Predictions - Villain Alliance Spy[update 28/07/2017] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Villain Alliance Spy[update 28/07/2017]

Who is the mole?

• Total voters

seizzoverow

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hello and welcome back in my thread that discuss further about the spy in boku no hero academia.

I remake this thread because i want to editing of suspicious person list in the thread by many resource and previous discussion.

Spy objective?

This is the most important reason why the spy must exist. According to my prediction the spy main objective is:

+ AFO information provider about quirk and people that dangerous or can be lured to the Villain Alliance.

+ Infilterate the Hero structure to taking down All Might and other top heroes to overturn society

How the spy be able to infilterate the hero structure? There’s two way by corrupting pro hero or to get into hero academy as new hero.

Inside the UA the spy already doing a well done job by :

- Gathering intel about UA schedule to launch first and second villain alliance attack

- Destabilize the trust between UA teacher,student, and society about hero works

Yet the spy current mission is the one interesting right now because at this point

- if the spy is UA student than villain alliance still didn’t have access to the “Hero Network” where all the information about hero quirk and intel from well-known to underrated hero is placed.

- If the spy is UA teacher than villain alliance is already become most dangerous organization right now.

Now from the time being let see who can be the spy candidate based from

----------------

+UA student

----------------

----------------
Firstly let refresh back to first incident from chapter 12 where class 1-a do voting and the villain break the UA barrier

- The only person who missing in this chapter is hagakure,supported by she is not in the vote list and no appearance on the chapter/but this lead to controversial because in anime version she is in the class and vote for herself.
----------------
Secondly we have the first villain alliance attack

- Aoyama & hagakure is missing in action

- Hagakure giving a suspicious testimony where she is know ojiro fighting alone in conflagration zone while she is suppose to be with todoroki in landslide zone

- Kaminari also giving a suspicious testimony where he said the communication is being jammed

Result [aoyama + 1] [hagakure + 1] [kaminari + 1]
----------------
To the big event of UA sport festival we have few suspicious behavior that worth to mention

- Ashido in anime version is using aoyama weakness in their battle while she is pointed as second place in written test a.k.a intelligence

- Ojiro,nirengeki,and kendou forfeit from the final sport festival

Result [aoyama + 1] [hagakure + 1] [kaminari + 1] [ojiro +1] [nirengeki + 1] [kendou + 1]
----------------
Midoriya meet with shigaraki after the exam result

- Kurogiri mentioned that shigaraki have a habit where when lost in thought he wander alone to shopping district

- Hagakure inviting UA student to go to shopping district together

- On the same day kaminari mismatched expression is also worth to mention

Result [hagakure + 2] [kaminari + 2] [aoyama + 1] [ojiro +1] [nirengeki + 1] [kendou + 1]
----------------
Next to the training camp and second villain alliance attack, this is where lots of suspicious suspect arise

- In the 2nd night before the attack happen there’s a 1-a class sleeping scene where’s if you think about it again it feels really weird, the boys part was explained by iida in the light novel where everyone actually sleeping,but in the girl part there something interesting point where hagakure sleeping naked and her sleeping posture is really weird but at the same time there’s a big light glowing in the vision of the villain where the camp located is it coincidence?

- From the start of the attack villain alliance already target ragdoll where she is actually AFO priority target, the big question is who know ragdoll position? The one who know is all class 1-B member except monoma also tokoyami,shouji,todoroki,bakugou,hagakure,jirou,yaoyaruzu,and aoyama who already leaving mid point of courage test.

- Shigaraki kill list also contribute a lot where an interesting word mention there that there’s a 1 kill list and 2 non kill list including Midoriya but the one who said it was Twice but there’s a contradiction where Mr.Muscular said midoriya is on the kill list so Twice probably lying,and the one who in the kill list is said by Twice probably the spy which lead to shouji or todoroki.

