Shoujo - Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: [Shoujo] Kimi ni Todoke by Shiina Karuho

finally. I'm never really over the main pairing. I never get tired of them.

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Finally. I squeed like a little girl lol

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Last chapters were so great~

Yano finally accepted Ken and now this... Sawako should have said all that stuff sooner to avoid the misunderstanding on both sides but it's a good thing that she did something. Made me realize that she really changed, now she is taking the intitiative to deepen their relationship - while Kazehaya didn't do anything besides thinking. He really is a klutz when it's about romantic relationships :s

but whatever, their kisses were so upper-cute :love t'was so damn awesome, now they hopefully will become a "real" couple :wtf

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I loved how the innocence was played in all this. I mean, Sawako didn't know what she was doing, what all the underlying meaning was about "closing her eyes". :XD

It's going to be interesting where the mangaka will take us next. I mean, how the pace will be quickened or slowed down since their relationship has taken a new turn. New emotions will arise from this encounter.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

What happens next will be the real test of Shiina's writing ability. I personally think that the build up and the innocence of the relationship lasted a tad bit too long, but now that things are in full swing, I'll be looking forward to seeing if she can keep the relationship interesting, without inserting artificial melodrama.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

What happens next will be the real test of Shiina's writing ability. I personally think that the build up and the innocence of the relationship lasted a tad bit too long, but now that things are in full swing, I'll be looking forward to seeing if she can keep the relationship interesting, without inserting artificial melodrama.
It was more than long for me, I didn't understand what was the problem and why they avoid each other for nothing so I'm really glad this ended.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

which was also one of the reasons I hesitated reading Kimi ni Todoke. :/

At that point I had already read a reasonable number of shoujo to roll my eyes and say "get on with it already".

But I tried to appreciate the characters instead, and that's what made me stick through it I guess. I had dropped the series once due to impatience, and picked it up again, sort of like, resigning to the fact that, well- that's how Sawako is, I guess.

Too unrealistic, given the state of Japanese teenagers these days. But what the heck.

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

It was more than long for me, I didn't understand what was the problem and why they avoid each other for nothing so I'm really glad this ended.
Yeah, it was actually more than a "tad bit" too long for me too. I was kind of just trying to be polite. Didn't want to get my head bitten off by a hardcore KnT fan. Fortunately for me, I read the first 69 chapter all in one go before catching up. So the drama between Sawako and Kazehaya was frustrating, but in real time, I didn't have to wait long for it to be resolved.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I do agree that the whole thing between Sawako and Kazehaya was dragging but it didn't was that bad to me. There were other things going on which still made it enjoyable to me. It's one of the few manga were I really like all the pairings so I thoroughly enjoyed Chizu x Ryuu and Ayana x Kent moments - which made the Kazehaya/Sawako deal more endurable (even though exploring these two relationships is one of the reasons it was dragged).

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Too unrealistic, given the state of Japanese teenagers these days. But what the heck.
I disagree, unrealistic is the wrong word. Unusual may be more fitting, as this is definitely the case. You may call me a romantic but I believe that such a love/behaviour still exists, it's just pretty rare nowadays.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

point taken, as I'm not an expert in Japanese culture and their demographics and things.

In the philippines this kind of romance wouldn't be unusual, since a lot in this country is still highly conservative (given that the dominant religion is Roman Catholic).

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

point taken, as I'm not an expert in Japanese culture and their demographics and things.

In the philippines this kind of romance wouldn't be unusual, since a lot in this country is still highly conservative (given that the dominant religion is Roman Catholic).
Well their culture definitely is more conservative regarding some things (like love) but they do share some things with other industrial nations. It's definitely more believable than what it would be in other western nations.

Shoujo's tend to be a tad bit too romantic anyway but I think KnT is doing it in an acceptable way

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What I really like about Kimi ni Todoke is the focus on friendship as well as romance. I loved how Sawako and Kurumi have become closer and are at a point where they can naturally open up to each other. :)

Linn

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Yano finally accepted Ken and now this... Sawako should have said all that stuff sooner to avoid the misunderstanding on both sides but it's a good thing that she did something. Made me realize that she really changed, now she is taking the intitiative to deepen their relationship - while Kazehaya didn't do anything besides thinking.
It is funny you said that, now that c93 is released... the opposite could be said now. I felt Yano always genuinely wanted to change, to become the girl who falls in love the same way as Sawako and Chizu. She placed her hopes on Ken hoping she'll fall in love with him, because Ken was sincere to her, but I always felt she never accepted him just because she never felt any romantic attraction to him. If you read c93, she confirms her false feelings for him.

This is what I like about Kimi ni Todoke, as most Shoujo manga it is all rose-coloured love - you fall in love and it's happy ever after, but KnT gives a realistic aspect while still being innocent (although sometimes unrealistic considering how dense Sawako was initially). But you see different people's personalities - their approaches to their relationships and friendships.

I wonder when the series will end. It would be interesting to see what they do after high school but you get to the point there must be an end to their relationship development.