[Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 1] Yukimura vs Fuji

Who will win?

• Yukimura Seiichi

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Fuji Shuusuke

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Yukimura might not have Yips yet. Otherwise, we know Tezuka Zone + Hyakuren is something that can earn a point against Yukimura, so Yips might not kick in. Yips effect might be weaker back then. Who knows, really.
Why?
TZ isn't too hard to break down for top tier players.
Its TP that is beast.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Why?
TZ isn't too hard to break down for top tier players.
Its TP that is beast.
When is TZ broken down? It's only break by Atobe's insight and Sanada special tech. Yukimura doesn't have a tech like that. Yukimura handle special shot. Tezuka Zone isn't really a special shot. And we're talking about back then. Otherwise, Hyakuren+Saiki would have beat Yukimura based on what we've seen and Yips most likely wouldn't kick in at all.

LetalHawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Really good match, but Fuji won't get a single game here. Yukimura will return all of Fuji's counters easily, including Hoshi Hanabi after dropping one point. Even if Fuji plays with CE, it's pretty much the same as with Fuwa, he'll get yipped quickly and Yukimura gets a really comfortable 6-0

Yukimura's base tennis>>>>>>>Fuji

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
When is TZ broken down? It's only break by Atobe's insight and Sanada special tech. Yukimura doesn't have a tech like that. Yukimura handle special shot. Tezuka Zone isn't really a special shot. And we're talking about back then. Otherwise, Hyakuren+Saiki would have beat Yukimura based on what we've seen and Yips most likely wouldn't kick in at all.
That's only what Sanada used. He did it from the first point easily.

Really and truly Sanada just changed between drop shots and hitting it hard all over the place.

You really think Top tier players can't hit drop shots or hit it hard all over the place?
Many top guys won't be cornered by TZ.
TPhantom is another story.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Tezuka Zone is based off hitting special shots with sidespin actually.
It isn't as fearful as TPhantom since the ball has to go back to Tezuka and he has to return it.
TPhantom is scarier.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Really good match, but Fuji won't get a single game here. Yukimura will return all of Fuji's counters easily, including Hoshi Hanabi after dropping one point. Even if Fuji plays with CE, it's pretty much the same as with Fuwa, he'll get yipped quickly and Yukimura gets a really comfortable 6-0

Yukimura's base tennis>>>>>>>Fuji
I don't think anyone can return Hoshi Hanabi yet to be honest. Like anyone.

However 5th Counter was easily returned perfectly by Niou back in PoT.
Here in SPoT, the Top tier guys will surely handle it cleanly.

@Fuji Shusuke, returning 5th Counter perfectly shouldn't be hard with someone who has superior technique.
This means Fuji won't get the chance to hit Hoshi Hanabi since it requires a Cord Ball.
Cord Balls barely occur in matches anyway.

And I doubt anybody is returning Hoshi Hanabi right now.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think there's a difference between Kirihara distracting with noise and somebody completely taking your sight and hearing...

Needless to say, I don't think Fuji will win in this situation.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't think anyone can return Hoshi Hanabi yet to be honest. Like anyone.

However 5th Counter was easily returned perfectly by Niou back in PoT.
Here in SPoT, the Top tier guys will surely handle it cleanly.

@Fuji Shusuke, returning 5th Counter perfectly shouldn't be hard with someone who has superior technique.
This means Fuji won't get the chance to hit Hoshi Hanabi since it requires a Cord Ball.
Cord Balls barely occur in matches anyway.

And I doubt anybody is returning Hoshi Hanabi right now.
Why not? Hoshi Hanabi isn't invincible. For example, players like Atobe could go ahead and use his evolved insight to see where the ball is and run to the baseline and return it comfortably. Since Tezuka!Niou returned 5th counter without forcing a cord ball, Yukimura who is miles ahead would do the same and then cord ball is sealed. And even if Fuji uses it, Yukimura is fast enough to run to the baseline and return it.