Result [hagakure + 4] [kendou + 2] [kaminari + 2] [shouji + 2][todoroki + 2] [aoyama + 2] [nirengeki + 2] [jirou +1] [tokoyami +1] [ojiro +1] [yaoyaruzu + 1] [B class + 1 ]
----------------
The big raid on villain alliance also contribute to narrow down some suspect from class 1-A

- Firstly the reaction of bakugou rescue plan and who knowing it lead to the possibility that they are leaking it to AFO so he can prepare the suspicious noumu factory and take down some heroes in there, And the important part their reaction knowing kirishima,midoriya,yaoyaruzu,iida and todoroki was in the villain raid is lead to 3 people who give other expression beside surprised or disappointed and that was aoyama that didn’t suprised, also tokoyami and shouji that just give a glance.

- This is also worth to mention where shouji is giving almost empty dorm room and describe that he didn’t have worldly desire but quite attached to his phone.

Result [hagakure + 4] ] [shouji + 4] [aoyama + 3] [kendou + 2] [tokoyami +2] [kaminari + 2] [todoroki + 2] [nirengeki + 2] [jirou +1] [ojiro +1] [yaoyaruzu + 1] [B class + 1 ]

Hero license also include another suspicious behavior where it revealed to be toga in disguise and another odd behavior

- First appearance of hagakure quirk in action

- Kaminari using strategy is really out of his characteristic but probably it can also count as development

Result [hagakure + 4] ] [shouji + 4] [aoyama + 3] ] [kaminari + 2] [kendou + 2] [tokoyami +2] [todoroki + 2] [nirengeki + 2] [jirou +1] [ojiro +1] [yaoyaruzu + 1] [B class + 1 ]

----------------

+UA teacher

----------------

I don't want to say a lot about this but the one who know most of UA schedule and structure leaving side aizawa is nedzu,midnight,snipe,present mic,and vlad. So it still vague about being one of them as spy at this point.

----------------------

based from previous result and lot of character moment i have my own prime suspect:

Hagakure [60%]

- Her placement is too convenient in the all of villain attack

- One of her quirk function is long range support and her fighting style is a close combat fighter validated by the second ova where her punch can give a crack to the wall and her formation against mirio of big three

- She ask a lot about certain something lead to personal intel, and also know a lot about intel

----------------
Shouji [20%]

- The one who act heroic when villain alliance attack for protecting ashido and sero in first attack, tokoyami and deku in second attack

- Have a contradiction moment out of character

- Don’t have a lot of dialogue moment and not very close to everyone in class 1-A

- If it's true that he wasn't on the shigaraki kill list it raise a lot of suspicion
----------------
Kaminari [10%]

- The second character who have out out character moment many times

- There’s a possibility where he lies about being jammed

- I don’t think it’s normal scratching when he is doing it while thinking about bakugou rescue plan probably he tried to contact afo at that time

- Very close to bakugou recently looks like monitoring him
----------------
Tokoyami [7%]

- What if he’s abduction plan was actually a setup to make him not the prime suspect? And make him leaving UA because the recon mission done?

- What if he create a scene and give a logical reason where he goes berserk
----------------
Kendou [2%]

- It can gives a plot device to the story of class 1-B situation

- She actually the type who gathering intel proved in her asking senpai about the exam despite it probably count as unheroic thing
----------------
Aoyama [1%]

- He is actually the one who know the characteristic people around him quite well supported by guessing ochako loves deku

- He is a coward for hiding actually behind the fight

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Toru is the most likely to be the spy. Everything you said aobut her is proof, but the biggest reason could be that we still don't know her Quirk. Her Invisibility isn't her full Quirk, it's just a mutation like Tokoyami's crow head or Kouda's rock body.
Her Quirk must be something strong if she could pass the entrance exam.

costicla

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well, first I`m pretty sure that none of the kids are any kind of spy or anything like that. There has been nothing sugesting that (except Bakugou being an asshole, but that`s how he usually is. Second, the only argument I see for her being some kind of spy is that she is invisible.

