[Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Doubles 1] Shishido/Tanishi vs Oshitari Y./Kaidou | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Round 1 - Team 6 vs Team 10 Doubles 1] Shishido/Tanishi vs Oshitari Y./Kaidou

Who will win?

• Shishido Ryou/Tanishi Kei

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Oshitari Yuushi/Kaidou Kaoru

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Doubles 1Shishido Ryou
Tanishi Kei
Oshitari Yuushi
Kaidou Kaoru
Title - Man of 1000 Techniques
-
SchoolHyoutei Gakuen 3rd Year
Higa 3rd Year
Hyoutei Gakuen 3rd Year
Seishun Gakuen 2nd Year
Height172 cm
193 cm
178 cm
173 cm
Weight60 kg
106 kg
64 kg
57 kg
Dominant HandRight
Right
Right
Right
PlaystyleOffensive Counter Puncher
Serve and Volley
All Rounder
Defensive Counter Puncher
TechniquesUltra High Speed Rising Counter
Inducement Formation
Carioca Step
Shukuchiou
Big Bang
Higuma Otoshi
Fake and Drop
Flat Approach Shot
Side Spin Approach Shot
Direct Flat Return Drive
Sealed Heart
Snake
Boomerang Snake
Tornado Snake
Gyro Laster

Serve order: Kaidou -> Tanishi -> Oshitari -> Shishido

This round ends on Thursday, September 27th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Last edited:

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
So Kaidoh's devil mode is sealed? Would Kirihara devil mode be sealed too? Because I think both of them now have a reason not to use their devil mode+ Kirihara also can't use angel mode. What should I presume here?

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So Kaidoh's devil mode is sealed? Would Kirihara devil mode be sealed too? Because I think both of them now have a reason not to use their devil mode+ Kirihara also can't use angel mode. What should I presume here?
The way Kaoz sees it, Ken, is that Kaidou will never again use DM. Akaya has SDM (Sane DM) now, so he'd probably never use original DM.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The way Kaoz sees it, Ken, is that Kaidou will never again use DM. Akaya has SDM (Sane DM) now, so he'd probably never use original DM.
And that Sane Devil Mode cannot be used unless he's in double with Shiraishi. In all other condition, they're actually the same. Their teammates just don't want them to use it.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
And that Sane Devil Mode cannot be used unless he's in double with Shiraishi. In all other condition, they're actually the same. Their teammates just don't want them to use it.
No, it's only Angel Mode that can only be used with Shiraishi. Nothing about SDM ever says that it can only be used with Shiraishi.

This isn't the place to really be discussing Akaya though.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Pile Mirage Aint working with this composition.
Inducement Formation is the on where they limit the places the opponent can hit to.

In general those technique lists are the ones I would consider for this match. If you can make an argument for why there should be others (or why one of them doesn't work), feel free to.

No, it's only Angel Mode that can only be used with Shiraishi. Nothing about SDM ever says that it can only be used with Shiraishi.
SDM is a direct extension of AM and can't be reached without it. Hence it's sealed as Ken said.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
SDM is a direct extension of AM and can't be reached without it. Hence it's sealed as Ken said.
I'm going to disagree with that as I haven't seen any proof of that, but I don't have time to argue about it at the moment.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kaidou/Yuushi win this. Tanishi has nothing appart from big bang but I see Kaidou and Yuushi returning it eventually. Gyro laser is too much for Tanishi/Sishido. Yuushi can close his mind, Kaidou/Yuushi win 6-3 or 6-2.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
In any case, I think Kaidoh win this. Straight or curve actually might not work here, due to Shishido and Tanishi step. This plus Tanishi speed that he shows when he caught of all of the HS's balls might means he can even return Gryo laser. But I'm just going to argue that the devil mode will boost Kaidoh stats enough (Well, we saw this is a way it boost Kirihara) that it'll improve them even more.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm going to disagree with that as I haven't seen any proof of that, but I don't have time to argue about it at the moment.
Konomi says so in an interview in one of the PairPuri's. I pulled Kaoz up on that a long while ago, but the proof was in the interview.
It sucks though. That AM!Kirihara is exclusive to pairing with Shiraishi, who imo is much better off in Singles.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

In any case, I think Kaidoh win this. Straight or curve actually might not work here, due to Shishido and Tanishi step. This plus Tanishi speed that he shows when he caught of all of the HS's balls might means he can even return Gryo laser. But I'm just going to argue that the devil mode will boost Kaidoh stats enough (Well, we saw this is a way it boost Kirihara) that it'll improve them even more.
Lol no way.
DM!Kirihara can't return it. Gyro Laser is too much. If DM!Kirihara can't, Tanishi has no chance.

Yeah, if DM!Kaidoh appeared, it will be complete distruction. DM lifts speed. Kaidoh appears to be anything but fast. Not someone who seems quick.
If Kaidoh was fast, he would be extremely dangerous. Like most players, dramatically lifting their speed stat would change a lot.

But I think its right that Kaoz assumes DM!Kaidoh is sealed away. DM!Kaidoh only appeared coz Konomi wanted to give PoT a badass ending arc, and he pulled it off.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ken, Kaidoh's Gyro laser is too much for them, and now more that he probably boosted his abilities from Mountain training. That shot worked perfectly against REM!Kirihara and Yanagi in national finals. I don't think Tanishi could react to it, Shishido for sure won't return it.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Ken, Kaidoh's Gyro laser is too much for them, and now more that he probably boosted his abilities from Mountain training. That shot worked perfectly against REM!Kirihara and Yanagi in national finals. I don't think Tanishi could react to it, Shishido for sure won't return it.
I doubt his Mountain training boosted that specific technique however. I think its as fast as it can get. Next level of speed is probably TMnK.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shishido/Tanishi wins
this is a hard one, because we barley got to see these players play in the manga.

but i'll say since both shishido and big guy went to secret training camp, they got stronger and bonded in a non close way by experiencing the camp.
thus, they will have better teamwork and chemistry and with their upgrades should defeat the other pair.

sure kaidoh too went to the training, but I think its hard for him to get along as a team ie team chemistry
with oshitari. he can lose his cool easily.

of course this is all subjective assumption. but at least the fat dude can hit multiple balls at once?

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yes Tanishi ca, but I think Kaidou also can. he sure improved a great deal, Yuushi improved everyday like every other MS in the camp. Yuushi is above Shishido and probably Tanishi, Kaidou no doubt about it.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yuushi improved everyday like every other MS in the camp. Yuushi is above Shishido and probably Tanishi, Kaidou no doubt about it.
However, going by the MSers we have seen, its unlikely Yuushi improved singificantly.
Mountain Training MSers have shown better results.
From Camp training, the only big improvers are Atobe and Akutsu.

Also, Yushi is in 6th Court. And I have a theory that 6th Court is a place that Konomi dumped players that are popular but he doesn't feel like spending time on improving.
I honestly believe Yushi, Hirakoba, Sengoku, Kamio, Ootori and Amane won't be doing any significant improving in SPoT. Can't see Konomi giving them screentime yet.
Fuji and Kikumaru are safe as Seigaku members though. Not sure if Konomi will give big improvements to Yuki or Marui. Doubt it.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Shishido Ryou/Tanishi Kei: 1 vote
Oshitari Yuushi/Kaidou Kaoru: 8 votes

Winner: Oshitari Yuushi/Kaidou Kaoru

Status
Not open for further replies.