God's sake, Yuki returned FuuRinKaInZanRai without dropping a sweat. Fuji won't do that never. Fuji is not on Yuki's level, I think he'll be by the end of Shin, but right now, Yukimura is levels above.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
While Yukimura is one of the top rally guys there's no reason to believe he's the top, since his rally against other top rally guys ends up with his enemy getting knocked out by yips. For example in the rally against Sanada it looks pretty back and forth until yips kicked in.
Hey, this isn't true.
After Sanada broke out of Yips, Yuki still took points off of him.
So nothing says that Yuki isn't near the top in terms of rallying if you're going to go by that.

Ryoma only could take a point off of Yuki with Hyakkuren that moves around the body. Something which Tezuka couldn't do. So we can assume this appears in extremely rare cases since only the main character pulled it off.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Why not? Hoshi Hanabi isn't invincible. For example, players like Atobe could go ahead and use his evolved insight to see where the ball is and run to the baseline and return it comfortably. Since Tezuka!Niou returned 5th counter without forcing a cord ball, Yukimura who is miles ahead would do the same and then cord ball is sealed. And even if Fuji uses it, Yukimura is fast enough to run to the baseline and return it.
Sure, but maybe the anime's exaggeration has made me think this, but... Dat crash from the sky... the way it flew into the seats of the audience... instantly...
It was just amazing.

It's true it isn't impossible and sooner or later, the top tier guys will have to be able to return it, but it looked so amazing in the OVA's.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can Yukimura return Fifth Counter cleanly? And can he anticipate and catch Fuji's cord balls? Can he return Sixth Counter?

Just because Yukimura can see through a technique, doesn't mean that he can actually return it.
Based on POT? Easily, because all he has to do say is "There's no such thing as (whatever)" to return it, based on his POT appearance.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Hey, this isn't true.
After Sanada broke out of Yips, Yuki still took points off of him.
So nothing says that Yuki isn't near the top in terms of rallying if you're going to go by that.

Ryoma only could take a point off of Yuki with Hyakkuren that moves around the body. Something which Tezuka couldn't do. So we can assume this appears in extremely rare cases since only the main character pulled it off.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

It's not clear if Sanada scored a point when he first got the black aura or did it happen later but the score is either 3-1 or 4-1 after Sanada used Black Aura.

That said at that point Sanada clearly hasn't quite figured out how the aura works so you can't expect him to fully break out of yips. All the aura proves is that something can break out of yips (otherwise he wouldn't score a point), and that there are things Yukimura do not understand (he fears the aura). In his POT final boss status he'd just say: "That aura is useless!" and counter it, but in NPOT it shows there are techniques/buffs/whatever that Yukimura cannot just counter at will.

Prior to yips, Sanada and Yukimura are still on the first point until Sanada finally failed to return a point due to yips. Now, this shows Yukimura is one of the top rally guys but this doesn't mean he is THE top. There's no indication that, in the absence of yips, why Sanada can't keep the rally going forever. Looking at the physique presumably Sanada even has better endurance, and we also got guys who can rally for 40 minutes at once (Ryoma/Kintarou). Atobe is another classic endurance player. While there's no indication they can score a point off Yukimura, there's alos no indication Yukimura can score a point off these guys without yips. So you'd just get into an endurance match and one would have to assume that can't possibly be his strong point since he just had a major surgery and all that at least compared to the mega endurance guys.

Yukimura can't flat out hit through Tezuka Zone. Otherwise, he'd simply say: "Hyakuren aura is useless" and skip the whole Tezuka part. If he can hit through Tezuka Zone effortlessly, it'd make no difference whether it was Ryoma or Tezuka that's using the Hyakuren aura. We know from his description that the Hyakuren aura's weakness is that it slows you down since you're concentrating all your aura on your hand. If he's immune to Tezuka Zone, then you'd expect the exact same outcome if he played Tezuka compared to Ryoma. Yet Yukimura specifically said that Ryoma is not yet at the level of Tezuka, implying that the outcome would be different against Tezuka.

Now of course Yukimura as is isn't going to lose to Tezuka (national finals level) either, but Hyakuren aura + TZone = threat to him. We can see when Ryoma overcome the speed issue Hyakuren aura was giving him problem.