Now as for you points, in the first villain alliance, she was almost frozen by Todoroki accidentally, so she was there; I don`t understand your second point about them meeting for shooping. Did you mean that she proposed for them to split up and not go together? I don`t remember if it was her or not that did it, but that doesn`t say much. Shigaraki seemed to just be there on a whim. Again, I dodn`t understand this point, do you mean she trie to give their position away?When?And making her the horse in the obstacle race was pretty logical, since you could nly see the bandana but you couldn`t see her, so you wouldn`t see a counter-attack from her if you tried to take the bandana. And as for your last point, you could make a case that anyone who isn`t in last place but close to it could be a spy, since they would try not to draw attention to themselves.

Anyway, that`s just how I see it and I could be totally wrong, as I usually am when making any kind of prediction. I just don`t really see the point of making any of the kids villains now. We are supposed to see them grow up and choose their paths. Maybe along the way some would want to be villains, but right now? I don`t know, one of them already being a villain just seems kind of a waste. But as I said, that`s just how I see it and I could be totally wrong.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That there is a spy/traitor amongst the students or teachers should be proven with this arc now. The camping location was changed and hold a secret until the day they left, but somehow the villains still found them.

About the attack at USJ: Toru made herself suspicious there when she commented on how Ojiro fought so well on his own while at the same time she said she was with Todoroki. Both of them were on different locations and we didn't see what Ojiro did at all, but we saw how Todoroki interogated the villains and went to help All Might. So where was Toru? Did she stay at the location where Todoroki was sent after he left that location? Did she decide to walk through USJ and visit different locations instead of going back to the entrance and try to contact for help or get in safety?

About the point with the shopping mall: Toru was the one who suggested that everyone should go and while it's true that Shigaraki found Deku by pure coincidence it could maybe be that someone told Shigaraki to go to that shopping mall. Maybe the spy doesn't work for Shigaraki but for Blackmist or AFO and they told the spy (Toru) to propose that idea while at the same time they told Shigaraki to go out and visit the shopping mall himself.

What else makes her suspicious? 2 things:

1. In the chapter where the class elected the class president Toru wasn't there. There were 19 votes, but there are 20 students. Deku got 3 votes (his own, Iidas' and Ochako's votes), Momo got 2 votes (her own and Todoroki's vote) and everyone else voted for themselves. The names of everyone who voted for themselves were on the board, only Toru's name wasn't. This means Toru didn't vote because she must have been "absent". But her being absent could have been a lie from her, because this chapter is also the one where Shigaraki destroyed the front gate and allowed the reporters, who came to interview All Might, to create a mass panic. Blackmist explained that they stole the information about All Might's teaching schedule and thanks to that they could plan the attack at USJ when only 2 other teachers and 20 students were supposed to be there, a few kilometers away from the school.
So let me ask this: What better time could there be to steal information than during a mass panic and who could be better to steal that information than an invisible person? A person who calls herself "The stealth hero".

2. She is the only person who's Quirk hasn't been shown yet. In the Omake of Volume 2 Horikoshi said he wanted to explain her Quirk, but couldn't do it yet. Her Quirk must be something strong enough to defeat the entrance exam robots, because her body is that of a 15 year old girl and such a girl shouldn't be able to destroy such robots with only her body. People who have stronger bodies thanks to their Quirks like Kouda, Ojiro and Shouji are understandable to do it with only their bodies, but not Toru with her normal looking human body. That means she must have a strong enough Quirk to defeat the robots, but she never used it. Not during the training fight against Todoroki, not in the first game of the sports festival because she placed in the last 5 and not in the 2nd game because her team lost. That we also didn't see her fight with Shouji against Snipe-Sensei and that we didn't see how she trains her Quirk in the camping trip just makes it more suspicious.

With all this Toru just is too suspicious for me and the first one i would suspect as a possible traitor/spy.

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
As I've been saying in agreement to all of you, if there's a mole between the students, it's either Toru or Aoyama (maybe even both, so that they individually raise less suspicion).

If the mole is among the teachers, then we can't predict, we've seen so little of them all.

If there's a chance for Horikoshi to show Toru's quirk, it's now. They're training the students, Aizawa knows her true quirk if she's not hiding it. Since she passed the test, they know how she did it, so it's unlikely they don't know a bit about the extent of her powers. At least if she's not a spy we can learn more about her.

