJK, as well as whatever Oni has. I mean, if it'll be a match to any extent, Akutsu has to be able to at least return BJK, but for him to be able to break Oni would be making him amazing.

I'm not even going to ask why you have Shuuji playing as S3 and Ryoga as S2, regardless of what their actual numbers are...

Brandnewkid

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like how you're completely disregarding Kazuya,
Thanks. Because, y'know, Kazuya's not a middle-schooler, nor is he one of the G10.

plus you've come to the amazing conclusion that 3 and 6 will be a doubles pair. How would 3 and 6 even work? So far, all doubles pairs in the top 20 have been consecutively numbered players, such as 18/19, 15/16, 12/13, and 9/10.
Yeah, I like to think outside the box, and assume the author's application of the element of the unexpected.

So, um, you apparently believe that Akutsu will not only gain 10 at once, but some tech that breaks BJK, as well as whatever Oni has. I mean, if it'll be a match to any extent, Akutsu has to be able to at least return BJK, but for him to be able to break Oni would be making him amazing.
Okay, now tell me, what's stopping this? Akutsu's a prodigy. Go on, tell me why this wouldn't happen. (Yeah, I'm totally having fun with this one, lol :))

I'm not even going to ask why you have Shuuji playing as S3 and Ryoga as S2, regardless of what their actual numbers are...
Shuuji's the second strongest player under Byoudouin. That doesn't mean he'll play second to last. Is it a stated rule that the players have to play in a countdown according to their rank? Can you tell me that chapter please, or link me to that page because I'm pretty lazy when it comes to the minor details.

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
And you say Yukimura vs Byodouin and win? No. Byodouin would crush Yukimura, it's likely Tokugawa will play against him and win.

Oh, and Ryoma won't lose, wathever opponent he faces, just for saying it. Yukimura won't win against No.1 and Ryoma will beat Ryoga or other player he faces, he's the main character and the strongest, Konomi won't make him lose ;)

Brandnewkid

Reaction score
Country
United States
And you say Yukimura vs Byodouin and win? No. Byodouin would crush Yukimura, it's likely Tokugawa will play against him and win.
How do you know this for a fact? Yukimura is one of the strongest middle-schoolers, on par with TnK Ryoma.

Oh, and Ryoma won't lose, wathever opponent he faces, just for saying it. Yukimura won't win against No.1 and Ryoma will beat Ryoga or other player he faces, he's the main character and the strongest, Konomi won't make him lose ;)
I mean, I guess. I'm not even going to debate this one because you're stating it as if it were fact, even though Ryoma's winning streak is undoubtably present in the franchise.

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to answer the questions addressed to you in my post where I quoted you, lol.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Just the fact that Niou has faced No.15 and again for No.10, makes it possible for Yukimura to appear in the top 10, also, we dont know Yukimura's improvement since he didnt have much competition againgst Fuwa.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Agree here though. I dont see Konomi having Ryoma lose in an official match. He has never done before so why only now?
Ryoma will probably defeat whoever he faces.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
What was your question @brandnewkid?

As much as I like Yukimura, he is my favourite MS and I highly think he should crush a top 5, but I think he's not yet on Byodouin's level, altough I would love to see Yukimura winning, I wouldn't like to see him lose.

Since there is no shot that can get past Yuki, his chances of defeating players like Ryoga or Shuuji are very high. I would love to see him become a top 5, and he will, he won't get behind and will aim higher.

I don't really think he has to lose, but I'd rather prefer that Tokugawa faces Byodouin and Yukimura faces Shuuji and wins.
And I see Yukimura above Tokugawa, and above Irie and Oni.

Ryoma will win, he hasn't lose on an official match and Konomi won't make him lose, I'm 100% sure he'll defeat a very strong HS like Ryoga.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Thanks. Because, y'know, Kazuya's not a middle-schooler, nor is he one of the G10.
The chances of Kazuya not playing are really quite slim, but there is a possibility that he doesn't play.

Yeah, I like to think outside the box, and assume the author's application of the element of the unexpected.
If anyone's going to be a doubles team, it would be 5/6, not 3/6. It's a possibility, but that Konomi would drastically change his pattern is quite unlikely.

Okay, now tell me, what's stopping this? Akutsu's a prodigy. Go on, tell me why this wouldn't happen. (Yeah, I'm totally having fun with this one, lol :))
Yeah, I figured, but a lot of stuff. Akutsu was fodder back in PoT, so I have a problem with him even being in SPoT, especially with Konomi's line about how he never stepped foot on a tennis court again. :P

Akutsu was built up as a once in a decade talent, but we never saw it. It's also Akutsu, for whom it would feel really awkward and strange if he suddenly became one of the top 5-6 players in the series.

Shuuji's the second strongest player under Byoudouin. That doesn't mean he'll play second to last. Is it a stated rule that the players have to play in a countdown according to their rank? Can you tell me that chapter please, or link me to that page because I'm pretty lazy when it comes to the minor details.
The second strongest player doesn't always play S2, but the match board would appear it as the countdown. There's no S1, S2, S3, S4 right now anyway. It's all just playing for the specific numbered badge as it is, so calling it S2 or S3 would be a bit questionable anyway. Um, the G10 do appear to be playing in order, however.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Akutsu was built up as a once in a decade talent, but we never saw it. It's also Akutsu, for whom it would feel really awkward and strange if he suddenly became one of the top 5-6 players in the series.
At first I thought this, but Sai changed my mind. Konomi decided to give Akutsu 5-ball return, almost hinting he will be bringing Akutsu back to the same level of awesomeness as he did with Akutsu's intro to the story.
Also, remember, like how Yuki can see through any shot, Konomi's hack power that he gave to Akutsu was that he can hit an offensive shot from ANY body position meaning he doesnt even need to prepare for a forehand or anything.

You find it awkward? Dont you find Kawamura and Kabaji as No.12 & 13 awkward lol? What about Niou who is another person who SUDDENLY became amongst the best in the series.

The second strongest player doesn't always play S2, but the match board would appear it as the countdown. There's no S1, S2, S3, S4 right now anyway. It's all just playing for the specific numbered badge as it is, so calling it S2 or S3 would be a bit questionable anyway. Um, the G10 do appear to be playing in order, however.
Yeah Tezuka VS Sanada match was a S3 match. and Fuji VS Shiraishi was a S3 match too.
But Konomi probably has the decency this time to not stun us fans and keep a normal countdown from 10 - 1 for these matches lol. Tanegashima should be challenged second to last.