Seinen - Nejimaki Kagyu by NAKAYAMA Atsushi | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Nejimaki Kagyu by NAKAYAMA Atsushi

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: [Featured] Nejimaki Kagyu by NAKAYAMA Atsushi

Agreed 100%. Though I guess if it hasn't gotten one by now --with nearly three years of serialization, that it probably won't. I mean hell, it hasn't even gotten a VOMIC. Nejimaki's popularty really confuses me. It gets color pages quite often (and no not just when a new volume is out.), It gets side chapters in other magazines, it releases volumes several months consecutively, and people's opinion of it seems to be pretty decent at least. (Going by Japanese blogs and Amazon reviews.), yet I've never once seen it on an oricon chart, it's not one of WYJ's flagships, and it doesn't generate much buzz other than getting on the 'Kono manga wa sugoi' list once. So is it popular? Or unpopular? Shueisha doesn't seem like the sorta company to let something just exist like Shogakukan seems to, so there's gotta be a reason why it hasn't been cancelled desipte seemingly not selling well, as well as not getting much promotion despite it running for nearly three years. Gokoku no something-something is getting an anime and it hasn't run as long as Nejimaki. I really wish someone had an idea of what it sells period...
Well, Kingdom got vomic and anime pretty late; plus, Terra Formars and Tokyo Ghoul haven't got vomic yet, but I think those are getting straight to animation. So, lets hope Kagyuu to become like either Kingdom or Terra Formars/Tokyo Ghoul.

---------- Post added February 05, 2014 at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was January 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM ----------

After reading this week's issue, I think this series is possibly starting its final arc.

Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, Kingdom got vomic and anime pretty late; plus, Terra Formars and Tokyo Ghoul haven't got vomic yet, but I think those are getting straight to animation. So, lets hope Kagyuu to become like either Kingdom or Terra Formars/Tokyo Ghoul.

---------- Post added February 05, 2014 at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was January 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM ----------

After reading this week's issue, I think this series is possibly starting its final arc.
Yeah I get that idea too after reading this week's chapter. There really isn't much more to do now besides the BC and Mori. I hope it's one of those cases where the anime comes after the manga is done maybe.

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I hope it's one of those cases where the anime comes after the manga is done maybe.
I hope that, too. But, I don't think it really isn't likely happen that way.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I hope that, too. But, I don't think it really isn't likely happen that way.
I don't think so either. Still it's nice that Nakayama managed to get a series to last a while. Hopefully his next work gets more attention. (If Nejimaki is really set to end soon.)

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Nakamura Atsushi (author of this series) draw the special picture of 81 Diver (also series from Young Jump).

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

No offense to the author of 81 Diver, but that looks way better than his art(IMO).

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Since the likelihood of an anime actually happening is like super low, I figure talking about my fevered mad-man-ish dreams for one here won't hurt.

I just watched a bit more of Kill-la-kill and dude Imaishi x Trigger fit this series like a glove. I'd hope of course with Shuiesha putting some cash in that the animation budget will be a bit higher end but otherwise Nejimaki Kagyu by Trigger would be sweet love. As for seiyuu...I dunno really. Kagyuu is actually super tough to cast (IMO.)

Tetsuya Kakehara might make a decent Kamo though...Rie Kugimya or Yukari Tamura could do Shino. Ami Koshimizu or Marina Inoue for Olufe Yuu Sugimoto for Egumi, maybe Yuka Iguchi for Ageha? (Tomie describes her voice as a high pitched squeal from time to time so...) Speaking of Tomie...she's tough to cast too. Anyway this is just to get things started....if anyone even comes here.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

Yup, that's Kagyuu.
Wait which chapter is that?! :o It's like she 18+ years old in that pic...

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

It is chapter 133.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

It seems like the prettier she becomes, the more ragged Kamo gets. Check this out.

Though admittably he does look really badass.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

It seems like the prettier she becomes, the more ragged Kamo gets. Check this out.

Though admittably he does look really badass.
Indeed he is^^ Can't wait to actually see later who this is addressed to when I read it^^

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Man this week's chapter. It was really crazy. Next week can't come fast enough....Why is this not an anime?!

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

If you say that, then why there isn't anime for Usogui?
Too "original"... wouldn't sell well as an anime, maybe? dunno (never read the series)

Last edited:

Kaizou 10

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Too "original"... would sell well as an anime, maybe? dunno (never read the series)
Maybe it needs to become as popular as Tokyo Ghoul or Kingdom in order to get an anime. :p

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

Maybe it needs to become as popular as Tokyo Ghoul or Kingdom in order to get an anime. :p
Lol that'll never happen. It's like saying Toriko reaching the same amount of sales Bleach had during the Arrancar and Aizen arc. I don't know for Nejimaki but the other series have already reached their highest point. Only a really good anime adaptation could make sales increase.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

If you say that, then why there isn't anime for Usogui?
Couldn't say. I don't read Usogui. I never said 'Oh why is this really popular manga not an anime', I simply asked rhetorically why it is not animated. Besides that, while popularity is a help on the road of gaining an anime adaptation it isn't the end all be all.

That being said, I'd be fine with a Nejimaki VOMIC at this rate. It just seems to be a shame that it doesn't get anything despite lasting for three years almost.

Hunt

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
This manga has a generic story but the way the character are develloped is GOLD

did it reach an end or it got axed ?!

All volumes cover (:hee i am liking it so far)