[Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Mouri vs Fuji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Mouri vs Fuji

Who will win?

• Mouri Jusaburou

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Fuji Shuusuke

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Singles 1Mouri JusaburouFuji Shuusuke
Title - Prodigy
SchoolHigh School 1st YearSeishun Gakuen 3rd Year
Height191 cm167 cm
Weight83 kg53 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleAll RounderCounter Puncher
Techniques - Houou Gaeshi
Kirin Otoshi
Hakuryuu
Kagero Zutsumi
Hecatoncheires no Monban
Hoshi Hanabi
Closed Eyes

Mouri serves first.

This round ends on Saturday, September 15th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Last edited:

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
First one to vote. My vote goes to Fuji. We haven't seen much of Mouri except he can return Zero Shiki Serve and that he can avoid Atobe Kingdom.

Fuji has more counters, even if Mouri manages to return some of them , I think Mouri would struggle with Hecantocheries but if he manages to return it he still has Hoshi Hanabi, plus Closed Eyes and other techniques like Houou Gaeshi, Hakuryuu, Kirin Otoshi. Fuji would definitely win this, plus his ability to evolve during the match gives him enough points to win the match.

I see Mouri fighting back for a bit, but Fuji and his counters should be more than enough reason for Fuji to win.

Fuji Syuusuke wins.

Last edited:

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Fuji wins. (after having a few counters defeated)

Considering he returned ZSS, it means any serve is useless and no bounce shots are ineffective i.e. Disappearing Serve and Houou Gaeshi are ineffective. Kirin Otoshi, I don't think will work because if he was able to run to the service box from the baseline to return ZSS, he must have good speed, meaning he could run back to the baseline to return Kirin Otoshi. Hakuryu would work on Mouri a couple of times, the unexpected rise and the sideways kick would seal the point. Kagero Zutsumi, slow moving and simple, he wouldn't fall for the illusion. Hecatoncheires no Monban would be a challenge for Mouri. I don't think he could return it considering he was not able to break the massive spin of Tezuka Phantom which has similar principle to 5th Counter. If a cord ball it hit, I'm certain that Mouri wouldn't be able to return the super speed of Hoshi Hanabi.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Personally, I see Mouri breaking down the counters Houou/Tsubame Gaeshi, Kirin/Higuma Otoshi by reaching the baseline in time, Hakuryuu/Hakugei will get him.

5th Counter will take a couple games but he will overcome and be greeted with 6th Counter which will be beyond Mouri after seeing Kabaji!Niou overpower him.

Disappearing Serve might not even phase Mouri however. Closed Eyes will add to Fuji's threat.

Unfortunately, Mouri is without a technique or special shot, so he doesn't really have an attacking threat. We just know he is at a level that can destroy Kenya.
I believe Fuji is at that level. I give this to Fuji.

6-4, 6-2 for Fuji.

Fuji Shusuke wins

Great thread btw. This idea is great.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I agree with the three of you, I can't add anything except that Mouri is too Shiraishi-like, and Fuji won't loose to the same guy twice.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Fuji wins. As much as I like Mouri, he doesn't show enough to win this for me. The only thing he might get is that he sort of "fight" evenly with Niou, whom Fuji beat. And Niou's that he fought evenly already improve, so he is possibly stronger than Fuji when he fight Mouri. But that's it. I give this one to Fuji. As it'll be more interesting that way.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
The only thing he might get is that he sort of "fight" evenly with Niou, whom Fuji beat. And Niou's that he fought evenly already improve, so he is possibly stronger than Fuji when he fight Mouri. But that's it. I give this one to Fuji. As it'll be more interesting that way.
When did Mouri fight evenly with Niou?
Also, the current Niou is better than the current Fuji. Niou has ZSS and can perfectly return 5th Counter. Niou would win 7-5 or something coz of ZSS.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nah, Fuji would totally win this. Mouri won't stand a chance against him.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would reason that fuji would win. the only all rounders i can see fuji losing to is tezuka or echizen. but the point is based on mouri's doubles match
he didn't seem that good accept that he would dislocate his arm to win. he has lots of commitment, but his skill level shown wasn't too impressive at all.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
When did Mouri fight evenly with Niou?
Also, the current Niou is better than the current Fuji. Niou has ZSS and can perfectly return 5th Counter. Niou would win 7-5 or something coz of ZSS.
I'm just going off the game score. Mouri had to be decent. Otherwise, it seem to shows that Ochi solo Niou and Atobe. i don't think that's possible. Mouri might not be even with Niou, but he can at least keep up with him.

