Shounen - Douluo Dalu (Soul Land) By Tang Jia San Shao & Mu Feng Chun | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Douluo Dalu (Soul Land) By Tang Jia San Shao & Mu Feng Chun

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Douluo Dalu (aka Soul Land)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Shounen
Author: Tang Jia San Shao
Artist: Mu Feng Chun
Description: Tang Sect, the most famous martial arts sect of all. By stealing its most secret teachings to fulfill his dreams, Tang San committed an unforgivable crime. With his ambition attained, he hands his legacy to the sect and throws himself from the fearsome “Hell’s Peak.”

But he could have never imagined that this would take him to another world, one without magic, martial arts, and grudges. A land where only the mystical souls of battle lay.

The continent of Douro.

How will Tang San survive in this unknown environment? With a new road to follow, a new legend begins…

[Taken from Baka-Updates]

My thoughts: Solid and entertaining action adventure shounen with a sense of humor. The spirit based power system works well and the characters are pretty good overall.

It doesn't quite do enough with the the main character being reincarnated, leaving that aspect feeling like something of a dead end, but even with that this is a really good series for those looking for a solid shounen action adventure bordering on battlemanga.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
definitely a must read, started reading the novel a while ago ( the chapters that were translated), i enjoyed the novel lot more than the manhua but the manhua remain epic. my favorite manhua after BTTH

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I've been reading this for a while. It started off pretty well, then at some point it had some rather annoying pacing issues with a time-skip. At times it isn't particularly clear, although that might just be some translation issues. Overall, it's been a pretty entertaining read so far.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It transitioned from a protagonist focused series into more of an ensemble thing that's always a bit of an awkward transition. That being said though I feel like Soul Land's cast managed it better than most.

They are a bunch of genuinely interesting characters, so that's enough to keep me onboard.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I've been reading this for a while. It started off pretty well, then at some point it had some rather annoying pacing issues with a time-skip. At times it isn't particularly clear, although that might just be some translation issues. Overall, it's been a pretty entertaining read so far.
they rushed and pampered lot of thing, adding couple of filer in the mix from the novel to the manhua past a certain point. i got frustrated with the manhua because of it, they've been trying to add childish-like comedy everywhere ( like fatty and his pheonix like transformation that's not even in the novel) while in the novel the tone of the story is really more serious and intense.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
It's taken a few months, but we have a couple more chapters. They are a definitely a step in the right direction, everything's been a bit underwhelming since the timeskip.

Tweezers

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Loved this! I started reading it back when it was being updated rapidly, which made me a even bigger fan. However, I did not like how it suddenly dropped off and reappeared with a second season type thing, with a new main character that resembles our original lead. I may just be way out of date, or missed some chapters but if not, what happened? I haven't read the original web story but from what I heard, the second season manhua is way down the road from where the first season left off. I'm so confused. This was a big reason why I turned to Dou Po Cang Qiong instead. Honestly, I only read one chapter of Douluo Dalu 2 and stopped. It just sort of pissed me off. Maybe one day I will read the second season, I still have hope the continuation of the first series will be converted to Manhua as a complete story.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Loved this! I started reading it back when it was being updated rapidly, which made me a even bigger fan. However, I did not like how it suddenly dropped off and reappeared with a second season type thing, with a new main character that resembles our original lead. I may just be way out of date, or missed some chapters but if not, what happened? I haven't read the original web story but from what I heard, the second season manhua is way down the road from where the first season left off. I'm so confused. This was a big reason why I turned to Dou Po Cang Qiong instead. Honestly, I only read one chapter of Douluo Dalu 2 and stopped. It just sort of pissed me off. Maybe one day I will read the second season, I still have hope the continuation of the first series will be converted to Manhua as a complete story.
Duolo Dalu 1 and Duolo Dalu 2 aren't the same. there is also a DD 3. each are from 3 different novels and 3 different storyline, its just that the manhua for DD1 and DD2 are being released at the same time. DD1 is being translated slowly, and DD2 is a different manhua thus you're making a mistake by thinking DD2 is the continuation of DD1. that being said the manhua doesn't make justice to the epicness of the novel. you can read the novel that's translated at a faster pace https://bluesilvertranslations.wordpress.com/chapter-list/ than the manhua. if you want spoilers of the whole story, check the timeline doc in that folder https://drive.google.com/folderview...ive_web&tid=0B7PIRwu9hTEFODllMFFRemljMGc#list

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did not know that. Pretty confusing way to title the series.

Wonder why they decided to do that?

alisdfd

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
England

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Duolo Dalu 1 and Duolo Dalu 2 aren't the same. there is also a DD 3. each are from 3 different novels and 3 different storyline, its just that the manhua for DD1 and DD2 are being released at the same time. DD1 is being translated slowly, and DD2 is a different manhua thus you're making a mistake by thinking DD2 is the continuation of DD1. that being said the manhua doesn't make justice to the epicness of the novel. you can read the novel that's translated at a faster pace https://bluesilvertranslations.wordpress.com/chapter-list/ than the manhua. if you want spoilers of the whole story, check the timeline doc in that folder
This is really late for a response but just wanted to clear up that Douluo Dalu 2 is the continuation of Douluo Dalu, 10,000 years later in fact. The same with Douluo Dalu 3.