Last edited:

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
While Yukimura is one of the top rally guys there's no reason to believe he's the top, since his rally against other top rally guys ends up with his enemy getting knocked out by yips. For example in the rally against Sanada it looks pretty back and forth until yips kicked in.
that's what I kind of hate about yukimura.

some players he cant beat with regular rallies becuase they keep returning the ball back to him........ so he activates yips to stop them. i mean in long dragged out match yuki will probably win, but he says fck it. YIPS TIME.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
For what it's worth, here are my thoughts to what has been said.

Black Aura is NOT A TECHNIQUE. Every single Aura/State in the entire series simply has a boost in base stats which may or may not in effect grant someone the ability to do something (ex: Saiki's boost in Mental grants them enough mind power to accurately predict shots / Hyakuren's boost in power and technique grants the ability to return shots and send them back at twice the power, etc)

Selfless State - Boost in speed and technique, decrease in stamina.
Devil State - Boost in speed, power, and technique
Hyakuren Aura - Boost in power and technique
Saiki Aura - Boost in mental
Perfection Aura - Boost in speed, power, mental, stamina, and technique
Black Aura - Probably the same ^

As for Tezuka Zone, I do not believe just because Sanada was able to break it that Yukimura could do the same. Sanada is a tank when it comes to power. Yukimura is a full-blooded technician. Yuki does not have the power that comes out of Sanada, so I don't believe he is physically strong enough to be effective with the same method Sanada used. In fact, I think T-Zone is the one technique that would actually give Tezuka the upper hand against Yukimura. Reason being, it is deadly when paired together with Hyakuren and Saiki at the same time (excluding that whole PoP thing Tezuka has now..)

ashore said:
what a scary thought. yuki being far above sanada. his level is much higher.
Not even Airgrimes would agree with this.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
that's what I kind of hate about yukimura.

some players he cant beat with regular rallies becuase they keep returning the ball back to him........ so he activates yips to stop them. i mean in long dragged out match yuki will probably win, but he says fck it. YIPS TIME.
Sometimes I feel Yukimura probably already has Saiki and he just activates it and it'd be like "What the heck 2539 rallies? Screw that, yips it is."

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

For what it's worth, here are my thoughts to what has been said.

Black Aura is NOT A TECHNIQUE. Every single Aura/State in the entire series simply has a boost in base stats which may or may not in effect grant someone the ability to do something (ex: Saiki's boost in Mental grants them enough mind power to accurately predict shots / Hyakuren's boost in power and technique grants the ability to return shots and send them back at twice the power, etc)

Selfless State - Boost in speed and technique, decrease in stamina.
Devil State - Boost in speed, power, and technique
Hyakuren Aura - Boost in power and technique
Saiki Aura - Boost in mental
Perfection Aura - Boost in speed, power, mental, stamina, and technique
Black Aura - Probably the same ^

As for Tezuka Zone, I do not believe just because Sanada was able to break it that Yukimura could do the same. Sanada is a tank when it comes to power. Yukimura is a full-blooded technician. Yuki does not have the power that comes out of Sanada, so I don't believe he is physically strong enough to be effective with the same method Sanada used. In fact, I think T-Zone is the one technique that would actually give Tezuka the upper hand against Yukimura. Reason being, it is deadly when paired together with Hyakuren and Saiki at the same time (excluding that whole PoP thing Tezuka has now..)

Black Aura is a buff but the only aura that bothered Yukimura in the original POT was TnK. He dismissed Hyakuren aura as useless (at least without TZone), so we can see by the time NPOT rolls around he no longer can brush off everything he runs into as irrelevent/useless.

If Yukimura can break TZone straight up he wouldn't need to distinguish the difference between Tezuka using Hyakuren and Ryoma using it, since the result would be the same. It's implied that a user of Hyakuren aura is slower and this applies to Tezuka as well, but Tezuka can cover this weakness due to TZone.

At any rate although Hyakuren aura does give him trouble I assume in the long run he'd adjust and follow the same pattern Chitose did versus Hyakuren (basically don't use any strong shots ever).

