[Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Semifinals - Team 2 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Kai vs Akutagawa

Who will win?

• Kai Yuujirou

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Akutagawa Jirou

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
While this talk about side characters is nice and all, remember that this is Kai vs Akutagawa, so something slightly more on-topic would be appreciated.
Kaoz, you think Jirou could seal Viking Horn?

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
you think Jirou could seal Viking Horn?
I don't think he could seal it, Kikumaru couldn't.
But Viking Horn won't stop Jirou from taking points with MV at a slightly faster rate.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't think he could seal it, Kikumaru couldn't.
But Viking Horn won't stop Jirou from taking points with MV at a slightly faster rate.
Also, Kai's Sukuchihou won't work if Jirou aims at the corners, so then he would have to run all the way up to the net and waste stamina, that might lower the speed of Viking Horn at some point, then Jirou would be able to return it eventually.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
No. In fact, it might prevent him from advancing completely.
Then Kai could just hit Viking Horn over and over and 6-0 Jirou

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Someone please explain me what's so great in Viking Horn. I didn't understand why Kikumaru wasn't able to seal it (I thought it was just Konomi trying to make an even match).

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Viking Horn delays the time the ball is hit, so it forces the other person to take an action first. Unless they have very good court coverage, it's hard to catch up. It's kind of like Akutsu's shots, just that Kai isn't as flexible and thus more limited.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Viking Horn delays the time the ball is hit, so it forces the other person to take an action first. Unless they have very good court coverage, it's hard to catch up. It's kind of like Akutsu's shots, just that Kai isn't as flexible and thus more limited.
Can't you just wait till the ball is hit? lol

I mean: the more time to reach the net, the better for Jirou. Delaying the hit wouldn't be so useful :/

It's not like Akutsu shots, he was able to return almost anything and attack at the same time, he's not that limited.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can't you just wait till the ball is hit? lol

I mean: the more time to reach the net, the better for Jirou. Delaying the hit wouldn't be so useful :/

It's not like Akutsu shots, he was able to return almost anything and attack at the same time, he's not that limited.
Depends on how fast you can move towards either side. If you are fast enough to catch up to the ball, you can just wait (see Kamio vs Sengoku), but if not, the ball will just go past you. Jirou doesn't have great coverage to the sides from what we know, so he'd have to decide for a side before Kai hits, leaving an opening on the other side.

Akutsu hits after you move. Kai hits after you move. That's the similarity I was referring to. Of course Akutsu has other abilities on top of that that Kai is lacking.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Depends on how fast you can move towards either side. If you are fast enough to catch up to the ball, you can just wait (see Kamio vs Sengoku), but if not, the ball will just go past you. Jirou doesn't have great coverage to the sides from what we know, so he'd have to decide for a side before Kai hits, leaving an opening on the other side.

Akutsu hits after you move. Kai hits after you move. That's the similarity I was referring to. Of course Akutsu has other abilities on top of that that Kai is lacking.
Wait, but if Kai keeps spamming the Viking Horn, sooner or later Jirou would get used to it, as if it was a regular shot.

I don't see how Kai would seal the MVs though...

Edit: no, Jirou doesn't have great coverage, he's just 1,60 mts tall

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Wait, but if Kai keeps spamming the Viking Horn, sooner or later Jirou would get used to it, as if it was a regular shot.

I don't see how Kai would seal the MVs though...

Edit: no, Jirou doesn't have great coverage, he's just 1,60 mts tall
Would he? Jirou doesn't really show great ability to adept to techniques he just met, at all. Thus he get 6-1 by Fuji. Fuji techniques is most likely a stronger tech than Viking Horn, but if Jirou doesn't show an ability to adept to new techniques before, I don't see how he should be assume to be able to adept to new techniques here.

I also don't see how Kai can't just "get used to" magic volley too. This argument is kind of dull.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Would he? Jirou doesn't really show great ability to adept to techniques he just met, at all. Thus he get 6-1 by Fuji. Fuji techniques is most likely a stronger tech than Viking Horn, but if Jirou doesn't show an ability to adept to new techniques before, I don't see how he should be assume to be able to adept to new techniques here.

I also don't see how Kai can't just "get used to" magic volley too. This argument is kind of dull.
Well, I think we haven't seen a magic volley returned, not even 1, it's a tech that needs to be sealed. Viking Horn is just a delayed shot, if he keeps spamming it, then by the 4th or 5th game it'll look like a regular shot.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, I think we haven't seen a magic volley returned, not even 1, it's a tech that needs to be sealed. Viking Horn is just a delayed shot, if he keeps spamming it, then by the 4th or 5th game it'll look like a regular shot.
Thank you. First of all, what good is shukuchiho, if Jirou can hit MV's to the side.
Since Shukuchiho is vertical teleportation, a shot to the side is an instant point.

Secondly, nobody has returned MV. It has to be sealed by a player with a great technique or good skill.

Lastly, we know that VH isn't something that Kai can hit as freely as Jirou volleys since Kikumaru continued to get points even whilst Kai was using VH.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lastly, we know that VH isn't something that Kai can hit as freely as Jirou volleys since Kikumaru continued to get points even whilst Kai was using VH.
Kikumaru lost 4 straight games and only started winning points again after he used his one man doubles. Kai can hit VH from every place on the court, Jirou has to get to the net first.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Kikumaru lost 4 straight games and only started winning points again after he used his one man doubles. Kai can hit VH from every place on the court, Jirou has to get to the net first.
Ah, my memory faileld me then.
So Jirou can only hit MV when Kai serves. So this could go into tie-break...
I'm unsure with Jirou now...

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Ah, my memory faileld me then.
So Jirou can only hit MV when Kai serves. So this could go into tie-break...
I'm unsure with Jirou now...
But MV isn't that hard to return f you think about it. Players like Hirakoba who are stronger than Kai would eventually reutrn hit and spam Habu, Jirou won't return it. Kite with his All-directions Sukuchihou would return it easily. It's a really good move MV, but against mid-high tier players, it's useless.

This could go into a tie-break, yes. Jirou will take some games and return VH at last in the last points.

Jirou can hit MV when Kai serves? How? what if he does VH and Jirou can't volley it?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kai Yuujirou: 4 votes
Akutagawa Jirou: 9 votes

Winner: Akutagawa Jirou

Status
Not open for further replies.