Fantasy - Kidd vs Vergo | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Kidd vs Vergo

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
So they fight on streets of Dressrosa.

Doflamingo is hinted to be slightly stronger than Law thus probably also Kidd.
While Vergo is hinted to be Doflamingos right hand man and strongest out of all Seats(he was called by Mingo partner same as Rayleigh was called by Roger, he is longest time with Doflamingo same as Zoro with Luffy and Rayleigh-Roger).

So they should be around as dangerous one to another.

vs

And remember people that Kidd most likely doesnt have as hax attack with his ability as Law has. That cutting moutain power is not at disposal of Vergo.

And Happy New Year to everyone :)

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
We haven't seen Kidd in action, so he gets little in the way of the benefit of the doubt. As it stands, Vergo wins. Just to add a bit about actual abilities, Kidd likely lacks the luxury of an attack that can easily break through Vergo's haki and cause an effect on the scale of Law's. It's likely to be a more drawn out affair.

vagabond87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Poland
We haven't seen Kidd in action, so he gets little in the way of the benefit of the doubt. As it stands, Vergo wins. Just to add a bit about actual abilities, Kidd likely lacks the luxury of an attack that can easily break through Vergo's haki and cause an effect on the scale of Law's. It's likely to be a more drawn out affair.
To me a lot also depends on how Law was shown on Punk Hazard and then on Dressrosa. I mean he is capable enough to take on Vergo in 1 on 1 I think if his power worked on V then it would work during their more "classic" fight I guess.

Kidd is no way weaker than Law and his power to manipulate metal would be very handy if they fought in city when in every home there is a lot of metal things.
Kidd would have resources/ ammo so to say for a lot of fighting. Kids new left arm isnt just for show in my opinion and would come handy(pun intended) in fight against Vergos bamboo weapon I think when Imbued with CoA Hardening Haki that Kidd can surely also use.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
To me a lot also depends on how Law was shown on Punk Hazard and then on Dressrosa. I mean he is capable enough to take on Vergo in 1 on 1 I think if his power worked on V then it would work during their more "classic" fight I guess.

Kidd is no way weaker than Law and his power to manipulate metal would be very handy if they fought in city when in every home there is a lot of metal things.
Kidd would have resources/ ammo so to say for a lot of fighting. Kids new left arm isnt just for show in my opinion and would come handy(pun intended) in fight against Vergos bamboo weapon I think when Imbued with CoA Hardening Haki that Kidd can surely also use.
Kidd's ability is relatively dependent on the setting. In the same setting as Law v Vergo, surrounded by tons of metal, he'd have an advantage. Most places, he'd have to rely on whatever he had on his person. Vergo doesn't utilise any metallic weapons, so he doesn't have to worry about that. As I've said, we haven't seen much of Kidd, so this is purely based on his DF ability. We don't know how his speed, strength, or endurance compares to some of the other top-level combatants.

vagabond87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Kidd's ability is relatively dependent on the setting. In the same setting as Law v Vergo, surrounded by tons of metal, he'd have an advantage. Most places, he'd have to rely on whatever he had on his person. Vergo doesn't utilise any metallic weapons, so he doesn't have to worry about that. As I've said, we haven't seen much of Kidd, so this is purely based on his DF ability. We don't know how his speed, strength, or endurance compares to some of the other top-level combatants.
Well but It would be logical if Kidd can also use elements of his metal arm as weapon.
It would be weird if its there only to be used as normal weapon while it could be separated into pieces and used also as projectile weapon for example.
So it secures him from running out of metal objects to use in critical situation by 100%

I also wrote in first post that location of fight is Dressrosa(if they would fight on Punk Hazard for example - Kidd would always win as almost every wall was covered and / or made out of metal in most of Punk Hazard from what we have seen. City like Dressrosa on other hand gives characters a lot of space to fight and a lot of metal for kid but not amount that would instantly overpower Vergo like on PH).

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Well but It would be logical if Kidd can also use elements of his metal arm as weapon.
It would be weird if its there only to be used as normal weapon while it could be separated into pieces and used also as projectile weapon for example.
So it secures him from running out of metal objects to use in critical situation by 100%

I also wrote in first post that location of fight is Dressrosa(if they would fight on Punk Hazard for example - Kidd would always win as almost every wall was covered and / or made out of metal in most of Punk Hazard from what we have seen. City like Dressrosa on other hand gives characters a lot of space to fight and a lot of metal for kid but not amount that would instantly overpower Vergo like on PH).
Of course his arm is going to be consistently useful. I was just making the point that he'd be capable of a lot more if he was also surrounded by it. Dressrosa is a bit of a mixed bag; there's likely quite a bit of metal in total, however, it's mostly spread out. Of course, the issue remains when it comes to Kidd's stats so to speak. Is he capable of taking considerable damage, is he quick? These sort of things matter, particularly against an opponent like Vergo who seems to rely on pure physical ability backed by considerable haki mastery.

vagabond87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Of course his arm is going to be consistently useful. I was just making the point that he'd be capable of a lot more if he was also surrounded by it. Dressrosa is a bit of a mixed bag; there's likely quite a bit of metal in total, however, it's mostly spread out. Of course, the issue remains when it comes to Kidd's stats so to speak. Is he capable of taking considerable damage, is he quick? These sort of things matter, particularly against an opponent like Vergo who seems to rely on pure physical ability backed by considerable haki mastery.
From "looks" he is muscular compared to Law for example. He looks like brawler + long range fighter. Like he is muscular most likely not only for show. Maybe his ability needs actual strength to be used to manipulate metal objects? We dont know yet.

But I see him as more capable of taking and giving a physicall beating than Law who looks slimm compared to him. But those might be just looks of course.

I guess he also uses a dagger that he was grabbing at times before timeskip- most likely he also uses metal object/weapons etc to pull enemy toward himself or himself towards enemy. Otherwise if he would fight on distance he would have no need for dagger or now he most likely can use that metal arm to finish off enemy that gets close.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To be honest I would go for kidd. Its true that we have not seen kid fight however as far as position and role in the manga he is quite high so to speak. I mean, he was introduced as the most dangerous rookie safe for luffy and is the only other supernova whose crew had a supernova. If we consider the bit where luffy, law and kidd fought the marines we can also make the case that he was made out to be a direct rival to luffy alongside with law. Sure, we have not seen kidd fight but if we consider his role before and that law ultimately did not seem to have all that much trouble in the end with him then it makes sense that kidd would be the stronger one of the two.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kidd because he is supposed to be on Law's level or stronger.