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
On Yukimura/Tezuka/Sanada topic, I think at the end of PoT, this is the way it is

Tezuka>Yukimura>Sanada>Tezuka

So, pretty much Rock-paper-scissor

Sometimes I feel Yukimura probably already has Saiki and he just activates it and it'd be like "What the heck 2539 rallies? Screw that, yips it is."
Saiki supposely calculated the minimum amount + best way to win the shot. As Chitose do stll use Kamikakushi. Yukimura's Saiki, if he had one, would include Yips.

At any rate although Hyakuren aura does give him trouble I assume in the long run he'd adjust and follow the same pattern Chitose did versus Hyakuren (basically don't use any strong shots ever).
Doesn't help against Saiki, still. Sanada just happens to have a trump card against Saiki. Saiki is a GREAT aura.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
On Yukimura/Tezuka/Sanada topic, I think at the end of PoT, this is the way it is

Tezuka>Yukimura>Sanada>Tezuka

So, pretty much Rock-paper-scissor

Saiki supposely calculated the minimum amount + best way to win the shot. As Chitose do stll use Kamikakushi. Yukimura's Saiki, if he had one, would include Yips.

Doesn't help against Saiki, still. Sanada just happens to have a trump card against Saiki. Saiki is a GREAT aura.
Tezuka got nothing that can deal with yips so Yukimura would beat him easily, as of POT. Yukimura is easily the top player in POT not counting Ryoma's main character immunity. The rock paper scissor relationship would be Tezuka > Atobe > Sanada > Tezuka since their moves are said to specifically counter each other (TZone owns World of Ice, World of Ice owns all of Sanada's moves, Sanada's moves owns Tezuka).

I think Saiki by itself is weaker than Hyakuren because Hyakuren can defeat someone better than you (it's implied in absence of yips Hyakuren aura + TZone can defeat Yukimura), while I suspect if you use only have Saiki and you use it against Yukimura you'll just see that you cannot win, even if he doesn't use yips. Saiki beats Hyakuren but Hyakuren is more useful all-purpose aura. It cleans up equal level/weak opponents just fine and can potentially beat someone better than you, and most importantly it can return unreturnable power shots while Saiki would just tell you 'you can't return this shot because it's too powerful'. You only come out behind if you've only Hyakuren versus a guy who only has Saiki.

Note that in the game against Yukimura, Ryoma stopped using Saiki after he got hit by yips, even though he still has his Hyakuren aura at that point. I think it's safe to say that yips do not stop you from using Saiki but in the state of yips, using Saiki will just tell you that you got no chance of winning.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Tezuka got nothing that can deal with yips so Yukimura would beat him easily, as of POT. Yukimura is easily the top player in POT not counting Ryoma's main character immunity. The rock paper scissor relationship would be Tezuka > Atobe > Sanada > Tezuka since their moves are said to specifically counter each other (TZone owns World of Ice, World of Ice owns all of Sanada's moves, Sanada's moves owns Tezuka).

I think Saiki by itself is weaker than Hyakuren because Hyakuren can defeat someone better than you (it's implied in absence of yips Hyakuren aura + TZone can defeat Yukimura), while I suspect if you use only have Saiki and you use it against Yukimura you'll just see that you cannot win, even if he doesn't use yips. Saiki beats Hyakuren but Hyakuren is more useful all-purpose aura. It cleans up equal level/weak opponents just fine and can potentially beat someone better than you, and most importantly it can return unreturnable power shots while Saiki would just tell you 'you can't return this shot because it's too powerful'. You only come out behind if you've only Hyakuren versus a guy who only has Saiki.

Note that in the game against Yukimura, Ryoma stopped using Saiki after he got hit by yips, even though he still has his Hyakuren aura at that point. I think it's safe to say that yips do not stop you from using Saiki but in the state of yips, using Saiki will just tell you that you got no chance of winning.
Yips kick in because you thought you can't hit a ball past Yukimura. Echizen was making points too late. If Tezuka used Saiki+Hyakuren from the beginning, he won't lose a point, thus, Yips won't even kick in.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
why do people still insist rallies are needed for yips to kick in?

i thought puri pair states yuki controls yips at will and no rallies are needed to activate?

EDIT : i recall puri pair says... people watching the tennis match close to yukimura also felt the yips. meaning ralliees aren't needed. the tennis audience never rallied with yuki and still felt yips.

