[Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji

Who will win?

• Yukimura Seiichi

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Fuji Shuusuke

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Singles 1Yukimura SeiichiFuji Shuusuke
TitleChild of GodProdigy
SchoolRikkai Dai Fuzoku 3rd YearSeishun Gakuen 3rd Year
Height175 cm167 cm
Weight61 kg53 kg
Dominant HandRightRight
PlaystyleAll RounderTechnical Counter Puncher
TechniquesYipsHouou Gaeshi
Kirin Otoshi
Hakuryuu
Kagero Zutsumi
Hecatoncheires no Monban
Hoshi Hanabi
Closed Eyes

Serve order: Yukimura -> Fuji

This round ends on Friday, October 12th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Yukimura crush this. Fuji just didn't have his upgrade yet. Yukimura would have beat Fuji harder than he beat Sanada at the beginning of this new series.

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
child of god vs genius fuji?

i think there's an obvious winner. Unless fuji has trained to play unconsciously , there by having his mind play for his body and not physically controlling his own body there by NOT having to be effected by yips. or if he wears some superstitous japanese charm/talisman that protects him (super long shot).

I like fuji but, even a genius has his limits.

EDIT: unless fuji has a newcounter move that can injure the player in 1 shot or 1 serve like BJK, i think yuki wins. OR make a counter that doesn't allow yuki to serve over the net anymore ( as ridiculous ) as it sounds . its yukimura's win.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I believe that Fuji will have surpassed Yuki by the end of SPoT, but Fuji hasn't even played in SPoT, and Yuki even gained Dream, so this isn't close. We already know that CE doesn't stop the onset of Yips, just prevent the blindness part, but once you lose the other senses, you're fully yipped like how Echizen was.

Avoiding speculation about how Dream works, based on what we know, Yuki gets a KO.

TheShiraishi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Awwwwwwwwwww man... Fuji's out too? Urghhhhhhh

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I would love to see Fuji beating Yukimura (I hate the "I'm unbeatable" guys / teams ,etc). I see him taking some points thanks to Closed Eyes... And then Complete Yips appears and Yuki wins :/

TheShiraishi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuji matches are always fun to watch... I'd like to see Yukimura losing a point to Hoshi Hanabi and seeing his eyes widen with the "shock" pose... before Fuji gets Yipped.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is actually an interesting one and I saw it discussed in detail elsewhere already. Basically Fuji is least susceptible to yips. Out of the 5 senses:

sight - He doesn't need it
hearing - He doesn't need it (Kirihara tried to distract him with sounds, but had no effect)
touch - need it
smell - presumably irrelevent
taste - presumably irrelevent, and he probably doesn't have it to begin with (immunity to Inui drinks)

So Fuji would lose his sense of touch, but as we see in the game against Ryoma, top players can adjust as long as they have one of the 3 major senses (Ryoma says all he needs is hearing to continue playing). Under Closed Eyes Fuji will always have sight + hearing so he is not vulnerable to the usual effects of yips. He might miss a few shots early on due to a lack of touch but he's the genius, he's got to be able to figure out how to do without one of his senses given he's managed to do with a lot less than down one sense.

But then it's not clear if Fuji can score any points off Yukimura, and immunity to yips doesn't mean he won't lose points in regular rally, so Yukimura would still win based on their record in rallying in POT. I feel Yukimura's record in rallying is a bit overrated since everyone he rallies eventually becomes unable to play tennis in normal capacity so of course he looks unstoppable from a rallying point of view, but since nobody has ever rallied him normally without TnK I guess we have to accept he's supposed to be a top rally guy.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Why do people assume yips has any effect on Fuji? He pretty much will always have vision under Closed Eyes and possibly hearing too. Ryoma only needs hearing to play tennis. Yes Fuji will lose his sense of touch but it'd just be he miss a few shots by hitting too hard, and then he'd be hitting cord balls again and people will be like:

A: "How can he possibly hit a cord ball without touch?"
B: "That's why he's Fuji!"

Of course at that point Yukimura will pull his 'I can return anything' card so he'd still win, though I think it's a bit cheap since Yukimura's ability to return everything seems to depend on his enemy's inability to play tennis eventually, but for now he gets the win for having a reputation as someone who can return anything.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
TUnder Closed Eyes Fuji will always have sight + hearing so he is not vulnerable to the usual effects of yips.
Uhm, no. He's just so good that he doesn't need to open his eyes to know were the ball will be, but that doesn't mean he still has his sight.

Although I have to admit, I like your "Fuji is least susceptible to yips" theory, and I agree with it...

