Discussion - American Football Has a World Cup?!?!!? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion American Football Has a World Cup?!?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom65437

This must be something pretty new. Anyway, I've never heard of it before, and it certainly won't be indicative of our best players. College players who finish their eligibility and are good enough to go pro, go to the NFL. NFL teams aren't going to let their players compete in something like this I would imagine.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, that's a good news and how come USA haven't compete in the World Cup?

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
wow, I didn't even know american football was big enough in other countries to have one of these :blink

but yeah, I can't really see most of the american players taking it seriously...but who knows what could happen

Master O

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
In soccer? We were there, but we just laid down and died.
He was referring to the fact that USA has never fielded a national team for the World Cup of AMERICAN Football.

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, I guess American Football was already kinda competitive before Eyeshield 21... America has lots of people who would love to play football competively that don't make the cut to the NFL. They wouldn't be as talented but they'd still have the passion, hopefully. This could be a repeat of the Olympic Basketball team in the worst possible scenario.

Venom65437

He was referring to the fact that USA has never fielded a national team for the World Cup of AMERICAN Football.
In that case, teams have way too much money tied up into their players to let them go play in something like this. Not that I really blame them.

Master O

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.