Special Move - Atobe Kingdom, Black Aura and Yips | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Move Atobe Kingdom, Black Aura and Yips

mystictapion

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Some doubts with this techniques.

Did you remember a few moments before Atobe unleashes AK, he made all of yours shikakus disappear? It could be a technique like IN, a collateral effect of AK or another technique?

About Black Aura, what really could be? Do you think Black Aura can be compared with TMnK?

And about Yips, Air...Yukimura really needs to have a eye-contact with your opponent?

All this 3 techniques can't be learned, isn't? Like TMnK, Illusion, Super Copy, Emotions or Mirror?

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
You can't compare Black Aura to TnK. Black Aura is another method of getting out of Yukimura's Yips, but I don't think is stronger than TnK. Black Aura gives you a boost in your power and speed, the shot Sanada hit went through the fence and was so fast that even Yukimura couldn't return it, but TnK shots are even faster. I'm pretty sure that we'll see auras around the world that are equal to TnK and probably stronger than both BA and Tenimuhou.

Both auras are triggered with emotions (BA maybe). Tenimuhou is related to enjoying tennis and not focusing on winning, but rather on play and enjoy the match, without worrying about the result. Black Aura may be activated with willpower, like Sanada did while he was struggling to get out of the Yips. His willpower was so amazing that maybe his rage went to a level that a new aura was unleashed.

I think Yukimura doesn't need to have eye contact to activate Yips. Yips is produced because Yukimura, no matter what kind of shot you it, it's useless, he returns them all. Then you have flashbacks or "images" in your head of yourself losing, and then you start to lose movility, then little by little, you stop feeling, hearing, and you lose your vision, so you can't play, and you're forced to give up.

When Yukimura was facing Fuwa while he was blindfolded, he probably stole his vision and Fuwa didn't notice until he took out the bandages. That probably happened due to the long rally, Fuwa wasn't able to hit a winner against Yukimura and, due to that, he couldn't see. Then he took out the bandages and realized. So that proves, in a way, that Yips isn't related to eye contact. Even if you're looking or not, Yukimura will take away your senses.

Instead, I think there's a third method of breaking yips: having a very high mental, like Irie. Irie's mental, for example, would allow him to see through Yips and he might be unaffected by it, but I'm not saying this would work, since he would get at least a bit yipped.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
You can't compare Black Aura to TnK. Black Aura is another method of getting out of Yukimura's Yips, but I don't think is stronger than TnK. Black Aura gives you a boost in your power and speed, the shot Sanada hit went through the fence and was so fast that even Yukimura couldn't return it, but TnK shots are even faster. I'm pretty sure that we'll see auras around the world that are equal to TnK and probably stronger than both BA and Tenimuhou.

Both auras are triggered with emotions (BA maybe). Tenimuhou is related to enjoying tennis and not focusing on winning, but rather on play and enjoy the match, without worrying about the result. Black Aura may be activated with willpower, like Sanada did while he was struggling to get out of the Yips. His willpower was so amazing that maybe his rage went to a level that a new aura was unleashed.

I think Yukimura doesn't need to have eye contact to activate Yips. Yips is produced because Yukimura, no matter what kind of shot you it, it's useless, he returns them all. Then you have flashbacks or "images" in your head of yourself losing, and then you start to lose movility, then little by little, you stop feeling, hearing, and you lose your vision, so you can't play, and you're forced to give up.

When Yukimura was facing Fuwa while he was blindfolded, he probably stole his vision and Fuwa didn't notice until he took out the bandages. That probably happened due to the long rally, Fuwa wasn't able to hit a winner against Yukimura and, due to that, he couldn't see. Then he took out the bandages and realized. So that proves, in a way, that Yips isn't related to eye contact. Even if you're looking or not, Yukimura will take away your senses.
Perfectly said.

Instead, I think there's a third method of breaking yips: having a very high mental, like Irie. Irie's mental, for example, would allow him to see through Yips and he might be unaffected by it, but I'm not saying this would work, since he would get at least a bit yipped.
We will never know until someone Aura-less breaks through Yips. Until then its just Aura's. I doubt Irie could do this.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Of course Airgrimes, Irie won't break Yips until he has some aura or something, Yukimura would defeat him, he has too much hax power to lose to Irie.

I was just wondering, but I'll never see Yukimura losing neither to Irie or Oni.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Of course Airgrimes, Irie won't break Yips until he has some aura or something, Yukimura would defeat him, he has too much hax power to lose to Irie.

I was just wondering, but I'll never see Yukimura losing neither to Irie or Oni.
Exactly.
No character trolling involved. Its this simple. We just need to see something more from Irie and I will definetely change my opinion.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Did you remember a few moments before Atobe unleashes AK, he made all of yours shikakus disappear? It could be a technique like IN, a collateral effect of AK or another technique?
I would guess that it is a product of his improved Insight, just like AK.

About Black Aura, what really could be? Do you think Black Aura can be compared with TMnK?
Doubtful. I would even go as far as to say that the aura itself doesn't increase the power of shots at all and that it's purely a mental improvement.

And about Yips, Air...Yukimura really needs to have a eye-contact with your opponent?
No.

All this 3 techniques can't be learned, isn't? Like TMnK, Illusion, Super Copy, Emotions or Mirror?
Yips is definitely exclusive to Yukimura. AK can be used by anyone as long as they have reached that level of Insight, and BA can as well assuming someone fulfills it's requirements whatever that might be. That being said, there really isn't a whole lot of stuff that simply can't be obtained by anyone but one person... a good amount of techniques simply have uncommon requirements.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You can't compare Black Aura to TnK. Black Aura gives you a boost in your power and speed, the shot Sanada hit went through the fence and was so fast that even Yukimura couldn't return it, but TnK shots are even faster.
What the hell?

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
What the hell?
You're saying BA shots are faster than Tenimuhou?

A full power Tenimuhou shot is impossible for the human eye to see. Sure BA isn't at that level of speed.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Last edited:

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You're saying BA shots are faster than Tenimuhou?

A full power Tenimuhou shot is impossible for the human eye to see. Sure BA isn't at that level of speed.
I'm not saying any shot is faster than the other. To suggest one is better is entirely assumption based upon no evidence. If I were to judge, I'd say both TMnK and Black Aura increase the ability level to the same extent. (IE: TMnK Tezuka would have increased the same amount of ability as Black Aura Sanada). I think the entire purpose of creating the black aura is to show that there are parallel aura's to TMnK that are not "weaker," they're just "different."

mystictapion

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I would guess that it is a product of his improved Insight, just like AK.
So, I think looks like IN, maybe it can break SKnK too. But Will it be he can use freely?