Tsukihime no uta

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuji wins, his profile picture looks better. Thats all the reasoning I need.

Fuji has shown alot more special moves, and has a huge motivation to become the best and surpass tezuka.
Mouri has shown he can return some special moves, but doesn't seem to have that much motivation to win; he skipped practice and what not at Rikkai dai. His overall skill seems to be well rounded, but he doesn't seem to have anything he can really score a point with.

Fuji is the clear winner in this one. 6-2 if a one setter. And 6-2 6-4 if two sets. I think the second set might give Mouri's high school training time to kick in a little more later on.

Last edited:

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuji is probably presently at or above the level of Mouri. Not only that, Fuji will have to get an upgrade soon to compete with the levels of the other PoT peers. Mouri can't handle a Fuji upgrade.

Fuji wins 6-3

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm just going off the game score. Mouri had to be decent. Otherwise, it seem to shows that Ochi solo Niou and Atobe. i don't think that's possible. Mouri might not be even with Niou, but he can at least keep up with him.
Ochi's serve took all its games.
Mental Pressure took two.

Don't count the 6-0 2 VS 1 against Atobe since Atobe stood no chance with 2 against him.
Mouri was never even with Niou.
Niou and Atobe individually are somewhat above Ochi, but Ochi/Mouri is a good combo which is why the score was so tight.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I would reason that fuji would win. the only all rounders i can see fuji losing to is tezuka or echizen. but the point is based on mouri's doubles match
he didn't seem that good accept that he would dislocate his arm to win. he has lots of commitment, but his skill level shown wasn't too impressive at all.
Fuji right now would lose to 5 other All-Rounders: Atobe, Niou, Yukimura, Sanada and Shiraishi and probably Tooyama.

Fuji is only Nationals!Fuji. We don't know of any improvement from him yet.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Fuji wins, his profile picture looks better. Thats all the reasoning I need.
Lol

Fuji has shown alot more special moves, and has a huge motivation to become the best and surpass tezuka.
Everybody's motivation is to surpass Tezuka haha.
Kite, Sanada, Yuki, Atobe, Ryoma now Kaidoh too, I mean there is probably more haha.

Mouri has shown he can return some special moves, but doesn't seem to have that much motivation to win;
He dislocated his arm to win. Your statement is baseless here man, he gave it his all when he realized he was gonna lose.

he skipped practice and what not at Rikkai dai. His overall skill seems to be well rounded, but he doesn't seem to have anything he can really score a point with.
He can score a point simply because he has shown excellent technique. You don't need special shots to just get a point.
Shiraishi, Yukimura and Akutsu being perfect examples.

Fuji is the clear winner in this one. 6-2 if a one setter. And 6-2 6-4 if two sets. I think the second set might give Mouri's high school training time to kick in a little more later on.
Understand that Houou Gaeshi, Kirin Otoshi, Hakuryuu, Kagero Zutsumi aren't impossible hard to return as long as your a player above Mid tier.
They cannot win him the match.

Its gonna be down to how long 5th Counter will last for Fuji, and the despair when he meets 6th Counter.
And last of all, Closed Eyes from Fuji will take the win with ease.

Mouri definetely isn't weak. He is likely better than Yanagi who despite being on the same team as him for 2 years and participating in tournaments with him, couldn't get data off of him. Saying he skipped practice isnt enough an excuse, since Yanagi got data on guys he only saw or met once.
It implies Mouri never once got serious while at Rikkai.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Mouri Jusaburou: 1 vote
Fuji Shuusuke: 10 votes

Winner: Fuji Shuusuke

Status
Not open for further replies.