Discussion - Airbus A380: A bubble waiting to burst or a diamond waiting to shine? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Airbus A380: A bubble waiting to burst or a diamond waiting to shine?

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Today, we'll take a journey to the world of aeronautical and aerospace engineering. xD

Anyway, as we all know (I assume that you all know), Airbus caught the world of engineering by storm in April 27, 2005. It was known as the largest passenger plane in the world. All the hype started to build up and within a year time, 166 planes were ordered by different airlines around the world. Fly Emirates tops the list with a staggering order of 43 planes. (That will surely take up a lot of their airport ground, won't they?XD) blahblahblah.....bad news tumbled upon Airbus. Suddenly, they were caught up with different troubles and problems. The Germans and the French didn't work out quite well on the wiring system because they used different software,standard,whatever it was. Airbus's share market dropped, they suffered huge losses from the delay of deliveries. They couldn't finish their gargantuan project in time to deliver the result and in the most recent case, Thail Airlines threatens to cancel the order of A380. Airbus was ambitious to make a plane so big that it will dwarf Boeing. (these business people with their craze for profit XD) However, now the plan backfires and Airbus has to even cut down its spending on A350, another model of Airbus which has been contributing the most profit to the company.

My question is, is A380 just another man's wild dream that is only waiting for a collapse or is it a symbol of a future generation, a future of revolution, a new level of space comfort? What is it? Which side does this A380 belong to? Will it soar up the skies or will it just be another memorabilia of Airbus company? XD Discuss.

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Eileen said:
My question is, is A380 just another man's wild dream that is only waiting for a collapse or is it a symbol of a future generation, a future of revolution, a new level of space comfort? What is it? Which side does this A380 belong to? Will it soar up the skies or will it just be another memorabilia of Airbus company? XD Discuss.
I think it is wild dream waiting to collapse for now... but I'm not including, that in the far future it will be quite revolution maybe :x But before they will produce something, they should be better preapred, not that you produce something, and than it will be not compatible with countrys which were buying that..

War

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Well, I think that the A380 will be successful. After all, they already failed once. That was a learning experience for them and I guess they should have learnt from it. Moreover, they have professionals on the task. It's a diamond.

Take Newton as an example. He finally succeeded in bringing science one step forward by inventing the light bulb after 1000 tries, right? For this case, I don't think it'll take 1000 tries, but it'll succeed this time.

After all, if you dare to dream, you'll succeed. XD

*-Edited. Thanks to Xophien for spotting my really bad mistake. :darn

Last edited:

Xophien

Eroge Danchou
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
xantos said:
Well, I think that the A380 will be successful. After all, they already failed once. That was a learning experience for them and I guess they should have learnt from it. Moreover, they have professionals on the task. It's a diamond.

Take Einstein as an example. He finally succeeded in bringing science one step forward by inventing the light bulb after 1000 tries, right? For this case, I don't think it'll take 1000 tries, but it'll succeed this time.

After all, if you dare to dream, you'll succeed. XD
Yeah, well, Einstein didn't really invent the light bulb but well, I'm not really sure it'll be a happy ending there. Unfortunately, Dream and Profitability don't well with each other, and most of the time, the latter is winning. I'd like for it to succeed (being the chauvinist french I am :D), but I'm not that optimistic about its future...

War

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Xophien said:
Yeah, well, Einstein didn't really invent the light bulb but well, I'm not really sure it'll be a happy ending there. Unfortunately, Dream and Profitability don't well with each other, and most of the time, the latter is winning. I'd like for it to succeed (being the chauvinist french I am :D), but I'm not that optimistic about its future...
Oh geez. It just slipped my mind. My bad my bad. It was Newton. xP

craziii

Reaction score
Country
United States
from what the OP wrote, I can tell it is an internal problem no? from the different standards of the 2 countries that cause the delivery delays, which in turn cause profit lost. on another note, why would they introduce a product with a design that isn't even finalize and took orders for it too? that just doesn't make sense from any kind of business stand point.

War

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
craziii said:
on another note, why would they introduce a product with a design that isn't even finalize and took orders for it too? that just doesn't make sense from any kind of business stand point.
Ahh... Thats just typical business-making. For example, some houses are even bought the moment they are announced even though they haven't been built yet. I believe its something called advance-booking.

For example, those who bought first get to choose their units first,etc.

DemonDays

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Wont the fuel consumption of this new AirBus be larger than that of a normal plane?
Isn't this just going to make our pollution and oil supply situation even worse?

War

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
DemonDays said:
Wont the fuel consumption of this new AirBus be larger than that of a normal plane?
Isn't this just going to make our pollution and oil supply situation even worse?
Yeah, but it can take so many more passengers.

In the end, the number of 'normal' planes taken to transport these passengers use more fuel than the AirBus. =)

Harkken

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
it's not gonna collapse, theses kind of problem is like daily lunch for aircraft manufacturer company. I think the real diamond will be boeing 787 dreamliner or the super cruise(it's still far in the future though)

every single mistake bring another further step in aviation history xD

Zaloof

Reaction score
hmm since im going to aviation collage, i dont like the idea for the Airbus to collapse :p
but my uncle is a pilot to and he says that the Boeing is far better then Airbus because its enormous size can be a handicap in plane accidents and crisis situation

Harkken

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
hmm i think accident factor is irrelevant, because accident can happen anytime (either bad weather or human error) regardless the size of the aircraft.

Zaloof

Reaction score
hmm i think accident factor is irrelevant, because accident can happen anytime (either bad weather or human error) regardless the size of the aircraft.
i didnt mean that it has many errors. i said that the plane is hard to control DURING accidents because of its size