Please clarify yukimura and puri pair experts.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i thought puri pair states yuki controls yips at will and no rallies are needed to activate?

EDIT : i recall puri pair says... people watching the tennis match close to yukimura also felt the yips. meaning ralliees aren't needed. the tennis audience never rallied with yuki and still felt yips.
The thing that comes closest to what you're saying is:

Yukimura's strength by itself causes those around him to inadvertently tense up.
That doesn't mean they all go blind or deaf though. If you recall, nobody in the audience felt anything during the national finals, Kintarou had to explain the feeling he had to the rest of his team.

Assuming he can activate it at will, why didn't he do it against Ryoma right away? In order to win the championship, that would have been the safest way. And if you're saying it's because Ryoma didn't give him any trouble until he activate Hyakuren, why did he use it against Sanada at all? Yukimura cleanly returned all of Sanada's techniques without any issues, and on top of that he wanted to enjoy playing that day (which would mean, as long as he isn't cornered, he wouldn't want to activate it at all).

I think from what we've seen so far, it's implied that he can't activate it whenever he wants.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
World of Ice owns all of Sanada's moves
LOL False.

Sanada's "In" alone would defeat WoI, let alone Rai. That statement was just ridiculous.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It's not clear if Sanada scored a point when he first got the black aura or did it happen later but the score is either 3-1 or 4-1 after Sanada used Black Aura.
No. Sanada got that one point because of Black Aura.
After Black Aura, he is able to walk back to his baseline. When before the Black Aura he couldn't move around.
So he wasn't yipped, but Yuki took points off of him. Sanada could not take Yips off of Yuki without Black Aura.
Everything I have said here is factual.

That said at that point Sanada clearly hasn't quite figured out how the aura works so you can't expect him to fully break out of yips. All the aura proves is that something can break out of yips (otherwise he wouldn't score a point), and that there are things Yukimura do not understand (he fears the aura). In his POT final boss status he'd just say: "That aura is useless!" and counter it, but in NPOT it shows there are techniques/buffs/whatever that Yukimura cannot just counter at will.
Sanada was completely out of yips. He walked away casually. After Yuki says ''THought I could have fun playing tennis today'' the next page we see Yuki win the tie-break and Sanada hand Yuki his ball and leave. He was not under Yips at all.
No matter which way you look at it.

Prior to yips, Sanada and Yukimura are still on the first point until Sanada finally failed to return a point due to yips. Now, this shows Yukimura is one of the top rally guys but this doesn't mean he is THE top. There's no indication that, in the absence of yips, why Sanada can't keep the rally going forever. Looking at the physique presumably Sanada even has better endurance, and we also got guys who can rally for 40 minutes at once (Ryoma/Kintarou).
After this, we find out Yukimura thought he was just having fun.
Another thing is that outside of Yips, at 4-1, Yukimura takes all points from there. Sanada couldn't take a point off of Yuki without Black Aura.
So really, if the game had gone on longer, its quite clear that Yuki would be the one to be taking more points. Its clear as day.
Sanada didn't show he could take points off of Yuki without Black Aura.

Atobe is another classic endurance player. While there's no indication they can score a point off Yukimura, there's alos no indication Yukimura can score a point off these guys without yips. So you'd just get into an endurance match and one would have to assume that can't possibly be his strong point since he just had a major surgery and all that at least compared to the mega endurance guys.
Actually, if Irie was taking points off of Atobe casually in rallying, I don't think taking points off of Atobe is such a big thing.
It's defending AK that should take work.

Yukimura can't flat out hit through Tezuka Zone. Otherwise, he'd simply say: "Hyakuren aura is useless" and skip the whole Tezuka part. If he can hit through Tezuka Zone effortlessly, it'd make no difference whether it was Ryoma or Tezuka that's using the Hyakuren aura.
I agree with this. But who has TZ+Hyakkuren besides Tezuka?
Who has Hyakku Ren - Whole Body besides Ryoma?
So its not like its a general thing in taking points for players.