I'm gonna change my vote now, just because Yukimura is a boring character, Fuji deserves this win.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uhm, no. He's just so good that he doesn't need to open his eyes to know were the ball will be, but that doesn't mean he still has his sight.

Although I have to admit, I like your "Fuji is least susceptible to yips" theory, and I agree with it...

I'm gonna change my vote now, just because Yukimura is a boring character, Fuji deserves this win.
Fuji physically cannot see in the game against Kirihara after Kirihara hit him in the head which caused momentary blindness. He was literally blind at that point which is why it's supposed to be amazing that he can still play tennis while blind. Kirihara theorized that Fuji was using his hearing to compensate and started making loud noises, but had no effect on Fuji.

So from this we can see that Fuji does not need vision nor hearing to play tennis. Given his genius reputation it's pretty much trivial to compensate for a lack of touch. It wouldn't matter because Yukimura will just say, "Good thing I can return anything!" and Fuji has nothing to beat that.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Fuji physically cannot see in the game against Kirihara after Kirihara hit him in the head which caused momentary blindness. He was literally blind at that point which is why it's supposed to be amazing that he can still play tennis while blind. Kirihara theorized that Fuji was using his hearing to compensate and started making loud noises, but had no effect on Fuji.

So from this we can see that Fuji does not need vision nor hearing to play tennis. Given his genius reputation it's pretty much trivial to compensate for a lack of touch. It wouldn't matter because Yukimura will just say, "Good thing I can return anything!" and Fuji has nothing to beat that.
Well, Shiraishi was something like that, he was inmune to counters. Then 6th counter came and Fuji was able to beat Niou! Shiraishi.

I imagine Fuji doing a new counter( I don't know, 野生のミーアキャット lol) or realising how to Yip Yukimura. He's Super Fuji.

Last edited:

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, Shiraishi was something like that, he was inmune to counters. Then 6th counter came and Fuji was able to beat Niou! Shiraishi.

I imagine Fuji doing a new counter( I don't know, Yasei no mīakyatto lol) or realising how to Yip Yukimura. He's Super Fuji.
I think Yukimura's 'return anything' reputation is a bit overrated since it's implied even the standard Hyakuren + Tezuka Zone was enough to give him trouble, since he says Ryoma cannot use Tezuka Zone which left Hyakuren vulnerable, and we can see that he does have difficulty returning the Hyakuren shots (ended up lobbing the ball over which set up for a smash for Ryoma). Still, his 'final boss' status gives him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reputation.

Yukimura's ability to counter move almost seems like a joke. I imagine if faced with Duke Homerun he'd just be saying: "Tennis ball can't do that kind of damage!" and hit it back, even though in POT tennis balls clearly CAN do that kind of damage. I can see a scene like this plays out:

Fuji: "Krono's Lament!"
Inui: "Fuji used the wind and the Force to warp the fabrics of space and time and make the ball travel to the future!"
Random guy: "There's no way you can return that shot!"
Yukimura: "There is no such thing as time travel because I said so!" (returns the ball)
Fuji: "But I just invented time travel???"

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
*backhands Fuji and throws him out the window*

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Yukimura's 'return anything' reputation is a bit overrated since it's implied even the standard Hyakuren + Tezuka Zone was enough to give him trouble, since he says Ryoma cannot use Tezuka Zone which left Hyakuren vulnerable, and we can see that he does have difficulty returning the Hyakuren shots (ended up lobbing the ball over which set up for a smash for Ryoma). Still, his 'final boss' status gives him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reputation.

Yukimura's ability to counter move almost seems like a joke. I imagine if faced with Duke Homerun he'd just be saying: "Tennis ball can't do that kind of damage!" and hit it back, even though in POT tennis balls clearly CAN do that kind of damage. I can see a scene like this plays out:

Fuji: "Krono's Lament!"
Inui: "Fuji used the wind and the Force to warp the fabrics of space and time and make the ball travel to the future!"
Random guy: "There's no way you can return that shot!"
Yukimura: "There is no such thing as time travel because I said so!" (returns the ball)
Fuji: "But I just invented time travel???"
i just think yukimura has enough intelligence and technique to "SEE THROUGH" almost all special technique.

as far as not returning hyarkuren shots, yuki is fast, but no one can be at any part of the court at every instant. maybe a few.
the point is to beat yuki, you have to have better well rounded tennis skills. incidentally hyakuren helps echizens (regular tennis skills) and his shots execute at double the speed so that yuki cant catch up to initially. but would probably eventually.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
i just think yukimura has enough intelligence and technique to "SEE THROUGH" almost all special technique.