Regarding Aoyama, it's hard to know if his inability and flashiness is just some kind of comical relief or if there's more into it.

Maybe we should think of other names like seizzoverow did. Tokoyami's dark shadow taking over his personality (in this case, he hid the true extent of his quirk's change of mood and power when explaining it to Deku and friends) would be a nice twist, but rather improbable. I don't think Kendou could be the one to betray then.

Another possibility for a Tokoyami twist: There's someone abscent in this boys room scene:
http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/73/page/9
Tokoyami's bed? Aoyama's?

So, a long shot here: In this chapter, Dabi said that they would only attack when they get the 10 villains together. They got only to 7 by the last time we saw them. Could it be that there are 3 infiltrated villains? Dabi also said that they would need elite villains, so it's highly unlikely 3 of them are Yuuei students IMO. But hey, we're a bit out of possibilities.

Another long shot: this other invisible student from class B, it seems (40 place if Tooru is #38):
http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/26/page/20
Invisible partner in crime for Tooru or just crackpot?

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
lol, I'd never know this if you hadn't told me. How did this guy get into Yuuei too?

Well, he could be the mole too but now it's less likely.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think it's a student. And if it's one then he'll have to be extremely strong and well trained for his age to fool people like that. Hagakure and Aoyama could be hiding their true strength but if it's really a student Hagakure is the most obvious choice. I can't imagine Aoyama being a good spy.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If the traitor is a teacher than there are a few possible characters Horikoshi could use and who still didn't get introduced:

I especially find the one on the far left, next to Present Mic, suspicious. His outfit resembles a bit that of the guy in the middle panel:
But i guess it ain't him, because of the difference in height.

seizzoverow

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well, first I`m pretty sure that none of the kids are any kind of spy or anything like that. There has been nothing sugesting that (except Bakugou being an asshole, but that`s how he usually is. Second, the only argument I see for her being some kind of spy is that she is invisible.

Now as for you points, in the first villain alliance, she was almost frozen by Todoroki accidentally, so she was there; I don`t understand your second point about them meeting for shooping. Did you mean that she proposed for them to split up and not go together? I don`t remember if it was her or not that did it, but that doesn`t say much. Shigaraki seemed to just be there on a whim. Again, I dodn`t understand this point, do you mean she trie to give their position away?When?And making her the horse in the obstacle race was pretty logical, since you could nly see the bandana but you couldn`t see her, so you wouldn`t see a counter-attack from her if you tried to take the bandana. And as for your last point, you could make a case that anyone who isn`t in last place but close to it could be a spy, since they would try not to draw attention to themselves.

Anyway, that`s just how I see it and I could be totally wrong, as I usually am when making any kind of prediction. I just don`t really see the point of making any of the kids villains now. We are supposed to see them grow up and choose their paths. Maybe along the way some would want to be villains, but right now? I don`t know, one of them already being a villain just seems kind of a waste. But as I said, that`s just how I see it and I could be totally wrong.
before i reply i gonna admit sorry for long reply or the word that maybe it's hard to be understand i'm not good in telling my intention in word.
1. shengao already said the point, and i will just add image to proof she's maybe not in the both zone but in monitor room

in 2nd point the focus is in timeline if toru is in villain alliance spy
X day ->shigaraki go outside ->some of villain(the one behind the tv screen/blackmist) contacted hagakure ->hagakure lead midoriya to shopping district where shigaraki ussualy go outside -> Y day they are meeting each other

in 3rd point you're opinion is right too,it can be like that,but don' forget some range attack quirk too and she is in human cavalry as you can see 3 people who act like the horse you will know the safe range to steal it.

hagakure itself in very emotional situation where the longer she there,the more she's hurtin her own heart when she choose to betray them,and maybe the author prepare some arc like "villain turn into hero",but for my own personal preferrence that's not good.
also we have other 2 that look's like teen buat already be badass villain like poison gas mask kid and toga himiko.