We know from his description that the Hyakuren aura's weakness is that it slows you down since you're concentrating all your aura on your hand. If he's immune to Tezuka Zone, then you'd expect the exact same outcome if he played Tezuka compared to Ryoma. Yet Yukimura specifically said that Ryoma is not yet at the level of Tezuka, implying that the outcome would be different against Tezuka.
Yeah, I agree that it should have given him trouble and Yips would probably be the key.

Now of course Yukimura as is isn't going to lose to Tezuka (national finals level) either, but Hyakuren aura + TZone = threat to him. We can see when Ryoma overcome the speed issue Hyakuren aura was giving him problem.
I agree with this.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Yips kick in because you thought you can't hit a ball past Yukimura. Echizen was making points too late. If Tezuka used Saiki+Hyakuren from the beginning, he won't lose a point, thus, Yips won't even kick in.
Not necessarily, Fuwa may have taken points off of Yuki.
Taking points off of Yuki isn't the decisive thing from Yips. You could still get Yipped by Yuki.
It's something that is nearly impossibe to defend against.

I reckon Konomi will have only the VERY TOP TIER players be able to play against Yips. I reckon Ryoga, Tokugawa, Oni, Irie, Byoudouin and Tanegashima will be the only possible HSers who can play Yuki and force him into a corner after making Yips not work.
Of the MSers, Ryoma, Sanada are the only guys we can know can push Yuki into a corner after making Yips not work.

Fuji? Lol. Not just yet. Maybe later.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

It may be more useful but think about it from weak looking guy like Chitose's view. Surely his Saiki will find a way to break Power shots, for instance, being able to hit to corners side-to-side so Power Swings are sealed or something.
I think Saiki can be even more effective than Hyakku Ren.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

It's true.
With Black Aura, it could be a 7-5 or 6-4 win going either way.
Since after the Black Jersey have returned, we've been shown that maybe Yips can get you regardless of either winning or losing points.

And also, we are yet to see Yuki pushed into a corner like in the Nationals Finals against TMnK!Ryoma without being up against Plot Power.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Not necessarily, Fuwa may have taken points off of Yuki.
Taking points off of Yuki isn't the decisive thing from Yips. You could still get Yipped by Yuki.
It's something that is nearly impossibe to defend against.
That's Upgraded Yips in SPoT. It's probably not clear on my post, but I'm talking about strictly about end of PoT stands between the top 3 men that doesn't include Ryoma, with the "trigger" activation being what people guess it is. Obviously this change in SPoT.

And I do believe Fuwa definitely get point off Yukimura, so you're right on that.

Here
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c051/5.html
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v04/c051/6.html

Fuwa hit a ball, and stand, talking. That means he DID not move. Yukimura was not in moving motion either. This means,

-Fuwa hit a ball and gets a point.
-Fuwa hit a ball and either Fuwa or Yukimura stop the ball in midair by some super ultra magic trick that isn't known to mankind so that he and Yukimura can do an awesome pose before continuing with the ball flying in midair.

Oh, and for Eiji's interview in Pair Puri, doesn't Yukimura use Yips to take away Eiji's taste? But I'm not too sure how seriously you should take that, as it is just a joke.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
The thing that comes closest to what you're saying is:

That doesn't mean they all go blind or deaf though. If you recall, nobody in the audience felt anything during the national finals, Kintarou had to explain the feeling he had to the rest of his team.

Assuming he can activate it at will, why didn't he do it against Ryoma right away? In order to win the championship, that would have been the safest way. And if you're saying it's because Ryoma didn't give him any trouble until he activate Hyakuren, why did he use it against Sanada at all? Yukimura cleanly returned all of Sanada's techniques without any issues, and on top of that he wanted to enjoy playing that day (which would mean, as long as he isn't cornered, he wouldn't want to activate it at all).

I think from what we've seen so far, it's implied that he can't activate it whenever he wants.
fair justification

that's just it, in the manga and an they dont focus on the what teh audience is experiencing.

at first i thought yuki emits an aura and pepole around him may feel the affects of yips, but it seems
like a directed technique. it does beg the question... why dont yuki just yips an opponent before the
match starts?

It might be true that you might need to rally to activate yips.
I'm more curious how long he had this ability. was it because he had that yips like disease and is
able to project it out towards someone after overcoming his personal trauma? or did he always have this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.