as far as not returning hyarkuren shots, yuki is fast, but no one can be at any part of the court at every instant. maybe a few.
the point is to beat yuki, you have to have better well rounded tennis skills. incidentally hyakuren helps echizens (regular tennis skills) and his shots execute at double the speed so that yuki cant catch up to initially. but would probably eventually.
Well Yukimura obviously has the 'boss' status sort of like how Atobe/Sanada can hit through most lesser techs Ryoma used while in Muga as if they're nothing. At least relative to original POT it seems like he can just arbitarily see thorugh any tech so that leaves Fuji pretty screwed since Fuji is incredibly dependent on techs. In NPOT we can see that Yukimura can't just get rid of certain things like Black Aura (Sanada scored with Black Aura even with yips so the aura obviously affects Yukimura). I guess you can say Yukumura can see through all POT techs but not necessarily all NPOT techs. Problem is Fuji has no new tech in NPOT yet.

While Yukimura is one of the top rally guys there's no reason to believe he's the top, since his rally against other top rally guys ends up with his enemy getting knocked out by yips. For example in the rally against Sanada it looks pretty back and forth until yips kicked in. Ryoma had the upper hand with moveable Hyakuren aura until he got yips, even though moveable Hyakuren aura is pretty hacks too. It's implied Tezuka with just Tezuka Zone + Hyakuren aura will give Yukimura some trouble, since Yukimura said something along the lines of: "If you can't hit the ball then Hyakuren is no threat... only Tezuka can create the perfect Tezuka Zone to cover for the lack of speed". That implies Tezuka would be a threat, though Tezuka's Hyakuren is likely weaker than Ryoma's moveable version (since he can't move it), but it'd at least give Yukimura trouble. The Ryoma vs Yukimura shows that Yukimura cannot return double powered shots perfectly.

That said Fuji doesn't strike me as that great at rally due to his overdependence on techs. In the game against Shiraishi, even after he improved you can see he still depends on upgraded moves to score off Shiraishi. That is, Fuji isn't going to fight Shiraishi's Bible Tennis (which seems to be strictly rallies) head on and win without any techs.

In some sense it's a bad matchup for both because for Yukimura this is probably the only middle schooler he can't knock out with yips not counting TnK hack-like powers but for Fuji this is also a bad matchup because this is only guy all of his techs are likely to have no effect on.

Last edited:

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
its not about seeing through npot or pot techs. the black aura is speculated to give sanada a stat boost, and yips immunity. its not a technique used with a shot, like twist serve or bjk, that is used to over power the opponent or make them not return the shot.

its only speculation. also i fogot if the black aura was constant while fighting yuki, or it just turned on then off.

in short , yuki, usually sees through special moves that make it across the net with the ball

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Of course at that point Yukimura will pull his 'I can return anything' card so he'd still win, though I think it's a bit cheap since Yukimura's ability to return everything seems to depend on his enemy's inability to play tennis eventually, but for now he gets the win for having a reputation as someone who can return anything.
BS.
Yuki returned everything Sanada had until BA. That is an un yipped Sanada as well.
He returned almost everything Ryoma had too.
Yuki doesn't depend on his opponent not playing tennis. It just gives a massive advantage. Base Yuki is strong anyway.
It's not like Sanada was ever close to taking a point off of him without BA.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

its only speculation. also i fogot if the black aura was constant while fighting yuki, or it just turned on then off.
It lasted for one shot. Like Ryoma VS Kintaro.

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

I believe that Fuji will have surpassed Yuki by the end of SPoT, but Fuji hasn't even played in SPoT, a.
Same. I see Fuji surpassing everybody until he becomes completely even with Tezuka.
I see Tezuka and Fuji being the top at the end. (Excluding Sanada).

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
what a scary thought. yuki being far above sanada. his level is much higher.

also i wonder how the yuki vs tezuka match played out way back in teh memories.

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Can Yukimura return Fifth Counter cleanly? And can he anticipate and catch Fuji's cord balls? Can he return Sixth Counter?

Just because Yukimura can see through a technique, doesn't mean that he can actually return it.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
what a scary thought. yuki being far above sanada. his level is much higher.

also i wonder how the yuki vs tezuka match played out way back in teh memories.
Yukimura might not have Yips yet. Otherwise, we know Tezuka Zone + Hyakuren is something that can earn a point against Yukimura, so Yips might not kick in. Yips effect might be weaker back then. Who knows, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.