costicla

Reaction score
Country
Romania
before i reply i gonna admit sorry for long reply or the word that maybe it's hard to be understand i'm not good in telling my intention in word.
1. shengao already said the point, and i will just add image to proof she's maybe not in the both zone but in monitor room

in 2nd point the focus is in timeline if toru is in villain alliance spy
X day ->shigaraki go outside ->some of villain(the one behind the tv screen/blackmist) contacted hagakure ->hagakure lead midoriya to shopping district where shigaraki ussualy go outside -> Y day they are meeting each other

in 3rd point you're opinion is right too,it can be like that,but don' forget some range attack quirk too and she is in human cavalry as you can see 3 people who act like the horse you will know the safe range to steal it.

hagakure itself in very emotional situation where the longer she there,the more she's hurtin her own heart when she choose to betray them,and maybe the author prepare some arc like "villain turn into hero",but for my own personal preferrence that's not good.
also we have other 2 that look's like teen buat already be badass villain like poison gas mask kid and toga himiko.
I understood what you mean, but I just don`t see any of the kids being a spy. If anyone is gonna be a spy, it would probably be an adult. Maybe the police commisioner, maybe one of the teachers. I just don`t see any the kids being capable of something like this. Of course we don`t know a lot about most of them, like Aoyama of Hagakure, so there`s that. Guess we will see in the coming chapters if there really is a spy or not.

Devil Bat

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mali
I will vote Mineta because the author could easily make the whole of Class A to kill him.

I seriously consider Mashirao Ojiro and Nirengeki Shouda as spy candidates since both of them quit the Athletics Festival.

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Her Quirk must be something strong if she could pass the entrance exam.
I imagine her quirk given her invisibility likely has to do with manipulating light, since invisibility would be a byproduct of being able to refract light. Assuming of course her quirk is indeed beyond mere invisibility. Either that or we get a barrier like user, ala Fantastic 4, which again would be capable manipulating the way in which light is refracted.

seizzoverow

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
new hint has been added hope you guys like it ^.^.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Now we can be sure that Aoyama is not the spy. Do you think the spy is most likely a student or a teacher? I think Hagakure being the one would be too obvious.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Now we can be sure that Aoyama is not the spy. Do you think the spy is most likely a student or a teacher? I think Hagakure being the one would be too obvious.
I wrote this on /r/BokuNoHeroAcademia so i'm just gonna copy paste it here:

I think using Shinsou's Quirk to find out the traitor will only lead to one realization: that the traitor is a student.

Because of what happened at USJ i think the traitor can't be Tsukauchi (All Might's police friend) or a teacher.

The teachers know about All Might's time limit, they know he is weakened and they know when his time for a day is up. During the attack at USJ Shigaraki asked if the rumors about All Might getting weaker are true. Why rumors? A teacher would know it. Even more, the teachers knew that at that day All Might wouldn't be able to take part in the lesson at USJ and they replaced him with No.13. Shigaraki goes through all the trouble to destroy the school gate and create chaos, but the teacher traitor doesn't inform him that All Might won't be there and his plan would end up in failure? Sounds unlikely.

Why can't Tsukauchi be the traitor? Most of the same reasons like for the teachers. Tsukauchi knows all about All Might, even about OFA. Once again there wouldn't be any rumors, he could tell them that he is really getting weaker and when his time limit is up. It's also unlikely that Tsukauchi knew about the location of the camping lodge. It's something the school changed and hold secret until the day of departure.

Why would Shigaraki, a literal manchild who throws tantrums if things don't go his way, go through all the trouble at USJ if all they could do is wait for a teacher/Tsukauchi to tell him the moment All Might's day limit is up? Because he doesn't have any other way, because the traitor working for him or AFO doesn't know about any of that.
I still think Toru is the most likely spy, but for a while i thought that one of the remedial bunch could be a traitor.
Kirishima, Sero, Sato, Kaminari and Mina are still very unexplained, especially Sero, Sato and Mina. We barely know anything about them and who says that one or more of them didn't fail the end of term exam on purpose? Eraserhead said that the ones who fail would stay back at UA for summer school, seems like a perfect chance to let the League of Villains attack the students at the camping lodge while their spy is safe at UA. It wouldn't be a good idea to tell expendable villains about the spy so Shigaraki or Blackmist probably didn't tell them about it. Because of that if the spy would take part in the camping lodge they could have been killed in the attack by people like Musclefiber or Moonfish.
TL;DR: Spy fails purposefully the exam = stays back at UA in safety = no risk of the new villains accidentally killing the spy they don't know about.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Makes sense. If it's a student than I think Monoma is most likely the mole, he does have some idiot moments but his observation during the Bakugou VS Uraraka match shown that he is sharp, his Quirk is no joke either and he is the only one who failed the test in his class even though they knew they'd face robots in advance, he failed and yet his grades were enough to put him in the Heroics Department. Moreover, he seemed to be a little obsessed with Bakugou during the festival.

Hagakure still got poisoned, it's true that it could be a tactic to not get suspected but it would be too much IMO, her Quirk makes her most suspicious too.

If it's one of the class A kid I'd say it's mot likely the boy who was not sleeping during the night before the attack

He or Sero, because his failure during the exam was the most unnatural, and he expected to fail even though it's thanks to him that Mineta succeeded, it was kinda odd to me. Along with Kirishima he is the second student among the supporting characters who seem to get along the most with Bakugou.

The failure of the four others seemed natural to me and they would have never failed against robots. If it's Kaminari or Mina it means they are very good actors, but it'd be kinda interesting if it was Kaminari who was hiding his true power all this time, his Quirk is easily one of the strongest and he can contact people with his transceiver.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thinking about Kaminari as the spy made me reread the chapter where Aizawa explained his ruse. I always found his reaction weird, like at first it's a "Phew, i don't have to go. Thank god." and then turning into a "God no, now i really have to go there..." reaction.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Wow, it makes sense. And Kaminari even quite liked Stain. It wouldn't be out of nowhere, those chapters speak a bit about it, they are clues.

If that's the case, Horikoshi should be praised.

Ilyia

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I think Hagakure being the one would be too obvious.
No the only two things we should take into consideration when tryong to figure out a traitor is:

1. The clues given in the manga.
2. manga logic.

If there is a traitor and it is important to the story then good manga-ka will have been dropping hints as to their identity from the very start -- be it in tweets, authors comments or stuff that actually happen in the manga. And Hagakure fill these. She is an invisible her. I.E she spies. Also all the stuff already mentioned when she was absent and how she was the one that suggested that they should go shopping...

And then what about manga logic? Well what I mean by that is -- when the reveal happens it has to be glorious and make you go: Aaaaahh!! O_O!! Whether you were one of those that suspected the right character or not, when the reveal happens the scene has to be able to strike you like that. And after that it has to be a character you can get behind and want to see more of. One easy and cheap way of doing this is to make it a girl.

That said -- I believe there is more than one spy... I believe there is one student spy and one teacher spy.

Student spy: Hagakure
Teacher spy: Snipe

I would give my reasons as to why I believe Snipe is a spy and traitor, but that might be considered a spoiler, so I don't know if I'm actually allowed to post it here?

Hagakure still got poisoned, it's true that it could be a tactic to not get suspected but it would be too much IMO, her Quirk makes her most suspicious too.
If she wanted to avoid suspicion it would be a good idea to get herself poisoned, and since she is invisible she could have waited until there was only a little gas left before taking a big gulp and then positioning herself where she would be found.

Ragdoll was reported missing with large amounts of blood forming a trail. Ragdoll is able to see where everyone is and know the weaknesses of the students quirks. Unless Black Mist took care of her, it had to have been the traitor that attacked her. Ragdoll would have been able to avoid any sneak attacks from any of the first strike team members. Since they made a point of not showing that she had been attacked and even mentioned that she had gone missing leaving a trail of blood, this suggests it wasn't Black Mist.

During all that commotion, the only one that could have snuck off an not been seen by any of the other students is Hagakure.

Last edited: